Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is “Soulsframe?”

FadeToNull

1 hour ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

I'll take WF over any game that you say is more polished etc. since it's that good as I'm sure they will fix the bugs in Duviri.

Duviri is a joke. That probably will take a year to fix. I can wait a year. 

It is true, so I don't know why you say it's false. If you take the averages from 2019-2022 and granted we don't have the full results from 2023 you get:

2019-2022=81493 players

It's false. 

The game player counts are decreasing. The game is losing steam too. It's way too old. The only thing that can put it on track is actualization but is not happening according to the technological standards we have today. 

For 2023 peak players average for the months so far is: 78612 which is not that far off from the average of the last 4 years.. It was lower last year and the increase is real for this year. I think Duviri will attract more players as what DE did was show the new players where they could be by leveling up and so players won't quit because they get frustrated if don't see how they could enjoy themselves with little power.

Horizon Forbidden West and Burning shores are miles ahead in terms of game technology, graphics quality, game play and replay value without the need to farm, grind and wait for the items availability. 

Fact. 

I'm now going to go enjoy the SP circuit since I was on vacation and need to catch up. I played it earlier today and everyone was quite happy in the several groups I played with, so the complaints on this forum might not be representative of the player base. I suggest you do the same and try to find some fun again for yourself in the game. Constant venting on a forum cannot be good for you if I had to guess. Have a good one.

I distanced myself from Warframe for a long while. Probably in a year I'll come back to view what happened. I have other better games to play right now. Warframe needs a real update and passover. Right now the game is not that good for what I'm looking for. 

If you enjoy it, keep playing. You are free as you please. 

14 hours ago, Felsagger said:

That applies to everybody, including you. 

I recognize which things I don't know and do something about it or state that I do not know them. 

When you use references then that is more productive and informative. Your word can't be taken as the truth if there is no information to back up your discussion. When you post you should include references and works that explains what is not considered. Without reference the conversation becomes circulatory. 

1. The whole ordeal of phones was solved easily. I do not discuss it anymore because batteries can't withstand the time that a player spend playing warframe. That battery will run out of steam fast and the life of it will be shortened significantly due to the charges and discharges that the battery will have. 

2. Warframe is not a game convenient to phones and so Soulframe. These are farming games that depends on resource gathering. The resource gathering takes almost 80 percent of the activity on Warframe. Everything requires a resource collecting and an RNG gate. That format for phones is not convenient. In phones you need games that are not that engaging. 

Game over. 

The quality of a GAAS F2P game can't be compared to a full pay to play game. 

Proof: 

Warframe: 

Horizon Zero Buring Shores

Game over. 

This is another bait. I never related Peer to Peer with asiatic model. Those are two different ideas. I don't have knowledge on JRPGs and MMOs and RPGMMO. I don't play those games. But peer to peer is a connection network 

Client-Server-p2p.png

This has nothing to do with the asiatic model at all. The peer to peer model is more problematic than the client server model connection. Do not tergiverse my posts. Ask google for a translation. If google fails you, search for someone who knows better english and help you interpret what is written on the board. 

Next. 

False. 

Guerrilla Games has a forum similar to this one? Answer, No. 

Warframe is a player assisted model where the players reports the bugs and the glitches the game has. Every game uses forums for game discussions and interactions with the players. This game is particularly designed around bug feedback of the players and game performance. There are forums dedicated to this. 

Are you familiarized with the forum of this game? Do you know what is the structure of this forum and why is different than other common forums out there? Is the same dynamics of bug report and hot fixes the same than other games? 

The answer is NO. 

Next. 

This is off topic but the Buy to play model is always superior than the free to play. The purchase impies instant delivery of the product where the developer tested, reviewed and debugged the game. Good developers invest time debugging their game and cleaning their code. Robustness matters. 

Of course the case of CDPR is a novel one including 343i and Dice. These games were designed BETWEEN generation, ie, CROSS GENERATION games. These went cross generation due to the lack of hardware inception in the market. There weren't enough PS5 and not enough Xbox Series S to insert these games as next generation only. The companies always thinks on the return of investments when they launch titles. CDPR, Dice and 343i made a huge fiasco moreover in a pandemic time. 

When games are cross platform there are lots of technical debts and restraints due to the hardware difference of almost ten years between generations. Multi platform games are nowhere near the quality of exclusive titles. Why? Designing for one hardware or two hardwares is easier than generalizing a game that encompases different hardware BETWEEN generations. 

An example is Horizon Zero Forbidden West a cross generation title and Horizon Zero Buring Shores. 

Next.  

Working from home IS NOT THE SAME as working in the studio. 

Next. 

CDPR had the capacity to rebound with Phantom Liberty and a full review and improvement of the game. They were forced to save face with the worst start similar to Hello games. Dice is pulling off a good attempt with current updates and server fixes with Battlefield 2042. Now the game is fun and playable with a more complete set of weapons, map reworks and quality of life improvements on the game. 

These games took a beating but they made a comeback. These companies where recovering from the pandemic except 343i. Working from home had setbacks. Now these companies are recovering their investments in Cyberpunk and Battlefield. These are becoming great games on the long run. 

Next. 

Let us test that theory of yours: Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4U_t135PIY

The level of polish in this game is more than satisfactory. 

Game over. 

Warframe IS NOT a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE. The maximum number of players on missions is four. In Halo 3 the MAXIMUM number of players in campaign mode is FOUR. 

Game over. 

I can't speak about Witcher 3. I simply mentioned it as an example. I haven't played Witcher 3 and I'm not interested either. 

I can't talk about this subject in particular since I haven't played Witcher 3. 

Because it looks better than Dark Souls.

Next. 

You missed the point entirely. That example was used because the game uses the capability of the Unreal engine 5. Artistic values are subjective and personal preferences. If Chrono Odyssey goes F2P i'm not even going to touch it. 

DONE. 

So now you are on about batteries not being able to sustain a game? Ever heard of chargers? You know the thing that can be plugged in when you use the phone aswell? Also heh, saying resource gathering games arent suitable for phones when practically all major phone games are games about collecting stuff and farming.

Then you go on an make more excuses for shoddy releases by the big companies. Companies that should have had no problem postponing their releases like smaller companies did. And you also managed to ignore the major part, that this is not isolated to the pandemic for these companies, they constantly release games in a shoddy state and still demand money for them. They might aswell put an early access label on them from now on, since that is often the state they are in.

Clearly you also dont know what makes an MMO an MMO, since again you bring up something completely unrelated, such as group size. Which can be and often is the same in an MMO. It does also not in any way suddenly make them a waste of time as you said was the reason for not playing them. Since again the gameplay loop in an MMO is the same as that in WF. So why are you playing WF if you see it as wasting your time?

Still no idea why you threw in Witcher or LoL when you rambled about MMOs. Maybe start seperating your paragraphs to uhm talk about one thing in a coherant way? 

Many things look better than Dark Souls since Dark Souls is old. Chrono Odyssey does not look good though, it looks like a shiny asian turd and will likely have the performance of one aswell. In honesty it looks worse than Black Desert, which is an old old game now.

Also still not sure what you think linking videos of a 10 year old game and a brand new one is going to achieve or show. What is next, linking a video of Legend of Zelda and claiming Nintendo should revamp it with UE5?

20 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Some people uses rant alternate accounts because they don't have the courage to show their real account.

Jackie Chan Who Am I GIF - Jackie Chan Who Am I GIFs

I like how even your conspiracy theories are based on you being the one that knows everything, it's cute.

This particular conspiracy theory is hilarious. This is my only WF account, I hardly use it, a second would do me no good.

Thanks for the early over-coffee-entertainment!

Happy Conspiracy Theorizing!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vanaukas said:

I don't even understand why people keep arguing with that user at this point, has been proven over and over again that this dude is only around to derail threads, eventually talking about ps5 games like they are a staple on the whole game dev history or something.

It's sad at this point, not even funny like eiriny or chaoticedge to name a few fellow strokeposting troll masters.

It's like a semi-entertaining wind-up toy that has not really ever been great, just fun enough to spin up now and then, from my POV.

Kind of like the toys on display everyone plays with at the store and realizes there is no use in buying, because all the fun it can give was just had it the two minute demo.

We all have our guilty pleasures.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

It's like a semi-entertaining wind-up toy that has not really ever been great, just fun enough to spin up now and then, from my POV.

Kind of like the toys on display everyone plays with at the store and realizes there is no use in buying, because all the fun it can give was just had it the two minute demo.

We all have our guilty pleasures.

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

So now you are on about batteries not being able to sustain a game? Ever heard of chargers? You know the thing that can be plugged in when you use the phone aswell? Also heh, saying resource gathering games arent suitable for phones when practically all major phone games are games about collecting stuff and farming.

Then you go on an make more excuses for shoddy releases by the big companies. Companies that should have had no problem postponing their releases like smaller companies did. And you also managed to ignore the major part, that this is not isolated to the pandemic for these companies, they constantly release games in a shoddy state and still demand money for them. They might aswell put an early access label on them from now on, since that is often the state they are in.

Clearly you also dont know what makes an MMO an MMO, since again you bring up something completely unrelated, such as group size. Which can be and often is the same in an MMO. It does also not in any way suddenly make them a waste of time as you said was the reason for not playing them. Since again the gameplay loop in an MMO is the same as that in WF. So why are you playing WF if you see it as wasting your time?

Still no idea why you threw in Witcher or LoL when you rambled about MMOs. Maybe start seperating your paragraphs to uhm talk about one thing in a coherant way? 

Many things look better than Dark Souls since Dark Souls is old. Chrono Odyssey does not look good though, it looks like a shiny asian turd and will likely have the performance of one aswell. In honesty it looks worse than Black Desert, which is an old old game now.

Also still not sure what you think linking videos of a 10 year old game and a brand new one is going to achieve or show. What is next, linking a video of Legend of Zelda and claiming Nintendo should revamp it with UE5?

57 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

I like how even your conspiracy theories are based on you being the one that knows everything, it's cute.

This particular conspiracy theory is hilarious. This is my only WF account, I hardly use it, a second would do me no good.

Thanks for the early over-coffee-entertainment!

Happy Conspiracy Theorizing!

Some players these days can't accept the fact that their game is not great.  Infantilism is a problem these days. 

• Like 1

Can we get this type of quality in Warframe or Soulframe? 

With the model we have now of the GAAS F2P we can't. With the engine Warframe has now we can't. 

But can DE produce good quality, of course. Are they interested upscaling their game? No. 

23 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Some players these days can't accept the fact that their game is not great.  Infantilism is a problem these days. 

Just like some forum posters cannot understand their subjective outlooks and opinions are not facts.

Megalomania is real. 

It must be terrible to be convinced you are always right and be unable to make others believe it.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I finished Horizon Zero last night! I think it is an overrated game, honestly. Not that I'm saying it's terrible, but it's maybe an 7.5 out of 10.. It was very good, but not masterful.

For a game with so much focus on immersion, it's so video gamey. The cheesy UI is always in your face, Aloy seems to have anti gravity when she's climbing, characters frequently know things they shouldn't in order to make the video game part work rather than the immersion part work.. Just let me make some arrows in the middle of this dodge roll!

I like how you come back to the Nora after they get attacked by the Eclipse and they suddenly know Deathbringers by name despite canonically living under a rock.

And as much as the difficulty levels are alright, it feels like very little changes in combat once you figure out the right shot patterns for each enemy. Even the biggest, most complex enemies like Thunderjaws basically have the same fight every time ~ triple load tearblasts, strip their guns, freeze, DPS down. Repeat.

Combat is actually secretly.. Kind of actually really similar to Warframe in one specific way. I know you might laugh at that because it's a very different game, but what does it share in common?

As long as you feverishly grind, collect and craft (literally constantly) it gives you access to so many toys that it is more gear based than skill based. It might be a significant step above in some areas like telegraphs and dodging, but it actually shares more in common than it initially seems to.

The combat is the weakest link of the game. I still think it is enjoyable, but it's not masterful.

If it wasn't for the story and the beautiful world, Horizon would be pretty forgettable. The world, much like Warframe, will probably look subpar 10 years from release as well because that is literally just what happens when video games get older.

I really enjoyed playing it, but I don't feel like Horizon is actually incredible.

I actually kind of think Warframe is a mediocre game in a lot of ways but let me put it this way ~ so is junk food

JUNK FOOD IS DELIGHTFUL IN MODERATION <3

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cute_moth.npc said:

I finished Horizon Zero last night! I think it is an overrated game, honestly. Not that I'm saying it's terrible, but it's maybe an 7.5 out of 10.. It was very good, but not masterful.

Warframe is just average. 

Sometimes I'm in the mood for it sometimes not. I think Warframe and SOULSFRAME are just accessory games. I will pick them up every six or seven month or when there are no games to play. Right now I'm not playing much either. 

12 minutes ago, cute_moth.npc said:

For a game with so much focus on immersion, it's so video gamey. The cheesy UI is always in your face, Aloy seems to have anti gravity when she's climbing, characters frequently know things they shouldn't in order to make the video game part work rather than the immersion part work.. Just let me make some arrows in the middle of this dodge roll!

I like how you come back to the Nora after they get attacked by the Eclipse and they suddenly know Deathbringers by name despite canonically living under a rock.

And as much as the difficulty levels are alright, it feels like very little changes in combat once you figure out the right shot patterns for each enemy. Even the biggest, most complex enemies like Thunderjaws basically have the same fight every time ~ triple load tearblasts, strip their guns, freeze, DPS down. Repeat.

Combat is actually secretly.. Kind of actually really similar to Warframe in one specific way. I know you might laugh at that because it's a very different game, but what does it share in common?

As long as you feverishly grind, collect and craft (literally constantly) it gives you access to so many toys that it is more gear based than skill based. It might be a significant step above in some areas like telegraphs and dodging, but it actually shares more in common than it initially seems to.

The combat is the weakest link of the game. I still think it is enjoyable, but it's not masterful.

If it wasn't for the story and the beautiful world, Horizon would be pretty forgettable. The world, much like Warframe, will probably look subpar 10 years from release as well because that is literally just what happens when video games get older.

I really enjoyed playing it, but I don't feel like Horizon is actually incredible.

I actually kind of think Warframe is a mediocre game in a lot of ways but let me put it this way ~ so is junk food

JUNK FOOD IS DELIGHTFUL IN MODERATION <3

Nah, junk food stinks even in moderation. 

Warframe is not fun right now. I have more fun playing Horizon Zero Forbidden West, Spider Man and Burning Shores other than getting stuck on those circular portals in Duviri when I do those missions. Right now Duviri is a bugfest despite all the hotfix DE did. 

I think DE should put more effort convincing me to stay or try another GAAS F2P game. I don't have much time for them anymore. 

Edited by Felsagger

13 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Warframe is not fun right now. I have more fun playing Horizon Zero Forbidden West, Spider Man and Burning Shores other than getting stuck on those circular portals in Duviri when I do those missions. Right now Duviri is a bugfest despite all the hotfix DE did. 

I think DE should put more effort convincing me to stay or try another GAAS F2P game. I don't have much time for them anymore. 

Okay so what's weird is that I have got.. Similar kinds of feelings sometimes.. I'm exceptionally disappointed in Duviri. It's still a buggy mess and 6 weeks from now it's going to be a buggy mess where the reasons for playing it will already be winding down. 12 weeks from now, unless they change it to be more evergreen, it's basically derelict for a lot of players. Ultimately, it's a bunch of chopped up pieces of the Duviri map with a bunch of recycled game modes inside of it. So much for the big content drop I thought we waited several years for? I'm so glad that we literally can't get any kind of challenge mode that players have been asking for years to use their gear in but we finally got a "challenge mode" where the twist is that it tries to keep you from doing just that ^^;

I am just hoping that they can use some of these ideas from Circuit and put them to good use in other modes. I really like the way it changes from one mission type to another in one instance, and how there's actually noticeable level scaling. For how much Duviri misses, it hits enough for me that logging on to do the weekly clear for 10 each week is fun. It's a case of "I don't have as much time for Warframe as I used to", which I feel is more honest than saying you don't have much time for something while simultaneously being available seemingly 24/7 on the forums to trash talk :)

Edited by cute_moth.npc

31 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

If you are comfortable with bread crumbs, you can ignore my posts and continue playing. 

You can't pretend that I will be. 

Happy gardening.

Mmmm, bread.

I am well aware I can ignore what I like, when I like, thanks, don't need your permission or validation, but good that you at least understand that.

I can and do pretend whatever I choose, you don't actually think you can dictate that, do you?

Generally, I pretend this is you as I read your posts:

Leave Britney Alone GIFs | Tenor

As for the gardening, I pay others, I have a bad back and don't really enjoy it.

Enjoy ranting over a game you don't play with people you cannot control or change!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, cute_moth.npc said:

Okay so what's weird is that I have got.. Similar kinds of feelings sometimes.. I'm exceptionally disappointed in Duviri. It's still a buggy mess and 6 weeks from now it's going to be a buggy mess where the reasons for playing it will already be winding down. 12 weeks from now, unless they change it to be more evergreen, it's basically derelict for a lot of players.

This is why I wait for DE. When DE displays the full complete developed package I can come in and enjoy the game. Right now Duviri is in a barebone state. Is it bad? No, it's the daily GAAS F2P Peer to Peer crap that happens in every game of such kind. I don't have time for it or intend to enjoy incomplete stuff that really needs work at least a year. 

Took CDPR TWO years ordering their house after their fiasco. Took a year and a half seeing DICE getting their things up and running in Battlefield 2042. Yes, why should I downgrade my experience when I can enjoy a full developed Duviri. People get better things when they learn to wait. There is no need to rush it or drag it. It will happen at the right time. 

But again I would be busy playing Spiderman 2 and probably Wolverine designed by Insomniac Games. Or I'll be busy playing the next Killzone game done by Guerrilla Games. Eventually Warframe will be there to be an accessory game giving few hours of fun for what it is. I can't address Warframe with the same level of engagement that I play other great games because Warframe is a coffee table top accessory game for the fridays. It is good for that, it will be there for it. 

In other words, I know where to put DE and in what place. They are not bad developers. They had a great career in the business but what they produce is not of my interest anymore. They have to do a bit more in order for me to come back. They don't owe me anything anyway. However they are not offering me what I'm looking for. It's true people outgrow the game and move on. 

Ultimately, it's a bunch of chopped up pieces of the Duviri map with a bunch of recycled game modes inside of it. So much for the big content drop I thought we waited several years for? I'm so glad that we literally can't get any kind of challenge mode that players have been asking for years to use their gear in but we finally got a "challenge mode" where the twist is that it tries to keep you from doing just that ^^;

Fine. I'll bite. 

I'm going to CRITIQUE IT HARDCORE, now that you mention it. 

Duviri artistic values are amazing, no doubt of it but the format of set recycled pieces are HORRID. I'm not going to bash the developers because is against the rules in here but recycling old junk and refurbishing it LEAVES a lot to be desired from a developer team. Of course if the developer used old assets before but they improve them and reuse them, fine, but what DE did in that island is not satisfactory. 

I will remain very respectful with this critique since I do not want to get a red flag. DE can do much more for the map other than being a SET OF PEBBLES FLOATING in the myst. Yes, University students who have certain experience doing 3D modeling could come up with such idea as their third or four project in their second year Bachelor degree. But can you expect that from a developer? Look for example Burning Shores islands. These ARE island but there are STRUCTURES in it for EXPLORATION. Yes, this is the most elementary way of doing a map but the level of design JUSTIFIES the simple spatial layout. 

Of course DE can do much more than what they delivered. You know what, think for a moment on DEIMOS. That map is intricate and complicated. That map shows a lot of passages and pathways. It's ORGANIC in many instances with weird looking walls. It is a jungle of organic beings, rocks and living tissue. But there are insights and outsides of the map. The design is outstanding. Not everybody liked DEIMOS but the stage design was great in terms of complexity. However it was small due to hardware parameter limitations. 

The map in Duviri needs more complexity or extensions. If there are floating rocks why not MOVING floating rocks that moves slowly or places that reconfigure due to the slow movements. See? 

My critique is quite simple. DE map design needs more development that gives me a place where things are always moving. That justifies or provide me a deeper level of immersion. 

I am just hoping that they can use some of these ideas from Circuit and put them to good use in other modes.

Circuit IS A GREAT idea but RNG selector sucks ass. It has to be removed. Obviously leave it as an option for experts who enjoys the joy of randomness. 

Imagine be in a DE house where turning on your kitchen depends on an RNG. I think DE should tone down the excessive use of RNG. 

It's a case of "I don't have as much time for Warframe as I used to", which I feel is more honest than saying you don't have much time for something while simultaneously being available seemingly 24/7 on the forums to trash talk :)

False. 

I write and work in my laptop with two windows open. 

The secret of multitasking. Besides these kids are always toddling with their baits when I write something that offends their game as if the game where their ego.  :D

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zimzala said:

Mmmm, bread.

I am well aware I can ignore what I like, when I like, thanks, don't need your permission or validation, but good that you at least understand that.

I can and do pretend whatever I choose, you don't actually think you can dictate that, do you?

Generally, I pretend this is you as I read your posts:

Leave Britney Alone GIFs | Tenor

As for the gardening, I pay others, I have a bad back and don't really enjoy it.

Enjoy ranting over a game you don't play with people you cannot control or change!

wooden-dummy-looks-its-reflection-mirror

On other news. 

If we think in terms of offering then what Soulframe offers that Elden Ring already have. 

What THIS have: 

That I can't find it here: 

If we list offerings then at least DE must sell me something new that I haven't seen anywhere or something that other providers don't have. 

9 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Spam fest

It's ironic because you are doing exactly that. 

The topic is being discussed about what is soulframe in the previous post. Soulsframe is an attempt of DE to capture the attention of Soulsborne players. However the genre is right now in the hands of From Software who managed of making a good single player campaign and versus mode in one package. 

We had that with Solar rails where everything goes. Now those versus moments are not anymore in Warframe. Maybe DE could be more interested in a PvP game in Soulsframe however DE knows too well how toxic PvP games could be. I think they are not up to that. 

I'm currently rewatching Slam Dunk, my god what a beautiful piece of work. The animations and color style are* just insane, I had really good memories from childhood about the series* and I'm happy to not be dissapointed now as an adult. Kick the butt of many current animes around. 

Edited by vanaukas
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I'm currently rewatching Slam Dunk, my god what a beautiful piece of work. The animations and color style are* just insane, I had really good memories from childhood about the series* and I'm happy to not be dissapointed now as an adult. Kick the butt of many current animes around. 

I used to love anime until the focus changed from incredible storytelling and animation into being a contest about which shows could stuff in the highest number of waifus. That looks older than I am, it's 80s?

Also now that it's off topic, it's on!! 

We have last post wins, this one can be last post loses! How off topic can you get before it all gets shut down? :)

4 minutes ago, cute_moth.npc said:

I used to love anime until the focus changed from incredible storytelling and animation into being a contest about which shows could stuff in the highest number of waifus. That looks older than I am, it's 80s?

Also now that it's off topic, it's on!! 

We have last post wins, this one can be last post loses! How off topic can you get before it all gets shut down? :)

Slam dunk it's from the 90's.

Current anime has some good ones, like Vinland saga , but most of the time yeah, it's really bad. The coomer culture surrounding anime it's nasty AF and has influenced the content of them nowadays.

Now that I managed to move this to off topi, I have to ask...

What is soulframe
DE don't hurt me
don't hurt me
no more...