Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eternalism's Race to 1999?

(PSN)GEN-Son_17

When taking another look at the 1999 gameplay, Wally said "you're too late". Considering we have a warframe prototype suit, a Y2K techno virus, Dr. Entrati and Wally in the same place and time, it looks to me like there is some kind of race to action or prevention between Wally and the doc. Preventing warframes from existing means no Rell and Harrow to prevent Wally's escape. Maybe the next core gameplay of Warframe will be preventing Wally from creating new pathways to achieve its goals. Thoughts?

• Like 1

It doesn't look terrible, but we'll have to see. Compared to the drifter-style gameplay we have in Duviri, this looks much more appealing.

After seeing the new tileset for Deimos and the warframe gameplay looking pretty sweet, I'm a little more encouraged from this Tennocon.

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

well you only have 5 minutes to do something in that case.

Cause its new years eve and 11.55 pm when he check the clock.

My guess? We go back in time and this is where it ends , not where it starts for the quest (actual time wise not gameplay wise).

That would make sense. Maybe the goal of that section is to prevent the Y2K virus from spreading...which leads to the idea of the infested. So the goals would be to manipulate the formation of the Orokin. 

4 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

When taking another look at the 1999 gameplay, Wally said "you're too late". Considering we have a warframe prototype suit, a Y2K techno virus, Dr. Entrati and Wally in the same place and time, it looks to me like there is some kind of race to action or prevention between Wally and the doc. Preventing warframes from existing means no Rell and Harrow to prevent Wally's escape.

Hard no for the simple fact that we have newish lore mentioning the eighteenth Radiation War so something would need to be specific to Y2k instead of a generic Skynet ploy of changing the past to change the future and the timeline here seems too vast. Also if you would care to watch it again, the assumed Wally (unconfirmed obviously) said "You are late." not "You're too late.

https://youtu.be/EZEevs_RSPw?t=1570

Another observation is that we are not looking at a proto Excalibur suit but an actual Excalibur suit with some random webbing and attachments like a pistol holster and some tiny pouches.

Finally the phrase about staring into the abyss and the abyss staring back seems fitting for Wally and with people entering the void it's somewhat questionable about the creation or existence of Wally itself, does Wally exists in a void so to speak.