Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf Sledge Riven Bug (maybe general riven bug)

Maria_Borga

Question

Hello, I'm here to report a situation. I have been rolling a Wolf Sledge riven I had for while and got something better than what I was expecting, Negative Impact, to be specific -121.3% impact.

when I saw this I thought it was an amazing roll, removing the stat competing against Slash would improve the hammers performance by a lot, I go and test the meele and I get disapointed, even tho the element is gone from the stat list, it still applies and more often than any other on the weapon on thrown and close range attacks.

11 answers to this question

On melee the stances have some forced impact procs.

I think there must be a forced impact on the throw too.  I have a +slash riven for it, and even building for ~80% slash I'm getting an impact proc on 98% of the throws.

The wiki does have this note about the recall explosion specifically:

Deals 1554 DmgBlastSmall64 Blast damage in a 5 meter radius, unaffected by melee range mods. Has increased 2.1x Critical Multiplier, ~50% status chance and an extra chance for an DmgImpactSmall64 Impact proc.

2 hours ago, [DE]Saske said:

Both Crushing Ruin and Shattering Storm do bonus Impact damage as part of their combos.

So I assumed the OP was talking about seeing impact proc symbols.  However your answer implies something I didn't know:  that the physical damage bonuses on some combos occur despite a riven affix that removes all of that damage type.   Is it additive with the negative?    For instance, Crushing Ruin has a couple of 50% bonus impact damage combos.  Would a hypothetical riven with -150% impact reduce these to zero?  Or do these happen regardless "after" the riven penalty?

Not really important, but interesting. 

4 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

So I assumed the OP was talking about seeing impact proc symbols.  However your answer implies something I didn't know:  that the physical damage bonuses on some combos occur despite a riven affix that removes all of that damage type.   Is it additive with the negative?    For instance, Crushing Ruin has a couple of 50% bonus impact damage combos.  Would a hypothetical riven with -150% impact reduce these to zero?  Or do these happen regardless "after" the riven penalty?

Not really important, but interesting. 

Stances have forced procs. Which means the hit always procs that status effect, regardless of anything else.

They recently updated the in game combo list to show these.

Edited by --N--

12 minutes ago, --N-- said:

Stances have forced procs. Which means the hit always procs that status effect, regardless of anything else.

They recently updated the in game combo list to show these.

That's not what I was asking about.    There are also physical damage bonuses on some components of stance combos.  For instance, the wiki's article on Shattering Storm...

Many of the combos do bonus DmgImpactSmall64 Impact damage.

• The third attack of Falling Rock does 50% bonus DmgImpactSmall64 Impact damage.

• The third and fourth attacks of Pounding Smite do 50% bonus DmgImpactSmall64 Impact damage.

• The last attack of Smashing Fury does 50% bonus DmgImpactSmall64 Impact damage.

These don't always correspond to forced status procs.  In some cases, like the Machete stances, they're not even a specific physical type, but just a general bonus to physical.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Is it additive with the negative?    For instance, Crushing Ruin has a couple of 50% bonus impact damage combos.  Would a hypothetical riven with -150% impact reduce these to zero?  Or do these happen regardless "after" the riven penalty?

The IPS bonuses present in a given stance are a separate modifier to IPS mods, i.e. its (1 + IPS mod) x (1+ IPS Stance bonus), so unless the rules suddenly change for negative modifiers, -100% of a given IPS type on a riven should completely eliminate that IPS, regardless of the IPS buffs from a stance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

That's not what I was asking about.    There are also physical damage bonuses on some components of stance combos.  For instance, the wiki's article on Shattering Storm...

Many of the combos do bonus DmgImpactSmall64 Impact damage.

• The third attack of Falling Rock does 50% bonus DmgImpactSmall64 Impact damage.

• The third and fourth attacks of Pounding Smite do 50% bonus DmgImpactSmall64 Impact damage.

• The last attack of Smashing Fury does 50% bonus DmgImpactSmall64 Impact damage.

These don't always correspond to forced status procs.  In some cases, like the Machete stances, they're not even a specific physical type, but just a general bonus to physical.

Huh, don't remember this being a thing, but those bonuses would most likely just be nulled if you have no impact on the weapon, or in the case of physical, reduced proportionally.

I doubt it's adding sourceless impact damage.

2 hours ago, Maria_Borga said:

I'll still use the Sigma & Octantis to feel cool I guess, thank you all for your time explaining !

Also, to clarify, these forced impact procs aren't taking away from your natural status chance, they're free.

Edited by rapt0rman

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

The IPS bonuses present in a given stance are a separate modifier to IPS mods, i.e. its (1 + IPS mod) x (1+ IPS Stance bonus), so unless the rules suddenly change for negative modifiers, -100% of a given IPS type on a riven should completely eliminate that IPS, regardless of the IPS buffs from a stance.

Just now, rapt0rman said:

Huh, don't remember this being a thing, but those bonuses would most likely just be nulled if you have no impact on the weapon, or in the case of physical, reduced proportionally.

Saske's post implies otherwise.  Perhaps  "Impact procs" was meant rather than "Impact damage".

I looked through my rivens to test this, but only have -100% impact, and those  for melee weapons that don't have impact combo bonuses.

It's nothing in the least bit important, just a little detail that's got me curious.