Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The price of Heirloom skins is incredibly disappointing.

Kymaeraa

I am so glad you made this topic, that was my first reaction and immediate instinct to talk about it on the forum.

I guess we are celebrating 10 years of registered losers that can be milked.

I have 70% of all prime cosmetics. All pallets. 80% of Tennogen. I have spent a fair share.

But even as a fashionista, I cannot justify paying THAT price. This is laughable and worryingly, if this is the future of Warframe I might as well go back to playing everything else.

Shame that we are getting huge FOMO alongside this price tag as well.

This alongside mediocre Deluxe skins (that Yareli reveal was met with... silence) doesn't reinforce my faith in the decisions that have been made.

Edited by Wawus
  • Like 62

The real question is, even if I decided to purchase, how quickly will these auras and "exclusivity" become obsolete? A similar thing happened with previously glorified cosmetics that were tossed away the moment the shinier options came out.

I just can't see any justification for purchase on any level...

Exclusivity? Uncertain due to possible future expansions.

FOMO? This has been softened to a degree by Prime Resurgence and the angry mob that missed out previously.

Supporting Devs? Been doing so for the last 10 years playing this game.

Really shameful. Especially on the day "celebrating" fanbase and achievements.

• Like 37

28 minutes ago, Kymaeraa said:

Why are they so bloody expensive?? Prime Access is supposed to be the money sink for big spenders.

I really hope this price point isn't a new trend.

Pretty sure you answered your own question. "money sink for big spenders". Obviously ur not a big spender if you cant afford it.

With their collection only purchasable via real money (and no Platinum) for non-prime cosmetics, DE creates a dangerous precedent that should not be supported.

This is the first time that I feel so much disgust for the paid practices of the studio. What a shame!

Edited by (PSN)HeartCoreGamer
  • Like 26

Thanks for opening the thread. Agreeing 100 percent.
What's the point of the premium currency when you can't use it?!
The price is just ridiculous. 
And then presenting this with a time limit to trigger FOMO.

Shame on you DE for this cheap tactics!

• Like 53

hace 4 minutos, Wawus dijo:

The real question is, even if I decided to purchase, how quickly will these auras and "exclusivity" become obsolete? A similar thing happened with previously glorified cosmetics that were tossed away the moment the shinier options came out.

I just can't see any justification for purchase on any level...

Exclusivity? Uncertain due to possible future expansions.

FOMO? This has been softened to a degree by Prime Resurgence and the angry mob that missed out previously.

Supporting Devs? Been doing so for the last 10 years playing this game.

Really shameful. Especially on the day "celebrating" fanbase and achievements.

The stupidest parts are the limited time and the overprice.

The Chinese market alone is enough to make them rich. In Asia this kind of over price is seen differently.

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, Sasorika said:

Guys, start breaking down these things before complaining.

2 Skins , 165p each = 18€
600p = 30€
6 aya´s = 18€

_____

66€ 

Color Palette  = 70p =5€ 

all the extras inside  that pack....

I say sounds fair.

Society was mad that full game prices were raising to 70$ and my man out here shilling for skins.

Edited by Ambrosia_Rev
  • Like 50

3 minutes ago, Sasorika said:

600p = 30€
6 aya´s = 18€

_____

66€ 

Color Palette  = 70p =5€ 

I say sounds fair.

Source:
https://www.warframe.com/buyplatinum

that's the point, WE DON'T WANT THE EXTRAS 
i only want the skins and signas and i can imagine 90% of people are like me and them not putting those items in a separate pack is predatory AF

• Like 62

2 minutes ago, Sahansral said:

Thanks for opening the thread. Agreeing 100 percent.
What's the point of the premium currency when you can't use it?!
The price is just ridiculous. 
And then presenting this with a time limit to trigger FOMO.

Shame on you DE for this cheap tactics!

The price while steep doesn't bother me nearly as much as the FOMO. 10 years of Warframe and their awesome legacy skins are just overpriced, limited-time cash-only purchases. Seems pretty distasteful to ring in the celebration of Tennocon with something this shady.

• Like 32

Okay, so let's get down to business.

DE. While I can believe you've come to this, I still don't want to.
You are asking players for:

• 92.99 Canadian Dollars, not including related taxes of course.
  • 68.32 United States Dollars, converted using Google.
  • 63.32 European Euros, converted using Google.
  • 106.41 Australian Dollars, converted using Google.
  • Etc, etc.
  • This is all assuming these conversions are direct and are not locked behind taxes or regional policies, of course.

... for a pair of skins that we- while we find pretty- is locked behind a LIMITED TIME offer.
One of which is less than half the year remaining.
A bundle of which contains a bunch of garbage we don't care for to artificially inflate the price.

You know what? I let Prime Access slide. You know why? We can always find it another time.
It was an option for players who like to spend the money to get something worthwhile, but you were never pressured into doing so.

600 Platinum? I can make this 5 trades on PC.
Sure, that Platinum comes from people who pay-- but that's one of the ways you're keeping us invested to even PLAY this game.
In addition, we kinda NEED to trade for Platinum. What with all the Orokin Reactors, Catalysts, Formas, Slots and more to get.

6 Regal Aya? It's 41.99 CAD for 7 Regal Aya.
Personally? I find this to be excessively expensive, but it's feasible.
Because at least I won't have to worry about THOSE options suddenly getting sent to the infamous FOMO abyss.

Now, let me ask you a question...

How much is 92.99 CAD worth to you?
With that? I could buy:

• Groceries to last a few days.
  • Materials to supply hobbies. Masonry or Pottery comes to mind.
  • A nice date to take a loved one out on.
  • Means to travel, enjoy the world.
  • Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon on Steam right now!
    • With some funds to spare! Maybe I'll buy some Tennogen instead.
    • At least some of THAT profit is going to an artist.
    • Y'know, allegedly.
    • Also not limited by FOMO!
  • Literally any title in the Borderlands series on Steam.
  • Splatoon 3 on the Nintendo Switch. (Physical cartridge is even an option!)
  • Roughly 13 whole 12-packs of Mountain Dew from Wal-Mart, if you're going to go that degenerate.
  • Commissioned Artist for a project of one's own. Where one has free reign over it. (No color channels needed!)
  • You get the point.

To me, 92.99 CAD ain't worth dropping on a bundle designed around predatory practices that the gaming community as a WHOLE has been getting increasingly sick of.
Not even the 71.99 CAD is worth the funds, even if we trim of that excess garbage. We rarely use emotes as is. I'm not justifying the price for a glorified PROFILE PICTURE.

But since apparently I'm taking too much time on this? I'll cut it short for hyperfixated eyesockets.
We are drowning in games that have Gacha, FOMO, Battle Passes, etc.
You are one of the few companies that was respected even a SMIDGE because we didn't have to worry about that.
Drop that? I- and I imagine many others- will drop your game all the same.

I didn't really care too much with "Prime Resurgence" because it wasn't that much different.
Most of the issues from that were stemming from your mishmashed words indicating it was an event.

You have a legal team and you've been doing this for 10 years. You backpedaled on that because everyone caught you.
The issue was fixed, money machine resumes as normal.

Now we face a much greater issue. You're going back on the principles that you got this far.
Is corporate self-destruction a trend lately or something? ... or you just seeing how much you can get away with?

If it's the latter, here's your wake up call.
We don't care if it's paid. That is nothing new to us.
We're are LIVID that it's a time-limited event that is CLEARLY STATED to never come back again.
Fix that and this will all blow over

• Like 54

7 minutes ago, Sasorika said:

600p = 30€
6 aya´s = 18€

_____

66€ 

Color Palette  = 70p =5€ 

I say sounds fair.

I did just that. My issue primarily lies with the fact that it is a Purchasable Package for an actual currency, not in-game currency, laced with time-ticking FOMO.

This breaks the usual flow of pricing for newly released content and seems to be bloated with unwanted items to further justify the price.

I am not saying this because I sleep on plat (I have 3p as we speak) but the sheer direction this points to locking out the possibility to earn this by playing directly contradicts for me the idea of Warframe. That being said, it is the game that relies on Prime Access to fund itself and I can understand the thinking behind putting together a special 10 Year Anniversary bundle like this.

I just don't see the value.

Edited by Wawus
  • Like 11