Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have a Beat Em' Up minigame in the Ludo Plex?

Stafelund

We have Frame Fighter, Wyrmius and Happy Zephyr, so why not

a side-scrolling 2.5D Beat Em' Up with the likes of TMNT IV: Turtles in Time and Streets of Rage would work well. Up to 4 players can join like TMNT IV, and the music will be remixes from the OST done in electro/techno/house style like Streets of Rage:

Each stages will have you facing against a horde of baddies from 3 different factions, one faction per each stage, avoiding stage hazards and a boss will appear at the end, like Sargas Ruk, Alad V, Hyena, etc.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Do we really want DE diverting resources to another one of these things that will inevitably be forgotten and used by maybe 0.001% of the population?

I mean, how else did three minigames come into existence. Some devs most likely worked on them in their spare time for fun

• Like 1

Streets of Atlas.

48 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Do we really want DE diverting resources to another one of these things that will inevitably be forgotten and used by maybe 0.001% of the population?

Honestly. I thought Frame Fighter was really really cool.

It SHOULD have been made a viable means of earning Conclave Standing. Give it Matchmaking Support like most other similar games.

Would it be as good as actual games it's mimicking? Probably not. But if it existed as a Conclave option I think we'd have finally solved the Conclave problem. I mean they even went to the effort of making Frame Fighter data appear in missions as scannable collectibles.

Did one person tell Steve not to allow Conclave standing to be earnt?

• Like 2

If some devs get excited enough to work on something like that in their off-hours, by all means, go ahead.  But my preference would be that the limited resources of the Warframe team were devoted to improvements and supplements for the content that already exists.

• Like 1

If DE wanted to make something like this I wouldn't mind. Same way we got the other mini games someone thought it would be a fun/funny idea and did it likely either in down time or their own time.  Heck even if they devoted a work day or two making it I would still be fine, having a more fun side project you mix in during more serious work can help spark ideas and refresh the mind.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

The standard population’s pretty notorious for working within a pretty narrowly-defined play area by personal choice, so the opportunity is fairly huge to introduce something that just won’t get played except by a comparative few, and it’s not stopped them before, so…

Personally I wouldn’t mind it if it didn’t pull away from bug fixes

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

11 hours ago, (PSN)SABRETOOTH1971 said:

They've put hours of Dev time into parts of the game that don't get touched already; why waste more time on 'nobody plays this part of the game' stuff?

Not sure about others, I personally know a bunch of people who would play this more than frame fighter, and if it's similar to the games i've mentioned, I'm certain we'll play with it like we played the games mentioned on the OP for hours. Not much by saying that, but yeah. That said, it would be best if they work on this with it being low priority.

11 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I suspect the resources required are minimal. I'm all for it. I think it would be fun.

Yeah, there are lots of current stuff in-game that can be used. With a few adjustments maybe the Grineer and Infested would really fit in a beat em' up format since they have lots of melee-oriented enemies. Corpus would need some small adjustments maybe but they're passable. The breakable resource piles/crates can do nicely as the breakable objects you usually find in beat em' up games.