Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

While you did address a complaint the community has had about these bundles, it still doesn't change the fact that its time limited and entirely overpriced. If you had made the zenith tier bundle for these skins roughly only 40$ USD and made these purchasable in game with platinum then nobody would care, because that is exactly what you did with the new war supporter packs(mesa and volt sentient skins) but those had more value for less money. This is ruining all the trust you managed to gain back after the regal aya incident, please fix this.

• Like 3

The people saying that they need to remove the regal aya are the real farts here, think about all the new players that would like to progress in the game in the midst of all the overpriced prime trades. DE, please keep the regal aya, it will help to grow the games player base and will help any new players trying to invest time in this great game.

The changes you making just shows how greedy you are , the problem is the price , $90 for cosmetics is worse than what blizzard did with diablo immortal and D4. If they were half that it still be way too much , adding and increasing plat amounts is a cop out , after playing 7 years if this coninues you wont be getting any more money from me and i guarantee you will lose more people playing .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cerikus said:

Ok, I will say it very, VERY slowly.

The skins are virtual item in a videogame. THEY ARE WORTH LITERALLY NOTHING.

The real question is: Does DE deserve my 90$ for providing me with 5802.7 hours of free game?

I had a hell of a time for the past 2 years in Warframe and I am more than happy to give back to DE, if I can do it by buying amazing skins, nice.

Look you stay on your copium m8 not wasting any more time on the blind

• Like 7

Ok, I will say it very, VERY slowly.

The skins are virtual item in a videogame. THEY ARE WORTH LITERALLY NOTHING.

The real question is: Does DE deserve my 90$ for providing me with 5802.7 hours of free game?

I had a hell of a time for the past 2 years in Warframe and I am more than happy to give back to DE, if I can do it by buying amazing skins, nice.

If this was the only monetization in the game you'd have a point.

It is very much not, and you don't. 

• Like 15

The post i was looking for.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

guessing only a very tiny portion of the community doesn't wear time-gate blinders. how are you guys blind to all the other time-gated packages?

Not counting Founder's there's only been one with cool items in it, the deimos pack with its unique weapon skin. The Railjack one only had an armor set that doesn't measure up to those otherwise available, and an emote. The new war pack, only had a gunblade skin, everything else desirable in that pack is available in game with plat separately. The Zariman and Veilbreaker ones? Still available a year later, and their only exclusive items are glyphs and sigils. These packs have also been much cheaper and even discounted later.

So really it's how are you blind to this pack being on a different level than anything previously.

• Like 2

Just now, (PSN)TEAINSHENNON said:

Look you stay on your copium m8 not wasting any more time on the blind

You have no solid argument against my very reasonable opinion, so you resort to implying I am unreasonable and on copium.

Way to lose all the credibility you had left ;))))))

Bought the pack and I don't mind the extra plat, more is better. But if the time exclusive thing goes I will definitely want a refund, likewise if the skins become available for plat. Maby just don't do it again with next pack, personally my biggest attraction to the game has always been the fact that you can get anything without paying and since people are lazy I am certain you still made money. If the population goes the game kinda goes

Hello,

I was happy with the pack as it was, I understood it as a pack of "This is a special opportunity to show your love for warframe" by buying a pack of exclusive ultra-high quality content that is exclusive as said.

I heard there was some backlash about the price-value about it, and eventho I never even thought about buying a Prime Access pack, I decided to get this pack for the matter of showing my support for a game I've had deep respect for, especially when I played Dark Sector on Xbox360 after trying the WF beta in 2013 for some time.

Of course I highly value that you (Digital Extremes) take action upon hearing the community feedback, and I am more than happy to hea that you won't change the exclusivity of those skins according to what was promised.

Just like it is with Excalibur Prime, you keep your word. (unlike other developers out there who I've been believing before, that proved themselves dishonest)

I'm glad to hear that I get even more from what I already purchased, but I want to say my honest statement, I bought it because of the exclusivity of the extremely insanely well done skins, I completely ignored the plat and regal aya.

Thank you for offering me this opportunity of showing off with what noone else has, because I was there, almost from the start. And combined with the 10year Anniversary Glyph (that I finally got despite not winning the community contest 😱, I feel truely wholesome and just like I see my own value ingame. Experienced and wise. This game has tought me a lot, as much pain of social hunger, as much as knowledge and wisdom of how to treat myself fairly when playing videogames. Usually I stopped playing when it wasn't fun anymore, and whenever I came back, these short breaks showed themselves as necessary to appreciate the time and efforts I put into it and the fun of gameplay I have when playing.

Thank you for 10 Years! :heart::lotus:💖

Edited by rooftopishere
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, feralknights said:
  1. The 10 Year accolade should not be sold for $30US.  Speaks for itself:  If you have ten years on your account, you should get it.

Yeah. The accolade is what really ticks me off here. The way it's worded, they're making it sound like it's for celebration but it's not. This should be either:

A) given to all players who had supported the game in any way financially (buying plat, merch), maybe require a minimum amount of login days for non paying players or hell, just give it to everyone who signed up before Tennocon. Because this is the game's and a community milestone, about a game running for 10 years and everyone in it celebrating and having fun WHICH GATEKEEPING HAS NO PLACE IN. 

B) Give it to players who had been registered since 2013. I'd be fine with this too and it's true to the name at least. It's just gonna be my second year and that is a fact I can live with. 

Not this thinly disguised accolade trying to make it look like it's commemorating something. As I said on the other thread, it would be like if your favorite shop, bank, business etc. that you really loved and loyally supported celebrated their long lasting establishment. And ooh, they're giving out freebies and knick knacks for their patrons as a way to commemorate their years-long lasting business. Thanking their loyal customers for keeping them afloat for this long. 

But guess what? Oops, if you didn't buy what they wanted you to buy, you get nothing! See how gut-wrenching that is? This is exactly what's happening here! The "ten-year supporter" part of the accolade feels hollow as a small puddle on the sidewalk, and the factors involving it doesn't help at all.

Edited by Stafelund
Added some more stuff for the example.
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

I'd say that bloat is the primary reason people are angry. While alleviating a factor of these issues, it is no solution. While regal Aya had one primary issue, these bundles inherit many. But sadly, now many cannot be fixed as people have already payed.

The only other solution (that will cause major complaints) is add another bundle with the 2 skins in.

I believe that DE have been testing the waters and now they have dug themselves a hole. There is no resolution to this situation that will not result in major blow-back.

But i also do believe that a ounce of commendation is to be adressed. Thank you for not remaining silent about this situation.

Edited by (XBOX)Itz2Cat
  • Like 2

I purchased the pack Day 1ish.

I have no need for Plat and Aya and I can see the frustration for people not wanting to pay a higher price. I also understand why they would resist a cheaper bundle etc as to not put out the people who purchased it already. But for me I have a great solution.

Keep all the packs as they are and offer the skins and cosmetics at a lower price individually too and for the people who purchased the pack originally like myself give an "Heirloom token" that can be used on the next Heirloom pack to maybe get one of the skins for free.

• Like 5

I bought the top pack, and I'm not really happy about more platinum. I mean, I'll take it, but I don't feel like it sorted the issue. I don't need platinum, I have inv full of stuff I can sell to get plat.

I don't need Aya either. Throughout years I already paid for cosmetics I wanted.

I really wished for 'clean' pack that just has cosmetics I want, at more reasonable price. This pack was nearly dealbreaker for me, you barely scraped by and now when I paid for it, the result is that I'm not gonna splurge for a long time on Warframe. My method is to keep warframe purchases at around £10-13/month, I think of it as paying sub for a game I like without the need to pay for sub.

The sting in here is that for £60 I could have bought A LOT of Tennogen. 

What maybe had a lot of value for you, old employee coming back and doing nice skins, the truth is that plenty of people will think nothing of it, myself included. On face value, this is ridiculously expensive, and I feel like I was manouvred into this purchase and I'm not fully satisfied even after platinum injection. I mostly wanted halos, but from my bad experiences when I had to pay again because I didn't buy top package (which is also something you could do better DE), I was like, "fine, I'll buy it but no WF purchases for the next 6 months. So yeah, packages were bad value and are better value for some players who need plat, but ultimately, the problem is that as a single purchase (and cosmetics) this is just a cash grab.

So, quoting Little Duck, "enjoy the boost", and don't do this crap again. You'll see my wallet sometime in February 2024.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

We do not feel it would be fair to those who purchased an Heirloom Collection already with the understanding that they were time-limited to now remove that element.

so you are low key admitting that putting pressure on people to SPEND NOW OR NEVER GET IT, LOSER is your business model from here on out? very cool. 

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

If this was the only monetization in the game you'd have a point.

It is very much not, and you don't. 

Well. Let's disect this though.

1) Prime access.
I usually don't buy it, because I like to farm the warframes myself in-game.

2) Prime accessories.
I buy them, if I like them, but I am not buying items just to support the devs. If I wanna invest money I actually want a use for the item I get.

3) Regal Aya.
Bought it in the past to get some accessories.

4) Supporter packs.
Usually they skip too much of the new content and grind, so I don't find them appealing.

5) Platinum.
Usually don't need it.

6) New Heirloom collection.
Duh.

Nothing else in the game.

Edited by Cerikus
forgot plat

1 minute ago, Sir_Androidno17 said:

I purchased the pack Day 1ish.

I have no need for Plat and Aya and I can see the frustration for people not wanting to pay a higher price. I also understand why they would resist a cheaper bundle etc as to not put out the people who purchased it already. But for me I have a great solution.

Keep all the packs as they are and offer the skins and cosmetics at a lower price individually too and for the people who purchased the pack originally like myself give an "Heirloom token" that can be used on the next Heirloom pack to maybe get one of the skins for free.

Yeah I think the main take away for DE should really be that the community just wants more options for purchasing.  FOMO will forever be an on going discussion as long as GAAS is being made by most companies.  In this case I don't think FOMO is the main issue and more it's adding pressure to the lack of options that exist for people who actually want to support DE still.  Of course I could be totally wrong though.

• Like 1

It seems like the 5 people still defending DE on this debacle really has forgotten what the industry is like inside. 

No, people are not mad at DE for "a F2P game needs money to maintain" or "it's just a cosmetic" or whatever other excuse you throw out.

We understand, in fact probably all of us understand that as a F2P game, DE needs microtransactions to support their development. But you are the real point on why people are so rightfully infuriated. 

DE is not poor by any means of that word, they are one of the few successful F2P games on the market specifically *because* of how relatively fair their business model has been. They would not have been bought out by Tencent if they weren't a money printer and they also wouldn't be working on 3 projects if they were struggling at all. 

Just within Warframe itself, DE already has a wide range of revenue streams. Judging by the active trading community, the playerbase as a whole is clearly steadily buying platinum. On top of that, people are buying Prime Access every 3 months, the god forsaken Regal Aya, along with Tennogen and the half a dozen "supporter packs". DE simply isn't in a position where they "need" to monetise the bundle like this.

The reason so many people who buy these existing microtransactions do so is because we are have the mutual understanding that DE does need money to maintain the game and players (including myself) are happy to support a studio that respects its players and provides a good game.

For DE to now come out with such an overpriced, bloated, timegated bundle that exploits people's FOMO and its joke of a "fix", right after their convention where countless people have already splurged massively on WF merch. It is a massive betrayal to players, they are telling us that they no longer value their player's trust over short term profit, that the "lessons" they promised us they have learnt time and time again was all for naught. They are willing to exploit an emotional moment in warframe history, a celebration, to fleece players for more money. 

No, you cannot point to other games to defend DE because DE was supposed to one of the last bastions of fair monetisation in modern gaming. Pointing out $150 cosmetics in Apex does not make this any less predatory.

No, you cannot simply say "it's just cosmetics" when half of the WF end game is fashion frame, and when DE had always known how to fairly monetise cosmetics. 

No, you cannot say "this is a special release for the 10th anniversary" when all it does is point out how little DE cares about the community that has stuck with it for 10 whole years if it means they can get squeeze more out of their players over literal cosmetics.

• Like 27

I cant believe DE is celebrating 10 Years of Warframe by launching Deluxe Skins for
the Legacy Warframes Frost and Mag and locking them behind a Paywall and FOMO

I have NO PROBLEM with the Heirloom Bundles to exist, but the Players who make
Warframe one of the BEST F2P Games EVER are the great majority of this Community

This whole ordeal has really soured my opinion on DE and as a "Veteran" who spent
a lot of Money, Passion and Time in Warframe Im really considering my commitement
to this Game, I dont want to participate in Predatory Monetization Tactics
They are literally giving their biggest Whales a Crown to use, sorry I mean "Signas"

Give those Players their Exclusive 10 Year Accolade that will show on their Profiles FOREVER,
and keep the Glyph, the Emote and the Palette Exclusive to those Bundles but please open
the Frost and Mag Skins to the Community, like you did with the Sentient Visions Bundle

You would not only stop this whole Heirloom debacle on its tracks, you would actually make MORE money

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

No. The Frost and Mag Deluxe Skins (and ONLY those 2 Skins) should be sold for Platinum
Make it very expensive, 550PL for each Warframe, but open these Skins to the Community

Proud Of You Yes GIF

I mean - I did say to add the skins to the Marketplace after the sale ends. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sean said:

So not actually addressing the issue and still going ahead with this poor decision.

Can't wait to see what next horrible microtransaction idea you guys cook up as it just keeps getting worse in regards to mtx each year.

"When people show you who they are, believe them."

• Like 8

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

does not remove any value for Tenno who have bought them.

You see, this is the reason we cant have good changes. Whales are still ganna be  "oh, you just dont buy the pack if you dont like it, it doesnt effect you what other people do with their money." We could had skin sold seperately from the bundle, but becasue whales gonna be whales, we have to settle down to this bandaid of a "fix".

Good job, my dear community. You voted with your wallet again and got what you deserved.

• Like 7