Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is “Soulsframe?”

FadeToNull

13 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Have you seen the game to declare it a successful hit? 

What is it you think I need to see?

You have been playing it for years, they made a ton of money, how is it not successful?

How is WF not successful?

I hope DE has another hit with their next endeavor, I would love a new world to enjoy. I hope it is at least as successful as WF.

So, you bring up a bunch of other games and developers you like. That's nice, I have a lot of games I like. Water gets things wet.

Do even a minimal amount of research with that self reported big intellect of yours and you will find plenty of info around the outlook there being no new ideas in most things. It's not a personal philosophy. You'll have to do your own research, as you won't believe anything I say unless I have a PhD. 🤣

Enjoy your nit-picking and ranting about how DE does not live up to your expectations, it looks good on you.

Happy Gaming!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Zimzala said:

What is it you think I need to see?

That's up to you. 

I'm glad that you dodged every question I made since you are not capable of writing an answer to any of them. I expected this outcome. I was not disappointed. 

Next.

You have been playing it for years, they made a ton of money, how is it not successful?

So in other words according to this logic then we could ay that Tetris is successful. 

How about chess? Well with your logic it is successful since I've been playing it for more than 25 years. 

DE haven't made a fraction of the money that only one game Horizon Zero Dawn has made. Even the lifetime income of DE is only a mere fraction of the money made.

Guerrilla Games has sold 32.7 millions of units. 

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/05/horizon-forbidden-west-sales-top-8-4-million-units-franchise-sales-top-32-7-million-aloys-adventures-will-continue#:~:text=Horizon Forbidden West has sold,and developer Guerrilla Games announced.

32.7 million * 60 U.S. dollars =
1.96200 billion U.S. dollars

Next. 

How is WF not successful?

Can Warframe reach the popularity that just one game for example Spiderman has? 

No

Can Warframe has the score that Spiderman has?

No. 

Can Warframe total income reach a fraction of what Spiderman sales did, You know, the 33 million of Spiderman copies sold by Insomniac Games?

No. 

Next. 

I hope DE has another hit with their next endeavor, I would love a new world to enjoy. I hope it is at least as successful as WF.

Do you expect it to be as successful like Elden Ring? 

Do you expect it to be as successful like Chrono Odyssey? 

Or even entertaining as these games? 

Well, you can hope for anything.

Next. 

So, you bring up a bunch of other games and developers you like. That's nice, I have a lot of games I like.

I bring quality developers that are consistent, responsible, dedicated and passionate with what they are doing. Those are Insomniac Games, Guerrilla Games, Kojima Production, From Software, Sucker Punch, Santa Monica Studio? 

Can you say the same about your favorite developer? 

Next. 

Water gets things wet.

No. Water adds hydrogen and oxygen to the things it touches 

Textile waterproofing - OrganoClick

BUT not everything GETS wet, sir. 

Next. 

Do even a minimal amount of research with that self reported big intellect of yours and you will find plenty of info around the outlook there being no new ideas in most things. It's not a personal philosophy. You'll have to do your own research, as you won't believe anything I say unless I have a PhD. 

You do not need a Ph D for common sense. 

New ideas emerge from the combination and permutations of old ideas. Buildings are designed with presidents in mind. There is even repetition of concepts but not conditions. You can't recreate the conditions twice. These are things that are based on common sense. 

The question here is, do you have just one milligram of common sense? 

Next. 

Enjoy your nit-picking and ranting about how DE does not live up to your expectations, it looks good on you.

I enjoy good games. Do you know what good games are? Do you have any idea which ones? 

Critique is not enjoyment. There is a difference between entertainment and THINKING. 

Next. 

Happy Gaming!

Happy gardening. 

Done. 

Edit: Soulframe is Warframe lite. 

Edited by Felsagger

11 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Can Warframe reach the popularity that just one game for example Spiderman has? 

No

Can Warframe has the score that Spiderman has?

No. 

Can Warframe total income reach a fraction of what Spiderman sales did, You know, the 33 million of Spiderman copies sold by Insomniac Games?

No. 

It uhm already reached that popularity a couple of years ago, and has surpassed it. 

Same score? No but is that somehow needed in order to be good?

As to "fraction of income". Well considering that WF is free it would be kinda impossible to make earnings on sales of the game compared to a full priced console game, games that have been horribly overpirced for years. So we can look at revenue instead for the company. DE has an avarage revenue of 100 million per year while Insomniac peaked at 17.5 million revenue in 2022.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Felsagger said:

I enjoy good games. Do you know what good games are? Do you have any idea which ones? 

Edit: Soulframe is Warframe lite. 

If you think that DE is not successful with WF just because other games make more money, or that Soulframe will not be successful if it does not have the market penetration of games based around comic icons, then you simply have a skewed opinion as to what success really is. Success does not have to mean #1 or even top 10.

I enjoy games the masses claim are 'good' and I enjoy claims the masses claim are 'bad'. Your attempt to gaslight me into thinking I don't know good from bad is silly.

If Soulframe ends up as Warframe Lite, I think a lot of people might like that game, could be quite successful, time will tell.

Lastly, if critique is s not enjoyment, then why are you spending so much time on something you do not enjoy? Seems silly.

Happy Gaming!

Edited by Zimzala
words are hard
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Zimzala said:

If you think that DE is not successful with WF just because other games make more money

THERE IS NO OTHER RUBRIC TO MEASURE SUCCESS in the gaming industry. 

or that Soulframe will not be successful if it does not have the market penetration of games based around comic icons

Insertion of a game happens when a company HAS PROVEN REPUTATION. 

Example: Insomniac Games Spiderman 2. 

then you simply have a skewed opinion as to what success really is. Success does not have to mean #1 or even top 10.

According to your logic then Elden Ring IS NOT successful because is top ranked and made a lot of money. 

Your theory doesn't holds any ground with reality. 

I enjoy games the masses claim are 'good' and I enjoy claims the masses claim are 'bad'. Your attempt to gaslight me into thinking I don't know good from bad is silly.

That's actually what is happening. YOU DO NOT know quality and can't distinguish it because your criteria is fundamentally equivocated. 

If Soulframe ends up as Warframe Lite, I think a lot of people might like that game, could be quite successful, time will tell.

Predictions requires a PALANTIR ORB. 

Saruman here is yours. 

170px-Saruman_uses_the_Palantir.jpg

Make a good use of it when you want to predict the future.  

We can't do much with expectations. Sorry. 

Lastly, if critique is s not enjoyment, then why are you spending so much time on something you do not enjoy?

YOU are doing exactly that. 

Contradiction. 

Seems silly.

You perfectly described your logic. 

Good. I agree with this. 

Happy Gaming!

Happy, gardening. 

13 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It uhm already reached that popularity a couple of years ago, and has surpassed it. 

Four days ago SPIDER MAN 2 video has 7.7 MILLIONS OF VIEWS. 

Game over. 

Same score? No but is that somehow needed in order to be good?

So we throw away general agreement now? Shall we throw away rewards too while we are at it?

Ervin your logic makes ZERO SENSE. 

Next. 

As to "fraction of income". Well considering that WF is free it would be kinda impossible to make earnings on sales of the game compared to a full priced console game, games that have been horribly overpirced for years. So we can look at revenue instead for the company. DE has an avarage revenue of 100 million per year while Insomniac peaked at 17.5 million revenue in 2022.

Information that comes out of your butt WITHOUT PROOF IS NOT valid. 

Next. 

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

According to your logic then Elden Ring IS NOT successful because is top ranked and made a lot of money. 

Your theory doesn't holds any ground with reality. 

Predictions requires a PALANTIR ORB. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

You are really trying to build a person of straw now, just to be argumentative, so transparent.

Nowhere did I even imply anything of the sort - of course a money making number one hit is successful, duh?

Where do you get this stuff?

I have predicted nothing other than that the passing of time will reveal success or failure. Again, you try to make people of straw.

Do you buy and sell straw futures? 🤣

You want so much to make me the bad guy, you make stuff up out of thin air. Hilarious.

And kind of sad, really, but still entertaining.

Happy Gaming!

Edited by Zimzala
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Very informative. 

You are really trying to build a person of straw now, just to be argumentative, so transparent.

You don't have a solid argument to begin with. What is there to be discussed if your data makes no sense? 

Nowhere did I even imply anything of the sort - of course a money making number one hit is successful, duh?

Fine, you don't know. 

Let me help you. 

Success is measured by the following standards. 

1. Awards wins by the game. 

2. Sales numbers. 

3. Review by users. 

4. Review by known gaming sources. 

5. Robustness of the code, replay value, performance, consistency. 

6. Post launch developer support. 

Where do you get this stuff?

Let me teach you how to post. You obviously don't know. 

When you search for data and evidence you have the internet browser google. 

When you construct an argument, you use your brain.  

Presentation and value of content depends on background education. 

Construction of any argument depends on style, verification of data and organization of your argument. 

I have predicted nothing other than that the passing of time will reveal success or failure. Again, you try to make people of straw.

The satire of the palantir shows that NO ONE CAN PREDICT the future. 

Do you buy and sell straw futures? 🤣

Your level of maturity. 

Expected. 

You want so much to make me the bad guy, you make stuff up out of thin air. Hilarious.

You do not post content that has validity, veritation or logic. If you do not add or discuss the subject then you are simply posting hot air. I can't discuss the subject if you do not add anything of value to the conversation. 

And kind of sad, really, but still entertaining.

Your posts provides me endless fun. 

Please continue. 

Happy Gaming!

Happy gardening. 

8 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

May guess based on Duviri is its going to be a Recees peanut butter cup of Dark Souls and Warframe. 

Probably. 

But let me show you what DE IS UP AGAINST. 

This is what DE is up against if they ENTER the stage in the Soulsborne genre. 

Good luck DE and good night. 

Just now, Felsagger said:

Probably. 

But let me show you what DE IS UP AGAINST. 

This is what DE is up against if they ENTER the stage in the Soulsborne genre. 

Good luck DE and good night. 

I generally DO NOT like souls games, its the hotness but its a very saturated market, and I dont have the reflexes to do ultra hard games anymore. Though I did quite like SteelRising and Stranger of Paradise. 

20 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

I generally DO NOT like souls games, its the hotness but its a very saturated market

DE chose a harsh market to compete. 

Not a smart move. 

, and I dont have the reflexes to do ultra hard games anymore.

Some of these games, must have adjusted difficulties and parametric settings for a greater number of players. This is a particular subject of developer's game design. 

I always enjoyed the game of skill, enemies having the ability to one shot the player and attacks that are unstoppable. Not everybody likes it. Not everybody is in the mood for challenges. Well, there are games for everyone. 

Perfectly understandable. 

Though I did quite like Steel Rising and Stranger of Paradise. 

Never heard of those. I stick to the best titles on these genres. From Software has the leading voice but they are not the only one to put up good work out there. 

Edited by Felsagger

9 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Four days ago SPIDER MAN 2 video has 7.7 MILLIONS OF VIEWS. 

Game over. 

So we throw away general agreement now? Shall we throw away rewards too while we are at it?

Ervin your logic makes ZERO SENSE. 

Next. 

Information that comes out of your butt WITHOUT PROOF IS NOT valid. 

Next. 

And? You are comparing the poster child of an extremely hyped franchise vs a 1-off IP like WF. Not only that, it is also a game backed by Sony to publish and hype it. Just the Duviri trailer had 4.2 million views in comparison.

Throw away what rewards? You're aware WF have won plenty and been the steam top seller among free to play games several years, including during their worst year which was 2019. Not to mention that "blockbuster" AAA games and F2P games are rarely eligible for the same rewards.

We've already been over the numbers in another thread where you got proven wrong regarding another company (From Software). Where you ignored the WF info provided on the site you linked while using the same site for the other game since it was in favor of your agenda. While also linking an outdated site for WF to further advance your agenda. A thread where you also admited that you could have looked a bit more in the end. And to get Insomniac revenue stats all it takes is a google search and it should be the top few results really. And since we are now in 2023, the 2022 revenue stats are the most current.

https://www.zippia.com/insomniac-games-careers-214417/revenue/

Insomniac Games peak revenue was $17.5M in 2022.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

And? You are comparing the poster child of an extremely hyped franchise vs a 1-off IP like WF.

You have rarely played great games. You don't even know what they are or how they behave. 

It's perfectly understandable because you inscribed yourself to very few. The importance of trying more hobbies other than video games is important too. Diverse activities helps the person develop a mind greater than the classical one hobby practitioner. 

The philosophy of Sony is way superior than the philosophy of Tencent. Sony is an entertainment dedicated enterprise for video game design. They own in house developers, makes associations and work with contractors too. Their curriculum vitae is far superior in different areas because Sony diversify. Can you see this philosophy elsewhere? An example is From Software. They have the Soulsborne franchise and Armored Core franchise. They work on two frequencies. 

Other developers like Kojima Studio, Kojima himself developed Metal Gear or the tactical espionage genre but he tried other mechanics such as the pluriverse such as Death Stranding. Guerrilla tried the FPS where they are good and the action adventure survival hunting game. Both the are good but Guerrilla Games excelled because they dominate more than one technique. 

Sony provides the environment of working in association with other developers. These developers share tools, strategies, code, expertise and healthy competition. Every new game that Sony produces sums up the experience of multiple developers. This is how Hello Games pulled a U turn for the better. This is why No Man Sky is a different experience giving lots of fun, replay value and memorable moments. They went from zero to hero because SONY invested in them. Sony believed in their vision and now they have an ever growing game that uses VR2 and continues expanding almost endlessly. 

This is how SONY addresses the gaming industry. They are looking at the PC market too as one of their strategies with timed exclusives. 

You have top quality products on different genres, there are great indie games, the classical AAA games and the experimental games. 

DE missed that chance. I am deeply sorry for it. They had no choice other than to accept the fate of NOT being owned by SONY. 

Not only that, it is also a game backed by Sony to publish and hype it. Just the Duviri trailer had 4.2 million views in comparison.

False. 

You are obviously writing a clean lie. 

Proof: 

125,000 views in the play station channel. 

and 18,000 views on official gameplay trailer. 

Versus

7,900,000 views in FOUR DAYS. 

Game over. 

Throw away what rewards? You're aware WF have won plenty and been the steam top seller among free to play games several years, including during their worst year which was 2019. Not to mention that "blockbuster" AAA games and F2P games are rarely eligible for the same rewards.

Wait, are YOU serious? 

Since when Warframe could be in ANY sale list if the game is free to play? 

Ervin, you are a great Swedish comedian. I have to recognize that. You came up with top quality comedy. I can't even consider it trolling. It's GOOD comedy. I'm not sarcastic. 

Kudos. 

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It's truly a skill. 

Even I agree with this dude over here. 

Ervin is a comedian. 

2 hours ago, Felsagger said:

The philosophy of Sony is way superior than the philosophy of Tencent.

DE missed that chance. I am deeply sorry for it. They had no choice other than to accept the fate of NOT being owned by SONY. 

False. 

You are obviously writing a clean lie. 

Proof: 

125,000 views in the play station channel. 

and 18,000 views on official gameplay trailer. 

Versus

7,900,000 views in FOUR DAYS. 

Game over. 

Wait, are YOU serious? 

Since when Warframe could be in ANY sale list if the game is free to play? 

Ervin, you are a great Swedish comedian. I have to recognize that. You came up with top quality comedy. I can't even consider it trolling. It's GOOD comedy. I'm not sarcastic. 

Kudos. 

Even I agree with this dude over here. 

Ervin is a comedian. 

Tencent have been involved for about a year.

Not false since ta-da!

Official channel 4.2 million views. And that is just an "expansion" for a 10 year old game.

Again Fel, if you are gonna throw numbers around, look in more than one place if though you seem to be a very simple/narrow -minded person. Just as with the revenue numbers in that other thread, you again repeat your exact behavior. I mean, how hard is it to do a "warframe trailer" search on YouTube mate? Seriously, how hard is it?

Tencent have been involved for about a year.

Not false since ta-da!

Official channel 4.2 million views. And that is just an "expansion" for a 10 year old game.

Pay attention to the discussion. 

SAMPLE SPACE: PS4 and PS5 community ONLY. 

Again Fel, if you are gonna throw numbers around, look in more than one place if though you seem to be a very simple/narrow -minded person. Just as with the revenue numbers in that other thread, you again repeat your exact behavior. I mean, how hard is it to do a "warframe trailer" search on YouTube mate? Seriously, how hard is it?

The swedish goalie who moves the goalposts in a soccer cup is YOU. 

If we do global numbers comparisons. The warframe community IS a minority. 

34 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

SAMPLE SPACE: PS4 and PS5 community ONLY. 

If we do global numbers comparisons. The warframe community IS a minority. 

Nope. I've watched the SM trailer, I dont use PS. So your claim is as false as it can get.

No really it isnt. There are several millions of active players playing WF on a daily basis throughout the platforms. On steam alone it is in the top 20, right now #13, out of thousands upon thousands of games. And most competition on Steam comes from PvP games. 

13 hours ago, Kconvey said:

May guess based on Duviri is its going to be a Recees peanut butter cup of Dark Souls and Warframe. 

I don't think it'll resemble anything related to souls games, don't think they said it'll resemble it either anywhere

from what I've seen so far it'll probably be a hack and slash like warframe but toned down a bit. No hordes or at least less dense hordes and more melee focused

as for how successful warframe is...

the game has been alive for more than 10 years now. plenty of ups and downs yet still alive, still keeping the lights in DE's office on, still has a very large and active community and still top 20 (top 10 when major update drops) most played on steam. I'd say that's pretty successful for a live service game, or for a video game in general.

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Nope. I've watched the SM trailer, I dont use PS. So your claim is as false as it can get.

No really it isnt. There are several millions of active players playing WF on a daily basis throughout the platforms. On steam alone it is in the top 20, right now #13, out of thousands upon thousands of games. And most competition on Steam comes from PvP games. 

It's so silly to argue Warframe success with some of its supposed fans. It's like they would feel vindicated if it truly was failing. 

I remember when people with 1000s of hours seem to gleefully report when WF dropped out of the the top 10. Like why? Do they think the devs will scramble to implement their suggestions or something to save a "failing" game?

• Like 2

Nope.

Don't try to be stubborn. You are not the first or the last who invented this internet style of acting. However your comedy is excellent. 

I've watched the SM trailer, I dont use PS. So your claim is as false as it can get.

If you were the Swedish goalie of your team your country would have lots of World Championship cups. 

You move goalies even when you sleep. 

No really it isnt.

Prove otherwise with evidence. 

There are several millions of active players playing WF on a daily basis throughout the platforms. On steam alone it is in the top 20, right now #13, out of thousands upon thousands of games. And most competition on Steam comes from PvP games. 

Number of PS5 sales already is reaching this number. 

57 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It's so silly to argue Warframe success with some of its supposed fans. It's like they would feel vindicated if it truly was failing. 

I remember when people with 1000s of hours seem to gleefully report when WF dropped out of the the top 10. Like why? Do they think the devs will scramble to implement their suggestions or something to save a "failing" game?

Warframe never WAS and NEVER will be a bad game. 

Warframe is a regular AVERAGE game. 

Spiderman is one of the biggest, most valuable IPs of 20th and 21st centuries. That someone genuinely thinks a Sony-backed AAA Spiderman game's Youtube views of all things is some kind of huge testament against an average F2P TPS is so mind boggling to me.

You're really not making the point you think you're making, all you're doing is demonstrating how completely out of touch with reality you are- either you're delusionally overestimating what Warframe's overall standing in the market should look like, or you're despairingly and contemptuously undervaluing freaking Spiderman. Whatever Insomniac did I'm very certain they don't deserve this level of scorn and condescension. 

15 hours ago, Felsagger said:

DE chose a harsh market to compete. 

Not a smart move. 

Some of these games, must have adjusted difficulties and parametric settings for a greater number of players. This is a particular subject of developer's game design. 

I always enjoyed the game of skill, enemies having the ability to one shot the player and attacks that are unstoppable. Not everybody likes it. Not everybody is in the mood for challenges. Well, there are games for everyone. 

Perfectly understandable. 

Never heard of those. I stick to the best titles on these genres. From Software has the leading voice but they are not the only one to put up good work out there. 

Steelrising is a Bloodborne knockoff by the developer of Greedfall, its very worth your time if you like Bloodborne or Greedfall. Stranger of Paradise is a semi soulslike by team ninja, based on Final Fantasy 1. 

The problem is if DE goes soulslike as a F2P, and if they link it somehow with warframe, they are going to need major major adjustments for low skilled players. Which is something they have been loathe to do, see the mass of players that got stuck in The New War and had to quit or get someone to do it for them. 

Since this has derailed into "Sony talk" I just have to say it:

Returnal > Horizon

(Not that Horizon is terrible)

Fite me!!

So like.. Are we getting more Soulframe previews at Tennocon? I want to know if it's melee and ranged or just melee..

Edited by cute_moth.npc

39 minutes ago, cute_moth.npc said:

Since this has derailed into "Sony talk" I just have to say it:

Returnal > Horizon

(Not that Horizon is terrible)

Fite me!!

lmao. 

Those are two different titles entirely. :p

39 minutes ago, cute_moth.npc said:

So like.. Are we getting more Soulframe previews at Tennocon? I want to know if it's melee and ranged or just melee..

I need to know what is going to happen with the future of warframe. I don't care at all for Soulframe. The market has lots of those and there are actually good ones and good ones to come.