Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

5 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

PoE does a thing. PoE players are cool.
Warframe does literally the same thing. Warframe players are screaming.

That'd be because FOMO tactics combined with bundles designed to make you pay a very high price by not letting you buy what you want individually have not yet become normalized in Warframe, while in PoE they've been normalized for a long time now, people simply gave up.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

We do not feel it would be fair to those who purchased an Heirloom Collection already with the understanding that they were time-limited to now remove that element.

Ah yes, it was bad for them so it must remain bad for everyone else too. Very logical.

Of all the possible ways you could've addressed this, this isn't exactly high up the list.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, mrgudveseli said:

You know that Bungie monetizes story content, gear and cosmetics, right? And DE charges only for some cosmetics. Being a drama queen here, eh?

The moment DE tries to charge for money-exclusive weapons or frames, my pitchfork will be raised first. Right now, i find all the whiney posts everywhere reeking of entitlement. It's honestly disgusting.

All I see here is someone who's been beaten down so hard by unethical practices in the game's industry that they accept being - nay, expect to be - taken advantage of. The kind of consumer that corporations salivate over, and gaming companies have been molding for decades: the consumer that advocates against their own interests.

• Like 11

I've played for years. I don't need plat, I have more than enough. I don't need Aya, I made all my plat selling extra prime sets. I'm more than happy to throw some money at y'all to help pay people and keep the servers on, from my playtime alone you've more than earned it, but to add to the din of feedback...

Throw me an Heirloom Rhino bundle that's just a skin and signa for like 20-30$ and I'll happily give you my money in return. I WANT to support you, I just ask that you give me something I want without all the fluff I don't inflating the cost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

We missed the mark here and understand the feedback we're receiving because of it. After taking some time to review and evaluate our options based on the concerns, we have opted to increase the Platinum amounts in all Heirloom Packs. 

• Increase Platinum in Risen Pack: 400 to 800
  • Add Platinum in Celestial Pack: 800
  • Increase Platinum in Zenith Pack: 600 to 2100

Similar to how Regal Aya bundles launched with no Platinum and were met with strong feedback, we agree Heirloom Packs need more value to justify their status.  

You missed the mark by 200 miles almost everyone asked for a cheaper bundle with (ONLY THE COSMETICS) not more Platinum we want the cosmetics without the extremely inflated prices do to you just adding Platinum and aya to the pack  because those skins aren't worth 100 dollars alone

We want a maby 20$ to 30$ pack with just the cosmetics no Platinum no aya and nothing to artificially inflat the prices JUST THE COSMETICS

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

guessing only a very tiny portion of the community doesn't wear time-gate blinders. how are you guys blind to all the other time-gated packages?

I'm sorry, but without actual examples of other time-gated, once in a lifetime, real-world currency exclusive and with a very, very premium cost (Essentially like Founder's Pack), I'll have to chalk my response down to:

- "Ok, champ. You know it! 🤘"

I won't deny that there's some stuff that I have and they are very unlikely to return in the future (Raids Sekharas come to mind, as well as the 10-year anniversary emblems and other celebratory stuff we got for free just now - but that's wildly different imo) but I don't particularly recall another time when DE pulled a Founders Package - 2nd Edition such as with the Heirloom Collection. At least during the last few years. Feel free to prove me unequivocally wrong, of course, but I feel this is more about "being right" about villain DE, even if by grasping at straws, than anything else.

And that's about it for me, since I don't particularly like to engage in other people's attemps at drawing others to their vitriol by way of unfounded generalization, regardless of them having a point or not. Otherwise I'd be permanently stuck in the forums trying to argue with other people and collecting a lifetime supply of moderation points.

Cheers.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93
  • Like 4

Just now, (PSN)TEAINSHENNON said:

I did re read it I stated de,tencent but you stay on that copium of paying 90$ for skins 

I am pretty sure I will be paing 90$ for 2 skins, 2 signas, 6 Ayas, 2100p, sigil, glyph, emote and a color palette.

Pretty good deal, if you ask me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 3mptylord said:

I don't mind the prices. It's cheaper than Prime Access. I'm glad the bundles now look better compared to Platinum prices - but I think the value of the packs was super-unreasonable before.

I don't even mind the Limited Edition - especially since it's available until 2024. Limited Edition skins are a damn sight better than Limited Edition Primes - so I definitely prefer this to releasing a new Excalibur Prime for the 10 Years Founder Pack. I concede that you could just make the Accolade retire from the store rather than the entire bundle - it's only the "I was here in 2023" stamp that needs to be limited edition. You could add the skins to the Marketplace and the Signas to Prime Resurgence when the Bundle Sale ends. 

For me: it's the lack of separate Frost and Mag Bundles that bother me. The current Everything and EverythingPlus options just feel redundant. There's also the noticeable lack of an Accessories pack that I think a lot of players would appreciate. 

I created this mock-up initially with the Accolade Bundle boosted to 500 Platinum (a fairer amount compared to the price of Platinum) - but if you're boosting it to 1000, I'll update my image accordingly. The £32.99 bundles are based on the Prime Access prices - so while I've removed the £45.99-tier, I suspect there'd be an increase in £32.99 sales to match the previous projected income. You're a free-to-play game - it's hard to justify complaints about you monetizing cosmetics. 

bykoSV3.jpg

its a nice idea the problem is that they push in plat and regal aya which makes over 50% of the pack price pretty much stuffing the price which is the biggest problem.

alot of people i have talk with have completely agreed that if the pack was 30 or 35$ for all the pack without aya and plat they will buy it and wont have any complaints and the prices after calculations actually come up to almost that without the plat and aya 

Edited by DDiablO.
  • Like 1

In my opinion, this is a good step in the right direction, at least for the situation at hand. This addresses one of the main complaints: The value of the bundles.
It's fully understandable that you, DE, cannot change every aspect that the community has issues with for this specific Collection.

People have already made monetary decisions based on the fact that these bundles had a limited amount of selection options, as well as that they would only be available for a limited amount of time to never return. Changing those aspects now would leave DE prone to refund fiascos, which isn't really a favourable scenario for anyone involved.

This does, however, leave two of the core problems somewhat unaddressed:

1. The usage of FOMO
  2. The "artificial" inflation of the pricing

It would have been a massive step in the right direction, as well as making this a "one and done" intervention, if you guys at DE had at least committed to giving us a word-for-word statement that, moving forward, there would be a "Cosmetics only" tier for any future Heirloom Collections. This way the people who want to get some Platinum and Regal Aya to get the respective Frames can still do so, and the people who are not in need of any of those don't have to pay an unnecessary premium.

It would also have been incredibly appreciated if there would be a commitment towards making the FOMO aspect of this bundle a one-time thing.

Be it an accidental misjudgement or an intentional thing, FOMO is not something that has DE any favours in the past, and you guys have rightfully rectified most of these issues. (I.e. Primed Chamber) Therefore it is even more grating that this is sort of being re-embraced, especially for something that's supposed to be a monumental bundle of celebration.

I hope that these issues will still be addressed in a concrete manner, rather than a somewhat vague statement that you guys will do better. I don't think that you guys won't do better, nor that you don't want to do better, you've shown over the last decade that you are always willing to learn and adapt. But please, at least give us something conrete.

• Like 6

Just now, Salinero said:

Are you serious...

Lemme guess it's hard to allocate resources to make a 4th pack, that contains only the skins with signas?

Watch out DE your inner Bungie is showing off.

Now y'see there's a problem with that statement. I've seen multiple people compare DE to bungie. And while I DO agree, there should be a cheaper bundle for those who either

A: Don't want some of the stuff in the pack

or

B: Just don't like supporting companies

I can definitely say Bungie is 10x worse than warframe. Lets start from the top. You bought Destiny 2. Dope! At least, On release it was! Now it's F2P! Hey, Remember all those DLCs we had in the game that actually had really fun story? Yeah, You can get the weapons from this thing in the wall instead, You don't want the story. At least, We don't care for it.

Hey, Here's an idea! Lets make our players PRE-ORDER a DLC to get an ENTIRE EXOTIC WEAPON for pre-ordering but it won't be available when the DLC actually releases. Only for those that pre-ordered.

Hey, Actually. That's not enough. Lets add entire battlepasses that have EXOTIC WEAPONS at the very end of them and you need to BUY the battlepass to get the catalysts to make them good.

Still not enough? Here, Lets add ENTIRE CLASSES locked behind our paywall DLCs that can still be used against you in our online PvP gamemodes where those subclasses are VERY CLEARLY unbalanced beyond belief.

While I understand you not liking DE currently. I can't believe you have the gall to compare them to literal pigs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I am pretty sure I will be paing 90$ for 2 skins, 2 signas, 6 Ayas, 2100p, sigil, glyph, emote and a color palette.

Pretty good deal, if you ask me.

Ya cept it's not but I'm sure those prices will be OK come warframe 1999 when you need to pay for it or just not have it or any content within

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JariWeis said:

In my opinion, this is a good step in the right direction, at least for the situation at hand. This addresses one of the main complaints: The value of the bundles.
It's fully understandable that you, DE, cannot change every aspect that the community has issues with for this specific Collection.

People have already made monetary decisions based on the fact that these bundles had a limited amount of selection options, as well as that they would only be available for a limited amount of time to never return. Changing those aspects now would leave DE prone to refund fiascos, which isn't really a favourable scenario for anyone involved.

This does, however, leave two of the core problems somewhat unaddressed:

1. The usage of FOMO
  2. The "artificial" inflation of the pricing

It would have been a massive step in the right direction, as well as making this a "one and done" intervention, if you guys at DE had at least committed to giving us a word-for-word statement that, moving forward, there would be a "Cosmetics only" tier for any future Heirloom Collections. This way the people who want to get some Platinum and Regal Aya to get the respective Frames can still do so, and the people who are not in need of any of those don't have to pay an unnecessary premium.

It would also have been incredibly appreciated if there would be a commitment towards making the FOMO aspect of this bundle a one-time thing.

Be it an accidental misjudgement or an intentional thing, FOMO is not something that has DE any favours in the past, and you guys have rightfully rectified most of these issues. (I.e. Primed Chamber) Therefore it is even more grating that this is sort of being re-embraced, especially for something that's supposed to be a monumental bundle of celebration.

I hope that these issues will still be addressed in a concrete manner, rather than a somewhat vague statement that you guys will do better. I don't think that you guys won't do better, nor that you don't want to do better, you've shown over the last decade that you are always willing to learn and adapt. But please, at least give us something conrete.

This post is just damage control, and for a decision Megan (and the community team) aren't really responsible for making.

The feedback presented to them dates back to 5 and even 8 years. Adding Platinum is the bare minimum. If DE were committed to having a fair situation, they wouldn't have launched like this in the first place.

• Like 13

hace 1 hora, Mavoron dijo:

Nah, you knew all of this beforehand, you tried it anyway and are still sticking to your FOMO formula. I'm done.

Same. As long there are Deluxe Skins locked behind a Paywall and FOMO Im done with Warframe.
Not because of this particular case, but because this will set a Precedent and I dont want to be part of it.

• Like 8

Right, okay, but, why can't we just buy the god damned skins for platinum?

The biggest problem I currently have with this decision is the fact that had I known that these would come out, I would have asked my girlfriend to not waste her money buying me 1000 platinum THAT I CANNOT USE ON SOMETHING I WANT BECAUSE THERE IS NO OPTION. 

This is the first in a VERY bad decision, and if this becomes your precedent, then there's a high chance that a lot of people are going to stop paying for anything in your game. Literally, one of the biggest draws for me and a thing I constantly tell people is that you don't necessarily have to spend 1000$ to become a Legendary 3 Tenno with all the cool gear. You just need to invest time. 

With this, you've decided to take the worst parts of microtransactions and slap them all into one big stupid pile of screw you, invalidating one of the biggest draws to this game. 

I love fashionframing, and it's been killing me because I am broke and can't afford this pack, and my girlfriend wasted her money buying me platinum because I had a coupon and I was broke. I'm going to pay her back, but now I'm not going to pay her back just because I love her and I want her to have nice things too.

Now it's out of pure spite. 

• Like 7

DE, the platinum amount was never the issue. The issue is that having regal aya(something not everyone cares about) as almost 50% of the price artificially inflates the price, and than someone who plays one of the two warframes and not the other one is forced to basically pay double for a skin they want.

Solutions?

Add a singular bundle for mag and frost respectfully and make a bundle that excludes regal aya.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, oceano4 said:

This doesn't relieve any of the FOMO or give players anymore choice.

I don't care for the Mag stuff at all.

I don't mind the Frost skin, but the Halo is all I want.

I don't want to pay MORE money than some triple A videos games for 1 in game cosmetic.

Regal Aya is useless to me too, I've been playing for 9 years.
I've got all the Prime gear and Prime cosmetics that I want.
I WANT to support you DE, but you're not making it easy.

I am in the exact same situation rn and it sucks. I payed less for Armored Core 6.

Edited by (XBOX)Itz2Cat
  • Like 4

the current price isnt quite the deterrent it was with the plat increase, being tied to the plat is still a problem but i dont mind spare at the moment so its not actually a deterent to me right now, the biggest thing stopping me from buying is that it still has aya in it, i want that gone, i cant use it  and i dont want it on my account for any reason.  i didnt like the idea of aya when it was introduced, adding plat to the aya packs didnt change my mind and this is just giving me reason to double down on that opinion

i have a similar opinion of rivens and what they did to the meta and the market, but those cant be avoided because they are in game as part of the general drop tables in many spots, aya can.