Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

23 hours ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

She's the comunitys voice in the DE company you half to blame her a bit for some of this situation

She can bring up our complaints to whoever is responsible for this mishap over at DE. 

What she cannot do is provide us the solution. She is here to bridge communication between us and DE.

I am very sure she did her job just fine. The responsibility falls upon whoever who came up with this """solution.""" 

23 hours ago, Gabriel-Fi said:

I get the point you're trying to make, and i agree, but to be fair, who are you going to get mad/yell at if it does?

23 hours ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

If they didn't communicate well to the chef on what I wanted then yes 

Say I wanted cheese and the waiter told the chef to add more pickles because thats what I wanted when I never asked for pickles 

Just how we didn't ask for more plat yet we got more plat most likely do to bad communicate on what the comunity actually wanted

Please don't take shots at Megan. She isn't the one responsible for this debacle, that much is clear.

All she did was communicate the changes decided by those in higher positions, and relayed those changes to us. I'm very sure she did not have a say in making the aforementioned decisions.

Can we please be civilized and point our Bratons at the right people?

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

Please don't take shots at Megan. She isn't the one responsible for this debacle, that much is clear.

All she did was communicate the changes decided by those in higher positions, and relayed those changes to us. I'm very sure she did not have a say in making the aforementioned decisions.

She most likely had miss information given to the people in charge because NO ONE ASKED FOR MORE PLAT we asked for a 4th pack with just the cosmetics without the inflated 90 dollar price do to the added plat and aya 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TypeZeroEmiya said:

I think DE actually made its statement quite clear, people just didn't read carefully.

Yeah, no buddy, it's clear as day that players understand they are still gonna fight this.

37 minutes ago, Ageless_Emperion said:

I have a grand idea, lets ask Stephanie Sterling for help again. I mean its not her responsibility at all and its doubtful anything will come of it, but maybe another media thrashing for DE might remind them there are consequences for these kinds of actions.

Wow, that's really weird, I remember Sterling from the very first video they made, quite the change the person made huh?

But hey, if she is able to do some media thrashing, go ahead and contact her!

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

On 2023-09-01 at 4:59 PM, Cerikus said:

Ok. You crossed the line.

People are insulting each other left and right in this thread, but ONLY because they have different opinions and that's fine.
What you are implying is that people with a badge should be shamed. That is too much.

Certain people were marked with badges in 1941, because there was this whole group (I won't name) that disagreed with their entire existence.

You can disagree with the packs, you can disagree with people who buy them, but what you did is disgusting.

Apologies mate, but: 1) using those historical event as a parallel to what might happen in a video game is just distasteful and 2) your comparison doesn't even make sense in this context. Here's why - the people who bought this pack, made a choice, and that choice was to vote with their wallets in favour of predatory microtransaction tactics, whereas the people were not marked with badges because they made some choice someone didn't like, it was because they were just born of certain ethnicity, something they had exactly 0 control over. To make your comparison work, we'd have to say that whales who voted with their wallets for in favour of microtransaction hell (or back then - people who voted in the party responsible for all those atrocities), and who chose to wear an accolade (or back then - a black and red armbands), do not deserve to be criticised by the people most affected by those decisions, aka the average players, who don't want this game to turn into mtx hell (or back then - the people marked with a different armbands). However, I sincerely doubt that you'd want to make that comparison (in fact I hope you wouldn't).

Now, do I think that somehow it's just as bad or evil to buy the packs as it was to vote for that party? Oh hell no, not by a long shot - as mentioned up top, I find it distasteful and even outright disgusting to make that parallel in reference to something as inconsequential as a discussion about MTX in a damn video game. I merely wanted to show you just ridiculous your argument was.

Finally, when it comes to my stance on people with those new accolades - while not even close to how evil the choice from the comparison above was, buying the packs still sends a clear signal to the developers, that such practices are perfectly fine, which in turn encourages them to implement more of those in the future. What this then leads to, is a much less enjoyable experience for the average player. That is why, while I don't really endorse outright attacks on people who bought the packs, I can absolutely see the need to criticise them for allowing the developers to get away with it, and if reason doesn't work, then, while not optimal or preferred, shaming would be the next go-to. The point is, afterall, to reduce the number of people buying unfair packs in the future, in order to disincentivize such practises by DE in the future - if people who have an accolade right now, before the main issue (aka inflating the bundles' prices with extra currency) is addressed, get shamed for it, they will hopefully be less likely to just uncritically accept and support bad deals in the future.

Edit 1: Fixing minor grammar error

Edited by Kubmac
  • Like 10

26 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yeah, no buddy, it's clear as day that players understand they are still gonna fight this.

Of course people are gonna fight but no further changes will be done to current Heirloom Collection probably. Hopefully future bundles (if they exist) will have more flexibility.

On 2023-08-30 at 8:08 PM, [DE]Megan said:

We missed the mark here and understand the feedback we're receiving because of it. After taking some time to review and evaluate our options based on the concerns

Haha yay, this can't be bad!

On 2023-08-30 at 8:08 PM, [DE]Megan said:

we have opted to increase the Platinum amounts in all Heirloom Packs. 

haha wow I hope everyone in the company has to chug their shame for the rest of their careers if they don't do an ACTUAL FIX.

2 hours ago, TypeZeroEmiya said:

Of course people are gonna fight but no further changes will be done to current Heirloom Collection probably. Hopefully future bundles (if they exist) will have more flexibility.

so basically let them get away with it again?

it's been 10 years and they literally have NEVER gone back to make something better before, YOU ARE WHY THIS EXISTS.

5 hours ago, Sean said:

Will DE actually respond or just wait for this to fizzle out?

THEY ALWAYS WAIT

Do NOT let this die out, literally come here every day if need be to make sure they know to be ashamed.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Thunderlord_Zinogre said:

it's been 10 years and they literally have NEVER gone back to make something better before, YOU ARE WHY THIS EXISTS.

I said earlier, I am not here to judge whether their response is acceptable or not. Stop trying to force people to choose sides.

33 minutes ago, TypeZeroEmiya said:

Fair but changes need to be done now, not "We're so sowwry, we pinky promise it wot happen again!!1" 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Skoomaseller said:

It's really a shame the way the public relations and community management staff gets all that fire breathed at them instead of the people actually responsible because it's just so much easier to not think and just spit everything out at the first person available, and same for the reactive sinophobia we've seen a bit of around.

Really, all the same around customer facing roles all around, does really bad things for my faith in humanity.

1 hour ago, Ageless_Emperion said:

I have a grand idea, lets ask Stephanie Sterling for help again. I mean its not her responsibility at all and its doubtful anything will come of it, but maybe another media thrashing for DE might remind them there are consequences for these kinds of actions.

Yeah, she's probably be quite interested in this.

Either way, I hope the community team is enjoying their weekend of not having to deal with the tire fire for now, and also that someone further up the chain starts making good decisions.

Edited by distal.op
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, distal.op said:

It's really a shame the way the public relations and community management staff gets all that fire breathed at them instead of the people actually responsible because it's just so much easier to not think and just spit everything out at the first person available, and same for the reactive sinophobia we've seen a bit of around.

Yeah, she's probably be quite interested in this.

Either way, I hope the community team is enjoying their weekend of not having to deal with the tire fire for now, and also that someone further up the chain starts making good decisions.

It really doesn't help how aimless some of the anger can be, i always try to go for higher ups since they are in charge of groups and at least a couple handle the MTXs S#&$ (mind you idk much of how the industry operates, but i do try to keep a consistency and fairness is the point)

Honestly, go further, get other youtubers and the like to spread awareness.

• Like 3

i dont wanna sound ungrateful, but i love that the only thing we got for the 10th anniversary is an outfit for our operator and a mission to get an umbra forma

"We here at DE would like to thank everyone for sticking with us for 10 years! now give us 90 bucks or else"

Edited by dragonmermaid
  • Like 13

That's what people said about Regal Aya. People were upset by the removal of a large amount of value from the packs, and DE said "we can't change it now, we'll consider it in the future". Sound familiar? And instead of the community backing down to the few saying "well I guess that's it, guys, DE said no and nothing is going to change from here so hopefully it's better next time", the community continued pushing and DE relented and fixed their mistake. We didn't need to wait for DE to maybe think about it later if they want to, the problem was fixed and it was done. Why settle for "hopefully"?

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 15

2 hours ago, Thunderlord_Zinogre said:

Haha yay, this can't be bad!

haha wow I hope everyone in the company has to chug their shame for the rest of their careers if they don't do an ACTUAL FIX.

2 hours ago, Thunderlord_Zinogre said:

THEY ALWAYS WAIT

Do NOT let this die out, literally come here every day if need be to make sure they know to be ashamed.

Excaly

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

That's what people said about Regal Aya. People were upset by the removal of a large amount of value from the packs, and DE said "we can't change it now, we'll consider it in the future". Sound familiar? And instead of the community backing down to the few saying "well I guess that's it, guys, DE said no and nothing is going to change from here so hopefully it's better next time", the community continued pushing and DE relented and fixed their mistake. We didn't need to wait for DE to maybe think about it later if they want to, the problem was fixed and it was done. Why settle for "hopefully"?

Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

*Sound of opening snacks*

What is the point of this post?

Sarcasm or not, you'll just get blocked by a bunch of people who think you are just sheeping for DE

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 8

21 минуту назад, PublikDomain сказал:

Well, I hope that this time too, DE will not abandon everything at this stage.

• Like 1

I have an honest question for people that want DE to remove the time limitation of the Heirloom packs. What do you value more: 

DE not breaking a word they've given. OR Getting what you want.

I keep thinking about it and I don't know what's better.

DE basically gave a word that the Heirloom collection is time limited and people bought it knowing it is.
(Let's not waste time talking whether it's ethical or not, that's not my point.)

That means there are only TWO possible outcomes:

They don't change it and people will hate them for it.
They change it and people will hate them because they lied.

Damn.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I have an honest question for people that want DE to remove the time limitation of the Heirloom packs. What do you value more: 

You make it sound like its 2 different things. They already said they won't do this kind of stuff before. Here we are.

1 minute ago, Cerikus said:

Animated GIF

That's an absolute.

Edited by Darkbring
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I keep thinking about it and I don't know what's better.

DE basically gave a word that the Heirloom collection is time limited and people bought it knowing it is.
(Let's not waste time talking whether it's ethical or not, that's not my point.)

That means there are only TWO possible outcomes:

They don't change it and people will hate them for it.
They change it and people will hate them because they lied.

Damn.

Oh no poor DE in a dilemma of their own making.

I have 0 "trust" in these people as employees of a company anyways so I'll take the latter option.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Darkbring said:

You make it sound like its 2 different things. They already said they won't do this kind of stuff before.

I am talking about the CURRENT Heirloom pack, not about possible future whatever. Pay attention.

Either the current pack stays timelimited, therefore DE bad.
Or they remove the time limitation, therefore they broke the promise and lied, therefore DE bad.

It's a lose-lose situation.

3 minutes ago, Mavoron said:

Oh no poor DE in a dilemma of their own making.

I don't care about their dilamma.

I care about peoples opinion on that, which you provided: 

3 minutes ago, Mavoron said:

I have 0 "trust" in these people as employees of a company anyways so I'll take the latter option.

It surprises me you have 0 trust. Why did you lose it?

Edited by Cerikus