The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

19 hours ago, (PSN)x7thmoon said:

uh oh white knight alert !!!!!

yes indeed

LoL they have never ben trusted at all. every veteran player knows de has a reputation of negligence, cant be trusted, telling lies and aside from said bad reputation . . . severe inconsistency and terrible management choices especially with game mechanics and sutch. remember when de said "OH lets add cursor to consol so its more like pc"  and the entire comunity said dont ... and then they did it eanyways AND it was added under developed / not tested at all ... literally entire game was unable to play because we couldn't use navigation, arsenal, mod bench, market, nothing at all .... practicaly over a month until it was slightly fixd

Uh oh, nobody can have a differing opinion on the matter without being a white knight!!! 

I already acknowledged that it would've been better if they had launched the pack with a cheaper bundle, I am just saying I don't think it's feasible at this point for DE without risking angering the people who already paid for the pack. 

18 hours ago, Tahocess321 said:

1. No, the outrage is not overblown at all.

2. No, the packs are not a great deal. Lets consider the celestial pack before the further bloating with plat. 15 regal aya is 80 bucks. 80*6/15 = 32. The celestial bundle is 62$. 62-32 = 30. Literally over half of the cost of the bundle is artificially inflated with absolutely unnecesary premium currency. I don't care about regal aya, I don't care about plat, and if I only want the skins, having to pay over double the price for them just because the bundle includes premium currencies for bloat makes it actually a pretty terrible, predatory and disgusting deal.

3. The comparison with prime access is just stupid. Prime access is:

a) absolutely optional. You don't want/can't pay it? well the most important part of it is available in game for free!

b) "Universal" in that every cosmetic piece you get is avaliable for every frame you own

c) makes sense to have it bundled. All the items that come with the prime access are related, and makes sense to sell them together in a single pack

In contrast, the heirloom skins are purchase-only, warframe-specific (admitedly the signas are not), and on top of that if you only really like one of the frames you basically have to pay 62$ or more for a single #*!%ing skin. All of that for a 10-year celebration? Which by the way, I have probably spent the equivalent of several heirloom packs over the 6-7 years I've played warframe. Don't I deserve a 10 year supporter accolade? Have I not supported this game enough because I am not falling for their predatory FOMO tactics now?

I mean, I guess it's just depending on perspective, but if you go into it looking at regal Aya and plat as "artificial bloat" instead of it being something useful then you're already having preconceived notions about the pack. The Aya included is essentially the same as what you'd get from a prime access pack, and the platinum (at the Zenith tier) by itself is already $100. It's a great deal for what it offers purely from a numbers perspective. 

I don't think "predatory FOMO" is really an issue here, things can be limited time and have been limited time since the dawn of time. I don't think you or other people have the same outrage about kickstarter bonuses, or black Friday deals or try to FOMO the entire store. At the end of the day psychologically vulnerable people will always be that - psychologically vulnerable. DE didn't make them that way, they'd probably FOMO a limited time menu option at Burger King too lol.

Warframe itself is a limited time deal since it won't be here forever, and every dollar we spend on the game will someday just go away, it's not feasible to think this game or the people playing are going to last 100 years lol. 

I already acknowledged that DE probably should've launched the pack without the regal Aya and platinum, however I think this is no longer possible without risking the people who've already paid requesting refunds / doing charge backs, as it would be pretty insulting if a pack later launched for $30 after the fact. So honestly I think DE chose the best option going that they had left available at the time. 

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Humblemud said:

I don't really like the Heirloom Skins, apart from the Signas.

Everyone is super focused on other issues, nobody is really giving reviews of these things. Buyer beware: they badly screwed the coloring on them. The browns in the palette the pack CAME WITH aren't really brown on Mag's Secondary and the Tertiary on the Frame and Accents on Attachments is a completely different shade on the Signa when using the same color. A lot of the material on FROST cannot be WHITE. On FROST. So, much like the Heirloom Packs themselves not having much selection, color choices are limited too. That being said, I'm diggin' my Steampunk Glitterbomb Mag and Tomahawk Indian Stripper Frost.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, (NSW)Justarius said:

So...... this is gonna be another one of those things that gets buried with no real meaningful change huh?

My heart goes out to those frost mains who havent got a good skin since 2017 with harka. (yes its been that long)

He actually got a void shell skin, Update 32.2 (2022-11-30). Now I know some people don't count void shell skins/helmets as new fashion. And thats fair its kinda a reskin in some ways but I do count it. Mostly cause I like the look I made with it😅

Btw DE your forums sucks, thanks for logging me out AND when I log back in you send me back to the home page instead of the page I was on when you logged me out... 

So...... this is gonna be another one of those things that gets buried with no real meaningful change huh?

My heart goes out to those frost mains who havent got a good skin since 2017 with harka. (yes its been that long)

No, we're gonna make sure that this doesn't just get buried

• Like 10

I dont have a hope that DE make changes to skin pack and introduce "new" one without plat and regal aya for lower price, because players already bought them and they dont wanna go "that is unfair" road

Edited by Myscho

Not only was this egregious, greedy and a slimy thing to do to your player base at a celebration event for 10 years of thriving, it was also devious and manipulative, and I don't mean just the FOMO aspect.

By releasing this bundle the way that you did, and now that people have bought into your manipulative FOMO tactics, you ensured purchases so you have the perfect "excuse" to not create separate bundles or make any major changes without upsetting one group or the other. 

Great play DE, you are crafty I will give you that...

Edited by VeronicanPlay
  • Like 13

21 minutes ago, Myscho said:

I dont have a hope that DE make changes to skin pack and introduce "new" one without plat and regal aya for lower price, because players already bought them and they dont wanna go "that is unfair" road

Hell, I bought the Zenith and I'd definitely advocate adding packs that are at least more affordable for players. There is absolutely no good reason for a company to initiate or encourage a class war in their video game.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Lion said:

I don't think it's feasible at this point for DE without risking angering the people who already paid for the pack. 

Honest to god, nobody cares.

3 hours ago, Myscho said:

because players already bought them and they dont wanna go "that is unfair" road

Then they will suffer.

I'm tired of this garbage that we were told would get better, but it's been getting worse for the past 6~ years.
Either they fix it, or the ship sinks.

1 hour ago, Lionsheart89 said:

Yep. Gotta keep applying the pressure.

Make sure this topic stays at the top.

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Tahocess321 said:

sad reality is that veterans, which is for the most part the players these skins are aimed for, know how to make plat without having to spend a cent, and that wouldn't fill the pockets of big ol' papa Tencent

The only free plat is the giveaway plat, which is an insignificant amount in the total currency pool. All the other plat was purchased from DE for money at some point, some of it was even purchased without discount (which is VERY profitable for DE). So while you don't spend a cent, someone at some point did.

• Like 4

On 2023-08-30 at 2:08 PM, [DE]Megan said:

We’re back in action after TennoCon 2023 - and our number one priority is addressing the community’s reaction to the Heirloom Collection

You haven't addressed anything and there's now 71 pages and 1800 replies of disappointment and anger twords DE for artificially inflating the price of 2 skins and a few cosmetic to 90 dollars (literally the price of a new game with dlc) by adding platinum and aya to the pack and then saying well were not going to adress this concern but we are adding more platinum (WHICH NO ONE ASKED FOR) 

we asked for a 4th pack for those that just want the cosmetics and skins without the inflated price do to the addition of platinum and aya for maby  25 to 30 dollars Thats what we want

yet you never listen to us the only thing you care about is our money and how much you can squeeze out of us so if we stopped buying stuff from your shop. Boycotting your store and you started loosing revenue would you listen to us since our wallets are the only thing you care about  not your fans and loyal players 

Anyone reading this that is unhappy with the state of the Heirloom pack and the greed of DEcent i eardge you to not buy anything from there shop or platinum purchase until they start listening to there loyal fan's and create a 4th pack that is not inflated by the addition of platinum and aya (maby 25 ro 30 dollars) letting everyone enjoy the skins and cosmetics not just the whales that are willing to pay 90 dollars 

Edited by (XBOX)toughdragon17
Typo
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Yes, they'll suffer the indignity of other people having the skins too. How terrible.

not at all the point. The point being that the people who bought the $90 pack now essentially get screwed out of $60 with very little chance of a refund.

I think the ideal scenario would've just been to launch with a cheaper option, but we are past launch and now that is no longer possible without risking the above scenario.

DE is choosing to not risk pissing off the people who've already paid in favor of the people who haven't paid, and I can't really fault them for that. I mean there's a good chance that half the people complaining will probably still complain even if the pack was like $50, and many probably still won't buy the pack at all even if DE were to come out with a cheaper pack.

Edited by Lion

21 minutes ago, Lion said:

not at all the point. The point being that the people who bought the $90 pack now essentially get screwed out of $60 with very little chance of a refund.

I think the ideal scenario would've just been to launch with a cheaper option, but we are past launch and now that is no longer possible without risking the above scenario.

DE is choosing to not risk pissing off the people who've already paid in favor of the people who haven't, and I can't really fault them for that.

If the point is that people are getting "screwed out of $60", then what do you think would be the more appropriate response?

1. Stop "screwing people out of $60" and address why people feel "screwed out of $60" and make it right for the people who have already been "screwed out of $60" so that no one past or present or future feels "screwed out of $60"
    or
  2. Do nothing and keep "screwing people out of $60" because it wouldn't be fair to the people who were already "screwed out of $60"

"But there are already a lot of people that have paid for a bunch of fluff they didn't actually want and wouldn't have bought if they had the option" doesn't shield DE from addressing the fluff, it's an admission that there's fluff in these packs people didn't want to buy in the first place. What DE has chosen so far is to leave the people who've already paid for stuff they wouldn't have bought otherwise exactly where they were: "screwed out of $60", all while using those people as an excuse to not do anything about it. It's quite literally a trolley problem.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 9

Just now, PublikDomain said:

If the point is that people are getting "screwed out of $60", then what do you think would be the more appropriate response?

1. Stop "screwing people out of $60" and address why people feel "screwed out of $60" and make it right for the people who have already been "screwed out of $60" so that no one past or present or future feels "screwed out of $60"
    or
  2. Do nothing and keep "screwing people out of $60" because it wouldn't be fair to the people who were already "screwed out of $60"

"Oh but there are already a lot of people upset at having to pay for a bunch of fluff they don't want" doesn't shield DE from addressing the fluff, it's an admission that there's fluff in these packs people didn't want to buy in the first place.

1. There's no way to address this that hasn't already been addressed. The changes made the packs into genuinely great deals for the price. Most people who bought it are happy with what they got -- that is unless the pack suddenly becomes cheaper or gets relaunched for cheaper. While many were happy with paying $90, I am sure they would've rather paid $30 and will feel betrayed if that becomes an option retroactively. Again, barring a partial refund (not feasible), there's no way to address this without screwing over the people who already paid, and if that happens they will likely be much more hesitant about future purchases because they could just get screwed over again.

2. They haven't "done nothing" - they made changes to the pack that actually made it worth $90. Nobody is saying the pack is not worth $90 now - people are only complaining about the lack of a cheaper pack without the aya and $100 worth of platinum, not requesting alterations to the currently available pack.

Yes they should learn from this experience and going forward not repeat this mistake, but as of this current situation there's not much more they can do beside move on.

1 hour ago, Lion said:

DE is choosing to not risk pissing off the people who've already paid in favor of the people who haven't paid, and I can't really fault them for that. I mean there's a good chance that half the people complaining will probably still complain even if the pack was like $50, and many probably still won't buy the pack at all even if DE were to come out with a cheaper pack.

many people really dont care how the people who bought it feel they supported the greedy decision that DEcent put out there with there pack that is artificially inflated by adding platinum and aya they could have sead no and stood up against DEcents greed fighting for the loyal fans that only want the cosmetics and skins but can't get them because DEcent artificially inflated the pack to 90 dollars (literally the price of a new game and some dlc to go with it)

1 hour ago, Lion said:

1. There's no way to address this that hasn't already been addressed. The changes made the packs into genuinely great deals for the price. Most people who bought it are happy with what they got -- that is unless the pack suddenly becomes cheaper or gets relaunched for cheaper. While many were happy with paying $90, I am sure they would've rather paid $30 and will feel betrayed if that becomes an option retroactively. Again, barring a partial refund (not feasible), there's no way to address this without screwing over the people who already paid, and if that happens they will likely be much more hesitant about future purchases because they could just get screwed over again.

2. They haven't "done nothing" - they made changes to the pack that actually made it worth $90. Nobody is saying the pack is not worth $90 now - people are only complaining about the lack of a cheaper pack without the aya and $100 worth of platinum, not requesting alterations to the currently available pack.

Yes they should learn from this experience and going forward not repeat this mistake, but as of this current situation there's not much more they can do beside move on.

They should add a 4th pack like everyone wanted with only the skins and cosmetics without the inflated price do to the addition of platinum and aya 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

They should add a 4th pack like everyone wanted with only the skins and cosmetics without the inflated price do to the addition of platinum and aya 

I've already addressed my thoughts on this - they should have at the beginning/launch window. I feel like it is too late to implement this without trampling over the people who already bought the pack. You may not like or care about these people (evident by your posts above) but they are just people playing the game, same as you. These aren't "whales" or "shills" - just people playing the game. And they deserve to have the same care and consideration that you are asking DE for currently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lion said:

There's no need to reduce the price of existing packs when they can offer new skins-only packs for cash or plat without all the fluff. Like you've said, the packs now offer a great value with the change from this PSA. But there are people who don't care for or have a use for all that fluff inflating the price. And if one of those people bought a pack with plat and Regal Aya despite never wanting those currencies, then that's bad regardless of further changes and should be addressed and not left alone.

1 hour ago, Lion said:

that is unless the pack suddenly becomes cheaper or gets relaunched for cheaper.

DE does exactly this with Prime Accessories and no one seems to mind?

1 hour ago, Lion said:

Which does nothing the people who have already bought that plat and Regal Aya but never wanted to and had no options, and which does nothing for the people who haven't bought because of the inclusion of so much fluff.

1 hour ago, Lion said:

And they deserve to have the same care and consideration that you are asking DE for currently.

If someone bought a pack and did not want the fluff, then they're already "screwed out of $60" as you put it. They paid for something they did not want because they had no option not to. Is leaving them "screwed out of $60" really "care and consideration"? They deserve to not be "screwed out of $60" just like anyone who doesn't want to pay for the fluff. It'd be great if they were never "screwed out of $60" in the first place, but we're past that now. Is it better to be un-"screwed out of $60" or to be left "screwed out of $60" because it wouldn't be fair if they and other people stopped being screwed?

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Lion said:

I've already addressed my thoughts on this - they should have at the beginning/launch window. I feel like it is too late to implement this without trampling over the people who already bought the pack. You may not like or care about these people (evident by your posts above) but they are just people playing the game, same as you. These aren't "whales" or "shills" - just people playing the game. And they deserve to have the same care and consideration that you are asking DE for currently.

First they should still make a 4th pack without the plat and aya and just the skins and cosmetics for those loyal fans who dont want the plat and aya or cant afford 90 dollars i dont care if you think its to late we deserve better than how we've been treated with this greedy crap pile of a pack they call the Heirloom pack 

Second We asked for a 4th pack and they disrespectfuly didn't listen and instead added more plat (WE NEVER ASKED FOR)

Finaly Most of the people who bought the pack are whales as that is most likely who DEcent was targeting 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

If someone bought a pack and did not want the fluff, then they're already "screwed out of $60" as you put it. They paid for something they did not want because they had no option not to. Is leaving them "screwed out of $60" really "care and consideration"? They deserve to not be "screwed out of $60" just like anyone who doesn't want to pay for the fluff. It'd be great if they were never "screwed out of $60" in the first place, but we're past that now. Is it better to be un-"screwed out of $60" or to be left "screwed out of $60" because it wouldn't be fair if they and other people stopped being screwed?

They're not screwed out of $60 until a $30 pack becomes available is my point. As it is now, nobody is getting screwed because the $70 and $90 packs offer a great value at the price point, its essentially equivalent to a prime access despite being $40 less.

1 minute ago, Lion said:

They're not screwed out of $60 until a $30 pack becomes available is my point. As it is now, nobody is getting screwed because the $70 and $90 packs offer a great value at the price point, its essentially equivalent to a prime access despite being $40 less.

Yes they are? lol

If you paid for something you do not want, you are already "screwed". You've overpaid. You never wanted the stuff you had to buy. That's already not good. That should be addressed.

The "value" of the packs has nothing to do with it, because $70 is $70 and $90 is $90.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Yes they are? lol

If you paid for something you do not want, you are already "screwed". You've overpaid. You never wanted the stuff you had to buy. That's already not good. That should be addressed.

The "value" of the packs has nothing to do with it, because $70 is $70 and $90 is $90.

I'm not sure how to phrase this that'll best get my point across tbh. I've tried rephrasing and that doesn't seem to be working. As it is now I feel fine at $90, I have no issue with the pack or any of it's contents. But if the pack comes out again at $30, then I am not going to feel fine.

2 minutes ago, Lion said:

I'm not sure how to phrase this that'll best get my point across tbh. I've tried rephrasing and that doesn't seem to be working. As it is now I feel fine at $90, I have no issue with the pack or any of it's contents. But if the pack comes out again at $30, then I am not going to feel fine.

If you wouldn't feel fine if a $30 skins-only bundle were added, then it doesn't sound like you're actually fine at $90...

• Like 9