Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help me understand why i always fail index?

RitualMurderers

Question

Ive completed a few but only when i have teammates and then only sometimes

9/10 times i fail it and i am tired of losing creds it makes no sensee to me

i know very well how it works bascically, get the points, stack them as high as you can to get more bonus then turn them in every time you turn in it increases the time

bascially right?

cool

so every time i do it even if its the 30k one the enemy NEVER spawns EVER i spend 99% of my time running aorund trying to find them and i maybe end up with 10 kills at the end of a full round

they just dont exist what the #*!% am i supposed to do?

people say oh you just wait at the base where they turn in

tried that doesnt do a damn thing

what do they want me to do?????????

9 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, RitualMurderers said:

Ive completed a few but only when i have teammates and then only sometimes

9/10 times i fail it and i am tired of losing creds it makes no sensee to me

i know very well how it works bascically, get the points, stack them as high as you can to get more bonus then turn them in every time you turn in it increases the time

bascially right?

cool

so every time i do it even if its the 30k one the enemy NEVER spawns EVER i spend 99% of my time running aorund trying to find them and i maybe end up with 10 kills at the end of a full round

they just dont exist what the #*!% am i supposed to do?

people say oh you just wait at the base where they turn in

tried that doesnt do a damn thing

what do they want me to do?????????

The base where you and the enemy cash in, alternates.

Whichever one you use to cash in, the enemy uses the other. 

Go hunting, the enemies favor certain spots.

Keep track of you Ai teammates, if something kills them, kill it and pick up both points.

Learn Spawns, you kill a group on one side? Immediately run to the other side to kill them as soon as they spawn.

17 minutes ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Enemy radar mods are very useful to help track the enemy.

This ^

That's what I use seeing as you have no Sentinel or Companion in there with you, it's awesome to show exactly where the enemies are.

Another tip I do is if your not seeing enemies you might be going with the flow so to speak, turn around and go the other way, you'll be surprised by how that actually works by going against the flow.

Start The Index from your dojo or any relay in order to get into the better map, where it's much easier to kill consistently. Don't forget enemy radar mods on your warframe and keep an eye on the timer. For the highest bonus, bank when you hold 15+8 points, not 20+10 like many say. If you have survivability problems, use vazarin, shield gating, rolling guard and Banshee's Silence. But if the problem is really about enemies' spawns, I'm afraid it could be a buggy consequence of host migration (it happened many times to me, causing mission failure inevitably), so try the index solo. This is my advice at least. 

7 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Enemy radar mods are very useful to help track the enemy.

radar is great and all but they arent there, i am constantly running across the map in a giant loop and maybe once every other loop i find 1-2 enemies sometimes a few more but often i sit at 6-8 stacks of coins for 1-2 minutes and find nothing to kill its not that i cant see them i can see them just fine

On 2023-01-04 at 10:38 AM, RitualMurderers said:

radar is great and all but they arent there, i am constantly running across the map in a giant loop and maybe once every other loop i find 1-2 enemies sometimes a few more but often i sit at 6-8 stacks of coins for 1-2 minutes and find nothing to kill its not that i cant see them i can see them just fine

4 enemies are somewhere. Always.

Try to put radar in both aura and exilus slot. then you see them over half the map.

-c0y

On 2023-01-04 at 1:42 AM, RitualMurderers said:

bascially right?

Basically not. Besided the obvious enemy rader to find enemies there is also strategy involved.

You have to look at timers. You must turn in within the timer or the match ends.

Only quantities of 5 give bonuses - but you also get deebuffs. It is risk vs reward. As you can see below turning in 15 points over and over is way more optimal than "as much as you can". https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Index

Points Held Bonus Total Efficiency
1 +0 1 +0%
4 +0 4 +0%
5 +2 7 +40%
9 +2 11 +22.2222%
10 +4 14 +40%
14 +4 18 +28.5714%
15 +8 23 +53.3333%
19 +8 27 +42.1053%
20 +10 30 +50%
24 +10 34 +41.6667%
25 +10 35 +40%