Screenshot-1.png

I'm on Win7 btw, in case you ask

EDIT: Well, it fixed itself with the last update ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thx to everyone who helped

Edited by -Krism-
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RafMatador22 said:

even the launcher design itself is buggy

Yeah no S#&$ that's exactly what I'm talking about, it worked & looked fine before this update; I've seen other topics from people where the launcher crashes for them, & they were on Win8 or better

3 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Total guess, but maybe try disabling any DirectX 12 settings from the launcher and see if anything changes, since Windows 7 doesn't support anything newer than DX11

I'm on Dx11, so I don't have any Dx12 options

Screenshot-1.png

As I said above, it's something in this update that #*!%ed it up, worked like for anyone else before it; I could try to reinstall it but I don't want to break it further, I can still launch the game so it's that at least, it just looks ugly

• Like 1

Just now, -Krism- said:
15 minutes ago, RafMatador22 said:

even the launcher design itself is buggy

Yeah no S#&$ that's exactly what I'm talking about, it worked & looked fine before this update; I've seen other topics from people where the launcher crashes for them, & they were on Win8 or better

I'm on win 8.1 and it just show message (cannot load something) and it runs this "dark mode" but game is fine (well, no change since duviri, still laggy).

They are investigating it. Someone already posted it

Just now, quxier said:

I'm on win 8.1 and it just show message (cannot load something) and it runs this "dark mode" but game is fine (well, no change since duviri, still laggy).

They are investigating it. Someone already posted it

So it's a problem on a bigger scale, good to know

It's just a black page with the play button for you?

51 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

The game is going through several graphic updates, today upscaling was added with Dlss and etc, not to mention directx 12, technologies that didn't exist in 2009, so for me to use a out of date system, and demand that everything works well forever, it's a error.

Edited by RafMatador22

1 hour ago, RafMatador22 said:

Sorry but using windows 7 is far from ideal too, even the launcher design itself is buggy, it's still like it was in 2013. On the windows 11 I'm running, the launcher is completely normal.

lol...

Windows Xp ran on 128 mb ram and 1.5 gb hard drive space.

Windows 11 runs on 4000 mb ram and 64 gb hard drive space.

That is 31x to 42x worse performance. It's a 30x downgrade you sitting there defending. What do you realistically get out of that? What can you do with windows 10, 11, 12, that is worth 4 gb of ram JUST to idle... lol.

Transparent folders and widgets?

Reality is, performance should increase over the years, not decrease. I don't know why you assume something is better simply because it is new. That has never been the case, especially not in this era.

The only reason to make a new OS is to milk it, so by all means waste your own time and money but don't sit there and think you are coming out clever here.

https://www.theverge.com/2015/5/7/8568473/windows-10-last-version-of-windows

Right now we’re releasing Windows 10, and because Windows 10 is the last version of Windows, we’re all still working on Windows 10." That was the message from Microsoft employee Jerry Nixon, a developer evangelist speaking at the company's Ignite conference this week.

They are all bs'ers and scammers and the sooner you face up to reality the better for everyone, including yourself.

/edit

ps. I forgot to mention developer laziness and backwards compatibility as major issues of gaming - especially when you tie it into my earlier point that all the best games are from a different era but will not run on newer OS systems because it's all about them saving money to F you over.

Oh yeah they are definitely going to take your cash for a new OS but you think they have time to make older games work on it?

So please don't sit there and defend them after they played you.

Edited by Surbusken
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

lol...

Windows Xp ran on 128 mb ram and 1.5 gb hard drive space.

Windows 11 runs on 4000 mb ram and 64 gb hard drive space.

That is 31x to 42x worse performance. It's a 30x downgrade you sitting there defending. What do you realistically get out of that? What can you do with windows 10, 11, 12, that is worth 4 gb of ram JUST to idle... lol.

Transparent folders and widgets?

Reality is, performance should increase over the years, not decrease. I don't know why you assume something is better simply because it is new. That has never been the case, especially not in this era.

The only reason to make a new OS is to milk it, so by all means waste your own time and money but don't sit there and think you are coming out clever here.

https://www.theverge.com/2015/5/7/8568473/windows-10-last-version-of-windows

They are all bs'ers and scammers and the sooner you face up to reality the better for everyone, including yourself.

/edit

ps. I forgot to mention developer laziness and backwards compatibility as major issues of gaming - especially when you tie it into my earlier point that all the best games are from a different era but will not run on newer OS systems because it's all about them saving money to F you over.

Oh yeah they are definitely going to take your cash for a new OS but you think they have time to make older games work on it?

So please don't sit there and defend them after they played you.

Nobody pays to use windows, at least I never paid, you may even have less resource consumption with older windows, but it's no use if you have incompatibility with recent programs and applications, you may even have a little spare ram at the end of day, but the problems you face with it is not worth an outdated system.

3 minutes ago, RafMatador22 said:

Nobody pays to use windows, at least I never paid, you may even have less resource consumption with older windows, but it's no use if you have incompatibility with recent programs and applications, you may even have a little spare ram at the end of day, but the problems you face with it is not worth an outdated system.

What are you getting at, microsoft doesn't make any money so you can't be guilty by collaborating?

Seems like a super uncreative response that just makes you look phony. If you want to cook up stories at least make them halfway believable - at least to the point it's uncertain if you are lying on purpose.

Now you find yourself in a hilarious predicament having to defend microsoft to defend your own ego, uncle tom's cabinet over here. Going to need a way more creative story to weazel yourself out of that one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

What are you getting at, microsoft doesn't make any money so you can't be guilty by collaborating?

Seems like a super uncreative response that just makes you look phony. If you want to cook up stories at least make them halfway believable - at least to the point it's uncertain if you are lying on purpose.

Now you find yourself in a hilarious predicament having to defend microsoft to defend your own ego, uncle tom's cabinet over here. Going to need a way more creative story to weazel yourself out of that one.

I'm not defending anyone, I just recommended that the friend use an updated windows, you came kicking here I don't know where you came from lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RafMatador22 said:

I'm not defending anyone, I just recommended that the friend use an updated windows, you came kicking here I don't know where you came from lol.

You are defending windows 11; you are defending microsoft.

You are defending https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence.

... or as I call it, scamming, milking and bs'ing. Then you sold out your own kind, the players, the customers, the users, by blaming them for not rushing to collaborate with microsoft's money scheme, that involves ignoring backwards compatibility to save them cost, and, is objectively a 30 times worse product... same as you did.

So it was obviously more important for you to defend yourself and your own ego, than to get to the truth of the matter or stand up for what is right.

5 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

... or as I call it, scamming, milking and bs'ing. Then you sold out your own kind, the players, the customers, the users, by blaming them for not rushing to collaborate with microsoft's money scheme, that involves ignoring backwards compatibility to save them cost, and, is objectively a 30 times worse product... same as you did.

So it was obviously more important for you to defend yourself and your own ego, than to get to the truth of the matter or stand up for what is right.

You're not right in your head brother, I'm not a psychologist, so have a good time.

1 minute ago, Surbusken said:

Lol. Okay so,

A game that's constantly being updated is obviously going to be more tested on newer operating systems. This is not really rocket science. You don't have to like or defend Microsoft to understand that having an up-to-date OS will generally be better for compatibility when you're running modern programs and games, because that modern software will be tested on modern systems.

You are perfectly free to use an out of date operating system if you want to, nobody's going to stop you, but you run the risk of programs made for recent versions of Windows simply not working, or having bugs and glitches.

In the grand scheme, Windows itself has been surprisingly good at backwards compatibility. Running Win11 I can still use programs from 10–15 years ago perfectly fine, and it even includes compatibility options for older programs.

If you have some moral stance against newer versions of Windows then that's on you, and that's fair. But accusing anyone recommending it that they're somehow defending Microsoft simply doesn't track. It's really not that deep.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RafMatador22 said:

You're not right in your head brother, I'm not a psychologist, so have a good time.

Still weak.

Either you have a point or you don't.

I made a bunch, you tried to weazel out of the conversation.

I literally documented microsoft saying "windows 10 will be the final version", it's certified. No comment right? lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Surbusken said:

Still weak.

Either you have a point or you don't.

I made a bunch, you tried to weazel out of the conversation.

I literally documented microsoft saying "windows 10 will be the final version", it's certified. No comment right? lol

#*!% microsoft, for me you can even use windows ME if you want, I just recommend you use a more up-to-date one.

4 minutes ago, emmyemi said:

Why was a new OS created in the first place though... is the point. And I am saying, anyone who help microsoft milk the market, is a sellout the helped ruin everything.

Then you kind of need to decide which story you are going with in your developer apology.

On one hand, "everything is perfect"; all video games work 15 years back (it isn't and they don't) but at the same you want to defend wasting money on a new OS that is 30 times worse performing. So which one is it?

Is everything perfect or are the problems with spamming out new versions? That is what you are saying, right? People should spend money because there are problems... well, who created those problems artificially... and who is sponsoring it, supporting it even defending it... lol.

Same with supporting console or platform exclusivity, you a benedict arnold that just made it worse for everyone. Or lockboxes, microtranscations and so on.

• Like 1

uh, you could try reinstalling the game, i guess, otherwise there's not much on your end.

you if you backup/rename the Folder that contains all of the games' assets, reinstalling should take just a couple Minutes. mainly you're wanting to ensure that the Launcher and some loaded Libraries are intact.
so like, move/rename the Cache.Windows Folder, then tell the system to Uninstall Warframe, delete anything that's left in the game Directory, press Install, give it a few Minutes to start building Files, Pause the install by closing Steam/the Launcher, move Cache.Windows back, and that should let you ensure all of the other Files including the Launcher itself are in tact while skipping Downloading the game itself.

1 hour ago, Surbusken said:

That is 31x to 42x worse performance.

i do not think you know the Definition of the Word 'performance'

11 hours ago, RafMatador22 said:

The game is going through several graphic updates, today upscaling was added with Dlss and etc, not to mention directx 12, technologies that didn't exist in 2009, so for me to use a out of date system, and demand that everything works well forever, it's a error.

You know, I would agree, if the actual game didn't work, but I'm at a constant 60fps with the Enhanced Engine & everything maxed out; if Win7 was the problem, I'm wouldn't even be able to play, & as stated by @quxier, who has Win8.1, it has nothing to do with that

6 hours ago, kamisama85 said:

Well OP, all the colorful advice in the thread aside I think this is inevitably going to become your greatest concern in the long run.

Don't worry about that, I already have it planned out but I need to wait until the support ends

• Like 2

13 hours ago, taiiat said:

i do not think you know

Win XP required 128 mb of ram, windows 11 requires 4000.

4000/128= 31,25 times decrase in performance.

Or 3125% worse of a product.

Remember kids, technology was supposed to improve over the years, not decline. Reality is it should be 1 operating system for life, that they then keep optimizing and decreasing the system requirements.

4 GB of ram to idle in windows 11, is proportional in size to the amount they respect your intelligence. They assumed you wouldn't even notice or give it a thought and happily pay them cash to deliver trash.

They even figured you'd THANK them for it and defend them, after they rob you blind, lmao.

What do you want me to tell you, what can I possibly say to help you save face at this point.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Psianide73 said:

Technology changes, things move with the times.

If you want to stand still, that's fine. Just know that you'll be left behind.

Read the other replies, nothing to do with old or new setup

• Like 1