Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Prime Incarnon VS Boar Prime Incarnon

(PSN)Sentiel

Which is better at killing tough enemies like Eximus, Archons, etc? Normal and Incarnon modes included.

To elaborate, I'm using Ocucor for 99% of the enemies. Anything that isn't a boss or has Overguard dies immediately as I run by them, but when the odd 1% type enemies pop up that Ocucor can't handle, I want to have a primary weapon that removes them from existence as quickly as possible.

I was using Latron to do this until now because of the combination of its high raw damage, Double Tap, and high Riven dispo. 15 shots per clip are plenty to kill multiple Eximi too, which is better than what the likes of Kuva Hek offers.

This week, Boar Prime entered the chat and it seems like it can absolutely shred single enemies as well as whole corridors thanks to the Punch Through evolution and being full auto, so I don't have to be annoyed by the semi auto trigger.

So, which one do you prefer or do you have a weapon that can kill tough units even faster?

I don't have the boar prime incarnon yet , 

But they should both perform well enough if you are ok switching between incarnon and regular mode.

I think latron will probably perform better against bosses and boar will have better mob clearance.

The incarnon latron doesn't work with Galvanized aptitude that werll , but the boar incarnon doesn't get consistent headshots.

Regular latron has an amazing augment that can output quite a lot of damage , and boar has very high pellets.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

but when the odd 1% type enemies pop up that Ocucor can't handle, I want to have a primary weapon that removes them from existence as quickly as possible.

Felarx is what you want, extremely high single target.

Boar is a chaining beam weapon in incarnon form, much like torid.

28 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Felarx is what you want, extremely high single target.

Boar is a chaining beam weapon in incarnon form, much like torid.

It's not really fair to compare Felarx in normal mode vs Boar in Incarnon mode. How would you say the performance is between them in the same mode?

On 2023-08-02 at 1:57 PM, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

I prefer the Boar because of the full auto over the Latron for most things, but I have a good riven for it, so that may be why. Works great in normal and incarnon modes.

I have a good Riven for both, although they could be better, and they play a vital role in the comparison thanks to their high Dispo. In fact, if I had a better Boar Riven, I could significantly pump it's damage output, but RNG doesn't want to cooperate.

Contrary to the thread title, I added Felarx into the contest as well. Without a Riven though because the low dispo and the weapon's nature of being the unique anti-Crit weapon don't offer any valuable opportunities for a worthwhile Riven.

After running various tests in both Simulacrum and actual gameplay, in the end, Boar Prime had the best performance out of the three and felt most comfortable to use, but only by a hair's breadth.

Latron has the best single target potential and the Incarnon mode is fun and useful. It also allows me to boost my movement speed by 25% thanks to Amalgam Serration. On the other hand, it's semi auto, slow, and has enhanced zoom which makes scoring headshots very difficult if the enemy is too close and moves. I suppose one can just switch to Incarnon and shoot the ground then.

Ferlax is actually performing better than Latron in most cases thanks to being a full auto shotgun with infinite body punch through but suffers from long reload (can be bypassed thanks to the passive reload evolution) and small magazine size (6 shots). It is also negatively affected by Crit buffs which I use and can also receive them from my teammates randomly (Harrow for example). Lastly, it's Incarnon form is trash.

Boar Prime had even better results then Ferlax thanks to having much larger magazine size (20) and innate standard punch through (4) that allows it to hit enemies behind obstacles. It's reload speed is also slow (2.8) but has a evolution which cuts it in half, although it's currently bugged. Since it's affected by Crit buffs it synergizes well with most existing abilities and Arcanes. The Incarnon form is weak but serves well to clear fodder enemies. The main negative thing about Boar is the ridiculous recoil and no evolution that would address it, which forces me to use Primary Deadhead and Counterbalance. If I roll a good Riven with at least -80% recoil, I can switch to Shotgun Vendetta/Primary Frostbite and Galvanized Acceleration.

• Like 1

personally I like both about equally, just depends on whether I'm in the mood for rebounding discs of death or beams of annihilation.

otherwise I imagine most people would pick Boar, because semi-auto rifles and precision weapons like Latron are usually less forgiving and therefore less popular than a fully-automatic shotgun.