Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where's Dog days?

I sort of miss it. And I sort of don’t.

I like the concept, but without even alternative areas to fight in it gets pretty stale pretty quick.

Now if there was a PvP element to it with gear that has a defined strength, that’d most likely be a different story. The endless permutations of the experience of fighting other players with waterguns and parkour would most likely keep me engaged for a lot longer. The normalised gear where we could be using just a few options with no customisation could provide the grounds for decently-balanced PvP since shotguns won’t become snipers and pistols won’t become assault rifles (unless so designed; I love that stuff for PvE, but it requires careful consideration for PvP) 

On 2023-08-12 at 7:20 PM, Hexerin said:

Whether I end up liking the event or not, if there's a Domestik Drone involved then I must have it.

mighty-need-invader-zim.gif

Invader Zim is such a classic childhood show.

And i would care less about Dog Days and a hot rod Domestic Drone.

10 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Now if there was a PvP element to it with gear that has a defined strength, that’d most likely be a different story.

I seriously doubt that DE is going to add a PvP event back to the game considering how the last ones went....it was such a large backlash that I think it pushed DE away from PvP events almost entirely.

And that event was just for an orbiter decoration, before you could even show other players your orbiter so no one would even know if you have that item or not.

The playerbase reacted quite violently.  The people who didn't like PvP but were "forced" to do it for a reward made it very loud that they hated it...and they just flooded the PvP matches with people who either did absolutely nothing (which ruined the experience for the people who actually wanted to PvP because the most anyone else would do is run in circles to avoid AFK detection) OR would form "boosting" groups when DE implemented a minimum score required to actually count as progress towards the reward...in which case if you didn't join the boosters you were harassed.

The PvP-ers weren't having fun because the lobbies were full of people who don't want to be there but just wanted the reward so decided to sulk through the entire process and not actually participate in PvP.
The PvE-ers weren't having fun because they had to engage in PvP for a reward.
Both groups of players loudly complained and fought on the forums.

It was a complete and utter disaster.  The warframe community is just not one that wants or enjoys PvP for the vast majority.

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tsukinoki said:

I seriously doubt that DE is going to add a PvP event back to the game considering how the last ones went....it was such a large backlash that I think it pushed DE away from PvP events almost entirely.

And that event was just for an orbiter decoration, before you could even show other players your orbiter so no one would even know if you have that item or not.

The playerbase reacted quite violently.  The people who didn't like PvP but were "forced" to do it for a reward made it very loud that they hated it...and they just flooded the PvP matches with people who either did absolutely nothing (which ruined the experience for the people who actually wanted to PvP because the most anyone else would do is run in circles to avoid AFK detection) OR would form "boosting" groups when DE implemented a minimum score required to actually count as progress towards the reward...in which case if you didn't join the boosters you were harassed.

The PvP-ers weren't having fun because the lobbies were full of people who don't want to be there but just wanted the reward so decided to sulk through the entire process and not actually participate in PvP.
The PvE-ers weren't having fun because they had to engage in PvP for a reward.
Both groups of players loudly complained and fought on the forums.

It was a complete and utter disaster.  The warframe community is just not one that wants or enjoys PvP for the vast majority.

Ugh. Why am I not surprised.

You’re telling me that the players who didn’t want to engage with the optional content yet felt like they were missing out on something that was completely for the individual went and ruined it for everyone?

I was naive in my thinking that an optional reward is optional and that Dog Days stuff could be called as such, but… I do still kind of wonder if there’s not some kind of middleground of both PvP and Player vs Bots that rewards the same things. I feel like it’d be such a cheap way to keep engagement going for the content since it’s the other players that are now providing the engaging combat, and that’d be varied.

Though that said, this community’s pretty fickle when it comes to things outside the realm of Dynasty Warriors Lite. I’ve already imagined several scenarios where players complain about the PvP stuff even if it has absolutely nothing to do with them and they can get the rewards from elsewhere that’s non-PvP, so maybe it’s a lost cause to imagine a world where we engage in watergun fights for a bit of silliness

The PvP probably wouldn't have been a problem if there was an option to either do PvP OR PvE for the same rewards, but by making it PvP only they alienated the majority of their players who are, for the most part, only really interested in PvE content.

38 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’ve already imagined several scenarios where players complain about the PvP stuff even if it has absolutely nothing to do with them and they can get the rewards from elsewhere that’s non-PvP

That was actually a major complaint with the rewards.

IF there was a way to earn it in PvE in a comparable amount of time people likely wouldn't have complained nearly as much.
Yes there will always be complainers (mostly around "Why are devs wasting time doing PvP stuff?" sort of complaints) but the biggest issue the PvE-ers had was that there wasn't an option to get the rewards that didn't involve grinding through the PvP event.

If there are routes to get the items in both PvP and PvE and they took roughly the same amount of time/effort then far, far less would complain about it.

The playerbase just doesn't want "exclusive" rewards behind PvP.
Yes there are currently exclusive rewards behind conclave, but they are mostly stuff that can only be used in PvP so the playerbase has just given up on the few skins and such.

Edited by Tsukinoki

26 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

That was actually a major complaint with the rewards.

IF there was a way to earn it in PvE in a comparable amount of time people likely wouldn't have complained nearly as much.
Yes there will always be complainers (mostly around "Why are devs wasting time doing PvP stuff?" sort of complaints) but the biggest issue the PvE-ers had was that there wasn't an option to get the rewards that didn't involve grinding through the PvP event.

If there are routes to get the items in both PvP and PvE and they took roughly the same amount of time/effort then far, far less would complain about it.

The playerbase just doesn't want "exclusive" rewards behind PvP.
Yes there are currently exclusive rewards behind conclave, but they are mostly stuff that can only be used in PvP so the playerbase has just given up on the few skins and such.

Yeesh. Gotta take roughly the same amount of time and effort for PvP and PvE? I can see why DE gave up trying to appease a bunch of optimal grinders; one of these two is not like the other in terms of options for consistent grind speed

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

• 2 weeks later...