Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incarnon melee needs work

(XBOX)KayAitch

Every week so far melee has been a bad choice. They just haven't been impactful upgrades in a meta where builds are either heavy OR combo stacking (but almost never both).

I tried the Skana, and it's easy to build up a 12x combo on one enemy without even killing them, so not a good choice. It's hard to even tell once it's in Incarnon mode, you get an extra attack and that's it.

I'm hearing the same regrets from friends that picked the other melee.

Especially this week with the awesome Strun and Latron modes, folks with the Furax and Bo are rightly quite upset.

Next week nobody is going to pick any of the melee incarnons, they're just not worth the effort.

The problem is that heavy OR combo meta. Incarnon melee needs 6x combo before you can use it, but then adds a heavy that burns up that combo. They all need a hybrid build, but hybrid builds don't really work and you need Naramon or Zenurik to patch them.

Incarnon melee needs to be better.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Pragmatic_2015 said:

Instead of the boost to movement for the Furax, I'd prefer if enemies were grouped together and have an option where the more enemies grouped the better the fire ticks were

That and a lot more follow through to do more damage through groups.

But, you'd still either have a heavy build that's slow to get into Incarnon mode, or a combo build that doesn't take advantage of it.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

But, you'd still either have a heavy build that's slow to get into Incarnon mode, or a combo build that doesn't take advantage of it.

Heavy all the way, it's a universal CC. If you see a Mesa punching ground to make a little bit of space, wave and say G'day.

Low follow through stat is what makes most of the melees-incarnon including-
feeling clunky/meh to play .

Doesn't matter if you have an insane range if it does barely any damage ,
because of the reduction .

Bo is the prime example of that .

9 hours ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

Every week so far melee has been a bad choice.

Yerah, based on the recent incarnon melees, I'm not wasting farming slots on incarnon melees on the following weeks. I went for the Furax instead of the Strun this week and I couldn't feel more regret. Not making the same mistake again unless DE announce some buffs to the incarnon melees.

• 1 month later...
On 2023-05-04 at 9:28 PM, p_silveira said:

I went for the Furax instead of the Strun this week and I couldn't feel more regret. Not making the same mistake again unless DE announce some buffs to the incarnon melees

Wait 'till you see the Incarnon Hate, it's a melee that staggers you:

On 2023-05-04 at 9:00 AM, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

Wouldn't hurt, and could be really interesting with follow through over 1.0.  If that even works--it's not functioning on Nami Solo at all.  But it seems odd for Furax, considering it already has  the best follow through in the game, outside of exalted and Ghoul Saw. 

I am really enjoying Nami Solo, FWIW.  But not because it's awesome in the way the really powerful ranged Incarnons are.  Honestly I didn't expect that much power from the system and am a little turned off by it.

That said, they could have done a better job of making Incarnon Nami interesting.  And if I wasn't already fond of the base version, the Incarnon wouldn't have grabbed me like it did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Honestly I didn't expect that much power from the system and am a little turned off by it.

That is an issue with it... as we get into the first repeat and start rinsing through them more of us can actually compare them. Most bring the weapons up to at least Steel Path viable, but some end up on the next tier we don't even have content for yet... the Latron, Miter and Strun feels like weapons for a new mode where the enemies start at level 350.

But, for melee incarnons in particular...

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

could be really interesting with follow through over 1.0.  If that even works--it's not functioning on Nami Solo at all.  But it seems odd for Furax, considering it already has  the best follow through in the game, outside of exalted and Ghoul Saw

That, plus heavy attack builds making it harder to get into the mode in the first place, plus the sheer number of bugs (special mention to the Hate that staggers the player on melee hit), plus the weak UI...

Incarnon melee needs work.