Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Yareli" Deluxe skin or did they mean Ivara?

LadyAnime

13 hours ago, RichardKam said:

Over-design should be illegal. It is impossible to fashion newer frames. Just take a look at Lavos. Jesus. And Kullervo as well. Thank god DE let us remove the shoulder wolves from Voruna. 

Xaku is the other extreme. No matter what you did to him, press 4 and boom! they were gone. 

yeah something I've noticed as well w/ the newer frames. not sure if it's my terrible fashion game but putting attachments onto them feels... off. I can only put simple shoulder pieces on them, like the ki'teer foros shoulder plates (the one that looks like a Private rank).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RichardKam said:

Over-design should be illegal. It is impossible to fashion newer frames. Just take a look at Lavos. Jesus. And Kullervo as well. Thank god DE let us remove the shoulder wolves from Voruna. 

Xaku is the other extreme. No matter what you did to him, press 4 and boom! they were gone. 

honestly, i feel the same about grendel prime. grendel prime just looks... much too busy. 

granted, i'm a 2014 warframe player, my idea of peak fashion is sleek, simple black/white/gold designs with no attachments, i find the modern "fashion" meta with it's obnoxiously colored ephemera's to be quite the eyesore. 

On 2023-11-05 at 6:06 AM, Reitrix said:

Back around Yarelias introduction, they showed a few alternative appearances before they settled on the one we got. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/n2b9rg/if_youre_wondering_why_yareli_seems_familiar_this/
I wanna see those as skins more than that deluxe, to be totally honest.
Unfortunately, they're beyond the scope of what a tennogen artist is allowed to do, So we'll never see those unless they appear as deluxes. 

i wanna see that top row red one as a kuva-styled frame 🙏

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SDGDen said:

honestly, i feel the same about grendel prime. grendel prime just looks... much too busy. 

granted, i'm a 2014 warframe player, my idea of peak fashion is sleek, simple black/white/gold designs with no attachments, i find the modern "fashion" meta with it's obnoxiously colored ephemera's to be quite the eyesore.

I'm quite a new player and feel pretty much the same. In that sense, that Yareli deluxe skin that looks like Ivara up there doesn't look like the worst offender. I wouldn't take that one over the default skin though.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So so disappointing. Luckily I didn't find out until revently. I had been waiting on a yareli skin and the fan made skins have been so cool. This is just ugly. And not even original. Ivara head, the clam look is also very much like the hydroid skin we already have. Beenna yareli fan since she was introduced and idk it's just a sad excuse. Bad design from top to bottom. One of Hydroids skin mixed with ivara's base look. No comment to anyone bending over backwards to be like "it's water themed so it works and i love it". I think a punk skater look woulda been a better way to go. You coulda made a good skin that's different from the original and everyone would like it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (NSW)Blagwuff said:

So so disappointing. Luckily I didn't find out until revently. I had been waiting on a yareli skin and the fan made skins have been so cool. This is just ugly. And not even original.

Not every skin is going to appeal to everyone. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm not a fan of the Khora deluxe and was disappointed since she's my most played frame. But instead of belittling the artists involved and crapping on people that do enjoy it, I just don't worry about it and maybe there will be one I do like later, though I'm fine with my mantis look.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Blagwuff said:

everyone would like it

It's impossible to please everyone. There will always be people that don't care for a certain look. You are not "everyone".

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Not every skin is going to appeal to everyone. I'm looking forward to it.

You won't be able to please everyone, so at least please the people that already like Yareli design, especially since she is the only Warframe that is styled that way.

Not a big fan of her cutesy styles, but considering she's the only one that's like that, DE seriously shouldn't be so eager to abandon it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Illegal_Squirell said:

You won't be able to please everyone, so at least please the people that already like Yareli design, especially since she is the only Warframe that is styled that way.

Not a big fan of her cutesy styles, but considering she's the only one that's like that, DE seriously shouldn't be so eager to abandon it.

Or, you know, appeal to people who are less into the cutesy style instead of making another skin that's really similar for her. How about making more cutesy styles skins for other warframes for the people that like them instead?

• Like 1

It's a deluxe skin...either buy it or avoid it. It's to personal taste.

I personally might use it over her normal skin. I really dislike her appearance. This actually looks cool. I immediately fed Yarelli to Helminth because I dislike her appearance.

Now I might actually refarm her for use. 

Edited by (XBOX)Cram Duahcim
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

It's a deluxe skin...either buy it or avoid it. It's to personal taste.

I personally might use it over her normal skin. I really dislike her appearance. This actually looks cool. I immediately fed Yarelli to Helminth because I dislike her appearance.

Now I might actually refarm her for use. 

I didn't care for her at launch either, but I keep all frames because I'm a filthy hoarder. Used her post rework in SP circuit and now I like using her, at least in there.

On 2023-09-01 at 11:05 AM, Hexerin said:

While I love my Ivara Prime, it's always confused me why my cute little froppy suddenly became a jellyfish. There's... really no connection to draw there.

I was very confused too but I still like her Prime model. Although I primarily use her Deluxe skin because it's badass.

My #1 request for Ivaras next Deluxe is a Sniper/Ghilli Suit Deluxe skin. That would be really nice.mark wahlberg shooter GIF

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2023-11-04 at 11:06 PM, Reitrix said:

Back around Yarelias introduction, they showed a few alternative appearances before they settled on the one we got. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/n2b9rg/if_youre_wondering_why_yareli_seems_familiar_this/
I wanna see those as skins more than that deluxe, to be totally honest.
Unfortunately, they're beyond the scope of what a tennogen artist is allowed to do, So we'll never see those unless they appear as deluxes. 

Literally they just had to pick something from that image or search 'Yareli deluxe' on Google Images and choose anything. It would have been perfect, and they'd be constantly draining my wallet. It's a shame...

• 2 months later...

For the three people unto who it may concern, Yarlei deluxe is horrible.  When it was first shown off at Tennocon, I was a little hopeful that its rather poor immediate reception and the fact that it hadn't been shown off or hinted at in any capacity was an indication that it was being redesigned.  Admittedly, it was a fools hope, but I did hope nonetheless.  Seeing it modeled out and shown off at PAX was crushing.  I understand the idea behind the design.  A deep sea creature is a really cool basis for a warframe.  There is always a logic behind the designs of a deluxe skin, of course.  Take the recent Sevagoth deluxe.  As a legendary railjack pilot, they took the idea of a ship captain, one of his core attributes, and turned him into a pirate ship captain.  Despite the changes, it still matches his behavior, his moveset, and his animations.  They iterated meaningfully upon a core aspect of his design, taking his core theme in a different, but closely related direction.  The same can not be said for Yarlei.  The core identity of Yarlei is of a pop star/magical girl/skater punk.  The sea creature theme is in distinct last.  It exists, for sure, but has nothing to do with her quest or lore, and only tangentially relates to her abilities and gameplay.  Iterating on that last one creates this jarring divorce from her core attributes.  And unless there are new animation sets released alongside Yarlei deluxe, something that I find highly improbable, it's a problem that really stands out.  The word "edgy" has been used repeatedly by the design team, and I think it's quite silly to see this dark, brooding, deep sea monster giddily hopping around and making heart bubbles for her fans, hugging Merulina, or doing twirls to flare out her (now nonexistent) skirt.  It's a cool design for sure, but it matches the frame its attached to in an incredibly shallow way that really bothers me.

As one of the three Yarlei mains on the planet, my disappointment is immeasurable.  All that I have left is to hope for Yarlei Prime.  Yes, I am aware that I care to much about a warframe design, thank you.

• Like 3

That's honestly why I've been such on the fence abt the skin. I will make a more final decision when I see it ingame I think but... yeah. I use the agile animation... trying to imagine that skin sitting on Merulina and kicking her feet honestly kind of makes me chuckle? Sounds ridiculous.

I think two and four would have matched her better in the concept sketches. Two at least keeps the pearl / clam idea from the skin we are getting, but it just seems more magical to me. Maybe the skin will look fine with bright colors and her alt helmet? That's what I am holding out on. Otherwise, yeah, I will probably skip.

• Like 1

As one of the other three Yareli enjoyers, this skin is dope and I can't wait. If it does come with its own animations, as many other Deluxes have, even better! Though I'm not sure what you mean about the skin only being tangentially related to her abilities... Yareli Deluxe is clam-based. Clams blow bubbles. Yareli blows bubbles. Clams are sharp. Yareli is sharp. If anything, her Deluxe fits her abilities quite a lot more than "girl in dress".

• Like 8

Pretty sure the skin is visually intended to attract a different audience so that there will be more than just three Yareli mains out there.  While you might not like it, there are others who do as you can see, and I'd argue that that's a good thing.

• Like 3

I don't like it and i prefer the default. For being the only real customization they've added for Yareli (except a helmet... yay -__-), it's really sad that it doesn't have nothing to do with her personality... there are much more appropriate fan designs for her in Google, tbh.

And if they want to attract different players to Yareli, cool... but AFTER they give something to the players that already love her. Something. Anything.

• Like 1

As a fellow Yareli enjoyer, she's been one of my most played frames ever since i got her. I will disagree with you that it's abjectly terrible, but i'm very on the fence about the deluxe, on one hand, it looks like an Ivara deluxe concept retooled into a Yareli skin, but on the other hand, i kinda like it. The idea is interesting.

The sort of style this deluxe is going for one of the only things i could think of in regards to a Yareli deluxe, other than just turning her into Namielle from Monster Hunter (would be cool tho). That or the usual deluxe thing of a slightly (or very much of a) fancier take on the original frame's theme, like the other Yareli deluxe concepts i've seen.

Maybe it will grow on me, like the other deluxe skins that are even more violently different from their original frame, like Rhino Deathwatch, and Zephyr Harrier.

But like, my whole damn issue with this skin? It's that the head just screams Ivara so much, For extra clarity, here's the final concept art shown in this spoiler below.

Spoiler

mounash-pathak-mp-yarelideluxeskin-01.jp

Look at it! I can't forgive this skin for that. The head is the main culprit here, it screams Ivara, it shouts it from the depths of the void. It's this large rounded jellyfish-esque head (additionally i'd like to add that Ivara's base design is based off of frogs and Ivara Prime is based off of jellyfish as far as i know), it even has a circular shape in the middle of the head, like Ivara also has. I see where this artist is going for, and i do like it, however the head is just too Ivara-esque, i feel like the head needs to be redone to truly makes this Yareli's deluxe, because as it looks now? It looks like Ivara. 

If you look at the concept art closely, you can see that the skin retains the coral design throughline of Yareli, just in this creepier sort of manner, and i like that. However, the head to me doesn't, in all honesty it looks like a crab controlling a mass of strangely sexualized coral. just look at the head, look at it! Even with my whole crab comparison, i can't get over it, that's just Ivara. I like the overall style, but like i've said, the head is just too similar to something Ivara would have.

Now here's where i get the most annoyed, because this artist had other designs in the other concept art they posted... Observe.

Spoiler

mounash-pathak-mp-yarelideluxeskin-03.jp

Look at that second design. In my humble opinion, in my mind, that second design's head, looks sooooo much better, and at least to me, creepier than the first's. In my opinion, the perfect version of this skin, would be the first's body and neck, and the second's head, maybe altered to more explicitly match the way the rest of the coral-like parts of the first. Additionally maybe work in some form of tailcoat thing as shown in the third's, that could connect this skin to Yareli more. The fourth is also cool, however thats more fits the traditional trend of "fancier variants of the original frame's theme" sort of deluxe.

Also for my very, very opinionated takes, maybe add some dangly bits, and tone down the near Wisp level bakery, but thats just me, i personally don't like the prominent butt. Also the heels, like, really? I think the heels takes away from the creepiness of it.

So that sums up my opinions, i know i'm shouting into oblivion with this, the skin won't be changed because of some rando like me complaining, but i just wanted to vent at how i feel that this skin was so close to perfection. Sorry for the wall of text. e.e

Edited by Lianaos
extra "is" deleted
  • Like 2

It's all subjective.

I mean, thanks for the feedback post to discuss it, but you realise that your opinion is exactly equal to anyone else's, right? And there's plenty of people that do like it.

On the other hand, have you considered the following:

11 hours ago, AurumApocrypha said:

I think it's quite silly to see this dark, brooding, deep sea monster giddily hopping around and making heart bubbles for her fans, hugging Merulina, or doing twirls to flare out her (now nonexistent) skirt.

DE have created multiple Deluxe frames with Animation sets. The Excal Zato, Khora's Urushu (regardless of what you think of the skin), Mirage's Oneiro, Rhino's Deathwatch, the Valkyr Carnivex and Zephyr's Harrier skins all have both a Noble and Agile animation set.

So picture this dark and edgy skin having new dark and edgy idles. Point of argument, there are many cases of idols (being what we're basing her animations on) having certain 'looks' or fashion campaigns where they act dark and edgy for the photoshoots and wear dark and edgy versions of their outfits. So it's perfectly possible that Pablo would put the cycle through the animation team to redo everything for one of those kinds of switch-ups.

::Edit::

Spoiler

Also they've added handles for the R34 artists to have characters hang on to, which is always nice.

Edited by Birdframe_Prime
  • Like 2