The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recall: Ten-Zero Jack O'Naut mission feedback

dendroaspis84

Sorry devs, but you really aren't very good at explaining things. I see this new event here, I jump in and have no weapon, just a fog and enemy ghosts chasing us and pumpkins around. Game doesn't tell me what to do, just a yellow marker and red marker. And there's a door, says "power cell needed" but game doesn't tell me where to get it. So, you're expecting from us to be mind readers... Nice! To create a decent game one of the core components is explanation to tell players what to do in mission instead of putting them in some confusing mission without any explanation or tips of help...

20 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Ah, you must be new to Warframe

Have 2.9k hours spent in Warframe with mastery rank 24

18 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

That was the idea of this one; it's from an old Halloween event that even at announcement it didn't have instructions. Regardless, it's shockingly easy once you knew what the pumpkins did.

I just got carried by some random players :D

Seriously though, sometimes games letting you figure out how to do the things is part of the design... And it's not like it asked more than you going around the room close enough to the cell dispensers for the game to tell you precisely where they are...

Seriously if games always have to tell you everything to be a good game, you must not like many different games.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

I dunno... was kinda a little bit of a mystery... I thought it was fun. I also wondered if it was a "new" new thing or if it was just a new-to-me thing.

The original had sabotage caches that gave Aura Mods as rewards as well ☹️.

Man, i would like to see you on Warcraft Vanilla or Burning Crusade, with nothing but your eyes to read or understand the meaning of the quest / mechanic of the game... 

It wasn't that hard to understand that the room got something hidden, and you have to search for the "power cells"... if you want to watch the game play by itself, go on Twitch and have fun seeing someone who enjoy discovering how to play. The "quest helper" really trashed the way people play games, put the brain on standby and just kill things, grab things and don't understand why.... it make me feel sad....

4 hours ago, dendroaspis84 said:

Sorry devs, but you really aren't very good at explaining things. I see this new event here, I jump in and have no weapon, just a fog and enemy ghosts chasing us and pumpkins around. Game doesn't tell me what to do, just a yellow marker and red marker. And there's a door, says "power cell needed" but game doesn't tell me where to get it. So, you're expecting from us to be mind readers... Nice! To create a decent game one of the core components is explanation to tell players what to do in mission instead of putting them in some confusing mission without any explanation or tips of help...

Fun fact!

DE didn't explain it the first time either.

Thousands of players succeeded at it anyway. And that's without frames that can passively heal over time, like Nidus and Citrine, or with the cheese that is Operator Last Gasp to just fall over and blitz down the Jack o' with a high-end Amp.

Welcome to the fun of not having your hand held in a video game, you have to use puzzle solving skills and environmental exploration, with only vague hints and waypoints. In fact, given how old this event is, even having Waypoints that function the way they do now is a substantial boost to accessibility over the original.

17 hours ago, dendroaspis84 said:

It's not a new event, you must not have played it before where you see a door that states a power cell is needed then you look around the map for the console that you should really know roughly where they are, hack the console and drops a power cell, exploring will yield all you need.

Edit: TBH
The group I joined in the pub squad had no idea it wasn't hard to figure it out like the first time I did years ago had to remember but it came back to me, I went to a console and hacked it and took the power cell to the door.

19 hours ago, dendroaspis84 said:

I disagree, that mission was fun!
Great to play without any stuff in the dark and to figure out what to do, especially WITHOUT any quest marker.
Seems, we both define "fun" differently.

-c0y

21 hours ago, dendroaspis84 said:

Game doesn't tell me what to do, just a yellow marker and red marker. And there's a door, says "power cell needed" but game doesn't tell me where to get it. So, you're expecting from us to be mind readers... Nice!

So the game not holding your hand and explicitly telling you every single step of the way is "expecting you to be a mind reader"???

I mean seriously, what?
You get to a door that says it needs powercells and because the game doesn't tell you exactly where everything is you stand there and scratch your head and complaining that you don't know what to do instead of doing the obvious thing of, oh I don't know, looking around the room you're in?

I mean FFS there are even the powercell waypoints (exactly like what happens in excavation missions) when you get within 30 meters of the terminals you need to hack.

How much more handholding and guidance do you need to figure out what to do from there?

I would hate to see what you do in spy missions since those provide less direction of what to do than this mission does.....

Again, same problem in Thermia event. Went to navigation, see there's a Thermia event. Jumped in to do it and I ended up in Orb Valis with no Natah telling me what to do, not yellow marker, absolutely nothing. Clicked "Esc" maybe it will tell me in menu or anything about any info what to do, but nothing. Aborted mission. So, unless I need to be a mind reader to mysteriously guess what I'm supposed to do in mission or go to wiki or youtube and start watching videos, which are another waste of time.

In any game when you start misison, game tells you what to do, gives you at least marker or something what's your objective, but not in Warframe. We're supposed to be mind readers in Warframe or watch videos on Youtube...

If anyone would ask me which game frustrates me most, I would definitely answer with Warframe. It's a most frustrating game, even maps are designed to frustrate you. Games shouldn't be frustrating, they should be entertaining and Warframe clearly fails at this.

Archived