Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat Moderation needs to be done better

Grave.Knight

Question

So apparently I'm suspended from chat. I'm not given a warning. I'm not given an explanation. I'm not given for how long. How is this even remotely an acceptable system? If I don't know what I did how am I suppose to avoid it in the future. Am I to take away that I should never use the in-game chat system?

11 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Grave.Knight said:

I know what to do, my problem is that no information on why was given.

Yes, that's the stupid bit, when I use to admin/moderate another game years ago I'd always gave a reason, or the auto bot would do it because I'd have it pre-programmed into the script to activate on detection, sounds like lazy moderating or lazy script writing.

Edited by Slayer-.
typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ant99999 said:

it is merely a trap..

now you'll get banned on the forums too lol.

OP, you must have said something that can be construed as offensive in some way; if you were having a heated debate with someone over something especially if it's religion/politics, that might be the cause.

• Like 1

It's acceptable because most players never encounter issues with the system. They either don't engage with the one place this seems to ever happen (Region chat) or just never say anything that the bot/mods might consider a rule break.

So while it's a mess it's seemingly not worth more effort being put into it. As it's easy to avoid issues entirely, just disable Region chat and use the other chats for their specific purposes. Meanwhile most chat bans seem to be pretty obvious as to why they happened (generally resulting from trying to make a "joke" or using words that some groups of people find offensive).

• Like 2

The forums are unable to assist with account issues, including suspensions from chat.

If you want to appeal against the suspension, you will need to contact support by submitting a ticket as they are the only ones able to assist with this.

Support: http://support.warframe.com/

Spoiler

"REPORTING A CHAT MODERATOR OR REQUESTING A MODERATION REVIEW
If a player wishes to dispute a case of Chat Moderation, or to report inappropriate behavior, they can do so by creating a ticket at http://support.warframe.com where it will be reviewed by Warframe Staff. Please note that support and other Digital Extremes staff will not discuss any punitive measures taken against Chat Moderators, showing them the same respect as we would any other community member.

Chat Moderation is a process performed by humans, and errors (such as misclicking on a moderation tool, or spelling issues) can happen, and we will take any steps to correct such issues. However, repeated abuse of the reporting function will be treated in the same manner as other kind of system abuse, and may result in punitive actions taken to a reporting player’s account.

Digital Extremes will not respond to, or take action on purposefully false claims, and will not tolerate the unfair hunting / targeting of individuals who are in any of our volunteer programs. As a result, Digital Extremes will treat such attempts as violations of our EULA and ToS, which can result in the temporary or permanent removal of a players access to Warframe.

Digital Extremes may amend the Chat Moderator Code of Conduct at any time in its sole discretion. Amendments and modifications will be effective immediately after publishing them on the Website."

https://www.warframe.com/community/volunteers#modscc

• Like 2