The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The price of Heirloom skins is incredibly disappointing.

Kymaeraa

Adding plat to the packs did not fix this, all I want is two separate packs for around 15-20 bucks that include the skins and the extra cosmetics that are not FOMO bait.

I do not care about about exclusivity or all the extra junk that got included just to bloat the price of the pack.

Half the value of this pack is regal Aya and you all know well how we all feel about regal Aya DE, so please do the right thing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Its really genuinely okay, and no apology is necessary at all, but the sentiment is appreciated. I really do pretty much agree with most of the points I have seen you make, I just have a different way of articulating and expressing that. I also think its ultimately good, as you mention, because when it comes to such issues, having a variety of people expressing criticism with different voices and expressions, can help a company like DE realise that its a bigger issue, that they should address. 

----------------------

I also empathise and sympathise, with your perspective, because I can understand how frustrating it can be to perceive apathy, complaisance, complacency etc in people who seem like they are trying to overtly to take the "middle ground", or "neutral", or "central" on issues where such positions aren't really contextually appropriate or valuable, as far as consumer rights, power imbalances, greed motives, and so on. So I understand the accusation and frustration, because how I articulate myself can seem like I am trying to "play both side" and thus seem to make excuses for, and settle.

-----------------

Its really just the way that I write though. Hence why I also try to be transparent and acknowledge others perceptions and perspectives on that, though ironically that can also feed into the very same problem. It also doesn't help that a lot of what we are discussing overlaps into topics the Forums generally don't like being brought up, because to some they are political issues. So all I can really say is that I am a pretty critical person, very pro consumer rights, and quite opposed to business strategies that try to be as exploitative and predatory as legally possible, and the ideas that some use to defend such practices, because of their personal understanding of personal responsibility, agency, comparisons or hypotheticals around the idea "it could be worse" or "shut up and just be grateful" etc. Which may not always come across. 

Oh boy, there is a lot to respond to, so let's begin!

Yes, it is always good to have a variety of people expressing criticism with different voices and expressions as long as it's not a battle of well quite frankly put "WK vs. Haters" (not an accurate description but close enough), if people blindly support/justify DE without a valid reason and act like people with blinders on (or other terms such as: Whales). then it's just gonna be an endless cycle. I will always shut these people down the hard way.

But I do see your viewpoint, trying to play both sides and getting a middle ground but can tell you it's very hard to do so and most people will fail to understand that (myself included) since any support towards the other side is met with hostility, I don't envy the spot you putself in.

I am if not 100% very pro-consumer rights and regardless of the business strategies, I will be quite opposed more so if they are exploitative and predatory, I don't care if they do it legally or not (or they think it is) and the problem is they've done it before and still haven't learnt anything, they keep putting their hands on a hot stove then try to think of an excuse why they did it. (Regal Aya, the Carrair Nerf, The Boosters, etc).

But overall, in a matter like this, even with their excuse and "justification" with their response to this matter, still is quite a low blow and even downright pathetic and no one will convince anyone otherwise, there are very few people who are on DE's side with this and I'm all for it and I know that people will keep pushing this until they understand and not behind their "teams".

7 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I actually think thats great and there isn't wrong with being so critical and skeptical. I value those traits myself. I personally wouldn't consider you "too critical", i would only say that depending on the context, and depending what your goal is, different tactics may be better employed in how you criticise, how much effort, patience, discernment you practice or consider fair. 

I am not really the type of person that would have left a comment on his original video accusing him of being a "DE shill" and "suck up" or anything like that. 

So really and genuinely, I had no issue with your replies or perspective at all. We have sort of talked about similar in the past as well, "polite criticism" and "blunt criticism" and agreed, I believe in a thread about either Soulframe or Duviri, where I learned your username was an X-Com reference (and sadly not a reference to Psylocke from X-Men lol) Take care! 

I'm glad you think so and I feel the same way, even if it may not seem it comes across like that (again text is so hard to understand context sometimes)

As for the person in the video, that is admirable I admit but there are plenty of very valid reasons why he is accused of such and it's warranted, while I don't really support attacking people, if they play the suck-up/brown noser or whatever you wish to call it, you'll bound to get some heat.

Overall I have no issues either and I can't recall of similar topics we talked about, my memory is terrible xD but yes my username is an XCOM reference and a slightly off-topic question but have you played it?

• Like 2

Honestly, even if they do make a new pack with only the skins, I'm not sure I'll be buying it

I'm so angry at DE with their decision that I have no intentions of ever spending money or plat in this game again

EDIT: DE, you have enough money to make the game better than ever, as we saw with Tennocon, make a completely new second game, & host a live event every year; did you really need to make this pack $90?

Edited by -Krism-
  • Like 1

Just now, Jivy said:

I am very well aware but you buy the founders pack back then for money so your point?

Yeah, when Warframe was run by a DE that didn't have the funds.

A 'Founder' is directly responsible for allowing the game to exist with their monetary funds that kept the lights on and the computers running.

A Founder meant that the game could be made.

Here a person that just downloaded the game could be a 'Ten Year Supporter' without actually supporting them. The only thing they're doing is allowing predatory transactions.

So no, they aren't the same. It would be the difference between giving money to a homeless person and giving money to a scammer.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Yeah, when Warframe was run by a DE that didn't have the funds.

A 'Founder' is directly responsible for allowing the game to exist with their monetary funds that kept the lights on and the computers running.

A Founder meant that the game could be made.

Here a person that just downloaded the game could be a 'Ten Year Supporter' without actually supporting them. The only thing they're doing is allowing predatory transactions.

So no, they aren't the same. It would be the difference between giving money to a homeless person and giving money to a scammer.

that's not the point of the thing I'm trying to point out

I'm saying that you don't EARN being a founder you PAY to be one (back then) and its the same here with PAYING to buy the heirloom pack

• Like 3

Just now, Jivy said:

I'm saying that you don't EARN being a founder you PAY to be one (back then) and its the same here with PAYING to buy the heirloom pack

Wow, I guess earning money to then help fund a game that was on the brink of death and would've been cancelled, taking a gamble that the game would have continued, is the same as paying for a greedy monetisation tactics that they were already called out on while the company has enough resources to make another game entirely as well as other ventures

Truly the same.

• Like 2

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Jivy:

I am very well aware but you buy the founders pack back then for money so your point?

In a time DE needed the money to make the game happen in the first place. So year they earned it because they supported a game they didnt knew at that point could be a success. The 10 Year supporter badge is a slap in the face to everyone who supported Warframe over the Years. Imo such a badge should have been a reward to anyone spending anything till tennocon and not in a aya and Plat bloated pack with 2 skins. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Darkbring said:

Ah, yes, the badge that is bought, instead of being earned. Anyone can become a 10 years supporter if they have a few dollars to spare. Genius idea, DE. Warframe? More like WoWframe.

I earned my 10 year glyph by doing the events. :)

also how is this feedback for Duviri? 

Edited by (XBOX)Shodian

Just now, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Wow, I guess earning money to then help fund a game that was on the brink of death and would've been cancelled, taking a gamble that the game would have continued, is the same as paying for a greedy monetisation tactics that they were already called out on while the company has enough resources to make another game entirely as well as other ventures

Truly the same.

Again, not the point I'm trying to prove

I'm saying you cannot EARN a badge without PAYING for it

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jivy said:

DE said there will never be another Founder pack. And here we are.

1 minute ago, Cr4zyDoc said:

In a time DE needed the money to make the game happen in the first place. So year they earned it because they supported a game they didnt knew at that point could be a success. The 10 Year supporter badge is a slap in the face to everyone who supported Warframe over the Years. Imo such a badge should have been a reward to anyone spending anything till tennocon and not in a aya and Plat bloated pack with 2 skins. 

Oh I get what you mean now, you meant the sense of "earning" as in they earnt the purchase of the pack more of the literal sense

my bad

2 minutes ago, Darkbring said:

DE said there will never be another Founder pack. And here we are.

Gonna need a source of this please

And I don't really consider this a founders pack IMO the only thing that makes it like one is the badge but FOMO has happened with previous supporter packs

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Darkbring:

Ah, yes, the badge that is bought, instead of being earned. Anyone can become a 10 years supporter if they have a few dollars to spare. Genius idea, DE. Warframe? More like WoWframe.

You mean people who have a few Tenn(o)cent to spare 🤣

Just now, (XBOX)Shodian said:

This is a supporter pack, not a founders pack. 👍

Yeah if i recall correctly they did say it was a supporter pack + your only getting cosmetics and not actual gear that you can use like a Warframe

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

I earned my 10 year glyph by doing the events. :)

That glyph can only be earned through the purchase of the 10 year merch