Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, AngelDKnight said:

player all platform that buy heirloom packs got rest that platinum? and i hope increase regal aya to 10 too, or 12 i hope that.
i buy it bcs i want to support that i play this game from beta(around late 2012 or 2013) at my 1st account then purchase founder. then long after few year that i stop play wf then come back again to play around 2016. i forgot my email and password and ign that i use for 1st account. (OMG) i really lost my first account.
and other reason i think its limited only like founder(that i lost my first account). know that heirloom pack not limited time makes me little disappointed but in same time feel like better to make not limited.
other reason i buy is:
1. skin is awesome cool frost skin and beauty mag skin
2. story that my first frame mag and first prime is frost in this 2nd account
3. i guess limited time only(that now i know its not) like founder pack because release them at 10year celebration that is very very special moments in history wf
4. i got blind and my hand auto click purchase (just joking)

maybe that 10yr will make better and i tenno want brand new big orbiter like we hope when see railjack (that got little disappointed not become new home orbiter)
its 10year already we eat,sleep,crafting,etc in same orbiter. i hope there brand new orbiter soon...
thanks for 10years! we had happy, sad, and all emotional for 10y playing warframe that i can't move on from. sorry for my bad english.
HAVE FUN TENNO see ya in game~ 👋

2013 for founding and your not 10yrs in if u stopped playing this isn't about supporting them its calling them out on trying to take advantage 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Ok, I will say it very, VERY slowly.

The skins are virtual item in a videogame. THEY ARE WORTH LITERALLY NOTHING.

The real question is: Does DE deserve my 90$ for providing me with 5802.7 hours of free game?

I had a hell of a time for the past 2 years in Warframe and I am more than happy to give back to DE, if I can do it by buying amazing skins, nice.

What She Said GIF by The Free Mama

• Like 1

You took the one issue nobody cared about and addressed that while ignoring the problems people actually had. The issue with the packs is the massive bloat of platinum and Aya. Refusing to address the real concerns shows me a few possibilities. One, Tencent will not allow DE to lower the price and this change is the best that they're allowed to make. In which case we can't really blame DE, we need to complain to Tencent. Two, DE no longer genuinely listens to the community's feedback. If that's the case, it needs to change immediately. This game cannot survive without the community. Refusing to listen to our feedback will drive us away. I'm sure a handful of players have already quit over these packs. I love this game, I want to see it succeed. But this? This is NOT the way to succeed. The third possibility is that DE is suddenly incompetent and genuinely thinks THIS CHANGE is going to make everything okay. It's not. Yes, some people in this comment thread are happy with it. Note that many of them either already spent the money or were planning on spending the money. For them it's just a bonus win. The fourth possibility I see is that DE is getting greedy, testing the waters. Probing the community to see what we'll buy, what we'll pay for it. What will placate us when we're upset with their choices. In that case... that's terrifying. That's not something we should allow. 

• Like 5

It's cute how people automatically treat this as a new standard and not as an exception. Well, maybe it's truth, time will tell but for now consider this:

Heirloom Collection never meant to be cheap, in fact artificial value increase via inclusion of Royal Aya and Platinum is obviously intentional. Why? To give those skins "luxury goods" status by limiting availability. This are not some everyday Deluxe skins - this is Prada or Gucci of skins, this is limited edition commemorative Rolex. They aren't intended for everybody, just only a small group of players dedicated enough to dish out such an obnoxious sum of money.

Oh, and don't get me wrong - I'm 100% ok with it as long as it's once-in-10-years thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PSN)BlueRipper15 said:

Well for one nobody said it needs no plat and if there was you shouldnt have listen to them, second if people who paid for it are given extra plat i am yet to receive so that would be nice, lower the price and ill keep play dont be like those AAA companies, its why we like you

exactly the point people who try to justify DE completely ignore on person most of us want a pack just without the aya and plat for about 35$

• Like 4

We need separate bundles for Frost and Mag. I would immediately purchase the Frost skin if it was sold in a separate bundle because I enjoy playing Frost. There is no incentive for me to purchase the bundle with both skins because I know I would never use the Mag skin (since I never play Mag); it would just be a waste of money. I like the idea of these skins, but please give us more purchase options DE.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, rooftopishere said:

Hello,

I was happy with the pack as it was, I understood it as a pack of "This is a special opportunity to show your love for warframe" by buying a pack of exclusive ultra-high quality content that is exclusive as said.

I heard there was some backlash about the price-value about it, and eventho I never even thought about buying a Prime Access pack, I decided to get this pack for the matter of showing my support for a game I've had deep respect for, especially when I played Dark Sector on Xbox360 after trying the WF beta in 2013 for some time.

Of course I highly value that you (Digital Extremes) take action upon hearing the community feedback, and I am more than happy to hea that you won't change the exclusivity of those skins according to what was promised.

Just like it is with Excalibur Prime, you keep your word. (unlike other developers out there who I've been believing before, that proved themselves dishonest)

I'm glad to hear that I get even more from what I already purchased, but I want to say my honest statement, I bought it because of the exclusivity of the extremely insanely well done skins, I completely ignored the plat and regal aya.

Thank you for offering me this opportunity of showing off with what noone else has, because I was there, almost from the start. And combined with the 10year Anniversary Glyph (that I finally got despite not winning the community contest 😱, I feel truely wholesome and just like I see my own value ingame. Experienced and wise. This game has tought me a lot, as much pain of social hunger, as much as knowledge and wisdom of how to treat myself fairly when playing videogames. Usually I stopped playing when it wasn't fun anymore, and whenever I came back, these short breaks showed themselves as necessary to appreciate the time and efforts I put into it and the fun of gameplay I have when playing.

Thank you for 10 Years! :heart::lotus:💖

Thank you for this kind comment, it's refreshing to read this amidst the sea of ignorance that is this comment section. ❤️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Greetings, Tenno!

We’re back in action after TennoCon 2023 - and our number one priority is addressing the community’s reaction to the Heirloom Collection.

We missed the mark here and understand the feedback we're receiving because of it. After taking some time to review and evaluate our options based on the concerns, we have opted to increase the Platinum amounts in all Heirloom Packs. 

The Feedback we can address for the current Heirloom Collection:

“The value of the Packs does not justify the price point.”

Our Change to Address:

We are increasing Platinum to all Heirloom Packs to bring them alongside Prime Access standards:

• Increase Platinum in Risen Pack: 400 to 800
  • Add Platinum in Celestial Pack: 800
  • Increase Platinum in Zenith Pack: 600 to 2100

*The Platinum will be delivered via in-game Inbox to accounts that have already purchased the respective Packs. We are coordinating our efforts now to arrange the Inbox send, and Hotfix required. We will signal when the Inbox has been delivered on all Platforms.

Similar to how Regal Aya bundles launched with no Platinum and were met with strong feedback, we agree Heirloom Packs need more value to justify their status.  

This decision was made to address the feedback and maintain the expectations we had set for players upon the release of the Heirlooms (time exclusivity and Pack contents). In doing so, we are able to increase the value of pack contents in a way that does not remove any value for Tenno who have bought them. We do not feel it would be fair to those who purchased an Heirloom Collection already with the understanding that they were time-limited to now remove that element. Those who have purchased simply get more, and ultimately they are now a good Platinum deal with exclusive Cosmetics.

Heirloom Collections are intended to be unforgettable (for the right reasons) - we are also discussing ways we can better preserve that feeling of legacy, quality, and prestige for future Heirloom Collections (if we make more).

We truly appreciate your feedback and concerns and recognize the responsibility we have in ensuring that any new directions we take with cosmetic exclusives are done with much more careful consideration. The Heirlooms were designed with the celebratory nature of this year's TennoCon and 10-year anniversary, and it's on us to ensure that you, as a player, feel that we are upholding years of lessons learned when it comes to selling cosmetic exclusives. If we continue with this series, we are dedicated to ensuring all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility and reflect all feedback we received during this launch.

Thank you, Tenno!

We are asking you to remove the regal aya it's usless to players who have been playing for 3 plus years.

In my opinion you should create new packs with the cosmetics alone and not the premium currency. 

We appreciate that you are listening to the community.

Edited by (PSN)Fireball77896
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, DDiablO. said:

exactly it really feels like a stab in the back and the fact this pack contains accolade for money makes it even worse.

a player that played the game for maybe a year or two isnt a "10 years supporter"

My word.... I hadnt even realised what was meant by accolade :(

So the 7 or so years ive played mean less than the pack value (i've spent far more im sure).

As previous commentors have mentioned, why wasnt the accolade acquired by other means? This makes no sense to gate such a thing behind a paywall.

• Like 2

I appreciate the solution given here given the prior commitments to people who already purchased the collection.

The purposed of the heirloom skins were to celebrate the aniversary but also to give old primes a more modern do over given how the original primes were more subtle with their prime detailing, kind of like umbra and this is just a suggestion.

To make these a big celebration everyone can participate in. Make these heirloom skins into umbral frames that all players can earn via a special alert, 1hr in a void survival (for mag) or defense (for frost) with steel path levels and modifiers. Those who purchased the skins can apply them to base or the prime and can keep the halo exculsive too. The alerts also being time exclusive, just using the released heirlooms as an example. A big community event, doing something nostalgic that players who can stay in a mission for that long can appreciate since theyre likely veterans who remember the void towers before relics were introduced. 

We want to support you DE and I get that is what sort of like a founders pack two but that did eventually become prime access with prime gear procurable in game. Maybe this wouldnt have stung so hard if I wasnt such a big frost enjoyer (I know shocker) but not being priced out of this celebration would have been nice I suppose.

• Like 2

Way to completely miss the point of the complaints DE.

The price point is the complaint. Putting special anniversary cosmetics in in a way that is EXCLUSIVELY purchased out of game for real money directly is the complaint. Increasing the bloated value of the thing by adding plat to it to justify continuing to have it set at an entirely unreasonable price point is still completely predatory, it's just now predatory with added plat!
What people are asking you for is a reasonable way for EVERYONE to access this celebration. Something like actually putting JUST THE SKINS ALONE into the market for plat purchase. To have a basic bundle of the skins and 10 year badges or something like that for cheap, without bloating it with plat and regal aya, because they want to have the cosmetics and celebrate with you, but TONS of people can't drop the kind of money you're asking. Tons of people already have dropped a lot of money on plat to buy things for the game, and are being hung out to dry because you can't buy this with plat and they don't want to spend even yet more money and have your value add be even more of the thing they already dropped lots of money on and couldn't use for this, etc.

The mark you missed was having a skin pack come out as a big 10 year anniversary thing, part of a supposed celebration of all us Tenno that have stuck with you for so long... And then the biggest, prettiest part of it all, with the new big deal cosmetic slot option that apparently so many people wanted for ages etc. you dropped as a massively exclusionary, massively overpriced, massively FOMO, massively predatory cluster#*!% of nonsense that has rightfully pissed off the huge part of your playerbase that isn't just A******s that like to show off they have more money than other people by being whales in a videogame.

What you need to do to resolve this isn't throw more plat at the bundle. You need to make a version of it that is accessible to the majority of the players for the fact that this is a celebration of all of us, of 10 years of warframe. This is NOT a time to come out with the worst, most predatory, most overprice FOMO bullS#&$ you've ever done and call it a 10 year anniversary special, because that was only ever going to make everyone angry.

And you knew that before you even announced it, and immediately after. The PS store leak showed that everyone who heard about it was immediately upset at the price, and were told to wait for the actual announcement during Tennocon because it wasn't finalized... But all that was done there was a small version of this same bad idea. Adding plat and regal aya. Predicably, to the point I'd call it obvious, this resulted in the packs being announce to huge swaths of the audience being infuriated still, because the price point was the bad part, all along, and you should've known better.

You need to put them into the market like deluxe skins, with the option to just buy the pretty skin for each individually, a separate pack of both together, and maybe it could be justifiable to make a third, higher plat priced pack to get a version that also has the 10 year badges and S#&$, if you're dead set on having those have some kind of monetary value over and above the skins instead of just be a part of the celebration (which it seems like you are, given the varied inclusion in the real money bundles). And a basic price point for just the skins for real money purchase couldn't hurt too, as a lot of people have said they want a price point around $20-25 there.

Throwing more plat into this doesn't fix a damn thing, it just illustrates to a lot of people how you don't care about the players at large, you just care about giving more to the people willing to drop the most money at once, and think that this will, in any way, solve this issue. It doesn't. It never did. Lots of us still want you to learn this lesson from things like the Prime Accessories and regal aya bullS#&$. I have never, and will never buy the prime accessories packs because they are overpriced, as a few cosmetic items are not worth more than 2 really good indie video games, whole AA videogames, or AAA game on steam sales. If you priced them around $20, I'd probably have bought several of them over the years because I think the value could be there. This is more of that same thing, where you're excluding lots of people by overpricing things, but this time it's a special 10 year anniversary thing, where we felt like we were all supposed to be a part of this, and we've all been slapped in the face with a vastly overinflated bill if we want to show our support. It's a predatory, exclusionary, and generally cruel slap in the face to vast numbers of tenno that are being taught not to trust you because you don't value them unless they can really overpay for your bullS#&$. Not a good look for a big milestone celebration.

You should've done better. You used to.

• Like 21

1 minute ago, r1cky0 said:

Thank you for this kind comment, it's refreshing to read this amidst the sea of ignorance that is this comment section. ❤️

It really isnt, thats giving DE a reason to say people are fine with paying the much for nothing, they have years of people buying plat, they dont need that "support" 

• Like 9

So instead of adding packs with each frame separate, that remove the bloat to have a more reasonable price, and dropping the timed exclusivity, which were the three problems that caused this backlash.
You added more bloat to double down on your terrible decision.
Didn't make split packs even with the bloat.
And on top of that said you consider timed exclusivity to be part of the pack's value, which is quite possibly the most disgusting thing I've heard from the devs in the 6 years I've been playing. And absolutely destroys any hope I had for the game to maintain it's positive monetization model into the future.

Good job you made it worse.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 17

It's cute how people automatically treat this as a new standard and not as an exception. Well, maybe it's truth, time will tell but for now consider this:

Heirloom Collection never meant to be cheap, in fact artificial value increase via inclusion of Royal Aya and Platinum is obviously intentional. Why? To limiting availability and therefore give those skins "luxury goods" status. Those are not some everyday Deluxe skins - this is Prada or Gucci of skins, this is limited edition commemorative Rolex. They aren't intended for everybody, just only a small group of players dedicated enough to dish out such a sum of money. Otherwise they would end up as just another cheap piece collecting dust in closet.

Oh, and don't get me wrong - I'm 100% ok with it as long as it's once-in-10-years thing.

Edited by xGryphus

5 minutes ago, r1cky0 said:

What She Said GIF by The Free Mama

But i already give them money as it is. I think this is a flawed way of thinking.

The way i look at it is, "I want to give them money and in turn revive a fair exchange."

I don't wish to be prayed upon. I don't want regal Aya in this situation. I cant do ANYTHING WITH IT. It is a waste of money in my case.

But i have no other option but to buy it. This is unfair and predatory inflation of a bundle.

Otherwise i think DE are amazing and are some of the only companies that follow this structure:

Respecting player > Maximum profit

• Like 7