Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do I fail the mission for taking too long? The auto failure system needs to be updated DE

Guitar_Dude09

I'm literally fighting a lv 2000+ Jackal in SP Circuit , after a host migration I basically deal no dmg but I'm sticking w/ the fight because idc I'll finish the mission even if it'll take me an hr or so I thought I could, then all of a sudden I get "Mission Failure Imminent." Like bruh let me take my time fighting the boss solo after going from a 4 player to a 1 player, its not my fault the game decided to no let me deal damage, I wasn't even AFK not even for a moment I just could not get past phase 1 because obviously my dmg was so minor that by the time I got the mission failure message I was at least 1/3 past, I lose all my rewards because I can't kill the thing in a minute. 

If that was the case I would've just quit & taken the L regardless but not only did I waste my time (the irony lol) but I lose everything even from T0 to T5, & I need to start again? No thank you, this should not even exist if I'm trying to play the game, give me an option like "Hey looks like you're taking too long are you hacking or doing something fishy? Or do you just suck?" IDC even tho it was the games fault at least let me finish it so I don't waste my time & lose my rewards. I even recorded it because I was like "What the heck is this? How do you want me to kill an enemy if I can't kill an enemy when I can't even past first phase where enemies can spawn, also it was my first time doing the SP circuit in a bit so I didn't know that the boss will be so beefy in health. 

This needs to be fixed or adjusted especially when you legit can't do nothing to change it at all, I can't even use my OP gear anyways & limited to whatever weapons the game decides to give me which was complete trash. This was super annoying probably the most annoying thing I've seen w/ almost 10 years of playing this dang game. Anyways just wanted to put that out there, please DE adjust it, if I can't use my gear at least change something within this system & overall that if its a boss fight or something that takes ages to fight w/ trash gear, you shouldn't get penalized for taking long when I'm not even AFK & I'm actively moving & flying around to take down the boss fight. 

Extra! (I’m not bad at the game, I can go 0 downs with Excal Umbra on a 3 hour Mot SP survival solo or 4 player (no camping that is my rule), this is the circuit so I don’t have access to my god loadout, so even me struggling with a god tier Xoris & still auto failing, what about those who don’t have the same advantage / skill than me? Even worse, needs to be tweaked or overhaul completely).

I was able to record it at least, I hope someone from DE reads this because this system implemented is just bad overall. Thank you for reading.

Video for proof

Edited by Guitar_Dude09
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, Guitar_Dude09 said:

limited to whatever weapons the game decides to give me which was complete trash

I won't deny that reaching that level with "complete trash" is impressive, but you knew you had trash, why didn't you just leave with everyone else?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

I won't deny that reaching that level with "complete trash" is impressive, but you knew you had trash, why didn't you just leave with everyone else?

Mainly because well it doesn't bug me, I've played WF for so long when I started T3 Exterminates used to take me 1-2 hours w/ a full squad when we were noobs, I don't mind I'm not angry about having a trash loadout, it bugs me that the mission fails for me doing what I can & having fun regardless, forced difficulty / bullet sponges is whatever for me just let me take my time if I have trash

Edited by Guitar_Dude09
  • Like 6

59 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

The mission auto fails if you don't complete the objective after a time. If I remember right, this was a measure by DE to prevent players AFK farming the game,

Then you confirm it has nothing to do here, you can't "AFK farm" the Circuit (particularly solo).

• Like 1

You are doing the damage jut fine. You are just incapable of focusing on 1 leg at the time. 

PS: Corrupt Charge Xoris build is trash. Unlike Glaive that has forced Slash on manual explosion, there is no inceentive to ever manually explode Xoris (forced Impact and Elec), especially considering it retains x12 combo without the need of Naramon/combo duration for all the Volatile explosions. But then again using AoE on SP 2000 boss target is not too wisse either.

Edited by Zakkhar

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

It doesn't help that while actively playing this time out still occurs

And some missions basically auto fail as soon as theres a time out

Especially on solo

6 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Then you confirm it has nothing to do here, you can't "AFK farm" the Circuit (particularly solo).

I'm merely stating DE's original intention for this mechanic. It's not the only time they implemented something meant to prevent some kind of exploit which consequently impacted legitimate players. Let's not forget that they hard capped Steel Essence purchases for relic packs and kuva every week to prevent AFK farmers from having infinite amounts of both, which also hurts players who love endurance runs.

Don't shoot the messenger.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

The mission auto fails if you don't complete the objective after a time. If I remember right, this was a measure by DE to prevent players AFK farming the game,

Yeah & that is the issue, I remember reading the patch notes when they added it 6 years ago or so, I had a feeling it was gonna happen but ignored cuz I was like “Well I’m not even AFK & constantly flying around anyways dealing dmg” 

8 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

You are doing the damage jut fine. You are just incapable of focusing on 1 leg at the time. 

PS: Corrupt Charge Xoris build is trash. Unlike Glaive that has forced Slash on manual explosion, there is no inceentive to ever manually explode Xoris (forced Impact and Elec), especially considering it retains x12 combo without the need of Naramon/combo duration for all the Volatile explosions. But then again using AoE on SP 2000 boss target is not too wisse either.

Erroneous that you claim that  I’m incapable I wanted all the legs at low health so that the next phases I don’t have to take an hour for each leg, it has AoE so almost all the legs were at almost halfway minus the right leg since I was aiming more towards that one (this was when I was recording obviously having less than a minute left I didn’t even care where my Xoris was going at that point)

I don’t use corrupt charge, I have god tier riven that gives me that buff along w/ CC + CD 

I couldn’t use my primary & secondary because they were dealing 12 dmg vs 300-400 with Xoris. I could use Focus but I already deal so much dmg & my team generally struggles, so if I already deal the most dmg & don’t die why not just help out my team (of course if I was playing solo since the beginning it’ll be different)

Edited by Guitar_Dude09

4 hours ago, CatboyPrincess said:

yeah it's a bs fail state even though you're still progressing the fight/mission

it's like the game telling you "you suck so bad we won't even let you play even if you're enjoying yourself"

pretty non-game behaviour

Literally! The one time I’m like “okay I’m craving some WF,” after a busy day this happens, I had already mentally prepared myself that it was gonna be a hot minute to beat

51 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

I'm merely stating DE's original intention for this mechanic. It's not the only time they implemented something meant to prevent some kind of exploit which consequently impacted legitimate players. Let's not forget that they hard capped Steel Essence purchases for relic packs and kuva every week to prevent AFK farmers from having infinite amounts of both, which also hurts players who love endurance runs.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Yeah I hate AKF farming & that change was a massive L, tho idk what the ratio was on AfK farm vs non afk farmers. 
But I can’t  imagine you can still AFK farm & not fail but me struggling (or anyone really) for dear life & fail the mission regardless because enemies don’t spawn until other phases & what not for example this one 

On 2023-08-21 at 12:05 AM, Pizzarugi said:

I think it was more a measure put in place to counter abuse in non-scaling missions like Sabotage, Capture and Disruption (without progressing rounds) power farm and less about AFK. Endless Capture used to be a powerful Oxium farm once upon a time.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Voltage said:

I think it was more a measure put in place to abuse non-scaling missions like Sabotage, Capture and Disruption (without progressing rounds) power farm and less about AFK. Endless Capture used to be a powerful Oxium farm once upon a time.

this would be a better example of some missions just need limited enemies while things like survival, disruption, kuva fortress can keep their infinite spawns