Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival spawn rates with console hosts are horrible

60framespersecond

Now that we've had "full" cross play for a couple of days, it's become kind of clear that the consoles make for terrible hosts in Survival. Spawn rates are really bad, sometimes reminding me of PC solo spawns. Had a full squad, public Survival fissure just now and we failed to gather the 10 reactants even though we were (for PC standards) reasonably close together. And I'm observing similar things basically whenever that swirly icon pops up after the host's name.

I don't think there is a good solution? Maybe make cross play a two-option-setting? First for general "do you want cross play?", second for "do you want to be hosted by other platforms?".

PS: maybe not all consoles are terribad, but how about we get the actually useful platform-specific icons back so we can be more specific? This generic icon is so incredibly bad, I don't even.

is that what the swirly thing is supposed to be, a generic Icon? i could've sworn just earlier Today (haven't been playing much recently) i saw both a Platform Icon and the swirly thing in the same Session (on different Players ofcourse). but maybe i'm nuts.
explains what the swirly is supposed to represent though, perhaps. i couldn't come up with any ideas on what such an Icon was supposed to be representing as far as Platform, had me stumped.

anyways if the Platform a Host is on does differ things like that, should be easy enough to test... particularly with Steel Path overriding things.

13 minutes ago, taiiat said:

is that what the swirly thing is supposed to be, a generic Icon? i could've sworn just earlier Today (haven't been playing much recently) i saw both a Platform Icon and the swirly thing in the same Session (on different Players ofcourse). but maybe i'm nuts.
explains what the swirly is supposed to represent though, perhaps. i couldn't come up with any ideas on what such an Icon was supposed to be representing as far as Platform, had me stumped.

anyways if the Platform a Host is on does differ things like that, should be easy enough to test... particularly with Steel Path overriding things.

There was a Xbox platform icon for Xbox players at the beginning of crossplay test, but later DE change it to random generic icon because apparently one of console dev dont wanna be identify

Still dont see what is wrong with showing on which platform players play Warframe, because i kinda liked Xbox icon, was nice to see how Xbox players populate more abbadonded location a now we have generic icon 🙄

Didn't have an OP Speed Nova like me in your squad, That's why you failed. (joke)

IDK, bro did u kill em fast enough? 

Sometimes people pull the mob and struggle to kill it, then it messes everything up.

Other times I find myself killing too fast [Saryn], and that also messes reactants up, but only on Défense if I recall.

I have noticed my loading times are very slow on Xbox compared to pc, and also noticed very long system crashes when I spawn my wisp spectre so I believe it to be my old Xbox just being old (Microsoft broke it on purpose to persuade me to buy new one.. :D)

..-Unfortunately cannot confirm any results regarding your issue.

- j

1 hour ago, (XBOX)IMM0RTALBLUD said:

Didn't have an OP Speed Nova like me in your squad, That's why you failed. (joke)

IDK, bro did u kill em fast enough? 

Sometimes people pull the mob and struggle to kill it, then it messes everything up.

Other times I find myself killing too fast [Saryn], and that also messes reactants up, but only on Défense if I recall.

I have noticed my loading times are very slow on Xbox compared to pc, and also noticed very long system crashes when I spawn my wisp spectre so I believe it to be my old Xbox just being old (Microsoft broke it on purpose to persuade me to buy new one.. :D)

..-Unfortunately cannot confirm any results regarding your issue.

- j

From my experience (on PC), we were doing pretty much like an average public survival fissure squad. Also, maybe that wasn't clear enough, I'm not only talking about fissures. Same happens in the new Conjunction mode. Can't speak for Steel Path though, don't play that with public matchmaking.

It's not like there is no precedent on the spawn rate topic, just that it only now starts hitting the arguably larger PC player base, that for the most parts, like me, wasn't actively aware of the matter.

Found for example

20 hours ago, 60framespersecond said:

maybe not all consoles are terribad

I know on ps4 its bad

My final suggestion for it when i was discussing it on the forums is to just make them garaunteed drop atleast 1 from infected enemies and force enemies to spawn at certain times. Short missions should spawn them 10x faster than survival, defense should spawn them twice per wave, maybe extra on final wave in the case of bugs.

And since shorter missions may end up being even better than longer ones, i really think something needs to be done to the incentive of longer mission runs. Like Increased chances of rare drops the longer you go, much more void tracers, chances for relic drops on killed infected enemies, something

Archived