Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

would a Warframe play well in a random destiny strike?

(XBOX)ONI Prowess

the maneuver room is pretty perfectly sized, most destiny levels actually seem better designed for Warframe parkour precision and speed then Warframes own tilesets barring open world :P

I ask because strikes were like the only thing my friend group and I would play back when we did (they moved away from that content, so we moved away) playing Warframe together we miss the "strike" style of play (nothing Warframe has compares, and even if you think it does MY friends and I do not, and nothing you can say will change that, so dont get hung up on it, not the point.) 

I was recently watching a video on youtube that had strike gameplay in the background (something we (friend group and I) always look back on nostalgically) and as I watched the gameplay I just felt like a Warframe would be so much fun to play in that environment, with our incredibly fast and fluid movement and combat system, especially melee, my friends and I ALWAYS wanted Warframe style melee in destiny back in the day. 

dont be confused, I HATE raids and feel that destiny's execution of that idea destroyed that games potential and don't want anything like that in Warframe before you think this is another "bring back raids" thread. I never did raids in Warframe, this is about strikes.

but could Warframe steal the strike structure? have some prebuilt environment designs, maybe a combination of pre built and scripted environment sections but connected by Warframes random gen system of corridors between?

Anthem for all its faults also had at least one very cool strike/raid thing (funny enough the one they showed off in the beta) where you fight the giant bug queen at the end.

these gameplay scenarios are very fun to play through with a couple friends and once again that exact scenario and gameplay could be EASILY copied and implemented in Warframe with minimal effort as Warframe already has going on a decade (grats!) of assets and resources, as well as similar gameplay and analogs for environments and style, its such an easy steal. 

in fact these ideas leverage Warframes pre existing assets and gameplay better than a drifter roguelike. . .

no offense :P

36 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

You have to remember the big difference between destiny and warframe. Bosses in destiny don't die in 5 minutes. I would love to have some of destiny stuff dump into warframe. Primary some of the bosses to fit in a four player scene.

⬆️This!

In destiny u don't have BROKEN WEAPON'S... Stop comparing.

The strike system in Destiny is basically the final quest run from a previous boss fight type mission.

For this to work in warframe there would need to be an actual boss fight type mission that retains the length and difficulty of a strike without just adding numbers to the enemy levels. 

Unfortunately Destiny's design allows for this experience better as the level design and enemy encounters are more effectively paced.

In Warframe it would basically become what the Archon hunt is now or an Assault with a boss fight at the end. 

By extension though the kahl mission prison break/junk run are basically strikes in execution.  We know how much the playerbase loves those.  

Although if you could run one of those mission in coop with your warframe I suppose that might satisfy some. 

If the real question is 'Could the Strike format work in Warframe' - yes with an asterisk.

As people have pointed out, the main sticking point is Warframe's balance. Or, rather, lack thereof. Sorry for not sugarcoating it 'Balance doesn't matter' folks, but at the moment you can't really. Game design. When players can freeze all enemies and deal twice their healthbar's worth of damage in an aura of deth. But that's not this thread's point.

Beyond that, yeah, I think that the Strike format could work, with some level design alterations. Naturally there would need to be more scale in any jumping puzzles, but you could also go crazier with any jumping/combat hybrid sections due to the higher mobility of Tenno compared to Guardians.

Funny enough, Destiny and Warframe will experience similar problems, and keeping up with both games definitely feels weird.

Strikes recently underwent a difficulty bump because they were too easy, and players with good builds could run through the mission and kill everything as it spawned (sounds familiar). The low tier strikes are still pretty mind numbing, but a combination of player nerfs and mode changes have left strikes feeling harder and more engaging. It makes you think about what Warframe could be if it got regular balance passes.

That's mainly why strikes in Warframe are never going to be challenging like Destiny's higher tier strikes are: Warframe simply isn't balanced enough to provide a challenge for any player with a large arsenal, which is why we keep getting content that doesn't let us have our arsenal.

Archived