Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Interception "Not eligible due to inactivity" [Fix Pending]

Raigingeki

I've been having this bug while farming Xini (have not tried others) thus changing the reward rotation to ABAB... so it seems like a bug in the reward system skipping the second A & C reward pools since the reward is the same for B and C i cant be sure. GL 

All interceptions missions have this same bug, it skips 1 round out of 2, on standard type missions with a pattern that should be AABC therefore ends up in AB and this to infinity without ever obtaining the rewards of rotation C.

and it's the same everywhere:
Steel path
Origin System
Arbitrations
Void fissures ...

I have a feelig it has something to do with playstyle and how much you move. If I play as a frame that cheeses the game to such an extent that I don't really have to run around that much, the game thinks I'm inactive.

Try doing a defence mission with Oberon, Frost, Khora, Revenant, Nyx or Vauban, and you'll see what I mean. Previously that wasn't really an isseue, so something must have changed in the game. I could literally just stand in one spot and repeatedly cast spectrorage and vortex after one another and it would be ok. Nowadays there appears to be a system for detecting this type of "passive" playstyle and punishing for it. Moving around a little bit isn't enough, so apparently the threshold is fairly high. I guess it's time to start doing defence missiosn as melee Chroma or Valkyr again...

This has been reported before.

Just did 4 rounds of Hrydron Arbitration with a squad of three.

I was active throughout the mission. Here are my stats:

JRtndh1.jpg

At the end I got messages in rewards display reading: ""NOT ELIGIBLE DUE TO INACTIVITY."

Clearly this is a false positive.

Here's the issue: this is an interception mission. The object of the mission is to stay in a little circle. I absolutely did make brief excursions, but mostly I stayed in the circle, because that's the mission.

However, I did not literally stand in one spot. I DID make movement inputs including mouse and WASD keys to line up attacks. It appears that the inactivity detection logic looks at not just movement, but something like area covered / time.

I can see how digging into the inactivity detection logic for one variant of one game mode might be a no-go.

But could there be reasonably inexpensive fix?

For instance maybe you could display a message before end of mission (similar to your "LEAVING MISSION AREA" warnings), so the player has a chance to adjust what they're doing.

Or perhaps remove Interception from Arbitrations, or even just Hydron Interception.

• How can this bug be reproduced?
    • On Arbitration Interception mission, playing solo. Regardless of movement or weapon usage.
    • Complete 2 rounds
    • on the second round end screen, the second reward will be blocked with the message "ineligible due to inactivity" and instead the 3rd reward will be granted.
  • What was happening before the issue started?
    • Nothing, this was the first time I've done arbitration interception
  • What kind of squad were you in? Solo, host, client?
    • Solo

20230521232733_1.jpg?raw=1

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kantani2014 said:

From what i understand, the game wants you to move 5 meters every 2 minutes.

That's fine.

Like I said in my post, I don't think it's realistic to ask DE to change that.

But in one specific situation it tends to mis-flag compliant players. Hence, I'm suggesting DE implement some mitigation that isn't crushingly expensive, if one exists. Perhaps an on-screen warning.

On 2023-05-21 at 2:20 PM, FadeToNull said:

Here's the issue: this is an interception mission. The object of the mission is to stay in a little circle.

S#&$, man, I wish other players knew that. Nobody ever picks a point and defends it. 

BTW, what frame were you using? 1% dmg taken and 4% accuracy. Stealth frame?

51 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

S#&$, man, I wish other players knew that. Nobody ever picks a point and defends it. 

BTW, what frame were you using? 1% dmg taken and 4% accuracy. Stealth frame?

I was using Revenant. His Mesmer Skin gives 100% DR (but there's a catch, of course).

And yeah that accuracy. I was using the Atomos, and just holding down fire and waving the beam across the enemies.

I don’t know if this goes for every console, but I’ve noticed that the rewards for completing Interception missions in lobbies both with and without crossplay players end up skipping to the next round. You get the reward for the round it says you started on, then skips to the next round on the reward table and claims you were ineligible for rewards due to inactivity. This makes it impossible to earn the second A rotation and any C rotation rewards.

28 minutes ago, ACatNamedCade said:

ineligible for rewards due to inactivity.

this is an Anti-bot protection measure, separate from the Rotations.

to prevent being marked as Ineligible, you have to physically move your position by at least 10m at least once every 2 minutes.

It is understandable, that when playing Interception a major strategy is to camp your zone and keep Khora's Strangledome or similar ability active to block it.

But this can inadvertently trigger the ineligibility system.

EDIT: Thanks to whoever merged this in, I haven't run interception in forever so I didn't even know it was a bug and being worked on, I thought it was simply the anti-afk system disliking my slowva.

How on earth does this even happen in a solo interception? I had it pop up twice while just doing a solo 4 wave run and I just don't understand how that even happens when it's just me playing the mission and I didn't outright fail the mission.

I was playing as Nova and slowing the whole map, but I wasn't just sitting afk since the enemies kept taking points back, especially eximus units.

Anyone know how to avoid this sort of crap happening? I was really hoping to grind out some Axi H6 relic farming, but losing half my rewards doesn't really appeal to me. Seems like steel path farming for relic packs might just be the better option.

Edited by (PSN)Unlucky1307
Original post was moved
  • Like 1

On 2023-05-29 at 11:57 PM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

this is an Anti-bot protection measure, separate from the Rotations.

It is understandable, that when playing Interception a major strategy is to camp your zone and keep Khora's Strangledome or similar ability active to block it.

I agree, but I only ever ran Gauss or Revenant for interception when I noticed this. I try to play the roaming role for defending zones in a squad. Not to mention what should have been Round 1 would skip ahead to Round 2’s reward pool, and Round 2 would be Round 4’s.

• 4 months later...