Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bink Bonk Bing Bong Bonk!

Turboameeba

You guessed it. Slams. We live in 2023 now. Slams are pretty obsolete in modern Warframe. You need something like Saryn or very specialized setup to make any slams work even little bit. The normal enemies to go against nowadays are Steel Path enemies. Even base SP is considered fairly lower level now. PLEASE look into slams. There is so much potential there.. How about we could for example scale slams with crits? How about giving stances that force proc statuses on slams? How about giving something to make slams fun? So much missed potential there. Everyone has dreamed about bonking something at least once.

Slams. Please make them better. We are not in 2020 pre-SP anymore. Give us the ability to scale those slams SOMEHOW. Slams should be strong as slams normally are. Now they are weaker, than even normal light attacks.

slams could uh, you know, actually scale with Mods.
and whence making such a change, be sure to make Seismic Wave (the singular slam Mod) a final Multiplier, so that it can be more relevant.

and also back off the falloff a couple notches.
the Heavy slam type has to still maintain having a reason to exist, so you would just make the falloff more gentle than it is now, leaving the Heavy slam to be the 'full on' sort of slam to get all of the bells and whistles at once but with a cost.

so like, rather than the edge of the Slam Radius being 0% Damage, it could be gentler to the effect of like..... 25%, maybe 40% Damage. leaving plenty of room for Heavy slams to offer much higher Damage.

Have you tried landing it on enemy's head directly? It IS affected by mods and does decent damage.

I am pretty sure that Slams are meant to be used for "Direct hits" as a "transition attack".  Its a move that grounds you fast while hitting an enemy. 

AoE is, in most cases, just a bonus effect. Only very few weapons have actually Damaging AoE of the Slam.

The only thing i do not like is that Slam uses same button as Aerial melee....   I'd rather have only one type of slam but on a different button.

3 hours ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

Arca Titron would like to know your location. 

Fr though, it is a slam monster. Even if it does take a bit of setup, hitting a damage cap slam on a big ass group of enemies is always crazy satisfying. 

Admittingly, Arca Titron is probably the only melee that is strong like that in slams.

My little friend Jat Kittag is one of the few weapons left in the game that actually Rag-dolls like the Good-Ol' days of Melee back when Blast Damage actually DID something!  I also recommend giving the Tenant Exec a whirl (or Wham might be more appropriate here) as it is pure comedy to watch the enemies fly off into oblivion after a love-tap from the heavy bladed weapon.   I will have to revisit the Arca Triton and see if it provides as much comedic slam relief too!

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

Change title, or someone will remove it ;)

On 2023-07-17 at 11:17 PM, Turboameeba said:

Slams are pretty obsolete in modern Warframe.

I don't think they are obsolete but they are in bad state.

How about giving something to make slams fun?

Define fun.

It's pretty nice to cancel slams (slam > roll -> you can move again). Mechanically speaking it's supper fun to do it. It was even better with shorter rolls (old Amalgam barrel diffusion). However, as you mentioned, damage/proc is a problem.

Tenet exec wave (or 3x waves with heavy) is nice to CC enemies. However aside CC it's almost unmodable aka boring.

Praedos perks (bigger slams + combo on slam) makes gaining combo fun, especially with canceling and maybe other help (school, combo chance mod etc).

Huge range of Mirage is "nice" as well.

It could be faster (maybe mod).

They could introduce more mods (e.g. less power but transform into 3 frames aka more range).

So much missed potential there.

Sadly any slams are not great.

Rhino heavy landing or Grendel/PUlverize slam are just weak. Rhino (or any frame with mod) is slow to fall to execute "hard landing". Same goes for Pulverize as you cannot Catapult yourself, afair, you just need to wait to fall. Imagine Catapulting yourself to the ground would cause slam, with more damage than your average rolling damage.

When I've tried mod my Tenet exec' waves I've not find single mod worth slotting. We need more mods and whole slams (waves of Exec or other effects) should be affected as well. Introduce weapon specific mods (e.g. Tenet exec wave now travel 5x faster but travels only 1/2 meters; affected by range like Reach)

On 2023-07-18 at 12:25 AM, taiiat said:

slams could uh, you know, actually scale with Mods.

Not for certain weapon's like Tenet exec - wave is almost unaffected by mods.

On 2023-07-18 at 1:49 AM, Kainosh said:

Have you tried landing it on enemy's head directly? It IS affected by mods and does decent damage.

I am pretty sure that Slams are meant to be used for "Direct hits" as a "transition attack".  Its a move that grounds you fast while hitting an enemy. 

AoE is, in most cases, just a bonus effect. Only very few weapons have actually Damaging AoE of the Slam.

I don't know if slams are meant for as "transition attack". What you do after slamming? Waiting to recover because you cannot move. So it's not "transition but more like "end". Sure, you can cancel it (it's nice to slam > roll > jump and repeat) but I think it's "advanced" technique.

I think it's meant to be like some kind of finisher but without whole "stealthily wait for execute finisher".

And hitting directly is nice and all... but you can do it with normal attack (which OP mentions).

2 hours ago, quxier said:

So it's not "transition but more like "end".

Depends on.....how you play.    In my case, i usually transit from aerial gunplay to ground melee with it.    Delay after slam is tiny....never gave me trouble.  When i need to keep going after it, i roll-cancel, yes.

When i move around, im usually airborne.  Slam is a quick way to land and deal some damage in the process.     

Its way faster than falling down normally and then using quick melee, especially if you were like 40 meters above and will need to glide or roll to avoid heavylanding.   I just slam and then roll/melee.