Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Duviri Circuit best version of weapon still sucks..

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

Question

6 answers to this question

I am pretty sure it doesn't upgrade to Dual Pistols because those are classified as a different weapon type/class in the algorithm's calculation.  I am sure you have a lot of weapons that are trash and have discarded them, because why would you keep them being they are subpar.  But you'll get them much like I do and just hope all your weapon choices are not absolute trash else you just run around looking busy but doing next to nothing in damage, Super Fun!  There are many like you, me included, who just have to deal with the "fun" weapon choices given or go back and make crappy subpar weapons again just to not have them be an option so frequently.   Yet the accolades keep coming for this unique and "fun" game mode.  So we make do or don't play. Not many other options unfortunately.  Enjoy!

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

• Like 1

If you're familiar with the way rivens or weapon augments won't apply to single/dual weapon variants, weapon "upgrades" in Duviri follow the same logic.  Dual Cestra gets upgraded to Secure Dual Cestra; Cestra doesn't upgrade to anything. It can go the other way too:  Magnus only upgrades to Magnus Prime, while Akmagnus has no upgrade.

Definitely not a bug, even if it's frustrating.  A post in Feedback about how you'd like it to work is probably more appropriate. 

Although personally I'd think something like rerolls or additional choices to be more likely improvements than DE changing upgrade paths.

• Like 1

Last I heard though they also changed the rules to   If you have mastered crap and deleted it, it will not show up in the cave or show up less frequently.  "Not Frequently" is still entirely way to freaking frequent imo.    

Change the code to make single pistols upgrade to dual pistols.

Change deleted garbage weapons to .01% chance of appearing.  

4 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Last I heard though they also changed the rules to   If you have mastered crap and deleted it, it will not show up in the cave or show up less frequently.  "Not Frequently" is still entirely way to freaking frequent imo.    

I think we all know that  DE has a different interpretation of the definition of garbage weapons and term "less frequently" and it won't be in our favor, most of the time.   Like I said before, we just have to "enjoy" the circuit only long enough to get what desired incarnon weapons we are interested in, so just consider it a necessary evil to obtain the respective prizes you want.  Doubtful DE will change much more about the Circuit as it has already gone through several iterations and this is the end result, much to my chagrin. 

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

Edited by (XBOX)sinamanthediva
grammar correction

19 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

When you go into Duviri Circuit and it rolls your random crap.  you said it would auto-upgrade stuff to the best version you own.   

But single pistols arent upgrading to dual pistol versions.  

Cestra =/= Secura Dual Cestra

bolto =/= akbolto prime 

etc etc.  

No. Those weapons are functionally separate from their single variants and the fact several of them have exclusive augments (that would not or do not work on the dual variants) just reinforces that.

4 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

It's difficult for me to weigh in on sold items as I don't have anything that qualifies for that. They have definitely adjusted the rates based on results from friends, so chances are you're just getting unlucky.

The selection algorithm won't be changed to "upgrade" single pistols to dual (because they are functionally separate weapons) and the whole idea of having multiple choices of item (intrinsics) mitigates any "subpar" choices to a large degree.