The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Nukor questions

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

So I was blessed with a 53% Nukor last night and acquired it this morning. Very happy about that %. Had to run Cassini 21 times to get the Nukor to come up and that was after getting ~10 other Kuva weapons lol. They must have the Nukor at the end of rotation. The 53 made it worth it.

So I'm liking the Nukor. I put three forma on it this AM. Love the chaining. I view the chaining as ammo mitigation. Since it chains i don't need as much ammo. 

Q1) when I hit enemies it seems like it takes a second to turn them on "fire" indicating status proccing. Is that normal?

Q2) is there a mod that will increase the chaining "range"? Or is there a way to chain to further enemies with any other method (ie Warframe abilities, focus school, etc)

Q3) what improvements can I make? I haven't used this setup yet. Literally just leveled to 36 and had to go to work

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ8hxuvVvKK

Thanks in advance, as always!

24 answers to this question

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Does that few % really make a big difference?

That quote was not from me directly but @Pakaku so they can weigh in if they want.

I'll only say that personally my Nukor is at 40-something percent and I forgot I hadn't maxxed it because it has no trouble with DPS up to a couple hours SP.

13 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I'll try it out. I did add another forma tonight. Also tried it on an arbitration run and was happy to see it chain to the arbitration drones. 

Nukor is great for Arbys and taking out the Drones. 

Also if you want a weapon that links more and is effective and fun, Tenet Cycron is basically a Kuva Nukor lite. Less high end potential, but with its own small advantages. 

8 hours ago, Pakaku said:

most people go Magnetic. I can't tell what element your Nukor is, but I would suggest

M.ine is 53% magnetic. Personally I'm taking a break from the sister/lich hunts for a bit. But I'd like to build some percentages in a bunch of my Kuva and Tenet weapons.

8 hours ago, L3512 said:

You could of course just throw a glaive normally or spam E but that's leaving a crazy amount of damage on the table

I have xoris with 5 formas. It's a decent beast. I use either dual keres prime or the tenet arca plasmor paired with the kuva Nukor. Works well though I don't think my arca plasmor is optimal i need to work on that some. I need an endless amount of Endo and my helminth activated so I can use archon shards.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)BuzzZaw82 said:

I've almost have that same Status Setup...four across but I built mine at 100% Status+ basically using it as a primer.

One of the best uses is it alongside a Glavine Type Weapon that can be Crit, Status or Hybrid...BUT...if you have Condition Overload on something with High Status and even Slash Procs, the damage multiplier from Condition Overload Also Takes Effect from All Sources....Per Wiki...

Status procs may originate from any source, including primary and secondary weapons, Warframe abilities, companions, other players, or the environment.

So some ask why on earth do you want Magnetic or this or that status? Well, if the Nukor is doing four Status Effects and at or near 100%....then add some Glavine Type Weapon say the Pathocyst which does "Viral Base Damage" which has a high status chance to begin with...30%...add a Frame with status procs and effects, you can easily have 6-8 effects going on. At Level 6 the Damage Multiplier for Condition Overload is 480%...at Level 8 it's 640%

Not only do glaive charged explosions not benefit from CO but Pathocyst also suffers from an old bug where it does half the damage it should on charged explosions. You could of course just throw a glaive normally or spam E but that's leaving a crazy amount of damage on the table, also using a secondary and melee combined for priming is a tad excessive.

13 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Normally the idea for a primer Nukor is to avoid any primary bonus damage, because you want as many elements as possible, and primaries mix with your mods. Secondary and Physical damage avoids that, so most people go Magnetic. I can't tell what element your Nukor is, but I would suggest running another and going for Impact instead, if it isn't already. A couple of reasons for that:

• You have 53%, so valence fusion with a new one will get you at least (53% * 1.1 = 58.3%), very close to 60%
  • It gives you a little more room for modding in that first secondary damage type, ex. Radiation + Impact + Magnetic + Toxin
  • Impact counts as a valid element for GS just as much as any other bonus element
  • Hemmorhage will work, so you will gain Impact and Slash procs
    • Slash procs are, of course, extremely valuable vs. armoured enemies

Impact Nukor is a very niche primer and rubbish for DPS, it's the worse option out of heat, magnetic or impact.

Since you're building with Galvanized Shot, you're going for a primer style build. So what you want is status chance and as many elements as possible. Swap the 90% mods with 60% status mods. For a primer, one secondary and one primary should be enough, so you can save yourself a mod slot. My go-tos are Viral/Corrosive and Heat vs. Grineer, or Magnetic and Toxin for Corpus.

Normally the idea for a primer Nukor is to avoid any primary bonus damage, because you want as many elements as possible, and primaries mix with your mods. Secondary and Physical damage avoids that, so most people go Magnetic. I can't tell what element your Nukor is, but I would suggest running another and going for Impact instead, if it isn't already. A couple of reasons for that:

• You have 53%, so valence fusion with a new one will get you at least (53% * 1.1 = 58.3%), very close to 60%
  • It gives you a little more room for modding in that first secondary damage type, ex. Radiation + Impact + Magnetic + Toxin
  • Impact counts as a valid element for GS just as much as any other bonus element
  • Hemmorhage will work, so you will gain Impact and Slash procs
    • Slash procs are, of course, extremely valuable vs. armoured enemies

On the other hand... the Kuva Nukor is pretty strong on its own, it will kill most things too fast to be a good primer most of the time.

Range mods will only extend the initial beam. Punchthrough is good in that case, because the beam will pass through enemies and chain off every enemy the initial beam hits. Punchthrough mods cost a lot of capacity, but on the other hand, 5 forma and a Catalyst will leave you with 80 capacity. Plenty of room if you choose your polarities wisely.

Also, make sure to put some Crit Damage on your Nukor, because you will always crit eventually, better if you're gaining any flat crit chance buffs (I love Arcane Avenger for that...)

I've almost have that same Status Setup...four across but I built mine at 100% Status+ basically using it as a primer.

One of the best uses is it alongside a Glavine Type Weapon that can be Crit, Status or Hybrid...BUT...if you have Condition Overload on something with High Status and even Slash Procs, the damage multiplier from Condition Overload Also Takes Effect from All Sources....Per Wiki...

Status procs may originate from any source, including primary and secondary weapons, Warframe abilities, companions, other players, or the environment.

So some ask why on earth do you want Magnetic or this or that status? Well, if the Nukor is doing four Status Effects and at or near 100%....then add some Glavine Type Weapon say the Pathocyst which does "Viral Base Damage" which has a high status chance to begin with...30%...add a Frame with status procs and effects, you can easily have 6-8 effects going on. At Level 6 the Damage Multiplier for Condition Overload is 480%...at Level 8 it's 640%

7 hours ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

18p on Warframe.market. IIRC I just sold a couple of galvanized mods and picked it up. I always do that when something isn’t dropping. GL

I got it. Took me around ten tries and it's a quick mission. Now for lethal torrent but that drop table makes no sense. It says nightmare rotation C. So looking at the alerts, i picked SPY and completed all three ABC and at the end got a B rotation mod. 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Looks like I'm going boss hunting LOL. I've defeated it probably 10 times but never got that mod :-(

18p on Warframe.market. IIRC I just sold a couple of galvanized mods and picked it up. I always do that when something isn’t dropping. GL

Others have already mentioned everything really, so this is more of a general add on. 

Kuva Nukor is a beam weapon, the slight delay you might be experiencing, could possibly be because of beam weapons nature in Warframe, where certain weapons will take a moment to ramp up to maximum effectiveness and a few other behaviours like that. Shouldn't worry about that too much, many beam weapons are the best in the game, and very powerful and potent, but it can be a little initially off putting if you are more used to, say powerful hit scan weapons that just delete enemies instantly. Its also less an issue, as you may have already noticed, after the first instance, from reload, when your beam is activated and moving around, hitting other enemies, then those should be being deleted fast. 

Ruinous Extension may not increase linking, but as others have mentioned, it does increase initial beam length. Also, punch through can potentially be great, at getting more links, however... most people don't really Mod for it, as its 1. Usually unnecessary for builds to be good. 2. Aren't really that many good pistol punch through mods, and the ones there are, cost a lot of capacity, there are usually better alternatives as far as mods. That being said, if you ever wanted to do some lower level missions, and go off meta, you might have fun with Nukor and Punch Through mods (or if you land a Riven that has, say Crit Chance, Multishot, Status Chance Punch Through, etc) 

Build recommendations. Even though its Crit Chance stats look low, its Crit Damage stats are worth building around, plus its a beam weapon, not a slow firing weapon, you don't need super high crit chance stats to possibly get effective Crit Damage, Would avoid Creeping Bullseye, since beam weapon and instead use the two Primed Crit Mods you can get. 

If your Kuva Nukor was made to be Magnetic, then build for Corrosive (or Viral) and Heat. Heats really good on beam weapons, that apply a lot of status. What elements happen are all to do with your placing of the mod. Goes from top left to bottom right. So Elec + Toxin = Corrosive.. then Heat after, = Corrosive + Heat. If that order was Toxin and Heat and then Elec, you'd get Gas and Elec. Takes a bit of time, but after a while it becomes intuitive/first nature. 

Good luck! 

1 minute ago, quxier said:

No, it's certain buffs in zariman missions. You click on certain element and eximus appears. You get buffs like unlimited ammo, red crits etc.

If you're referring to the Lohk things that you activate, yes I'm familiar with those but as mentioned they are zariman-specific (and random).

39 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

Next x3, you may wanna obtain and use Cascadia Flare instead of the arcane you are using. You have 120% status and you have Heat from PHC, getting 480% dmg is nearly instant. That's 480 + 600 = 1080% based dmg for you

I believe I have this arcane, and it's maxed. I believe I thought of this but since my heat was zero i didn't employ it.

Thanks everyone for the comments! Will make some changes and test on SP tonight!

3) If you already have 53% as magnetic, you don't need to mod for magnetic anymore. Instead, mod for viral (ideally 1 is 90% mod, 1 is a 60/60 mod) and heat (keep your primed heat charge). That's 3 element mods for you, and you get 120% status.

Next, you may wanna mod for crit chance and crit dmg. For crit chance, take Creeping Bullseye or Primed Pistol Gambit. For crit dmg, take Primed target cracker.

Next x2, you don't need Hornet Strike. Galvanized Shot at max stacks this mod gives you 120% dmg per status on a target, so if you mod like i suggested, you will have 4 elements: heat, radiation, magnetic and viral. Kuva Nukor also has a unique innate Microwave status. So that's 120% dmg x 5 status = 600% based dmg on a target affected by all the 5 status. With 120% status chance, proccing 4 basic status is easy. Get Lethal Torrent and replace Hornet Strike with it.

Next x3, you may wanna obtain and use Cascadia Flare instead of the arcane you are using. You have 120% status and you have Heat from PHC, getting 480% dmg is nearly instant. That's 480 + 600 = 1080% based dmg for you.

P/S: correct me if you guys find me understood mods like Galvanized Shot or Galvanized Aptitude incorrectly.

24 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Q1) when I hit enemies it seems like it takes a second to turn them on "fire" indicating status proccing. Is that normal?

Initial damage starts at a low point and gradually ramps up to 100% of its damage over 0.6 seconds when firing. After the weapon stops firing for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to its initial point over 2 seconds.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Continuous_Weapons

So maybe status works the same.

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Q2) is there a mod that will increase the chaining "range"? Or is there a way to chain to further enemies with any other method (ie Warframe abilities, focus school, etc)

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ruinous_Extension

•  
  •  Nukor ( Kuva)
    • Only affects Kuva Nukor's' initial beam, does not affect beam chains between targets.

Mirage's clones may make you cover more enemies.

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:
32 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Primed Pistol Gambit should probably be added...

I would probably add crit damage instead or both.

Primed target cracker gives 110% crit dmg. So that would be 10.5x multi.

Now if OP is running Harrow or have red crit buffs from Zariman then they just melt everything.

1) I don't really know what you're talking about, are you not hosting and joining others with a high ping on your side?

2) No, you can only increase the range of the initial beam.

3) Why gas and magnetic?

When people are telling you to use a magnetic kuva nukor they mean one that comes from a lich, purely for the extra status proc for co/gal shot, do not mod for it.

Use Viral/Heat instead.

I'd also ditch thhe 90% elements for the 60/60 ones, you can keep PHC though.

I personally also like using the CC and CD mod too.

Archived