Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recommended Wisp Prime build?

(XBOX)WeeCatty

Question

18 answers to this question

47 minutes ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

steel fiber,

Why exactly? Wisp has no abilities that syngergise with armor.

As for OP, you want to Maximise STR (300+), than DUR (125ish), both range and efficiency are not important.

Unless you are using some kind of temporary STR buffs Fused Reservoir is complete waste of slot. 

4th ability is subsume target. Roar/Eclipse are all good.

Edited by Zakkhar

18 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Fused Reservoir is complete waste of slot

Completely false. Fused reservoir provides less time slapping motes down and gets you right back into gunplay (or swordplay). It is a mod that makes your experience better and does a good job at it.

20 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Why exactly? Wisp has no abilities that syngergise with armor

For fun? Is that understandable? This sounds like meta talk, ew. No such thing.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

Completely false. Fused reservoir provides less time slapping motes down and gets you right back into gunplay (or swordplay). It is a mod that makes your experience better and does a good job at it.

It takes approximately 3-4 seconds to place all three reservoirs, and you only need to place a set of them 2-4 times per mission (depending on the mission type). As you increase your skill level with Wisp, you also will find you don't even use certain reservoirs on some mission types.

Recommending the usage of Fused Reservoir as a baseline is just wrong. Especially since that slot could be used for Power Drift or Primed Sure Footed (if available to the player), both of which will contribute significantly more towards a better gameplay experience at any level.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Recommending the usage of Fused Reservoir as a baseline is just wrong. Especially since that slot could be used for Power Drift or Primed Sure Footed (if available to the player), both of which will contribute significantly more towards a better gameplay experience at any level.

Didn't say that it was required, just saying that it is a good mod at making your experience with motes better and is in fact, not a wasted use of a slot. Either way, OP wanted a good build for everything. This is my build suggestion, provide your own instead of getting riled up that someone is using an augment over PSF or Power drift (PSF is especially not needed if you use wisp correctly, and rage will provide the energy to be careless with energy usage.)

Depends really, Wisp is one of those Warframes that can be built a few different ways, and peoples tastes and preferences can make a big difference. 

For example? I personally dislike the Shock Mote. I don't negatively judge other Wisp players that use it, just myself, I dislike it, so I rarely use it, unless its say... the mission objective is specifically to CC enemies, like maybe a Steel Path Interception. As a result, I don't like Fused Reservoir at all. The convenience sounds nice, but eh, personally its not worth it for me. I also dislike a lot of range on Wisp, I would actually prefer negative range, but... that can have adverse effects on Breach Surge, and thats a great ability... I just don't use it that often. Also, since I run a very high strength Wisp... negative range is actually a plus for me, since I like to put my Motes in places that won't impede the gameplay of other players. If they want the buffs, they will have to seek them (like I will place it on a higher up platform you have to jump to, that wouldn't normally be traversed). 

See high strength Wisp can be fun, but too much fire rate can mess with peoples gun builds, make them run out of ammo, lose certain buffs, can annoy Titanias etc So being able to have a Health Mote in one place, and a Haste somewhere else, and other players have to be really close to them, for them to link... Its a plus for me. 

Perhaps start off with a general balanced build, and then see what you enjoy most about playing Wisp, and then try building around that to develop your own personal identity and playstyle?

Good luck either way! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Reservoirs scales with armor.

Which part? 

9 hours ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

For fun? Is that understandable? This sounds like meta talk, ew. No such thing.

Did he ask for fun Wisp build? I may have misread. How does exactly higher armor incorporate fun?

Edited by Zakkhar

If your are not going the min/max route that is all dur/str......

• Corrosive Projection + Power Drift
  • x3 umbra
  • stretch
  • Augur secrets
  • Adapt
  • Hunter Adrenaline
  • ??'s Hatred (archon mod that gives armor+ strength/HP ??)
  • Molt Augmented + Arcane Reaper (altho Reaper could be swapped for like Fury/Strike/something else.   Reaper gives armor + HP regen from melee kills)
  • x5 Strength Shards

This gives my Wisp about 2k HP at starting strength/mote.  She has like 600+ armor base but that jumps to 800 as soon as I get a melee kill,  my Arcane Reaper is only Rank 1 so she will get ALOT tankier.   Range mod is just for Breach mostly,  doesnt really help with motes crappy base range.  She starts at 280 strength...  but once you start racking up kills she maxes out at 340.   Just remember to refresh your motes to get the benefit of the additional strength.   Since you have low shields and you can basically heal constantly Hunter Adrenaline is a great way to stayed maxed out on energy pretty much non stop.   This lets you blast her 4 pretty often which with all that strength can melt stuff.  

This does amazeballs in SP Circuit.  Fearsome Bonanza + shock mote....   But there is also a decree that heals on status infliction thats also super nice for staying alive.   But for the first 6 rounds its no sweat.  After that your probably going to get one hit anyways.  But Adaption + Reaper + ?? Hatred makes you pretty damn tough to kill....  

I find myself wanting to play Wisp like a camper.  Just cast my HP/Haste mote and sit in the circle while I gun down everything.  My old wisp used arcane strike/fury + haste to melee everything to death.  Melee is still an option im just weaker now.

Theres probably a better aura you can give her like Swift Momentum or Brief Respite(strength aura's?)

================================

I have a question for Wisp mains tho....were shock motes changed before or after wisp prime or at all???

For a really long time I hated wisp users for using shock mote because I thought it stun locked enemies in place......

I have not been watching very carefully, and I do varied content,   but the times I have looked the enemies I shock do not get stun locked in place.....they keep moving...  now that goes against electric status effect.... some enemies are immune to crowd control now I Know but I see enemies ignoring it way to much.

If they removed stuns on shock mote that could be good and or bad...   its great for offensive wisp,  I will start slapping down shock motes in all content...   if they removed stun tho that would be bad for when you do actually NEED it for the stuns like defense/intercept/excavate etc.....

So did they change the rules on Shock mote??  Does anyone else notice inconsistant behavior with shock mote?   Can it still stun enemies and work for crowd control?? 

Edited by (PSN)AbBaNdOn_

6 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Did he ask for fun Wisp build? I may have misread. How does exactly higher armor incorporate fun

allows you to take advantage of the health regen more, which makes gameplay more comfortable (especially if you are using adaptation) which allows you to focus on more fun things. Like breaking chaos breach.

I will be honest, I did switch it out, but that is because I wanted to see what arcane guardian was like with the build and it is if I am using an umbral build, it is pretty great. I struggled to kill myself to test gladiator finesse so that was fun.

The title suggest (at least to me.) A build that each player in this post would recommend to them for everything, which tells me that it doesn't matter whether it is max strength, or a fun one as long as it gets the job done.

Edited by (PSN)EntityPendragon

4 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I have a question for Wisp mains tho....were shock motes changed before or after wisp prime or at all???

For a really long time I hated wisp users for using shock mote because I thought it stun locked enemies in place......

I have not been watching very carefully, and I do varied content,   but the times I have looked the enemies I shock do not get stun locked in place.....they keep moving...  now that goes against electric status effect.... some enemies are immune to crowd control now I Know but I see enemies ignoring it way to much.

If they removed stuns on shock mote that could be good and or bad...   its great for offensive wisp,  I will start slapping down shock motes in all content...   if they removed stun tho that would be bad for when you do actually NEED it for the stuns like defense/intercept/excavate etc.....

So did they change the rules on Shock mote??  Does anyone else notice inconsistant behavior with shock mote?   Can it still stun enemies and work for crowd control?? 

They have not changed. Shock motes can only stun 5 (every 3s) enemies at a time and it is not always the same target.

Personally dislike the argument against shock mote.

Edited by (PSN)EntityPendragon

I stack max Ability Strength with Primed Continuity, Adaptation, and full Umbral set. I also use Arcane Guardian and a combination of Azure and Crimson shards. The build is focused on max Health increase and regeneration from her Motes, which also need some armor because Adaptation itself isn't enough to guarantee your survival in Steel Path.

10 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Which part?

Vitality mote scales with armor (technically double dips on it, too). Higher armor means more EHP from the health boost, and also causes the healing to be more efficient.

Edited by Hexerin

21 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Fused Reservoir is complete waste of slot. 

20 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Recommending the usage of Fused Reservoir as a baseline is just wrong.

You guys don't like the augment, cool, let OP decide for themselves when they look at it, & don't say it's a waste with the only reason being "Because I don't like it"

11 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

You guys don't like the augment, cool, let OP decide for themselves when they look at it, & don't say it's a waste with the only reason being "Because I don't like it"

You apparently didn't even bother to read either of our posts.

21 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Unless you are using some kind of temporary STR buffs Fused Reservoir is complete waste of slot.

Went ahead and emphasized the part you failed to read from the other user's post. As for mine:

20 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Recommending the usage of Fused Reservoir .as a baseline is just wrong.

Do you understand now?

Edited by Hexerin

Just now, Hexerin said:

You apparently didn't even bother to read either of our posts.

Went ahead and emphasized the part you failed to read from the other user's post. As for mine:

Do you understand now?

Which is why I said to let OP decide

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Vitality mote scales with armor (technically double dips on it, too). Higher armor means more EHP from the health boost, and also causes the healing to be more efficient.

That is not scaling. That is not even synergy. It is just interaction. Only reason to run armor mod would be to buff the armor over 450 for certain incarnons' evolutions to be active, but non-Umbral Steel Fiber does not achieve that. I dont get why people want to invest in armor so much. If you are moving properly and use your blinds and passive invisibility you should be nowhere near dying. However if you stand still and try to "tank" enemy shots on any high SP content you will die pretty horribly. MIniscule of a second later because of that additional armor.

Edited by Zakkhar