Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is “Soulsframe?”

FadeToNull

38 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

lmao. 

Those are two different titles entirely. :p

I need to know what is going to happen with the future of warframe. I don't care at all for Soulframe. The market has lots of those and there are actually good ones and good ones to come. 

Mm..

I mean, based upon the gameplay preview we got, yes it looks like that and I kind of agree? It's a super saturated market with tons of killer competition where even just being good means you might as well be nothing (that's the problem they had with The Amazing Eternals ~ too much competition for hero shooters, and even the good competition basically got eaten alive by Overwatch)

If you aren't into it, that is perfectly okay to be. Personally I'm skeptical, but at the same time it was an early alpha gameplay preview (too soon, honestly?) ~ I want to see if they are doing anything else with it before I give up on it. Specifically, magic, ranged play, and the biggest thing I want to see is a boss that doesn't suck?

If there's none of that, it won't interest me either but I'm going to wait for more info.

Honestly though, the game they are publishing but not developing (Wayfinder) looks really neat.

4 hours ago, cute_moth.npc said:

Since this has derailed into "Sony talk" I just have to say it:

Returnal > Horizon

(Not that Horizon is terrible)

Fite me!!

So like.. Are we getting more Soulframe previews at Tennocon? I want to know if it's melee and ranged or just melee..

speaking of PS games...

now that they're porting them to PC, WHERE IS KILLZONE???? 

I'm glad guerilla games has found massive success with HZD but... as a killzone fan, seeing the series collect dust is just depressing... 😔

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Don't try to be stubborn.

Prove otherwise with evidence. 

Number of PS5 sales already is reaching this number. 

You are aware that what you say doesnt make sense since any video posted on YouTube is worldwide and not limited to platform restrictions right?

Steam is available for everyone to check.

Sales =/= active players. WF has 60 million+ installs, and that was years ago. Not to mention that for a game like SM, you can only profit on it once per player, while with a live service game like WF each player can spend on it multiple times. And since the free approach attracts more players, each player needs to spend less in order for the company to make a healthy return. You also need to consider the ridiculous differences in development money that has gone into the games in question.

16 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It's so silly to argue Warframe success with some of its supposed fans. It's like they would feel vindicated if it truly was failing. 

I remember when people with 1000s of hours seem to gleefully report when WF dropped out of the the top 10. Like why? Do they think the devs will scramble to implement their suggestions or something to save a "failing" game?

I dont get the obsession people have with top 10 either, especially not in between releases. It's as if they dont understand how this type of game works. Wonder if they treat single player games the same, when they go from something like top 20 on release to spot 500 a few weeks later because people are simply finished with them. In their minds does the game go from good to bad at that point?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Sales =/= active players. WF has 60 million+ installs, and that was years ago. Not to mention that for a game like SM, you can only profit on it once per player, while with a live service game like WF each player can spend on it multiple times. And since the free approach attracts more players, each player needs to spend less in order for the company to make a healthy return. You also need to consider the ridiculous differences in development money that has gone into the games in question.

Just do a Diablo 4 and introduce inherent pay more money = winning more, from early access to the free, premium and premium premium battle passes it's looking pretty scummy.

3 minutes ago, L3512 said:

Just do a Diablo 4 and introduce inherent pay more money = winning more, from early access to the free, premium and premium premium battle passes it's looking pretty scummy.

There is no winning in D4 though. Nothing you can pay for will improve speed of progress. And since it is season based and the first season not starting until after release, the early access benefit will not matter a bit, since none of that progress transfers over to seasons, which is where all the leaderboards and so on are located.

edit: In all honesty, anyone that pre-orders for the early access to get ahead is a #*!%ing idiot to put it kindly.

Edited by SneakyErvin

5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

There is no winning in D4 though. Nothing you can pay for will improve speed of progress. And since it is season based and the first season not starting until after release, the early access benefit will not matter a bit, since none of that progress transfers over to seasons, which is where all the leaderboards and so on are located.

edit: In all honesty, anyone that pre-orders for the early access to get ahead is a #*!%ing idiot to put it kindly.

I'm certainly not banking on Blizzard not screwing folk over for cash as it's worked so well for them in the past.

11 minutes ago, L3512 said:

I'm certainly not banking on Blizzard not screwing folk over for cash as it's worked so well for them in the past.

They've already covered what the different passes will include. And all parts that have anything to do with progress need to be ground out, shortcuts for unlocks only apply to the cosmetic tiers. They made it clear that they went into detail regarding the BP setup so no misconceptions could be made between players and devs, unlike how Wyatt treated "cant buy items" in Immortal. It was practically a straight answer to player concerns rooted in the Immortal Wyatt fiasco.

10 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

They've already covered what the different passes will include. And all parts that have anything to do with progress need to be ground out, shortcuts for unlocks only apply to the cosmetic tiers. They made it clear that they went into detail regarding the BP setup so no misconceptions could be made between players and devs, unlike how Wyatt treated "cant buy items" in Immortal. It was practically a straight answer to player concerns rooted in the Immortal Wyatt fiasco.

IDK mate, they are dealing with now with a new Overwatch fiasco and they just don't care.

13 hours ago, cute_moth.npc said:

Mm..

I mean, based upon the gameplay preview we got, yes it looks like that and I kind of agree? It's a super saturated market with tons of killer competition where even just being good means you might as well be nothing (that's the problem they had with The Amazing Eternals ~ too much competition for hero shooters, and even the good competition basically got eaten alive by Overwatch)

DE should stick to Warframe and make it better. No other product is ike it. DE scored a good revenue with this title. DE is not smart getting an adventure into the soulsborne genre. It's like if DE wanted to get into the FPS genre all over again. Those are bad ideas. 

DE knows their market with Warframe. Right now Destiny 2 is concluding. The Witness story was leaked and it is rumored that Destiny to is concluding with the return of Cyde. I don't follow this game but looks D2 is coming to a conclusion. Bungie is moving on. 

DE should stick with the boat they know. If they want to try Elden Ring lite, fine. They may plug every trend they see fit for their own private Zoo called Warframe. That canvas can hold anything. At least some delivery of quality in QoL aspects of the game won't hurt DE. On the contrary, they need that. 

If you aren't into it, that is perfectly okay to be. Personally I'm skeptical, but at the same time it was an early alpha gameplay preview (too soon, honestly?) ~ I want to see if they are doing anything else with it before I give up on it. Specifically, magic, ranged play, and the biggest thing I want to see is a boss that doesn't suck?

DE has two problems. 

1. DE shows EARLY game footage that LOOKS awful when the game actually be good with proper fair footage. 

2. DE shows footage that WILL NEVER HAPPEN in the game. An example was Railjack. 

Sorry DE but those are not smart moves on the chess board.

Warframe RJ is not bad, I would say that is right now is satisfactory. I'm fine with it. The same with Duviri but DE must get rid of that Randomizer. That sucks ass. At least do something that makes people complain less. Duviri needs more depth too and enemies. 

If there's none of that, it won't interest me either but I'm going to wait for more info.

We need more DATA. 

Honestly though, the game they are publishing but not developing (Wayfinder) looks really neat.

I agree on that.

DE should stay out of the Soulsborne genre. 

Period. 

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

IDK mate, they are dealing with now with a new Overwatch fiasco and they just don't care.

Agreed. That's a big FIASCO. Overwatch 2 is a MESS of biblical proportions. 

9 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

speaking of PS games...

now that they're porting them to PC, WHERE IS KILLZONE???? 

I'm glad guerilla games has found massive success with HZD but... as a killzone fan, seeing the series collect dust is just depressing... 😔

Calm down. 

Guerrilla is returning with Shadow fall 2. 

2 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Yeah true, but I cant recall they ever went out and specifically said it wouldnt have any power purchases. All of OW2 seems like a mess, from instantly accessible heroes to a very greedy cosmetic system. Atleast D4 will have good looking cosmetics in the game for free, with purchasable fancy ones from BPs and the store, with earnable currency. Not that I'm gonna pick it up on release since I dont really want to support blizzard anymore, same reason I havent picked up any new EA titles since Battlefront "1". They dont deserve money.

14 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

You are aware that what you say doesnt make sense since any video posted on YouTube is worldwide and not limited to platform restrictions right?

Steam is available for everyone to check.

Keep inventing stuff up. 

. You are a comedian and this is your comedy. A good one tho. 

Sales =/= active players.

That's a good joke. 

People buy games to play them.  

WF has 60 million+ installs, and that was years ago. Not to mention that for a game like SM, you can only profit on it once per player, while with a live service game like WF each player can spend on it multiple times. And since the free approach attracts more players, each player needs to spend less in order for the company to make a healthy return. You also need to consider the ridiculous differences in development money that has gone into the games in question.

I dont get the obsession people have with top 10 either, especially not in between releases. It's as if they dont understand how this type of game works. Wonder if they treat single player games the same, when they go from something like top 20 on release to spot 500 a few weeks later because people are simply finished with them. In their minds does the game go from good to bad at that point?

That's not correct. 

33,236,462 Total number of players. 

https://mmo-population.com/r/warframe

Total Number of PS5 sold

38,000,000 Total Number of PS5 sold. 

https://latam.ign.com/playstation-5-1/93869/news/playstation-5-esta-teniendo-su-mejor-ano-desde-que-salio-al-mercado

Game over. 

This is an example of how a developer really update their game. 

And. 

This is how TECHNOLOGY progresses. 

Can Soulframe progresses from other titles such as Chrono Odyssey and Elden Ring? Can this game makes leaps like Guerrilla Games is doing? Have we seen leaps like these in warframe such as reaching more places than before if we compare HFB and HBS? 

See? 

8 hours ago, Felsagger said:

33,236,462 Total number of players. 

https://mmo-population.com/r/warframe

Total Number of PS5 sold

38,000,000 Total Number of PS5 sold. 

https://latam.ign.com/playstation-5-1/93869/news/playstation-5-esta-teniendo-su-mejor-ano-desde-que-salio-al-mercado

Game over. 

If you had looked 3 whole links down you'd see that the total number of players is 60m+ as of atleast March last year.

The link you provided is either outdated, refers to total number of unique active users (which would be silly high so likely extremely improbable) or it only looks at steam numbers, which seems to be the most likely, since in 2018 Steam had near 19 million "registered" Warframe players, which is 4-5 years ago. So 33 million now wouldnt be odd. Considering the site also mentions 1.26 million players daily, plus Steam is the only place we can see actual player numbers for WF, all other places are hidden.

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

If you had looked 3 whole links down you'd see that the total number of players is 60m+ as of atleast March last year.

For PS5 users? No.

I made the statement with data that is known not with guessed estimates. 

Reported numbers are always history not the ACTUAL information. 

This should be known by you already. 

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

The link you provided is either outdated, refers to total number of unique active users (which would be silly high so likely extremely improbable) or it only looks at steam numbers, which seems to be the most likely, since in 2018 Steam had near 19 million "registered" Warframe players, which is 4-5 years ago. So 33 million now wouldnt be odd. Considering the site also mentions 1.26 million players daily, plus Steam is the only place we can see actual player numbers for WF, all other places are hidden.

I stated a premise with the data. 

Data analysis and construction of statistics is a different topic we can't address here because those are circumscribed with suppositions like the ones you are making here now. 

The sample space is limited to ONLY PS4/PS5 users. Broader samples spaces gives a similar tendency on such distributions of total users and the like. 

Speaking out of your duodenum is a well known common practice in your posting habits. If you have fun doing it while you post please continue. No one stops you. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Felsagger said:

For PS5 users? No.

I made the statement with data that is known not with guessed estimates. 

Reported numbers are always history not the ACTUAL information. 

This should be known by you already. 

I stated a premise with the data. 

Data analysis and construction of statistics is a different topic we can't address here because those are circumscribed with suppositions like the ones you are making here now. 

The sample space is limited to ONLY PS4/PS5 users. Broader samples spaces gives a similar tendency on such distributions of total users and the like. 

Speaking out of your duodenum is a well known common practice in your posting habits. If you have fun doing it while you post please continue. No one stops you. 

But those arent even PS5 users for WF that you speak of, nor do you know what the number actually refers to. We know 60m+ have played WF as of 2022.

No it is not. Where do you even get that idea from. The only thing you have concrete numbers for are sold PS5 units.

edit: And if you claim the 33m for WF are PS exclusive, then that is massive and you shot your own foot trying to disprove the popularity of a game. But those are not the numbers shown, we dont even know what they intend to show.

Edited by SneakyErvin

Ervin, you ran out of arguments. You moved again the goalposts as usual.  Right now you are spamming the board with suppositions you invented. You are free to be a comedian or simply a fictional writer. You are posting for the sake of being an antagonist. 

Your game is not great. It's average and you hate the fact that someone puts you in your place in touch with reality. It's tough when someone tells you how much your game suck but that's how reality is. For a moment games are a novelty when they are now. Now this GAAS F2P game is average. It has average graphics and average fun factor. It's not bad but not great. 

This must be a tough reality for you. Remember being stubborn and an antagonist is not new in the internet. You are not the first or the last. 

48 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Ervin, you ran out of arguments. You moved again the goalposts as usual.  Right now you are spamming the board with suppositions you invented. You are free to be a comedian or simply a fictional writer. You are posting for the sake of being an antagonist. 

Your game is not great. It's average and you hate the fact that someone puts you in your place in touch with reality. It's tough when someone tells you how much your game suck but that's how reality is. For a moment games are a novelty when they are now. Now this GAAS F2P game is average. It has average graphics and average fun factor. It's not bad but not great. 

This must be a tough reality for you. Remember being stubborn and an antagonist is not new in the internet. You are not the first or the last. 

I'm not the one throwing around numbers without any form of background check regarding what they imply or try to show. Atleast last time you did it you backed down somewhat. Seem more stubborn than usual here. The odd part is that last time it was also about the same numbers more or less and you ignoring facts that must have showed up when you searched for fuel for your agenda.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm not the one throwing around numbers without any form of background check regarding what they imply or try to show. Atleast last time you did it you backed down somewhat. Seem more stubborn than usual here. The odd part is that last time it was also about the same numbers more or less and you ignoring facts that must have showed up when you searched for fuel for your agenda.

wooden-dummy-looks-its-reflection-mirror

2 hours ago, Felsagger said:

As usual, take your own advice.

You are projecting.

You are totally the antagonist here. It's laughably transparent, just as you move the goalposts and claim others did it.

So, again, you think WF is mediocre and other games in your world view are better.

And?

You actually think that some statistics on how many views a video got on the Internet has some direct correlation to success and quality. Laughable.

You continue to try and project your personal opinion as an objective fact, while claiming you are not. So transparent.

Thanks so much for the stand-up comedy, but your schtick is getting old, you need more material.

Happy Ranting!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zimzala said:

As usual, take your own advice.

You are projecting.

You are totally the antagonist here. It's laughably transparent, just as you move the goalposts and claim others did it.

So, again, you think WF is mediocre and other games in your world view are better.

And?

You actually think that some statistics on how many views a video got on the Internet has some direct correlation to success and quality. Laughable.

You continue to try and project your personal opinion as an objective fact, while claiming you are not. So transparent.

Thanks so much for the stand-up comedy, but your schtick is getting old, you need more material.

Happy Ranting!

Reinforcements......Reinforcements arrived. 

hkiooe.jpg

:)

On 2023-05-29 at 1:23 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

It's so silly to argue Warframe success with some of its supposed fans. It's like they would feel vindicated if it truly was failing. 

I don't have my dog in such race. I don't give two rat asses if the game fails or succeed. I can't care any less. That is DE's doing not mine. If the boat sinks, I pick another, If the boat floats, fine, I have more games to play. 

It's pointless to be a fan of a game. Fanboyism is just as irrelevant and temporary like the clouds in the sky or the storms in the tropics. 

On 2023-05-29 at 1:23 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

I remember when people with 1000s of hours seem to gleefully report when WF dropped out of the the top 10. Like why? Do they think the devs will scramble to implement their suggestions or something to save a "failing" game?

Let me show you an awesome game that people still like but it failed in numbers due to the launch window. 

This is how a cooperative game sounds. People still have fun because there is a purpose of doing PvE cooperatively. 

Do you have this level of engagement between players in Warframe? No. 

This is my critique. It's very simple. Why should we play a game online if cooperativism between players in an objective is missing? Why should I care for Soulframe if we are going to have a similar experience in the Peer to Peer department?

See? 

Edited by Felsagger

On 2023-05-30 at 5:53 PM, Felsagger said:

Game over.

Can I just say that ending your posts with phrases like "Game over" or "Case closed" is really annoying and pretentious? Especially at the rate you do it. It sounds like you're trying to end the discussion on a discussion forum. No case is ever truly closed. It just comes across as inflammatory for no reason.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

Can I just say that ending your posts with phrases like "Game over" or "Case closed" is really annoying and pretentious?

I'm glad that my words affects you. 

That puts a smile on my face. 

:D

20 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

Especially at the rate you do it. It sounds like you're trying to end the discussion on a discussion forum. No case is ever truly closed. It just comes across as inflammatory for no reason.

If you get irked, I will continue doing it. :D

And that's not inflammatory. The behavior is contained under the code of conduct, the rules and the T.O.S. terms of the forum board. 

Let us get back on topic: 

Let us remind ourselves that Soulframe will have a contender like THIS: 

Edited by Felsagger

48 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I'm glad that my words affects you. 

That puts a smile on my face.

49 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

If you get irked, I will continue doing it. :D

And that's not inflammatory.

I think if you're intentionally trying to irk people, it may make it harder to have balanced, nuanced discussions.

• Like 4