Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When will you fix the host migration?! Everything collected is lost!

-EPECb-

In Duviri, after the victory over the snake, the host migrated and those who remained on the map after loading could not leave the map, they had to leave it manually. And all my rewards are gone! This is connected not only with the Duviri map. DE, you don't pay enough attention to the players who join the host - these guys constantly have some kinds of errors of various kinds. Sometimes the ephemera does not work correctly or the skin of the frame does not display the effects of abilities on the helmet (the whole body radiates the effect and the head remains the same as it was without the effect).

For example there is such a problem:

...and no one does fix it. This error has been around for many, many months now!

Make more checkpoints to save loot (for example, the command in the menu: "Save everything and exit") or give the players a special command in the chat, do something with these already! These problems roam from patch to patch year after year! It is not normal lose loot in a game based on loot picking!

And you can already convert the /ustuck command into a regular button somewhere in the menu! I'm already tired of entering this command every time in your game. Often players just waste time for typing. This wasting precious time in the gameplay. For example, in State of Decay 2 there is a radio command that brings you back to normal if you are stuck somewhere WITHOUT ANY WRITING IN SOME CHAT! Just one button... is it difficult? 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, -EPECb- said:

It is not normal lose loot in a game based on loot picking!

I've been saying for a while now they should bring their server sync calls (like when you collect & use a decree in duviri, or a fish / mining / bounty in other open worlds) to regular missions too, like doing an endless arbitration or survival for 2 hours and then your host migrates or your PC crashes and you kinda just wasted your time, and it does not feel good. Sure support can get it sorted if you have screenshots and names, but that's so much extra work for something that a server call could avoid even with very light usage (i.e. every wave, or even every 5 waves or 5 mins).

I'm unsure if the losses in duviri are visual or not, since the session should sync up until that host migration but since the game is technically creating a "new session" it might completely lose the old one in the process somehow. I'd really like some more insight into how it handles this, as its P2P architecture is unique in that it has many challenges and I'm curious what steps they're taking to preserve mission data between clients since it just feels like a lot of things get lost somehow.

Just to reassure people, the intent is that your rewards in Duviri are saved after each activity that you do which rewards a decree point. This includes immediately after defeating the dragon. While losing the portal functionality is an issue is that we're aware of and working on, from our testing it's very unlikely that you actually lost any rewards that were given

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

from our testing it's very unlikely that you actually lost any rewards that were given

Host migration had many issues for as long as it existed. It often breaks scripts which makes you unable to finish the mission(so you have to abort it and lose all the progress), it sometimes makes you lose loot, sometimes it's exp that you lose. If it happens when you and the next host are at extraction, the probability of losing loot(or some part of it) increases by a lot.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, -EPECb- said:

they had to leave it manually. And all my rewards are gone! This is connected not only with the Duviri map.

This is a UI issue, not a loot issue. The game saved your loot the moment the mission was compleated (in this case decree collected). However when the host left and a new host was chosen, the game 'reset' its counting as if this was a new session. But everything you picked up was still there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Just to reassure people, the intent is that your rewards in Duviri are saved after each activity that you do which rewards a decree point.

Does this include  Circuit points?  Can it include  Circuit points?  I can't communicate what an enormous relief this would be as long as faulty host migrations exist there.  As it stands, when the host leaves, everybody leaves...if they get the chance.  If the host loses their connection or pulls a last second gotcha at the continue screen, they're probably screwed.  

Whenever I play Circuit, and I'm not the host, I'm anxious that any progress we make is going to just disappear.  (Not that my connection is infallible, I just know I'm not going to ditch intentionally without letting everybody know in advance.)

If it were just a matter of screwing up and failing the objective, I wouldn't care.  But host migration failures and a few soft locks are killing the fun of this game mode for me.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Megazawr said:

it sometimes makes you lose loot, sometimes it's exp that you lose

I do know the bonus affinity is sometimes not counted in certain conditions, but many of the "mission failed" screens or otherwise that pop up are purely visual; I don't know if it's because the engine got confused what the previous session was, but in all times I've had this occur I did receive rewards in my inventory. Some people have shown situations where it does not though, so that's my main confusion & curiosity in how these things are synced.

They do really need to address the "mission failed" screen though, as it's extremely misleading if things are actually saved for the "previous" session but not the current on a migration, or if a migration fails. I see a lot of posts about it and the result is always "check your inventory", but not everyone remembers what they did or didn't receive in a mission. Maybe a mission history log might help this confusion to be honest.

4 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Just to reassure people, the intent is that your rewards in Duviri are saved after each activity that you do which rewards a decree point. This includes immediately after defeating the dragon. While losing the portal functionality is an issue is that we're aware of and working on, from our testing it's very unlikely that you actually lost any rewards that were given

Host loads quicker and laves or disconnect happens midway  - so you could still lose reward.
Could you just auto save right after the Wyrm is killed? the decree is completely pointless there and its only confusing (some people might not even bother picking it)

And please autosave after every round in circuit to avoid losing all progress on host migration and people being scared of it and having to leave even when they want to go on.

10 часов назад, chaotea сказал:

This is a UI issue, not a loot issue. The game saved your loot the moment the mission was compleated (in this case decree collected). However when the host left and a new host was chosen, the game 'reset' its counting as if this was a new session. But everything you picked up was still there.

10 часов назад, [DE]Momaw сказал:

The reward that is given after defeating the serpent has been lost. Immediately after the victory, the host left the game, the portal was blocked, and I had to exit manually. Then I looked in the inventory and did not find a reward in it. For example, most likely those plants that I collected before acquiring the last decree were preserved, but the main reward for defeating the snake was definitely not preserved.

Guys, just try to make more checkpoints, it will solve a lot of problems considering that your game is full of bugs.

Edited by -EPECb-

10 часов назад, Tiltskillet сказал:

If it were just a matter of screwing up and failing the objective, I wouldn't care.  But host migration failures and a few soft locks are killing the fun of this game mode for me.

Quite right. Not so long ago I lost 1 hour in empty on the Chain. There was a migration and everything was lost and in vain. The disappointment knew no bounds that day.

Why are there no checkpoints for progressing of rewards in this mode? Is it so difficult? The bar filled up - the checkpoint worked ... it should be so. Although it is desirable that checkpoints work after changing the card and task in this mode.

Edited by -EPECb-
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, -EPECb- said:

just try to make more checkpoints,

There is a checkpoint every time you get a decree. If you opened the box, it would have saved. Remember that the reward for doing the dragon is 10 pathos clamps (15 for steel path). If you dont have any pathos clamps thats an issue, but otherwise its likely you miss-counted (happens to all of us).

11 hours ago, Monolake said:

Host loads quicker and laves or disconnect happens midway  - so you could still lose reward.

Only if the host leaves before opening the box. However the moment any player opens the box the rewards are saved.

REMINDER: When host is re-assigned, the UI counts this as a 'new session', and doesnt show rewards already given that mission, or player stats (think this can be different if you are the new host).

(some people might not even bother picking it)

1: You have to open the chest to leave the arena.

2: It saves on recieving a decree, not picking a buff. The moment you get the notification it has saved.

autosave after every round in circuit

It does, because it saves when you get a decree. You get a decree at the end of every round.

Do note that it doesnt save the Circuit progress points however as these are only saved on extraction.

5 hours ago, -EPECb- said:

Why are there no checkpoints for progressing of rewards in this mode?

As far as im aware its a deliberate design choice, so that being wise enough to extract before you fail is part of the risk / reward.

16 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Just to reassure people

Seeing these worries alot on forumns, maybe we need an ingame tooltip in the duviri mission selection screen. Maybe a hover over or question mark button that gives more of an in depth explinasion of how saving works. Something similar for open world too as I still see people confused about that too.

3 hours ago, chaotea said:

However the moment any player opens the box the rewards are saved.

Nah Iv lost clamps when host opened it and then disconnected and I couldnt even exit the mission since the final exit portal stopped working and I had to 'abandon'.

There are waaaay too many bugs with host migration, DE needs to auto-save rewards and progress to mitigate it.

Edited by Monolake
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Monolake said:

Nah Iv lost clamps when host opened it and then disconnected and I couldnt even exit the mission since the final exit portal stopped working and I had to 'abandon'.

There are waaaay too many bugs with host migration, DE needs to auto-save rewards and progress to mitigate it.

This might be a bug, because ive been in similar situations and kept everything. You need to send logs to support. If it was easy to fix they'd just do it.

Edited by chaotea

В 29.06.2023 в 15:39, chaotea сказал:

There is a checkpoint every time you get a decree. If you opened the box, it would have saved. Remember that the reward for doing the dragon is 10 pathos clamps (15 for steel path). If you dont have any pathos clamps thats an issue, but otherwise its likely you miss-counted (happens to all of us).

В 29.06.2023 в 04:05, Monolake сказал:

I was looking for chests and additional tasks to save progress after defeating the snake because the exit portal from the mission was blocked after the host migration, BUT THEY WAS NOT ON THE MAP! In this mode, there are no additional tasks to save progress ... And the reward for the snake is only given when the mission is completed by exiting it through the portal. If there were additional tasks on the map and the reward was counted IMMEDIATELY after defeating the snake, then I could save it, but this is not possible ...

18 часов назад, chaotea сказал:

This might be a bug, because ive been in similar situations and kept everything. You need to send logs to support. If it was easy to fix they'd just do it.

... if it's hard for them to fix these mistakes, then let them add more checkpoints - this is what we are talking about.

Edited by -EPECb-

1 hour ago, -EPECb- said:

... if it's hard for them to fix these mistakes, then let them add more checkpoints - this is what we are talking about.

I think the point chao is making is that receiving a decree, which happens immediately after the Orowyrm fight, does save your progress - it's a checkpoint. If it's not doing that, then that's a specific bug that would be reported (it could occur for various reasons, like network desync or host migration or anything). The number of calls it makes to the server to sync mission progress in Duviri Experience isn't generally the issue, but it not syncing it when making a call (i.e. if the session ID gets changed due to migration) is.

No amount of more checkpoints will resolve that if it's lost track of what the current session progress is, it's its own separate issue / bug. I know this occurs visually in UI end mission results, which is a problem, but if it's occurring functionally (not receiving item) then that's a whole separate problem too, and only logs and support (to see the other rewards players in the session received) can really help DE figure out where the issue lies in regards to that.

On 2023-07-01 at 4:41 AM, -EPECb- said:

No, you're just saying 'add more checkpoints' but you're not talking about it. You just saying 'add more checkpoints' over and over like that somehow makes it clear.

So the system as it is right now: You get a checkpoint every time you compleate an event that gets you a reward.

With that in mind, where do you want more checkpoints? What triggers that checkpoint? And how will that checkpoint stop you from getting screwed by host migration? (spoiler, it wont).

What your asking for is more checkpoints, but its not the solution to your problem. What you need is a trigger in the boss area that will alow you to warp back to the main island, and a trigger to extract that isnt proximity based (as the door seems prone to breaking).

• 1 month later...

Just signed to the website to say,it happens so often that it just broke me today, was an hour into conjunction survival missio on circulis lua, and the guy left...and the host migration kick me from the game...and all the parts of voruna and all the tryx plasma everything i got in mission is gone...and i just need to be fine with that?

• 4 weeks later...

Host just bailed before the worm and got kicked to my orbiter with absolutely nothing to show for the grind. How am I supposed to grind out a warframe when I can't even stay in a mission if the host bails? Sure, I can attempt to solo in a co-op game, but that's kind of missing the entire point.