Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbral Rage

(XBOX)JackTheRiper713

Imagine- 

What if D.E implemented a type of “Rage Meter” for Excalibur Umbra. Now, what do I mean by this? The meter would be almost like his impatience being he is sentient. The longer you go, without allowing him to be able to control himself, the “rage bar” will increase. And what happens when the bar fills completely? Well I would like to imagine something almost like the Sacrifice quest *spoilers ahead FYI*

where he reaches out and grabs you straight out of transference and throws you to the side making it so you cannot control him anymore. BUT, only for a few seconds, and in that few seconds he could be in a “Umbral Rage” where he is invulnerable and does increased damage like in the questline. But only for seconds then he’ll calm and allow you to take back control. Do note, he never attacks you, only throws to the side forcing you into operator mode. 

Now, this raises a question I had after thinking about that, how would this benefit anyone though minus the invulnerability. If you could master the bar, you gain increased ability strength, and maybe even an increased health/shields/armor that increases with the bar. 

But failing to allow him control, and you lose the ability to control him for x amount of time. And for those who don’t like the idea, why not throw it so it’s an added thing with his Agile stance, as (in my opinion) it would make sense to have that with that specific stance being it’s one of his more “feral” animations.

All in all, I thought of this as to just add to our poor friends “personality” because I can really see Umbra doing this personally (I mean the man did it once lol)

Sure, add a bit of "personality" by totally downgrading the experience with enforced "transformations". No thanks, this idea stinks.

If you want a transformation-frame, maybe check out Sevagoth, and notice that his transformation is on a meter and the act of transforming is completely in your control.

• Like 1

Mechanically bad because it takes away player agency in the game; other games with a rage meter still let you control the character even when raging, just with the 'rage' move set.

Contextually bad because the entire Sacrifice quest was about us coming to terms with, and quieting, the rage and suffering within Umbra to take away the pain. Having a rage meter would mean we undo the closure we got in that quest.

• Like 2