Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you all feel about Invigorations? Do you use them?

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

• 2 weeks later...

I think they should change it, my suggestion is to make them permanent until you change it, but you can only select 1 at time and can change with a minimum of time used, something like 1 week for example.

• Like 1

On 2024-02-26 at 8:23 AM, RyllusPurple said:

Does the override have a cooldown? I stuck one grendel last week and the option isn't showing up this week.

Every 10 times you invigorate a frame, you can override an invigoration ie put a mesa invigoration on garuda. 

So if you never miss an opportunity to invig a frame, you need 3 weeks + 1 to get a full "punch card".

• Like 1

On 2024-03-05 at 5:37 PM, Cyrefy said:

I think they should change it, my suggestion is to make them permanent until you change it, but you can only select 1 at time and can change with a minimum of time used, something like 1 week for example.

As an additional carrot to DE.

Make it require a 'weekly' innoculation to KEEP the buff. Paying the cost it took again to keep it or rather refresh it.

Only then would it be useable

• Like 2

4 hours ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

As an additional carrot to DE.

Make it require a 'weekly' innoculation to KEEP the buff. Paying the cost it took again to keep it or rather refresh it.

Only then would it be useable

Yeah, if there was an expensive resource cost to re-up your invigoration, that might be something I would actually use.

But again: broken beyond all belief. So they will likely never do that.

I like the system and use it but it’s easy to realize it’s not for everyone.

When I am active, I will apply one every week. I’ll pick one based on frame preference, buff preference, or a mix, and then I’ll use it as an excuse to dust off an old (or new) warframe, review (and sometimes refresh or redo) my build(s), and have some fun with it. It’s one of the only reasons I use frames other than my volt- who I still sometimes default back to, even with the buff up. But the result is I have some fun I wouldn’t otherwise, and a build that was who knows how many years (or a decade) old gets updated so I can use it whenever I get the urge (which is way more likely now that I remember the reason I like that one warframe that I never use).

I do the same thing to a lesser extent when I run archon hunts or arbitrations for the weapon buffs- usually just a Quick Look at the build, then I decide if I’m gonna try it out for that mission or not. But it has resulted in me building old weapons out that I had kept but never gotten around to forma-ing. 

I installed to try, but its useless if I have to reset with 10 invigorations before I can use my frame of choice each time.  It's not worth the hassle or resources.  I never look at it.

• Like 1

I think we all go through a phase of doing them because it's something different to do. I rarely ever used any of the buffed frames or weapons though and stuck with my favourite loadouts. I do look at it occasionally on the off-chance you get a 'good' frame.

I remember a few funny times when someone would be getting annoyed in chat for not getting res'd immediately after going down because they didn't understand the res' mechanic. Trying to explain that while staying alive was tricky/risky.

I always thought it was a pity that the person who was down had no idea how many of those 'stars' (forget what they're called) had been collected.