Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This gameplay shown by Pablo doesn’t get me excited.

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Uhm?

Looks at Lost Ark, ArchAge, Black Desert, Blade & Soul, Genshin Impact, Phantasy Star.

Wait. 

I don't play those game. I don't know. You do. 

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Glares over at Warframe

Looks at Felsagger and hands him a box of glasses and eye wash.

Pick the box...

Nezha is a Chinese deity in the Chinese culture. 

Sun Wukong is a Chinese important character in the Chinese culture. 

Hmm....Are you sure you are giving me the right glasses and eye wash? 

Boss companies that owns the Canadian developer DE: Leyou and Tencent. 

The Chinese artistic approach of the game is more than evident. 

Chinese 3D artists working in Digital Extremes. 

Sean Zhang - Character Artist - Digital Extremes | LinkedIn

Sean Zhang. 

There are many more Chinese artists working at DE. Shall I continue, Ervin? There are many more Chinese good artists working at the studio in the Digital Extremes building. Do your Research Ervin. Know your favorite developer. 

The western approach to Warfframe is more than WELCOMED. The artistic values should be of course pluricultural. So as I was sayin, a good WESTERN theme like the Wild west is a good addition to the game. 

Thank you. :3

8 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I won't call it a surprise, as they are good things (mostly lol) but seeing Wisp & Baruuk's skin in a single update is kinda nice, although I'm wondering how Wisp Prime will compare to the skin.

Do we know when the next prime is supposed to be out?

Ï'm not so sure if we will see a new prime after Duviri. I think Duviri must show off first and then complement the main event with a prime release. Somehow I think it is that Formic flying thing, Wisp. That insect frame should have a full Formic treatment in the prime apparel like any classical Escaflowne armor. 

On other things the Duviri reveal was quite exciting. That reminded me this BOSS FIGHT. 

The creature you see there at the end is ONE of the bosses you will encounter. :D Reminds me the four legged arachnid we battle in Fortuna. Finally Alloy will get energy based weapons and her mounting goes underwater. 

In Duviri the Warframe ride the horse dragons. I do like the Chinese/ Western look of the Wild west. The approach with Mesa over the horse cuts the cake for me. I can't wait to play these two games. :3. 

Riding a horse fighting that flying dragon while aiming seems right. I hope we get a similar scoop of the action mounting the pterodactyl while bowing those gigantic robot spiders.  

8 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Wait. 

I don't play those game. I don't know. You do. 

Pick the box...

Hmm....Are you sure you are giving me the right glasses and eye wash? 

Boss companies that owns the Canadian developer DE: Leyou and Tencent. 

The Chinese artistic approach of the game is more than evident. 

Chinese 3D artists working in Digital Extremes. 

Sean Zhang - Character Artist - Digital Extremes | LinkedIn

Sean Zhang. 

There are many more Chinese artists working at DE. Shall I continue, Ervin? There are many more Chinese good artists working at the studio in the Digital Extremes building. Do your Research Ervin. Know your favorite developer. 

The western approach to Warfframe is more than WELCOMED. The artistic values should be of course pluricultural. So as I was sayin, a good WESTERN theme like the Wild west is a good addition to the game. 

Thank you. :3

200.gif

What even is this argument.

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

200.gif

What even is this argument.

Because I said: 

"Warframe is entirely ASIATIC in the aesthetics. It needs to get more Western. Red Dead Redemption was a great success. I want that theme in Duviri. Actually that taste is very atmospheric in Duviri. 

Warframe riding the horses was a good hint in the right direction for the new trailer. We can't go wrong if Mesa can use her guns with the horse. Or if the player could go full Horizon Zero/ Ghost of Tsushima riding the horse and using the Daikyu. "

Actually Ervin was trolling with that comment and I felt for it, lol. I did a POSITIVE comment about Warframe and the idea of having a wild west touch to it. 

22 hours ago, Felsagger said:

And we have just as many nods to other cultures. Loki, Gram, Hildryn, Valkyr, Chroma, Ivara, Nikanas all have things that tie to norse/germanic culture. We have Banshee, Excalibur, Titania and Oberon from anglian, Atlas, Nyx and Styanax from greek. Then we have a multitude of frames with unspecified ties to european culture overall.

Then the visual theme of several parts of the game are very gigeresque, with others being simple "realistic" far far into the future sci-fi.

Also, asiatic isnt an actual word, unless applied to different breeds of animals. What you look for is likely asian.

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

What is going on?

Just simply explaining that the aestethics of WF are not asian, and that the asian representation in items isnt overhangingly high as Fels seem to try to imply. He is right though, western as in the horse-riding-gunslighing-six-shooting-high-noon-draw-or-are-ya-yellow-whiskey-drinking-bean-eating kinda way  is under represented in comparison to the rest. Western as in region based cultures is not.

What we really need is some native american representation and some more cowboy themes. Heck, we even have a higher pirate and shakespear representation than cowboys!

This absurdly hyperbolic statement is why Fels had to be corrected: (Bold mine)

On 4/14/2023 at 8:22 AM, Felsagger said:

Warframe is entirely ASIATIC in the aesthetics.

While there are clearly some elements that are heavily influenced by asian designs (the Tenno have a fondness for it in their dojo designs and tenno weaponry)... there are PLENTY of other things in the game that are not asian at all (rightly pointed out by Ervin)

The extreme "need" to add western elements is overstated.

The whole tencent thing came much later in the life of Warframe... the Canadian company has a very world-wide range of influences on the art style.

16 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Because I said: 

"Warframe is entirely ASIATIC in the aesthetics. It needs to get more Western. Red Dead Redemption was a great success. I want that theme in Duviri. Actually that taste is very atmospheric in Duviri. 

Warframe riding the horses was a good hint in the right direction for the new trailer. We can't go wrong if Mesa can use her guns with the horse. Or if the player could go full Horizon Zero/ Ghost of Tsushima riding the horse and using the Daikyu. "

Actually Ervin was trolling with that comment and I felt for it, lol. I did a POSITIVE comment about Warframe and the idea of having a wild west touch to it. 

13 minutes ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

While there are clearly some elements that are heavily influenced by asian designs (the Tenno have a fondness for it in their dojo designs and tenno weaponry)... there are PLENTY of other things in the game that are not asian at all (rightly pointed out by Ervin)

The whole tencent thing came much later in the life of Warframe... the Canadian company has a very world-wide range of influences on the art style.

YsLlzvW.jpg

chinese-dragon-colorful.jpeg

I agree in total. I am not alone in feeling that Chinese artistic culture from this scene.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

And we have just as many nods to other cultures. Loki, Gram, Hildryn, Valkyr, Chroma, Ivara, Nikanas all have things that tie to norse/germanic culture. We have Banshee, Excalibur, Titania and Oberon from anglian, Atlas, Nyx and Styanax from greek. Then we have a multitude of frames with unspecified ties to european culture overall.

Then the visual theme of several parts of the game are very gigeresque, with others being simple "realistic" far far into the future sci-fi.

Also, asiatic isnt an actual word, unless applied to different breeds of animals. What you look for is likely asian.

Somehow THIS Is more Chinese than I expected. 

Many of the themes this game has are CLEAN influence from China. The western worlds, I am part of such US/European country, are fascinated by the Chinese artistry too. The quest Burning Shores is incorporating literally the Asiatic artistry in their designs. It's quite strange that Guerrilla Games goes in this direction while keeping the artistic values clean. The Chinese culture is treated extensively here with care

Yes, Warframe has other topics in the arsenal but I haven't SEEN a western topic being developed entirely in their game. Looks like Duviri will be their first try. 

17 minutes ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

Wait, but Guerrilla Games, a Western Developer are introducing Chinese THEMES entirely to Horizon Zero Burning Shores. A good addition to my favorite franchise. 

Wait I have to be corrected? Hmm

Let me see how this work.... 

Warframe-Duviri-Paradox-1.jpg?x25640

b6da7dea81222b4e1dd0cf3775a8ce51.jpg

I don't know, it's just mere coincidence, right. Do I have to be corrected? By who? 

But Guerrilla games are introducing Chinese Aesthetics in Horizon Zero Burning Shores and Forbidden west. 

So is Guerrilla Games...

3 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Why do people care that it has China stuff in it? I'm sure they are under their control but like...

This is sounded a bit like racism, if I am gonna be honest 

On the contrary, I ask for my games to be multicultural. Forbidden West is getting a Chinese touch to it that comes perfectly to the art style. 

I think it is an exaggeration that these guys have to correct me on things that are OBVIOUS. I do agree on having an asiatic aesthetics. I just want to have western themes in Warframe. Is there anything wrong with that? 

hmm? 

12 minutes ago, Sporthand said:

I agree in total. I am not alone in feeling that Chinese artistic culture from this scene.

OK, but the point is that it's not the only culture that the game draws inspiration from.

3 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Why do people care that it has China stuff in it? I'm sure they are under their control but like...

This is sounded a bit like racism, if I am gonna be honest 

It is not related to racism (White being racist to Chinese)  but also the eastern Asians against the same Asian groups (ex, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese). 
Sometimes, You know Montana bans Tiktok apps today.

The reason for intrusive privacy issues and data manipulation to the app's users.

4 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

On the contrary, I ask for my games to be multicultural. Forbidden West is getting a Chinese touch to it that comes perfectly to the art style. 

I think it is an exaggeration that these guys have to correct me on things that are OBVIOUS. I do agree on having an asiatic aesthetics. I just want to have western themes in Warframe. Is there anything wrong with that? 

hmm? 

1 minute ago, Sporthand said:

It is not related to racism (White being racist to Chinese)  but also the eastern Asians against the same Asian groups (ex, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese). 
Sometimes, You know Montana bans Tiktok apps today.

The reason for intrusive privacy issues and data manipulation to the app's users.

Fair enough

2 minutes ago, Corvid said:

OK, but the point is that it's not the only culture that the game draws inspiration from.

We know. 

But have you seen a Western theme in Warframe in ten years of existence in this game? 

This is the first time I have one theme with Duviri right? 

4 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I agree with some points. On the contrary, there are vast Eastern Asian cultures. You know "Ninja" and "Tenno" are words from the Japanese language.

If they include some Chinese-styled Warframes, they could also have more Japanese-styled artistic designs following this video as Japanese artistic styles.

Besides, some fellow Tennos are concerned if this game is too dominantly leaning toward Chinese art styles.

26 minutes ago, Sporthand said:

YsLlzvW.jpg

chinese-dragon-colorful.jpeg

You realize that giant snakes are by no means unique to the Chinese, right?  Given the distinct lack of (tiny) feet on the Orowyrm, the first inspiration I saw was Jormungandr:

Midgard_Serpent.png

Or maybe even Quetzalcoatl, although Orowyrm lacks the wings that is usually depicted on it:

quetzalcoatl-aztec-god_3-min.jpg

Not saying the Orowyrm could not have been inspired by Chinese dragons, but I just don't see it as the primary inspiration, as Chinese dragons are always depicted with tiny feet/claws.

7 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

You realize that giant snakes are by no means unique to the Chinese, right?  Given the distinct lack of (tiny) feet on the Orowyrm, the first inspiration I saw was Jormungandr:

Midgard_Serpent.png

Or maybe even Quetzalcoatl, although Orowyrm lacks the wings that is usually depicted on it:

quetzalcoatl-aztec-god_3-min.jpg

Not saying the Orowyrm could not have been inspired by Chinese dragons, but I just don't see it as the primary inspiration, as Chinese dragons are always depicted with tiny feet/claws.

I agree with some points, but I also watched a movie from Dragon Wars, a South Korean film. That snake you are depicting resembles Imoogi from Korean Diety before transforming into the dragon's form.

But, looking at the red colors on the ears and tail reminds the chinses tags and decorations in China Town. When I usually see something in China town, this picture reminds me following by this picture:

cny15.jpg

1 minute ago, Sporthand said:

I agree with some points, but I also watched a movie from Dragon Wars, a South Korean film. That snake you are depicting resembles Imoogi from Korean Diety before transforming into the dragon's form.

But, looking at the red colors on the ears and tail reminds the chinses tags and decorations in China Town. When I usually see something in China town, this picture reminds me following by this picture:

cny15.jpg

Okay, fair enough.  We all see different aspects that elicit different memories.  And in this case, I would just give kudos to Warframe's art team for creating something that feels both familiar and alien at the same time.

Archived