Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Refund for boosters not working after bug

EpicHogBoy

Hello,

Don't know if this is the correct place to put a post like this. I don't even know if the dev will really read this. 

When the duviri update dropped, I picked up a resource booster. I picked this up for the purpose of getting more items in duviri. I otherwise wouldn't have ordered it. I picked it up as the update dropped at the time there was no info on the bug trackers that it didn't work. Now after weeks you finally fix the boosters not working you've offered no refund for the plat spent on the boosters or the items missing that I should have gotten from having one. 

It might be a little amount of money, but at the end of the day, I spend my money on something that didn't function for what I got it for. Now it's finally been fixed after my booster expired, you've offered no refund. 

I tried reaching out to support, and they just told me to come to the forums so here I am.

So what I'm saying. Do you have any plans to make this right and offer a refund for the missing items or at least the cost of the booster?

• Like 5

You need to make a support ticket at the support desk if you believe you been effected by a bug and want a refund. From the sound of it they will need more than your word. also you will need to specify if the boosters did or didnt work on non divri resources, and which divri resources the booster didnt affect etc.

Edited by (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

You need to make a support ticket at the support desk if you believe you been effected by a bug and want a refund. From the sound of it they will need more than your word. also you will need to specify if the boosters did or didnt work on non divri resources, and which divri resources the booster didnt affect etc.

Yep, made a ticket with support. They just told me they couldn't help and to go to the forums. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yeah, in short, they told you "lol no"

Yeah, it does seem like it, but figured I would make a post here anyway. 

I know it is only a small amount for a booster, but it's still my money spent. Goes to show how much DE really care I guess. 

• Like 3

One question :

• Did you ask to have a money refund or a platinum or (lost) resources refund ?

PS : Can you make a screen capture of the exact conversation because "no refund for the plat spent on the boosters" or no refund of "the items missing that I should have gotten from having one" are two entire different demands.

11 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

One question :

• Did you ask to have a money refund or a platinum or (lost) resources refund ?

PS : Can you make a screen capture of the exact conversation because "no refund for the plat spent on the boosters" or no refund of "the items missing that I should have gotten from having one" are two entire different demands.

Screengrab of the parts of my message asking for a refund.

https://imgur.com/a/g2oj8wE

I understand it would be very tricky to refund picked-up items. I'm more than happy with them just giving the plat back, or even maybe some of it. Looking back at my wording, could have been a little better in showing I was happy for a plat refund. 

Also added their reply

https://imgur.com/a/yr88G8X

Looks like a copy-and-paste reply to me. Not even sure they read my message. 

Edited by EpicHogBoy
  • Like 2

While it sucks, and I'd personally think they should offer some sort of greater compensation (more so than the Lotus alert that they ran with Rune Marrow as the reward), I also think its probably unlikely that anything will be done. Resource boosters did work for most of the Duviri resources, (as far as I am aware), and resources outside Duviri, it was really only Rune Marrow that was the issue. So its a contentious, because you (as in those of us who had boosters, myself included) were getting some value out of the boosters, and that can't just be overlooked because one specific resource wasn't being counted. Though of course, its still a broader issue, since alternatively its peoples Plat, a currency, involving real world currency and value, and peoples time, and such things should be avoided. Rune Marrow can be an annoying resource to try farm, and the first few weeks when player engagement is so high... So its a bit tricky trying to balance the value we did extract and receive versus ideas and types of compensation. 

Some may want say... a free Resource Drop Booster for next weekend and make it a Double Resource weekend. Others might want a 2 week Resource Drop Booster, some may be happy with another Gift of the Lotus alert for 30 Rune Marrow (I think 30? Maybe it was only 20?). Some may not mind much with nothing. Not really sure where I sit personally. For myself, I have probably more than enough Rune Marrow, but thats probably because I played a lot in the 2x Weekend and used my Operator a lot. For others though, I think some sort of compensation should be had, I am just not sure how they would implement it. Like is it something they just offer the entire player base? Or specifically those that brought boosters? What about people who got boosters other ways? Should they be compensated the same way? How to address the value that was gotten by boosters, which could be attained with compensation boosters or other types of compensation? The issue with issuing a direct refund with Plat is... well hypothetically if all the extra resources you did get during that time? Steel Essence, other resources, items you created with such resources, if all those were also removed if they were the result of the brought Resource booster, would a person still be keen on that? Like as an example, you'd get back 40 Plat for a 3 day booster, but all the extra resources you acquired via that booster also were removed from your account? 

Then of course its a bit frustrating, because shouldn't have had to try and think about such considerations, if ideally the issue wasn't present to start with. Though, just speaking for myself personally, and this isn't an argument or anything like that, but I assume Warframe updates will be buggy, and to not always... I did buy a booster for the new resources, but... I also brought a booster about a day after, since I usually don't play too seriously until after the first few hotfixes. Meaning, I personally already knew Rune Marrow wasn't working with boosters, but I brought one anyway, not knowing when it would be fixed, and I was still happy with my decision, because I know Warframe can have issues. Its going to have issues next update too. I personally know there is a risk involved, so. Again though, just speaking personally, not saying people shouldn't be annoyed/frustrated, but I would say, stuff like this can be anticipated. If that therefore dictates how you spend your Plat? Thats not a bad thing. I'd say a person wanting to hold DE to a higher standard isn't unreasonable. I'd say the opposite in thats it fairly reasonable. Just that I don't think its the biggest priority for DE. To put it another way, you find yourself in control of DE and you have a time machine. You are given two choices in this hypothetical. Release Duviri as it was, or delay it for a few months, again, and Rune Marrow works as current? Personally I would prefer the former, Rune Marrow not working with boosters was annoying, but for myself, the positives outweighed the negatives. 

TL;DR I don't expect them to do anything, but would be happy if proven wrong. Also, I heavily sympathise with people annoyed/frustrated, am personally not too bothered overall though. I'll still probably buy boosters the day after each update still, enjoy the game etc. 

Take care and good luck though too (with Support). 

• Like 2

To @EpicHogBoy,

I perfectly understand why the tell you no :

• First your original message is far too long and most tech have 30s to read them so they probably just fats read them
  • Second, the answer is mostly "formatted" and the typical message
  • Third, You don't know and have not use the correct format of ticket.
  • Finally Refund is a term specifically use for "give me my money back" ...

Basically, they ask you is "to make a bug report, when is is acknowledge linked it to your post and you may get your platinum" back

what need to be done when posting is ASKING FOR ONLY ONE solution :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I buy a resources booster pack on the <date> after Duviri Update and it did not work as per mention on the bug report week later inside the forums :

• "Name of the thread that confirm the bug" + Link to the same thread
  • "Name of the Update that confirm the bug being solved" + Link to the update note

As my resource booster period is <7-day> did not work during the bug duration, can you reactivate it as a gift or re-credit the <80 platinum> for me to buy it again.

Thank you and have a good day,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To @(PSN)slightconfuzzled :  your post is too long and I am very.confuzzled about it ... 😆

PS : Do not expect that techs know all the game contents, updates and bugs (they don't), Do not expect they to be in a operational state when they  read your post (it might the end of the week, coffee and sleep deprived...) : You mus explain yourself with short-clear-precise term, when posting more than 10 lines, be sure to apologise first. be polite : Say hello, good bye and add an extra (a "Good Christmas, and happy new year" rise your ticket chance solved by +200%)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RLanzinger said:

To @EpicHogBoy,

I perfectly understand why the tell you no :

• First your original message is far too long and most tech have 30s to read them so they probably just fats read them
  • Second, the answer is mostly "formatted" and the typical message
  • Third, You don't know and have not use the correct format of ticket.
  • Finally Refund is a term specifically use for "give me my money back" ...

Basically, they ask you is "to make a bug report, when is is acknowledge linked it to your post and you may get your platinum" back

what need to be done when posting is ASKING FOR ONLY ONE solution :

Hello,

I buy a resources booster pack on the <date> after Duviri Update and it did not work as per mention on the bug report week later inside the forums :

• "Name of the thread that confirm the bug" + Link to the same thread
  • "Name of the Update that confirm the bug being solved" + Link to the update note

As my resource booster period is <7-day> did not work during the bug duration, can you reactivate it as a gift or re-credit the <80 platinum> for me to buy it again.

Thank you and have a good day,

To @(PSN)slightconfuzzled :  your post is too long and I am very.confuzzled about it ... 😆

PS : Do not expect that techs know all the game contents, updates and bugs (they don't), Do not expect they to be in a operational state when they  read your post (it might the end of the week, coffee and sleep deprived...) : You mus explain yourself with short-clear-precise term, when posting more than 10 lines, be sure to apologise first. be polite : Say hello, good bye and add an extra (a "Good Christmas, and happy new year" rise your ticket chance solved by +200%)

So your defence of DE is that they don't bother to hire the right number of support agents and that they don't clue their agents into current issues? That's no defence at all. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, EpicHogBoy said:

So your defence of DE is that they don't bother to hire the right number of support agents and that they don't clue their agents into current issues? That's no defence at all. 

Yep, but having being a tech for an internet provide an a TV channel I can tell you this : they are always short-ended, always have the good info after the main users and very sadly we can't know all of the update and problem...

Like for anti-virus, The best Warframe techs is the guy/girl behind your screen. 😋

16 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

With kindness and respect, I think my post was adequate and fine as is. It was mostly for the OP, to let them know I am sympathetic to their plight, but also explaining why they shouldn't expect a refund. In such instances, I would rather be lengthly and explore different aspects of the situation, than concise, as being concise can end up seemingly like an argument, unsympathetic and in defence of a big business that does not defending or a misunderstanding, that thus needs more clarification and time later. 

Like if I were giving my own feedback I would be far more concise and my reply to you is also a lot more concise. Oh and my apologies, if you were just making a joke using my username too. Cheers. 

16 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

Yep, but having being a tech for an internet provide an a TV channel I can tell you this : they are always short-ended, always have the good info after the main users and very sadly we can't know all of the update and problem...

Like for anti-virus, The best Warframe techs is the guy/girl behind your screen. 😋

I've also worked in support before and used the platform they used for their tickets, Zendesk, a lot. I know for a fact you can set up a knowledgebase in it and also have articles trigger on keywords. If agents are not clued in, it is laziness or lack of caring on DEs part. I know time is short, but not having the time to even read a ticket, again would show a lack of care. 

A known issue like this should have been flagged on the platform so agents know when there is an incoming ticket about the issue. 

I think one of the biggest issues here is that I even need to try and reach out to support in the first place. The issue was known, but it took them over a month to fix it, there should have been some form of refund without needing to open a ticket. At the very least, after the issue was known, they should have put something on their store warning of the problem. Would have been too late for me, but would have stopped others from having the same issue. 

• Like 4

I also bought a resource booster the day Duviri released, I Wouldn't have had I known it didn't properly work for Duviri / The Circuit.  I contacted support and they told me they are unable to provide compensation and to create a thread on the forums.  I think it is DE's responsibility to compensate us for this really, I paid for a product which was never disclosed by them to not work properly. They've run scripts for refunds before, so it was really disappointing to see that they didn't run one for this, even though this time is an event which platinum, essentially real money was spent on something that didn't work right.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NothingTheta said:

I also bought a resource booster the day Duviri released, I Wouldn't have had I known it didn't properly work for Duviri / The Circuit.  I contacted support and they told me they are unable to provide compensation and to create a thread on the forums.  I think it is DE's responsibility to compensate us for this really, I paid for a product which was never disclosed by them to not work properly. They've run scripts for refunds before, so it was really disappointing to see that they didn't run one for this, even though this time is an event which platinum, essentially real money was spent on something that didn't work right.

Kind of shocked there haven't been more people making posts on this. I'm kind of newish to the game, so maybe this is just something DE pull all the time, so people don't bother. However, if this was any other game, that you paid for something, then it didn't work. I feel there would be people all over reddit, and people making a big stink about on reviews and youtube etc. I know it's another type of game, but imagine if I had paid for skin in Overwatch and it only worked on 5 out of the 6 game modes. People would be up in arms. 

I liked DE and the way they did community stuff, was thinking they weren't just another shameful game studio. Guess maybe I was wrong based on the way they've handled this. 

Having no word on a refund for the money I put into the game, just makes me not play the game. To play the game will mean putting more money in, and now I've seen how DE handle its customers.

I'm more disappointed in the way they handled this than upset about my spent plat. 

• Like 2

On 2023-06-26 at 1:27 PM, EpicHogBoy said:

Kind of shocked there haven't been more people making posts on this. I'm kind of newish to the game, so maybe this is just something DE pull all the time, so people don't bother.

You answered your own question with this one. People have very short attention spans, and bringing up an issue that becomes "older" gets you seen as "just another jaded player". The simple explanation is people just don't really value their time enough to hold games accountable for wasting it in an unnecessary fashion. I'm no exception (since I'm still here lol).

• Like 4

On 2023-06-24 at 1:18 AM, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

From the sound of it they will need more than your word. also you will need to specify if the boosters did or didnt work on non divri resources, and which divri resources the booster didnt affect etc.

I mean, DE themselves acknowledged that the resource boosters were not functioning in the Undercroft, thus were not giving you double Rune Marrow. It was in the known bugs list up until the Kullervo update, and it's in the patch notes for the Kullervo update. I feel like that part shouldn't be in question, or require the one submitting the ticket to provide evidence of a bug.

The question is whether or not they should give some sort of refund or compensation; OP is far from the only person who picked up a resource booster specifically for Duviri.

And sure, you can easily argue that "oh, well, it did appropriately boost all other Duviri resources" but it was the only resource that is really obnoxious to harvest that was affected by the bug. Because unless you were running the Circuit, you'd have only two stages where you were in the Undercroft, and thus that limited amount of time to grab Rune Marrow (at least if you were doing Duviri in general to try to harvest any other resources).

So it was more or less the one resource you would most want to use the booster on that was bugged out.

I don't think they could or should give everyone refunds -- in particular because, as noted, it was still beneficial to every other resource -- but I do think they could stand to do something like throw all active accounts a freebie three-day resource booster, especially if they do it alongside a resource boosted weekend. That way, for those who only had the resource booster for Duviri, they'd get another crack at farming some Rune Marrow with a chunky 4x boost.

And you could easily call the three-day booster just part of the overall 10th Anniversary celebration; that's a decent excuse to give it to everyone rather than trying to track down "who had a resource booster going during the Duviri launch" or whatever.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Packetdancer said:

I mean, DE themselves acknowledged that the resource boosters were not functioning in the Undercroft, thus were not giving you double Rune Marrow. It was in the known bugs list up until the Kullervo update, and it's in the patch notes for the Kullervo update. I feel like that part shouldn't be in question, or require the one submitting the ticket to provide evidence of a bug.

The question is whether or not they should give some sort of refund or compensation; OP is far from the only person who picked up a resource booster specifically for Duviri.

And sure, you can easily argue that "oh, well, it did appropriately boost all other Duviri resources" but it was the only resource that is really obnoxious to harvest that was affected by the bug. Because unless you were running the Circuit, you'd have only two stages where you were in the Undercroft, and thus that limited amount of time to grab Rune Marrow (at least if you were doing Duviri in general to try to harvest any other resources).

So it was more or less the one resource you would most want to use the booster on that was bugged out.

I don't think they could or should give everyone refunds -- in particular because, as noted, it was still beneficial to every other resource -- but I do think they could stand to do something like throw all active accounts a freebie three-day resource booster, especially if they do it alongside a resource boosted weekend. That way, for those who only had the resource booster for Duviri, they'd get another crack at farming some Rune Marrow with a chunky 4x boost.

And you could easily call the three-day booster just part of the overall 10th Anniversary celebration; that's a decent excuse to give it to everyone rather than trying to track down "who had a resource booster going during the Duviri launch" or whatever.

Not sure a 3 days booster would be a replacement for the month-long booster I got. As you expect I played the update the most when it first came out, I wouldn't have played it that much again. So even with the booster back, it won't give me what I should have. However, a 3 days booster for everyone would at least be something. As I said in another post. I'm not really that annoyed by the lost plat, or resources, more the way DE have opted to handle this. 

• Like 1

Yeah, the reason I hypothesized a 3-day booster is that it was only one resource that was affected; everything else in Duviri (Yao Shrubs, dracroot, aggristone, etc.) was still properly boosted. 

(As was anything outside of Duviri—Void traces, etc.—but we'll just focus on Duviri here.)

You could do a partial refund, I suppose? Or maybe they've got records and could take your total collected Rune Marrow (up to Kullervo and the fix) and double it? But just giving a three-day booster and running a booster weekend seems simpler and still reasonable; folks who feel shorted on the marrow could farm it at a 4x rate, and it would give people a chance to stock up further on Duviri resources in general.

(And it'd be a nice anniversary celebration perk anyway.)

• Like 2

Resource boosters also didn't work for The Circuit excavation for Cryotic or Resources from Maw Fishing at launch either, I just feel they could've done a lot of things to make it right with those who spent platinum on a booster for this update and they really haven't done anything except fixing the initial problem.  I was a bit annoyed with how long the booster remained broken for Cryotic and Rune Marrow but didn't say anything because I just expected that when they eventually fixed it, those who were affected would receive some sort of compensation which we have received none of.  Ideally, I would just want them to run a script to double Cryotic / Rune Marrow obtained in Duviri / The Circuit while having a booster active. But we will see if they do anything.

• Like 1

On 2023-06-24 at 10:31 AM, EpicHogBoy said:

Yep, made a ticket with support. They just told me they couldn't help and to go to the forums

That is a really bad response by DE. They know nothing can be done in the forums.

As far as the booster goes, it worked fine for me for everything other than Rune Marrow. And they relatively quickly(or it worked all along?) changed it so the booster worked with your operator when you picked up rune marrow.

Partial compensation, sure. That is like 10% of the purchase cost. It is a minor loss. I would be more upset about crashing during a 2 hour run.

Edited by Frendh
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Frendh said:

And they relatively quickly(or it worked all along?) changed it so the booster worked with your operator when you picked up rune marrow.

I am fairly sure it always worked on Operator/Drifter in the Undercroft, it was just as a Warframe in there that the booster was broken.

• Like 1