Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Issue with ESO Players

I find a lot of people also leave when there is someone nuking the map which leaves them with barely anything to do. Even if they are there to level, they also like to shoot things themselves. I don’t mind if someone is doing all the work as I get to play the tourist and explore tile design details which I usually have no time to do. 

• Like 4

That is not the worst part of ESO, at all.

The worst part is how it's a game mode to collect focus points, but on host migration they delete your progress for that whole round, everytime a player leaves.

That is straight up by developer design and 100% the developer's fault, always is.

A player could be new to the game, young, not even speak english, etc. clueless for any number of reasons, but the developers cannot claim innocence by ignorance, everything is their fault at all times, for forever.

Round 1 you do not get focus points... because???

Nah, that doesn't start until round, where everyone starts leaving creating host migration and messing the whole situation up.

It's another one of those, none of you ever actually played this game mode did you?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, (PSN)keybladermills said:

While i appreciate the methods of which you posted here for leveling things easier, that is not the point of this post I made. The point is that, at the end of the day, this is a MULTIPLAYER game. If i have to do something solo, it defeats the purpose of the game. 

Its a multiplayer game.  That's why you cannot complain other people don't do what you want.

Other players do not exist to serve you your content. if everyone else is wanting to leave after 2 rounds, then you need to join them, make your own group, or play solo.

There are many ways to get a group that will want to do 8 rounds, social media on a clan is probably the best way, this forum even has a recruitment section and there is a in-game recruit chat. I found the best way was to talk to people at the beginning - "how long we going for?" is easy to do, and if people want to continue (as often the "problem" is self-reinforcing, nobody stays if they think they're the only one staying, so they leave, making everyone else think of leaving early too). So you set the expectations. Sure, some are there to level and will leave once that's done but many will stay for 8 rounds if you make it attractive to them.

But what you absolutely cannot do is just complain other people don't do what you want.

Edited by CephalonCarnage
  • Like 2

I have reached a point where I am hardly bothered by levelling of weapons , so instead of going to xp farms in case I need to forma a new weapon , i just do some missions in my to do list , like the nightwave or some fissures or sp incursions.

So I steadily build experience and learn the respective gears unique characteristics , and by the time I am fully levelled i now know what is it's most suitable build and where it shines and where it fails all while actually getting some useful things in parallel.

I very rarely hit the onslaught nowadays. So I would recommend to enjoy the game and stop trying to level dump.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CephalonCarnage said:

Its a multiplayer game.  That's why you cannot complain other people don't do what you want.

Other players do not exist to serve you your content. if everyone else is wanting to leave after 2 rounds, then you need to join them, make your own group, or play solo.

There are many ways to get a group that will want to do 8 rounds, social media on a clan is probably the best way, this forum even has a recruitment section and there is a in-game recruit chat. I found the best way was to talk to people at the beginning - "how long we going for?" is easy to do, and if people want to continue (as often the "problem" is self-reinforcing, nobody stays if they think they're the only one staying, so they leave, making everyone else think of leaving early too). So you set the expectations. Sure, some are there to level and will leave once that's done but many will stay for 8 rounds if you make it attractive to them.

But what you absolutely cannot do is just complain other people don't do what you want.

While your point is valid on the first part, i specified that people are leaving on Zone 1. If it was 2 Zones then leaving, then i wouldn't be complaining about that particular circumstance. I was not complaining about people not doing what i want. You just took my complaining about the issue as me complaining about people. That is not the intent of the post. The post is me highlighting a problem that keeps getting worse as time goes on.

1 minute ago, (PSN)keybladermills said:

While your point is valid on the first part, i specified that people are leaving on Zone 1. If it was 2 Zones then leaving, then i wouldn't be complaining about that particular circumstance. I was not complaining about people not doing what i want. You just took my complaining about the issue as me complaining about people. That is not the intent of the post. The post is me highlighting a problem that keeps getting worse as time goes on.

Perhasps change the title of the thread then, "The Issue with ESO Players".

I haven't had any meaningful issues with ESO, but maybe that's because we're after different things?  Is there a reason you want to do long ESO runs?  The bulk of the community uses ESO to quickly level gear, and generally speaking somewhere from 2 to 4 rounds is enough to get back to the level cap, at which point there's no reason to stay.

22 hours ago, (PSN)keybladermills said:

Trying to randomly matchmake is even worse since i get people who leave after Zone 1

For whatever it's worth, I woulds say that leaving before Zone 2 completes is a courteous thing to do, as replacement match-making functions until Zone 3 begins.  This means someone leaving after Zone 1 isn't leaving you one person down for the rest of your run, because a sub will be put in who will likely play longer.

On 2023-07-09 at 3:26 PM, (PSN)keybladermills said:

1: I can solo it, but i want fast levels, not to solo it.
 2: Ranking gear. It's slower solo than it is with a full squad.

The reason most people leave early, or after zone 1, is because with buffs you can 0-30 a weapon in the first 2 zones when getting the first reward.  So they're done ranking.

• Like 1

On 2023-07-10 at 3:54 AM, (PSN)keybladermills said:

You get less EXP doing solo than with other people, with the way DE made the affinity system. I can solo no problem, and i'm not trying to control anyone. All i'm saying is that this same issue has been getting more frequent.

Try ivara stealth adaro run, with affinity booster one run is enough to lvl any weapon to max solo. It's what i do because i dislike eso and it's frustrations.