Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR5

(XBOX)Seedenator

Question

16 answers to this question

I honestly never tried just spamming the button to do the grineer ones, probably due to similar things in the past penalizing you per click. I really don't have much trouble for the actual hacks, stats say my avg time per hack in game is 6sec. And if it were just getting those 6 done it wouldn't be a problem at all.
It is a combination of:

• waay more complex hacks than I've seen in game so far
  • an annoyingly short over timer. (plus having to run between stations and missing sometimes)

Taking the practice test I always got to the last one with 10-15 sec left on the timer, not enough for a full corpus hack. :(
I did figure out that there was something called a cipher, got the bp and built one. (2 really, just in case)
Used it on the last terminal, no problem.

Thanks for all the replies, even if I don't even know what some of the things people said mean.

On 2022-12-30 at 3:26 PM, (XBOX)Seedenator said:

afaik: as far as I know.
Guess nobody uses that any more.
As someone who had only been playing 5 days, and based on what I'd seen.
AS FAR AS I KNEW that WAS end game console hacking.
I can't really comprehend how anyone can say that test has anything do do with patience, unless they have a different dictionary in warframe.
Patience is about waiting, and if you even wait a second you fail that test.
I already said I passed the test, I guess someone didn't have the patience to actually read the comments.

My point was that the test could serve to discourage new people from even trying to move forward, it's not a matter of opinion, or "patience" or skill.
It's about progression, bad progression kills engagement.
You make things incrementally harder, usually testing things people have been exposed to.
There are entire books devoted to research on this stuff, it's not rocket science.

Maybe I will have problems with the MR26 test, maybe not, but it'll likely be a month or two before I find out, and I will have seen and done a lot more by then.
But the ability to survive that has nothing to do with button mashing a console hack.

And My POINT again, was that if players have no patience, come here and ask for help- then WF is not for THEM. Gawd, you had to be told how to do it; these quitters had the same choices as you. Give up or ask. You took ask, completed it and done. They chose to quit.

It requires patience to learn how to do the test, and try until you pass it.

afaik: as far as I know.
Guess nobody uses that any more.
As someone who had only been playing 5 days, and based on what I'd seen.
AS FAR AS I KNEW that WAS end game console hacking.
I can't really comprehend how anyone can say that test has anything do do with patience, unless they have a different dictionary in warframe.
Patience is about waiting, and if you even wait a second you fail that test.
I already said I passed the test, I guess someone didn't have the patience to actually read the comments.

My point was that the test could serve to discourage new people from even trying to move forward, it's not a matter of opinion, or "patience" or skill.
It's about progression, bad progression kills engagement.
You make things incrementally harder, usually testing things people have been exposed to.
There are entire books devoted to research on this stuff, it's not rocket science.

Maybe I will have problems with the MR26 test, maybe not, but it'll likely be a month or two before I find out, and I will have seen and done a lot more by then.
But the ability to survive that has nothing to do with button mashing a console hack.

22 hours ago, McCIoud said:

This hacking isn't difficult by any means and calling it "end-game" is an insult to end-game content

Agree. I actually like the console hacking as well. Makes one use the mind muscle connection. I wish there was more of this instead of shooting and slice-n-dice.

On 2022-12-28 at 9:19 PM, (XBOX)Seedenator said:

can't get past MR4

The hacking gets more difficult later. The indicator reverses directions and spins faster the more nodes you activate. There's even different hacks which I like the new war panels where it is actually mirrored. Eventually you will adapt and these will seem easy.

22 hours ago, (XBOX)Seedenator said:

What I was saying, is that for beginners it is NOT an easy test, nor is it representative to what they will have likely seen in game to that point. Putting something like that in so early is a good way to discourage people from exploring further. The first four tests were basically more of what you've been doing in the game, but the fifth was end-game console hacking afaik.

I was giving you examples of real harder tests, this one you have is simple- it tests patience which let's face it majority of modern gamers don't have as they want it done yesterday.

You have been given, repeatedly; the method how to do this test even a fast fix called Ciphers that are dirt cheap on mats and can be made in batches of 10 a time possibly 100 that you put in your wheel then in test- press one button and it's done.

If beginners can seriously not figure this out then as I stated before, it clearly is not the game for them as they'll never cope with chasing a moving target you must keep in tight quarters with oh and not die as the enemies are shooting you to pieces as you go which is the MR26 test - try that before you claim MR5 is "endgame" or how about MR28 which sees you needing to group enemies throw a cannister to make them vulnerable then kill 60 of them- with a time limit and each cannister lasts barely 10 seconds before it despawns. You're not even close to that yet

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Seedenator said:

I can possibly see why some people quit this game, you pretty much can't get past MR4 without the reflexes of a 12 year old.
Or is there some secret to the "mental skills" that require twitch nerves of youth to hack these stupid consoles?

The strategy I use on the Grineer, hit the A button twice in fast succession.  If you do this three times  (practice every test in the Simaris room before attempting,) successfully you should have two points left, these may or may not be next to each other.  If you are on a S or X the rotation might be faster and you can just hit each rotation with proper timing, it becomes muscle memory once you get it down.  As everyone said before the Corpus out rim first and they become super easy.  Good luck Tenno.

46 minutes ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

If they quit at MR4 then Warframe is not for them.

[snip]

Basically if they give up now on the easier tests, it's just not the game for them but those who keep going will do well :p

What I was saying, is that for beginners it is NOT an easy test, nor is it representative to what they will have likely seen in game to that point. Putting something like that in so early is a good way to discourage people from exploring further. The first four tests were basically more of what you've been doing in the game, but the fifth was end-game console hacking afaik.

If they quit at MR4 then Warframe is not for them.

MR11 or MR9 is a parkour test that gave me issues back then until I learned of Zephyr and Titania as they make the test a faceroll, every test has some method to do this too; check the Wiki and ask your friends, Clanmates or Region for their advice.

MR24 and 26 iirc see us capturing six objects by standing near them long enough all whilst being shot to death. Multiple suggestions but for me a hyperactive Limbo did the trick

MR28 made me almost quit on doing any Mastery ever as I could not get it even taking advice from these forums. It was my friend and Clanmate who actually figured out a solid method that worked for us as I still had three of the cannisters remaining on completion

MR29 was also harsh, taking a bit to figure out a plausible method for me and my friend then showed me how to do MR30's test with his Mesa loadout.

Basically if they give up now on the easier tests, it's just not the game for them but those who keep going will do well :p

Grineer is easy, you just tap the hack key. If it's a panel that reverses directions on each tap, you should try double-tapping to hit every two bits (aim to hit the second bit so you double-tap the first afterwards, before doing the next two)

Corpus is also easy, just do the outer parts and start with three-pronged bits. Everything else lines up with them. You can left or right click to turn in different directions. Spam the center when you're done the outer parts

And obviously practice the test before doing them for real

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)Seedenator said:

I can possibly see why some people quit this game, you pretty much can't get past MR4 without the reflexes of a 12 year old.
Or is there some secret to the "mental skills" that require twitch nerves of youth to hack these stupid consoles?

I'm in my late 50's and did it ok, though I'm young at heart, but damn not that young. :tongue:

Oh to be 12 again, the future if I knew beforehand to do all over again a lot better.

For the consoles with lines (Corpus), always do the outside first, line them up then spin the middle and they fall into place, especially for the large Consoles.

For the cowbells (Grineer) as I nicknamed them it's just like a tune that you rock and roll each one for when it's rotating forward and back.

Have a look over on the Wiki Hacking it might give you more ideas to think about.

I had a link to a site awhile back where you could practice but cannot find it now. :sad:

Welcome to the game/forums, enjoy your stay and remember to have fun while playing, it's not a rush to the finish line. :wink:

Edit:
Here is another link which is in that Wiki page to look at. 

Edit:
Here is a link to practice Corpus vaults.

Here is a link to practice Grineer vaults.

You can pass the grineer hacks just by spamming the button (as these are the easy ones that don't swap directions)

The corpus ones you setup the outer rings

Make the 3 lined ones point to the adjacent tiles

Make the 1 line connect to any 3 lined tiles

Make the 2 lines connect to the 3 lined tiles

Spin the middle tile.

If this is still too difficult, ciphers aren't disabled in the test.

Best to learn though, as ciphers are disabled in sorties and 1 failed spy vault means a failed mission there.

Archived