The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

6 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

And we will despite the naysaying.

Exactly. For me it's not even worth quoting the person you responded to because they've already made their decision.

To those that bought the pack despite the controversy, it's worth saying this though: DE is using you. You. Are. Their. Excuse.

I've seen so many repeat the 'oh but what about those that already bought it?' and the very response here includes that. That shouldn't matter. That doesn't matter. They chose exactly when to release these packs, when there was going to be people who bought them before they even were back in the office to respond. Rebecca is on record in Devstream, this year no less if I remember correctly, talking about how they would 'never' do timed-exclusive content like Excalibur Prime ever again. I guess 'never' came sooner than we thought, especially considering this would have had to be in the pipeline for a while already.

This whole pack is a melting pot of everything wrong with microtransactions today - from the time limit, to the price, to the lack of options. They deserve to be raked over the coals for it and it's even more horrible that they've locked an accolade behind it too, when the very thing that they're supposedly celebrating is those that have supported them over the years.

5 hours ago, Voltage said:

It does matter. Just like Regal Aya, this topic will serve as excellent reference material until Warframe shuts down its servers. The point of history is to examine, learn, and not repeat shortcomings.

And much like Regal Aya, we can look back and see what they did, and more importantly what they didn't do. Seeing this come up when it's one of the things they said they'd never do again is just so, so disappointing.

I'll be honest. I want this pack. I want it a lot. It makes Frost look better than he ever has and I'm a huge Mag player. I'm holding out though, likely until the very end of the year in the honest hope they address it more. It just feels like such a slap in the face when many of us have been here for years and this is the 'celebration' we're given.

• Like 14

Do to this debacle iv stopped playing warframe and stopped buying things from DE and the only time I'll come back to the game is abyss of degoth, wispers in the walls and 1999 also I won't be buying anything from there shop or buying platinum 

If anyone wants to make a change id suggest the same lowering the amount of people that play the game and buy things from the company will make it easier for us to get what we want  (a 4th pack without the filler platinum and regal aya with only the skins and cosmetics for maby 25 to 30 plat making it easier for everyone to buy the pack because its not 70 to 90 dollars)

• Like 3

The real head-scratcher I think is the accolade component of the package, especially given how often accolades are handed out (never?). It's super weird that for the first time in ten years, you can just buy an accolade on your profile that says you're a ten-year supporter. DE has a better handle than I do on how much money I've spent on warframe across the last nine years I've played, but I'd estimate that I've probably bought five or six prime access, mostly in whole, probably like ten tennogen items, maybe platinum a dozen times. It's definitely quite a lot, cumulatively, and relatively evenly spread over the course of the game's life.

There's nothing in the heirloom pack that directly states those purchases do not matter, but they were more integral to the game's continuity certainly than a $30 pack that says "ten year supporter". All my previous purchases aren't recognised like that, so all I'm left with is the implication that one is more valued than the other. Probably the right good-spirited moved would have been to give everyone who had supported Warframe at some point over the last ten years the accolade, and not sell it as a cheap trinket. That would have been an acceptable thing to add in as under the premise of "ten year celebration", but I know that some people bought the risen pack just for the accolade, and that's transparently what DE was after.

Edited by Lucabaduka
  • Like 9

27 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

From what i saw They literally skipped past the herloom pack not stating or talking about anything 

or we can spam fix heirloom pack comment when september devstream

well, not sure if that's gonna work or not but atleast worth of try 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Nah, they can just ban people on twitch, or ban words

If they start banning people in twitch chat for wanting them to make a clear cut response to almost 2 weeks of radio silence reagarding a terribly handled "Celebration" bundle.

They'd be putting the final nail in the coffin for people to quit the game, Myself included.

• Like 15

15 hours ago, kamisama85 said:

The fact that even the most veteran forum posters who always rally against DE for bad game design, P2W, greedy money schemes, and "voting with our wallets", already bought the pack within the first week despite joining other posters in their outcries, should tell you just how shallow the sentiment was for this in the first place.

This is why the opposition will never have any real weight in these conversations. Commitment is more flimsy than the old corpus airlock window.

Damn. I really hope some people who buys plat regularly and plays regularly stopped. I bought some merch, plat whenever I get a coupon as well as regal aya if there's an accessory, or frame that I want. Now I haven't logged in and never bought any plat since.

5 hours ago, TheOfficialLP said:

If they start banning people in twitch chat for wanting them to make a clear cut response to almost 2 weeks of radio silence reagarding a terribly handled "Celebration" bundle.

They'd be putting the final nail in the coffin for people to quit the game, Myself included.

Yeah, they all say that but they don't leave.

DE know what they are doing, they will ignore it until the non-paying players leave

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

8 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

Damn. I really hope some people who buys plat regularly and plays regularly stopped.

You cannot possibly expect this. Take me for example: Warframe is the one game I play. Sometimes when I get slightly burned out I play a different game, usually a solo story type rpg, but then I return. Unless Warframe changes into something unplayable or the monetization changes into something you must do to be able to play, I am never leaving. And that's that. One bad corporate decision is definitely not going to change my mind. 

Are you going to stop playing?

I said numerous times that the packs are problematic, I agree that using fomo in this way is not good, but I also said that increasing the plat is a W, because if you do the math, the packs are a much better deal than if you just bought the same amount of plat without anything else. That doesn't change that the packs are an issue.

That being said. Whenever updates are very good and I have some spare money, I buy something to support the game, because when I am having a blast playing, I want more of that. I absolutelly loved the past year and a half of updates. Zariman was amazing, all the QoL updates and reworks were great, game is balanced better, more weapons and frames are useful, I loved the small updates for Voruna and Citrine and I love Duviri. So I bought the artbook.

Because I am on a fence about the heirloom packs, I am not buying them... yet. I will wait and see what's going to happen. If Abyss of Degath is a great update and Whispers in the Walls is a blast. I may buy the packs during Christmass to support Warframe, but not because of FOMO or whatever, but because good updates = DE deserve my money.

• Like 2

Just now, Cerikus said:

You cannot possibly expect this. Take me for example: Warframe is the one game I play. Sometimes when I get slightly burned out I play a different game, usually a solo story type rpg, but then I return. Unless Warframe changes into something unplayable or the monetization changes into something you must do to be able to play, I am never leaving. And that's that. One bad corporate decision is definitely not going to change my mind. 

Are you going to stop playing?

I said numerous times that the packs are problematic, I agree that using fomo in this way is not good, but I also said that increasing the plat is a W, because if you do the math, the packs are a much better deal than if you just bought the same amount of plat without anything else. That doesn't change that the packs are an issue.

That being said. Whenever updates are very good and I have some spare money, I buy something to support the game, because when I am having a blast playing, I want more of that. I absolutelly loved the past year and a half of updates. Zariman was amazing, all the QoL updates and reworks were great, game is balanced better, more weapons and frames are useful, I loved the small updates for Voruna and Citrine and I love Duviri. So I bought the artbook.

Because I am on a fence about the heirloom packs, I am not buying them... yet. I will wait and see what's going to happen. If Abyss of Degath is a great update and Whispers in the Walls is a blast. I may buy the packs during Christmass to support Warframe, but not because of FOMO or whatever, but because good updates = DE deserve my money.

I gotta say it's hard to stop playing and it's only because that I have other alternatives for entertainment, but it's easier to stop buying especially with how warframe works when it comes to Platinum. They don't earn money on playtime and it actually costs them as well. I really hate the FOMO aspect and still find the price not worth it for two skins even with currency adjustment, and I would actually be furious if this was gameplay impacting, though since it's just skins, I care less about it.

For me, I would still give them a teeny bit of chance. If the update comes, I would likely still play but I won't probably say the same for plat. If this gets more and more frequent even if it's skins or god forbid, gameplay impacting items, goodbye, Warframe. It's nice knowing ya even if it's only two years and I'll just tune in with the community and the wiki for the story and see which frames are added each quarter or so. Because that's a pattern, and a sign for bad times ahead.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

I gotta say it's hard to stop playing and it's only because that I have other alternatives for entertainment, but it's easier to stop buying especially with how warframe works when it comes to Platinum. They don't earn money on playtime and it actually costs them as well. I really hate the FOMO aspect and still find the price not worth it for two skins even with currency adjustment, and I would actually be furious if this was gameplay impacting, though since it's just skins, I care less about it.

For me, I would still give them a teeny bit of chance. If the update comes, I would likely still play but I won't probably say the same for plat. If this gets more and more frequent even if it's skins or god forbid, gameplay impacting items, goodbye, Warframe. It's nice knowing ya even if it's only two years and I'll just tune in with the community and the wiki for the story and see which frames are added each quarter or so. Because that's a pattern, and a sign for bad times ahead.

That's very reasonable aproach to the whole situation. I would definitelly be furious if they doubled down on this and did it again, however I would still probably stay and play, but not spend money. I sometimes play games that are oppressively monetized, using all types of manipulation, but I enjoy the game, so I play it and I ignore the store and don't give them money. Thankfully fomo never could manipulate me to buy stuff. I works fine for me to log into warframe and play a limited time event, but that's where it's power over me ends.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

It's a Prime Time stream, a primarily community based event. I'd be suspicious and concerned were this a devstream, but they probably didn't want to bring up the bad rep.

Fair, but kinda of funny that they don't want to bring up their bad rep and pretend everything is fine and nothing wrong with their rep at all.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, ConDucktorWhirl said:

Yeah that's it for me. DE won't be getting any of my money anymore. Anyone who continues to support them after this so long as they remain silent is a genuine idiot

Thats good if we get more people like you who are willing to stop buying things like platinum and items from there shop then there profit margins should go down and they'd be more perceptive to our idea of a 4th pack that everyone can afford without the filler content like platinum and regal aya but instead only has the cosmetics and skins in it making it cheaper and affordable for everyone

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Thats good if we get more people like you who are willing to stop buying things like platinum and items from there shop then there profit margins should go down and they'd be more perceptive to our idea of a 4th pack that everyone can afford without the filler content like platinum and regal aya but instead only has the cosmetics and skins in it making it cheaper and affordable for everyone

Do you know they literally said that next time (if there is next time) there will be more purchase flexibility? So they already committed to doing what you want.

Just now, Cerikus said:

Do you know they literally said that next time (if there is next time) there will be more purchase flexibility? So they already committed to doing what you want.

Id like them to physically say that and make a promise that they half to keep im not taking there flimsy words they typed out in 5 seconds i and everyone else want them to physically say they are going to change the pack so every one can afford it and that it is coming back but with cheaper and more affordable options for all players

• Like 1

Just now, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Id like them to physically say that and make a promise that they half to keep im not taking there flimsy words they typed out in 5 seconds i and everyone else want them to physically say they are going to change the pack so every one can afford it and that it is coming back but with cheaper and more affordable options for all players

What do you mean, physically? I always though written words are more binding that spoken words... That's why any kind of contract is written...

Also, this:

On 2023-08-30 at 9:08 PM, [DE]Megan said:

If we continue with this series, we are dedicated to ensuring all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility and reflect all feedback we received during this launch.

It's literally what you are asking for. I don't understand.

4 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

What do you mean, physically? I always though written words are more binding that spoken words... That's why any kind of contract is written...

Also, this:

It's literally what you are asking for. I don't understand.

Physically = on stream 

So we can hear them say they're going to fix it and promise that it will be back with more affordable prices for everyone

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Physically = on stream 

Spoken words aren't more binding that written words. As I said, that's why there are written contracts, because spoken word has 0 value.
No adult with experience in real world will belive something someone says, because it CANNOT be enforced.

You of course are free to think otherwise, but you are probably not going to get what you want, because DE seem to think the same thing any sensible professional does:
Written words > spoken words

Edited by Cerikus

28 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Spoken words aren't more binding that written words. As I said, that's why there are written contracts, because spoken word has 0 value.
No adult with experience in real world will belive something someone says, because it CANNOT be enforced.

You of course are free to think otherwise, but you are probably not going to get what you want, because DE seem to think the same thing any sensible professional does:
Written words > spoken words

Spoken words on a video record is more valid than written words as the person in question is videoed stating there intentions while the written part could be literally anyone writing that down it might not even be Megan writing that statement so they can back peddle later stating that wasn't even the person in question making that statement and its not valid because of that

and its technically not a written contract if its not in contract formating

• Like 3