Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Issue with ESO Players

This has been a problem ever since it released, but now it's getting to the point that trying to level grind is ridiculous. I try to recruit for long runs, only to get people who leave early for whatever reason. Trying to randomly matchmake is even worse since i get people who leave after Zone 1, only to get people who do the same the next time. This community is getting worse as the years go by. It makes long time players like myself not want to play the game anymore.

Edit: Seems like 80% of the people so far think i am complaining about "people not doing what i want". Let me clarify further: I am "complaining" about how this issue is getting worse as time goes on and that the community is making said issue escalate even more. I don't mind if people want to leave for various reasons, but this is so frequent that it makes the game mode not worth doing, which will make it die out fast, and i do not want that.

Edited by (PSN)keybladermills
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, (PSN)keybladermills said:

I try to recruit for long runs, only to get people who leave early for whatever reason.

You're blaming the community for something outside our control, we can't boss other players around into doing what you want to do.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Can't control how other players play. That's why I try to get better playing solo.

You get less EXP doing solo than with other people, with the way DE made the affinity system. I can solo no problem, and i'm not trying to control anyone. All i'm saying is that this same issue has been getting more frequent.

• Like 2

Why can't you solo it? I assume you got Khora from SO already... she can do ESO all by herself.

EDIT: Are you doing this for focus or to rank gear? With focus, you can just put a lens on the Warframe and kill with Warframe abilities.

Edited by nslay

6 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

You're blaming the community for something outside our control, we can't boss other players around into doing what you want to do.

You're right, i can't, but the point i'm making is that this issue of leaving after 1 wave is getting more frequent and making players who don't have groups have to spend more time grinding than is necessary. 

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

Why can't you solo it? I assume you got Khora from SO already... she can do ESO all by herself.

EDIT: Are you doing this for focus or to rank gear? With focus, you can just put a lens on the Warframe and kill with Warframe abilities.

1: I can solo it, but i want fast levels, not to solo it.
 2: Ranking gear. It's slower solo than it is with a full squad.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

A bit dramatic, but if clicking on a button to go back inside ESO is too much then I understand that life can be hard sometimes. Good luck sir.

A bit rude to be dissing someone's topic of discussion for laziness rather than actually giving a valid point.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, (PSN)keybladermills said:

1: I can solo it, but i want fast levels, not to solo it.
 2: Ranking gear. It's slower solo than it is with a full squad.

Well, as I play solo almost exclusively, I often rush-rank gear using stealth kills... particularly in Spy missions (which also rewards some extra XP for perfect vault hacks). You can run 1-2 of these missions and max gear in about the same time as you can in ESO.

Disclaimer: While the stealth kill affinity multiplier works very nicely for melee weapons, it does not work great for all primaries/secondaries. Some weapon classes like shotguns will not register stealth kills correctly due to multi-shot... but this does work for a lot of weapons! Just make head-shots on enemies (but never enemies that witness a stealth kill, much like stealth finishers).

Another option is to play SP Circulus which attracts players who often stay at least 20 minutes... Bring some unranked weapons you want to max. SP Mirror Defense also often attracts players who will stay 20+ minutes... if you like Mirror Defense.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (PSN)keybladermills said:

A bit rude to be dissing someone's topic of discussion for laziness rather than actually giving a valid point.

There's no valid point to give, as you're only venting about something completely out of everyone's control.....

I was respecting your intelligence by not listing all the other ways to level up, because I know that you know this, already.

But....we have hydron, you can subsume silence and get stealth kills on Adaro, you can buy an affinity booster as well for the above methods. 

I personally just level slowly spamming quick fissures so I can get things to sell and also level up passively. Just some suggestions. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nslay said:

Well, as I play solo almost exclusively, I often rush-rank gear using stealth kills... particularly in Spy missions (which also rewards some extra XP for perfect vault hacks). You can run 1-2 of these missions and max gear in about the same time as you can in ESO.

Disclaimer: While the stealth kill affinity multiplier works very nicely for melee weapons, it does not work great for all primaries/secondaries. Some weapon classes like shotguns will not register stealth kills correctly due to multi-shot... but this does work for a lot of weapons! Just make head-shots on enemies (but never enemies that witness a stealth kill, much like stealth finishers).

Another option is to play SP Circulus which attracts players who often stay at least 20 minutes... Bring some unranked weapons you want to max. SP Mirror Defense also often attracts players who will stay 20+ minutes... if you like Mirror Defense.

While i appreciate the methods of which you posted here for leveling things easier, that is not the point of this post I made. The point is that, at the end of the day, this is a MULTIPLAYER game. If i have to do something solo, it defeats the purpose of the game. 

• Like 5

Just now, (PSN)keybladermills said:

While i appreciate the methods of which you posted here for leveling things easier, that is not the point of this post I made. The point is that, at the end of the day, this is a MULTIPLAYER game. If i have to do something solo, it defeats the purpose of the game. 

Well, the best you can do is pre-made squads where everyone agrees to stay. For low-level pub missions (like ESO), you can't really expect random pub players to stay... these are typically newer players, you know?

So if you want an endurance multiplayer experience in a random pub where you can rank gear, well you need to go where random endurance players go... places like SP Circulus or SP Mirror Defense. Sometimes these players will appear in Survival Void Fissures too (both normal and SP).

• Like 2

Well, I could assume that OP is just venting a little and wishes that ESO was improved a little so that players with dramatically different goals, led some to only doing 1 round where as some may want to go longer, and in PUG groups, for the experience and not because they could be doing something specifically solo... OR... I could assume that OP is trying to magically control and force people, getting really upset and angry and forceful, and never realised that there was a solo mode, because they were so wound up, probably as the result of trying to use supernatural control and manipulation abilities on large sections of the population, to forcibly force them to do their bidding, but failing, because such abilities do not exist, but maybe my message on the forums will force and control OP to realise this. 

Its not always successful, and I tend to do this more in Circuit OP, but some friendly communication and banter at the beginning can often get PUG groups to stick around longer. Talk about your builds, ask Host how long they think they want to go, warm greetings etc. Sometimes when people play Warframe, well it can be like following a pattern of sorts, but if you break that monotony up a little, and people interact, can feel nice, chill, friendly and unless people have a very specific goal or time issues, will tend to stay grouped, Which can be nice, ESO does kind of suffer from having different goals/rewards (some are there to level, and if they have an XP booster, won't take long, some are there for Vandal guns, some for Nightwave, some just for a fun experience). 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Well, I could assume that OP is just venting a little and wishes that ESO was improved a little so that players with dramatically different goals, led some to only doing 1 round where as some may want to go longer, and in PUG groups, for the experience and not because they could be doing something specifically solo... OR... I could assume that OP is trying to magically control and force people, getting really upset and angry and forceful, and never realised that there was a solo mode, because they were so wound up, probably as the result of trying to use supernatural control and manipulation abilities on large sections of the population, to forcibly force them to do their bidding, but failing, because such abilities do not exist, but maybe my message on the forums will force and control OP to realise this. 

Its not always successful, and I tend to do this more in Circuit OP, but some friendly communication and banter at the beginning can often get PUG groups to stick around longer. Talk about your builds, ask Host how long they think they want to go, warm greetings etc. Sometimes when people play Warframe, well it can be like following a pattern of sorts, but if you break that monotony up a little, and people interact, can feel nice, chill, friendly and unless people have a very specific goal or time issues, will tend to stay grouped, Which can be nice, ESO does kind of suffer from having different goals/rewards (some are there to level, and if they have an XP booster, won't take long, some are there for Vandal guns, some for Nightwave, some just for a fun experience). 

The first assumption is correct. i may try socializing more, but i doubt it will help. Thank you for bringing up some solutions to the topic i made. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (PSN)keybladermills said:

The first assumption is correct. i may try socializing more, but i doubt it will help. Thank you for bringing up some solutions to the topic i made. 

Yeah I get ya. I thought it was a bit humorous. I know some other posters likely had the best intentions, I just thought it was funny they thought the best way to address your points, were to tell you, you can't control other peoples behaviour (stating the obvious to OP/you doesn't count? OP/you will magically think, oh my gosh, they are right!!!), or just thinking that you are wanting to control people? As opposed to, you know, just wishing things were different. Just a tiny bit funny. 

That also being said, I can be guilty of stating the obvious in threads too, or being glib, sarcastic, dismissive, too, so I can see where some of them are coming from. 

So yeah no worries, I used to be frustrated with ESO for similar reasons. I could solo, but I liked playing with others and PUGS. There are game modes I enjoy much more though, and those tend to get more consistent group play. Circuit, Archon Hunts, etc There is another thread suggesting a Steel Path ESO, and if they ever do that, I do hope they make improvements on it so the people that play it have a more similar goal/reward structure. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KIREEK said:

You do realize you fall into that category it's funny how people contradict themselves when they try to prove other individuals wrong try finding a mirror to look in and might help someday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Yeah I get ya. I thought it was a bit humorous. I know some other posters likely had the best intentions, I just thought it was funny they thought the best way to address your points, were to tell you, you can't control other peoples behaviour (stating the obvious to OP/you doesn't count? OP/you will magically think, oh my gosh, they are right!!!), or just thinking that you are wanting to control people? As opposed to, you know, just wishing things were different. Just a tiny bit funny. 

That also being said, I can be guilty of stating the obvious in threads too, or being glib, sarcastic, dismissive, too, so I can see where some of them are coming from. 

So yeah no worries, I used to be frustrated with ESO for similar reasons. I could solo, but I liked playing with others and PUGS. There are game modes I enjoy much more though, and those tend to get more consistent group play. Circuit, Archon Hunts, etc There is another thread suggesting a Steel Path ESO, and if they ever do that, I do hope they make improvements on it so the people that play it have a more similar goal/reward structure. 

Finally, someone who gets the point of what i was talking about. if we get SP ESO, that would be interesting. Also, i'm used to getting replies from people who want to put words in other people's mouths. you just got to keep to the facts and stick with the topic of discussion. Eventually, you will find people who respond with some common sense.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (PSN)keybladermills said:

This has been a problem ever since it released, but now it's getting to the point that trying to level grind is ridiculous. I try to recruit for long runs, only to get people who leave early for whatever reason. Trying to randomly matchmake is even worse since i get people who leave after Zone 1, only to get people who do the same the next time. This community is getting worse as the years go by. It makes long time players like myself not want to play the game anymore.

And I agree with this topic I see the problem with it The thing is sadly not much people are going to try to stick in if they don't get much out of it communication is one thing but it does not always solve the issue this most likely is a permanent problem we're just going to have to deal with.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I like how it's an explanation I agree with there's different type of players I just try to accept that's how it is there's good days and bad days with ESO.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (PSN)keybladermills said:

Never really had a problem with pubs, though I'll stay until round 8 regardless if players leave, guess that's the Solo player coming out in me. :satisfied:

• Like 1

All you can really do it try to form a group in recruiting stating that you want to go to round 8 or more. Try looking for people that want the Vandal weapon drops as they might be more likely to stay to 8. Also friend anyone that you find also wants to run 8s.

• Like 1

vor 11 Stunden schrieb (PSN)keybladermills:

that's a very old topic. and the problem is everywhere!!!!!1
it is clear that most players have exp boosters and maybe few levels are missing...

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where is the NEW content for ESO??????????????????????????????
WHERE????????????????????

good rewards for full 8 zone run and we have long runs again!!!!!!!!

but of course the players are to blame for the fact that only lousy updates have been coming out here for many months or even years, which offer almost nothing at all for real WARFRAME content.

• Like 1