The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

39 minutes ago, Voltage said:

This is the wrong approach. What you should be saying is that the original marketing of the bundle was unfair to begin with. This isn't about "controlling yourself", it's about contradictory behavior. I bought this bundle because of the exclusivities and FOMO. I wouldn't be disrespected if they fixed the bundle or added another. What DE is doing is speaking for others.

I'm also not sure why they chose now to use this excuse when all previous supporter bundles have gone on sale when they were on their way out. It's the same principle. If you can discount previous supporter packs after their availability for months, then you aren't disrespecting people by fixing this issue either.

As an example, because receipts are fun: the New War Invasion Supporter Pack was $10 and then dropped to $8 permanently before being removed from the store.

AKcG1Wp.png

TjmtkTu.png

Other packs regularly go on sale on Steam as well for discounts up to 45% off.

Was DE concerned with "disrespecting" purchasers of those Supporter packs back then?

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 15

5 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

As an example, because receipts are fun: the New War Invasion Supporter Pack was $10 and then dropped to $8 permanently before being removed from the store.

AKcG1Wp.png

Other packs regularly go on sale on Steam as well for discounts up to 45% off.

Was DE concerned with "disrespecting" purchasers of those Supporter packs back then?

Well there's a big difference between a $10 supporter pack to a $90 supported pack. Maybe it'll go on sale before it leaves as well. We don't know atm.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Well there's a big difference between a $10 supporter pack to a $90 supported pack.

The $40 supporter bundle in that line went on sale for $22. 45% is kind of a large amount?

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Maybe it'll go on sale before it leaves as well. We don't know atm.

But that would be "unfair" to the people who bought it at full price. 🙄

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Kattefjaes said:

This saga rumbles on, and they still haven't grown a conscience or read the room.

It's actually hilarious when you see someone with these in-game, like seeing the blue tick on Twitter.

While playing iv actually seen people leave the squad because someone had the skin and glyph usually leading to host migrations and or the person with the pack leaving the squad

• Like 3

Just now, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

While playing iv actually seen people leave the squad because someone had the skin and glyph usually leading to host migrations and or the person with the pack leaving the squad

I don't think you can prove they left because of that though. Unless they stated in a message they were gonna do it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

I don't think you can prove they left because of that though. Unless they stated in a message they were gonna do it.

There are posts about it on the subreddit as well:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/164ms5l/dont_be_a_$&*^_to_people_who_bought_the_heirlooms/

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/16394ip/it_has_come_to_my_attention_that_some_of_yall/

People are being harassed (and are harassing) over these skins.

2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

That's obviously not okay. DE might have created the problem, but these sorts of scenarios are 110% on the players.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Thats just sad, hopefully they'll come to their senses and stop harassing them.

7 minutes ago, Lionsheart89 said:

That's obviously not okay. DE might have created the problem, but these sorts of scenarios are 110% on the players.

It's also entirely predictable and stems from a completely unnecessary situation. If you divide people into groups of course the groups are gonna fight. Some people who have the packs are taking this as an opportunity to flex some perceived superiority and punch down at the poors, and some people who don't have the packs are punching up at the perceived unfairness and elitism.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

It's also entirely predictable and stems from a completely unnecessary situation. If you divide people into groups of course the groups are gonna fight. Some people who have the packs are taking this as an opportunity to flex some perceived superiority and punch down at the poors, and some people who don't have the packs are punching up at the perceived unfairness and elitism.

Absolutely. I was just saying that this (the harassment) is a player created problem, but I guess it's more human nature than anything else. We humans are quick to join in on any form of tribalism.

Edited by Lionsheart89

Just now, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Fair enough. If I said anything inflammatory, and it was deleted, then that's fine. I probably typed it out while I was frustrated. Hopefully they don't go overboard with their cleansing though. There really is some good feedback here, even if it can be perceived as being a little rude.

5 minutes ago, Lionsheart89 said:

Absolutely. I was just saying that this (the harassment) is a player created problem, but I guess it's more human nature than anything else. We humans are quick to join in on any form of tribalism.

I wouldn't say player created per-se. Players are certainly the ones doing it, but DE's the one that created the situation in the first place. If they had released these as plain old Deluxe skins like all the other Deluxe skins then the mood and player reaction would have been totally different. There'd be the usual light complaining about color channels and effects and "but muh theme" we see for any skin but that's it.

• Like 14

Just now, PublikDomain said:

I wouldn't say player created per-se. Players are certainly the ones doing it, but DE's the one that created the situation in the first place. If they had released these as plain old Deluxe skins like all the other Deluxe skins then the mood and player reaction would have been totally different. There'd be the usual light complaining about color channels and effects and "but muh theme" we see for any skin but that's it.

I know. I even stated that DE created the issue to start with. It's the players that began the harassment. That was my point.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

I mean they were perfectly connected untill and we were playing just fine and then the player joined that had the skin and glyph the other two whent over looked at them and then left the squad causing a host migration so I think it was because of the that 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Thats just sad, hopefully they'll come to their senses and stop harassing them.

A lot and i mean a lot of people are extremely mad right now so it's probably going to take a while before this stuff stops happening but I do get why its happening

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

A lot and i mean a lot of people are extremely mad right now so it's probably going to take a while before this stuff stops happening but I do get why its happening

Nope, no excuse or empathy. Do not condone or empathize with people being vicious to one another. A skin pack is no reason to be hateful to someone, whether you bought it or not. Absolutely no right. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Doesn't make it right though.

I know but the players are divided right now in to two groups the people who own the skins and flex about it thinking there elite for owning it and the people who don't own the skins because of the price or because of the injustice of the price. 

Eather way there is division in the players 

53 minutes ago, Lion said:

Nope, no excuse or empathy. Do not condone or empathize with people being vicious to one another. A skin pack is no reason to be hateful to someone, whether you bought it or not. Absolutely no right. 

I know but I can see why some people do do this against the people who just sit there and are toxic about owning the skins they sit there and flex on others 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

73 pages, wow, I kinda wish the WF community got this riled up about more important things than cosmetics, but whatever, keep up the fight. Poor guys who bought this pack will be the laughing stock forever, or at least until they make the bundle grindable. IMO the devs should immediately refund everyone and make it a platinum purchase.

It's not just about the cosmetics. It's the precedent that these cosmetics are setting.

• Like 18

16 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

73 pages, wow, I kinda wish the WF community got this riled up about more important things than cosmetics, but whatever, keep up the fight. Poor guys who bought this pack will be the laughing stock forever, or at least until they make the bundle grindable. IMO the devs should immediately refund everyone and make it a platinum purchase.

I know it's crazy people get so riled up for optional cosmetics but just get mildly upset when actual gameplay things suck (archon time gates, magnetic procs, enemy eximus unit over health etc) 

12 minutes ago, Lion said:

I know it's crazy people get so riled up for optional cosmetics but just get mildly upset when actual gameplay things suck (archon time gates, magnetic procs, enemy eximus unit over health etc) 

Maybe the problem is that with gameplay stuff there is like 10 different ways people want it fixed, whereas in this topic its like 2 sides only.

EDIT: Actually its not, lot of different suggestions in here as well. Oh well. Maybe its the fact that people agree on the thing they hate, whereas with gameplay some pople actually like it that way. In any case, Im glad the discussion is going where its going. My WF experience in this kind of things so far was like talking to zombies with wallets so far. Zombies that wanted to club me to death for criticizing regal aya and other paywalled stuff. Its good they finally found a trigger.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lion said:

You should pay some more attention because there were giant megathreads about Archon Shards too. And the overall issues were mostly addressed, which is why you don't see nearly as much criticism anymore. Eximus changes had some pretty big threads about it, same with things like ammo changes. People get riled up about that stuff too.

• Like 13