Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extra undercroft defence in SP Duviri? Thanks, I hate it.

Darkbring

Compared to every other mission type you can get in SP Duviri when you go into the extra undercroft gates, Defence is just unreasonably more difficult.
Survival? Just hang on for 5 minutes. Tedious, but it's the usual. Extermination? Kill, what, 70 normie enemies + captain split stomach and you're done. Etc.etc.

Defence? 3 waves of only eximus enemies and Thrax. With all of the eximus auras piling up on top of each other ofc. If you let them anywhere near the target they SHRED through it's HP. You have to either come in so strong you one-shot everything, or you lose.

I really doubt that it was intentional, so please fix the eximus to normal enemy spawn ratio.

Edited by Darkbring
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

This is where PSF unfortunately becomes a mandatory mod if your frame doesnt already come with knockdown immunity. I dont like that.

You can roll through the Arson Eximii's fire blast to avoid both the damage and the knockback

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

This is where PSF unfortunately becomes a mandatory mod if your frame doesnt already come with knockdown immunity. I dont like that.

Is it though?

I play Duviri SP exclusively solo, I play it daily, I haven't failed a defense yet, and I have not even bought PSF.

If your plan is to murder the eximuses before they can use their knocking-down ability, then equipping PSF is a waste of mod space.

It also helps that several Decrees incentivize rolling (for insta-reloading your weapon, plus ammo efficiency, plus 120% crit chance!), and you can roll to avoid knockdown.

So... don't waste your mod space equipping PSF. Just roll.

1 hour ago, Dhrekr said:

Is it though?

I play Duviri SP exclusively solo, I play it daily, I haven't failed a defense yet, and I have not even bought PSF.

If your plan is to murder the eximuses before they can use their knocking-down ability, then equipping PSF is a waste of mod space.

It also helps that several Decrees incentivize rolling (for insta-reloading your weapon, plus ammo efficiency, plus 120% crit chance!), and you can roll to avoid knockdown.

So... don't waste your mod space equipping PSF. Just roll.

You can't buy Primed Sure Footed. It is daily tribute reward.

Also a funny thing is you can roll through the fire ring but if you roll away too far and you are outside the area of fire ring, you can receive the damage even you dodge it already. It is very stupid that the eximus can deal the knockdown damage twice even you already evade it.

Edited by Julian083
  • Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Chewarette:

You can roll through the Arson Eximii's fire blast to avoid both the damage and the knockback

I am aware. However the extra undercroft defenses feature far more than a single eximus unit. Even more than the circuit defense stage. There are very frequently 5 or 6 arson eximi with several blast eximi on top of that. This can very easily lead to rolling to dodge one firewall but getting knocked down by the very next one hitting you coming out of your roll.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

and I have not even bought PSF.

Would be kinda hard considering it is not tradable login reward. (yes, I know what you meant).

Problem with people playing defence is that they wait for the enemies to get to the defence target (and cluster around it) instead of kiling the waves that are coming in from different sides, 1 side at the time.

Also you do not need any knockback protection if the enemy that can knocback you is dead.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

Defense has gotten a lot better, but lack of CC is still a pretty major con and lack of high radial DPS is also still a pretty major con. if you don't have atleast one of them, then good luck.

2 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

just the game in general, and very unfortunately yes.
i didn't use Sure Footed for Years, it just wasn't actually necessary so i didn't. self knockdown stuff? didn't need it for that.

but then an ever increasing amount of inability to move or attack on a regular basis? they forced me to use it after Years of not. i don't remember exactly when it was anymore though. it was before the new Eximus update, but what exactly it was that added new problems that just were the last straw.... yeah i don't remember anymore.

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

that's always been fun in theory but not that practical, well, in practice.
almost feels like Fire Eximus intentionally try to navigate somewhere outside of your Camera space to use their Fire Wave - or for an Ally/Player to come within their LoS before you do and so by the time you come into a Room or whatever else, the Fire Wave has already hit you before you had the opportunity to see the Enemy or the wave. since Fire Eximus are a lot like the Grineer Heavies with their ground smash - as soon as the LoS is met and distance check is met, they will immediately use their Fire Wave rather than trying to choose a strategic point to use it, or anything like that. 

doesn't help that the wave doesn't really make any significant sound to speak of.
i'm not -_- that it exists in the game, just that far more often than not it hits me before i even know that the Enemy exists and/or has used the Ability.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Julian083 said:

You can't buy Primed Sure Footed. It is daily tribute reward.

Also a funny thing is you can roll through the fire ring but if you roll away too far and you are outside the area of fire ring, you can receive the damage even you dodge it already. It is very stupid that the eximus can deal the knockdown damage twice even you already evade it.

Is it a tribute? Fancy that! Then I probably have it and never have leveled or used it.

... which shows you to what degree I do not care about that mod. I don't even know if I have it.

As for the damage you take... yes? The damage? The other thing I don't care about in Duviri SP? Good.

i rarely ever see the defense object take much damage when doing public group SP circuit. Excavators on the other hand....after several rotations the Thrax can basically one shot the excavators and they usually spawn close to them when started.
Gotta spot them and kill before they so much as look at them or poof...sit around a wait for a new one.
Its made worse by the fact the thrax have that stupid ghost mode attack that makes them invuln for a moment while firing those dang lasers. i think you can knock some of the ghosts out with operator but by the time you try the lasers already killed the mining device.

On 2023-07-24 at 7:34 PM, Zakkhar said:

Problem with people playing defence is that they wait for the enemies to get to the defence target (and cluster around it) instead of kiling the waves that are coming in from different sides, 1 side at the time.

You dont have time to pick a side and clear it out. They just swarm you from all sides, so unless you can literally one-shot them (which takes a decent weapon and quite a few decrees) then youre stuck trying to clear out the ones that are closest to defence target as they keep coming. This is just ridiculous compared to every other mision type you can get.

On 2023-07-25 at 5:57 PM, AnatharsWrath said:

i rarely ever see the defense object take much damage when doing public group SP circuit. Excavators on the other hand....after several rotations the Thrax can basically one shot the excavators and they usually spawn close to them when started.
Gotta spot them and kill before they so much as look at them or poof...sit around a wait for a new one.
Its made worse by the fact the thrax have that stupid ghost mode attack that makes them invuln for a moment while firing those dang lasers. i think you can knock some of the ghosts out with operator but by the time you try the lasers already killed the mining device.

Im talking specifically about extra undercoft gates in SP Duviri, not the cirquit. The ones you go to for new arcane farming.

Edited by Darkbring

On 2023-07-24 at 11:46 PM, Dhrekr said:

Is it a tribute? Fancy that! Then I probably have it and never have leveled or used it.

... which shows you to what degree I do not care about that mod. I don't even know if I have it.

As for the damage you take... yes? The damage? The other thing I don't care about in Duviri SP? Good.

Bro try to sound like veteran but ended up looking like a arrogant and ignorant tryhard.

Edited by Julian083

• 7 months later...
Le 24/07/2023 à 11:19, Darkbring a dit :

Compared to every other mission type you can get in SP Duviri when you go into the extra undercroft gates, Defence is just unreasonably more difficult.
Survival? Just hang on for 5 minutes. Tedious, but it's the usual. Extermination? Kill, what, 70 normie enemies + captain split stomach and you're done. Etc.etc.

Defence? 3 waves of only eximus enemies and Thrax. With all of the eximus auras piling up on top of each other ofc. If you let them anywhere near the target they SHRED through it's HP. You have to either come in so strong you one-shot everything, or you lose.

I really doubt that it was intentional, so please fix the eximus to normal enemy spawn ratio.

Honestly, the worst about it is : any undercroft portal can simply terminate your run if you don't have a good warframe to deal with this madness or a ton of decrees. Even OPTIONAL portals will just end your run if you have the bad luck of ending up in that defense too soon.

Currently at 6 runs in solo SP ruined just because I got that objective instead of any other (one of which happened because I accidentaly fell into a portal I didn't see). I do solo Duviri to chill essentially and this just made me alt+f4 every single time. One could argue that I could just not go in SP, but since I take my sweet time and roll on everything very fast in normal, I need the spice (not to mention the better rewards).

So basically everytime I go in Duviri SP and I don't get a good loadout selection (happens relatively frequently, most of my frames are not SP-proof), I'm obligated to stockpile on decrees before getting any actual progress done, because I have the sword of Damocles over my head and it could fall every time I go to the undercroft, making my run more of a grinding than it needs to be. My other choices are cutting my run halfway (goodbye pathos clamps and arcanes), renouncing to SP (goodbye challenge) or go multi every time (goodbye chill). Quite frustrating. I find myself playing less and less Duviri Experience as a result, even though I enjoy it.

I know Steel Path is supposed to be hard, but that in particular is a straight up no-fun, mood-killing absurdity. If the spawn was more reasonable on wave 3 (I legit struggle to find a single regular, devoid of overguard ennemy at that point, let alone aiming among all the FX), if there was more CC options around the pod (having traps all around the map is usually nice, but 90% of them are pretty much useless in defense) or if it was just more tanky... I would be perfectly ok with it. 

I'd like my defeat to be caused by my lack of focus or skill, not by bad luck and a balance flaw. It contrasts badly with the other undercroft objectives. Even in SP circuit I don't end up fighting a >95% eximus horde that fast.

It feels like a splinter in my runs, and I really hope it gets sanded down.

• Like 1