Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sure wish we could use more than just Secondaries on Merulina.

Skoomaseller

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

If you can't see what's going on: Due to lag, a bug occurs where I can equip both my glaive and secondary while I'm aboard Merulina.

I can't use the glaive, but I sure wish we could.

Anyone else agree that Yareli should be able to use more than just her secondary while on Merulina?

• Like 7

It would be quite funny watching Yareli swing a heavy weapon like a sword or hammer on Merulina like in some kind of cavalry charge. Or an archgun! 

It's just secondaries right? ( I haven't used Yareli yet ) Total shame they haven't added in others. :(

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Mediloric said:

It would be quite funny watching Yareli swing a heavy weapon like a sword or hammer on Merulina like in some kind of cavalry charge. Or an archgun! 

It's just secondaries right? ( I haven't used Yareli yet ) Total shame they haven't added in others. :(

Yeah as of now you can only use secondaries on Merulina.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

yeah, you should be able to use whatever weapons you like on Merulina, though even with that change, it does have one major downside:

it requires playing as Yareli. 

YARELI IS GOOD OK 🤬

• Like 4

I personally don't really mind that it's secondaries only because it feels like a decent trade off for massive damage buffs and it makes stacking synergies fun. I think sometimes I do want this too, like not desparation but it's nice to think about, by design there are enemies in game that want different weapons to handle them like with precision shots, so having more than one weapon is decent.

Between horrifying bugs, no Helminth and features missing because of lack of animations I think she's just basically still unfinished.

I wish Yareli was actually comparable to the rest of the game in versatility and polish overall. She's fun enough to play a lot in spite of this at least lol

I think when I go back to her early release, you were able to equip a primary by choosing not to bring any other weapons into a mission weren't you? It has been a while now ^^;

Edited by cute_moth.npc
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, cute_moth.npc said:

I personally don't really mind that it's secondaries only because it feels like a decent trade off for massive damage buffs and it makes stacking synergies fun. I think sometimes I do want this too, like not desparation but it's nice to think about, by design there are enemies in game that want different weapons to handle them like with precision shots, so having more than one weapon is decent.

Between horrifying bugs, no Helminth and features missing because of lack of animations I think she's just basically still unfinished.

I wish Yareli was actually comparable to the rest of the game in versatility and polish overall. She's fun enough to play a lot in spite of this at least lol

I think when I go back to her early release, you were able to equip a primary by choosing not to bring any other weapons into a mission weren't you? It has been a while now ^^;

as far as I'm aware, augments excluded she only gets +200% CC on her secondary.

Imo that's not a fair tradeoff for being locked to her secondary only.

you could argue that sea snares kinda makes up for it, but then other frames also have damage buff/resistance debuff yet can also use their full arsenal

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

as far as I'm aware, augments excluded she only gets +200% CC on her secondary.

Imo that's not a fair tradeoff for being locked to her secondary only.

you could argue that sea snares kinda makes up for it, but then other frames also have damage buff/resistance debuff yet can also use their full arsenal

I'm going to include the augment because why wouldn't I want to use it if I am going to use Merulina?

She gets 90% damage reduction, knockdown / stagger immun.. imm.. as long as you don't get hit by some attacks that still lock you out for 10 seconds she shhh ~ SHE KIND OF HAS KNOCKDOWN IMMUNITY (lol)

Merulina absorbs hits that would kill Yareli and effectively make her invincible as long as you can get back on Merulina.

200% fire rate / 200% reload / 200% crit chance / 90% DR / Death protection / Janky knockdown immunity is fair to me to have just secondaries.

I think using a primary would be fine, but she's not getting only 200% CC at all ^^;

Edited by cute_moth.npc
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, cute_moth.npc said:

I'm going to include the augment because why wouldn't I want to use it if I am going to use Merulina?

She gets 90% damage reduction, knockdown / stagger immun.. imm.. as long as you don't get hit by some attacks that still lock you out for 10 seconds she shhh ~ SHE KIND OF HAS KNOCKDOWN IMMUNITY (lol)

Merulina absorbs hits that would kill Yareli and effectively make her invincible as long as you can get back on Merulina.

200% fire rate / 200% reload / 200% crit chance / 90% DR / Death protection / Janky knockdown immunity is fair to me to have just secondaries.

I think using a primary would be fine, but she's not getting only 200% CC at all ^^;

the augment came later.

even then it isn't quite a fair tradeoff. other frames also gain cc immunity/90% DR/weapon buffs.

not necessarily all-in-one, but on top of that they also have access to their full arsenal.

Nothing really justifies having only her secondary as the usable weapon, it's just "because kdrives are like that" currently, as far as I can tell.

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 2

Just now, Skoomaseller said:

the augment came later.

even then it isn't quite a fair tradeoff. other frames also gain cc immunity/90% DR/weapon buffs.

not necessarily all-in-one, but on top of that they also have access to their full arsenal.

Nothing really justifies having only her secondary as the usable weapon apart from "because kdrives are like that." 

The augment is out and you can equip it and use it in comparisons, which I will do? ^^

I literally haven't got anything against adding primaries to her aside from the expectation that it will be too much for them to lift a finger and even fix her bugs, let alone add a few more animations, but the trade off is really worth it to me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cute_moth.npc said:

The augment is out and you can equip it and use it in comparisons, which I will do? ^^

I literally haven't got anything against adding primaries to her aside from the expectation that it will be too much for them to lift a finger and even fix her bugs, let alone add a few more animations, but the trade off is really worth it to me.

no I'm just trying to rationalize my stance that the trade off isn't worth it to you, don't worry lol 

DE could make it so the passive/augment can't affect primaries honestly I'd still be ok w/ it. then I can actually use my primary/melee as utility weapons. 

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 1

I like the thematic nature of it only being secondaries. Besides, when we have secondaries like the incarnon atomos, incarnon lex prime, and incarnon despair do we really need anything else while also being hyper mobile and getting a 200% crit buff? Heck even before those recent additions we had the tenet plinx, kuva nukor, and tenet cycron. I'd say at most let her toss thrown melees when they're able to be used with a secondary normally like a glaive plus lex.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Unlucky1307 said:

do we really need anything else while also being hyper mobile and getting a 200% crit buff? 

short answer: nah not really

long answer: while you are right that many secondaries can carry their own weight with a constant 200% CC buff I still find it a bit unfair that Yareli alone is subject to being stripped of all her weapons except her secondary.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cute_moth.npc said:

That's, not a good argument actually.

Nezha's Warding Halo has a 90% DR that also provides status immunity and has a lingering heat around him.

Rhino is just straight up invincible with status immunity for the whole duration that Iron Skin is present on his body.

Revenant now has full invincibility with a stun and status immunity, even back then before the Eximus had to buff Mesmer Skin, you still had an invincibility with stun.

Hell Trinity has like two 75% DR that when stacked give...94% DR (I think)

And if you're bringing in Augments.

Nekros' Shadow of the Dead Shield kf Shadows gives him 90% DR with status immunity in addition to 7 Increased Threat  levels, and that's without including whatever Eximus he might picked up.

Plus, don't forget Merulina started with a 50% Dr that had to be panic buffed to 75% when people rightfully pointed out and laughed at how pitiful a 50% DR is in a game like Warframe.

Like I don't think any ability that locks you out of other weapons is worth it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

That's, not a good argument actually.

Nezha's Warding Halo has a 90% DR that also provides status immunity and has a lingering heat around him.

Rhino is just straight up invincible with status immunity for the whole duration that Iron Skin is present on his body.

Revenant now has full invincibility with a stun and status immunity, even back then before the Eximus had to buff Mesmer Skin, you still had an invincibility with stun.

Hell Trinity has like two 75% DR that when stacked give...94% DR (I think)

And if you're bringing in Augments.

Nekros' Shadow of the Dead Shield kf Shadows gives him 90% DR with status immunity in addition to 7 Increased Threat  levels, and that's without including whatever Eximus he might picked up.

Plus, don't forget Merulina started with a 50% Dr that had to be panic buffed to 75% when people rightfully pointed out and laughed at how pitiful a 50% DR is in a game like Warframe.

Like I don't think any ability that locks you out of other weapons is worth it.

I'm.. Not forgetting?.. I remember when she came out and didn't have a dodge move plus arson eximus destroyed her board in one hit. She was beyond pathetic. I think it's fine if they want to add primary weapons to merulina, convince them to lift a finger first though ^^;

I'm also not going to try and convince people that she's still fine power wise anymore though. I'm just going to go back to playing the game and doing 200M hits lol.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

We could!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Until DE "fixed" it. All they needed were aiming animations but that's too much to ask I guess.

And so I've subsumed Merulina away to never be used again. Oh well.

holding and firing the quellor with 1 hand was simply a boss move DE deemed too powerful 

one day we will overthrow our oppressors in canada

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 2