Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove the extract button in Zariman missions

Nissun

Selfish or clueless hosts use it willy-nilly, leading to host migration failures and lost rewards. Maybe there's a better way to implement it, I don't know. All I know is that losing stuff to host migration makes me want to punt this whole game that I love into the sun.

They just need to fix host migration already. It's been plaguing the game for years now... Like how hard would it be to actually do the host migration before the host departs, instead of kicking everyone into a loading screen which might never bring them back. At the very least, do the thing where you put the players in a solo sessions if host migration fails, instead of forgetting their drops and returning them to their Liset.

Bad migration code should not be an excuse to remove the ability to extract from mission. As a matter of fact all missions should have the option to extract when you feel like it without screwing other players over.

5 minutes ago, Nissun said:

Selfish or clueless hosts use it willy-nilly, leading to host migration failures and lost rewards. Maybe there's a better way to implement it, I don't know. All I know is that losing stuff to host migration makes me want to punt this whole game that I love into the sun.

No. Your host still able to extract or close game. It won't help you but it will make game worse for others.

46 minutes ago, Nissun said:

Players can't choose to be host or not and having been held hostage in missions before the change, I cannot support reverting mechanics. 

If you want a stable host, make a team and volunteer. 

If randoms want to look around for voidplumes after objective is complete, either ask for permission or join a pre-made squad.  I do not want to wait for players who waste time. They are not only wasting my time, they are making poor use of their own time. It is more efficient to reset the mission right away than to keep going after the objective has been completed. Exception if you for some reason failed to find the Void Angel and you need the pinion. Then you might save time by backtracking rather than starting a new mission.

7 hours ago, Nissun said:

Although I am suffered for years by those unstable VPN hosts who can only access our server via using VPN and IT REALLY SUCKS, and I have seen some trolls intended to cause host migration as well, but I can't agreed on you at all.

Do you mean you must get along with various trolls when you had those as your teammate randomly?? We still have the rights to quit the mission. I know that it was required when I see AFKs and leeches. But you want use to not choose to leave the game. Then, do you want to say that legalize those troll? Seriously? Are we have to keep fed those trolls and we don't have any option to resist?

Yes unstable VPN hosts are everywhere, at least on my region, and there are trolls who wants to blow off the room and lose the rewards. But remove the leave button is never be a solution at all. It is only the root of more and more serious problems, while solves nothing.

For example, I am not surprised there are a grand outbreak of AFKs in the public matching and we have to choose go solo if the game blocks to leave a mission - now they know that they can harass the others legally and more effectively, so why not for those wicked minds who only satisfied for the suffering of the others?

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2023-04-30 at 7:40 PM, R4nd0mBr3 said:

I seriously don't understand why is the button even there. What's wrong with timed extraction used everywhere else in the game?

Lost rewards so many times it's not even funny..

If you go into a random mission and aren't the host, and aren't willing to risk host migration, leave the mission as soon as you load in and go back in and hope you get to be host. repeat as needed. Other than that, use the squad chat to make sure everyone's on the same page. Often, with random squads, the default mindset is "do the mission and extract", except on Zariman it's "do the mission, kill the angel, and extract". If you're after the angel, make sure the squad knows that. If you're after plumes, resources, let the squad know that. You might be surprised how many hosts/squads are willing to help if they know you want/need these things. It's not 100% guaranteed, but as the badguy said in Broken Arrow: "Guarantees are for washing machines."

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, 3mptylord said:

HOWEVER... hosts should not be allowed to click to extract until after the minimum time has elapsed.

This is more obnoxious than it sounds, because the only way to avoid being host is to constantly queue and dequeue yourself.

3 hours ago, Grommile said:

This is more obnoxious than it sounds, because the only way to avoid being host is to constantly queue and dequeue yourself.

I don't really understand why you feel like you would need to avoid being the host - most missions already ask you to wait 60 seconds to extract. Players in this thread are just asking that hosts don't have the power to be disruptive on the Zariman tileset specifically. Per my comment - I'm just saying that I think removing the button would be a step backwards. I think that the button is the best implementation of solo extraction that we've been given so far, or maybe second best after Defense. Versus the solo extraction on Survival/Endless, or the Leave Squad option on Landscapes and Railjacks - the button is the cleanest method. I just think the Zariman test-case has shown that the button still needs the timer. 

But fine - make everyone have to wait at least 20-60 seconds before the button unlocks. It only matters that the host waits because they're the only one with the power to be disruptive, but there's nothing wrong with making everyone wait so that players such as yourself don't experience an injustice. 

Archived