The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Losing MR with Disconnect

LilyLevand

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=LettHad a disconnect after MR test was done and it reset me back to the previous rank and is making me wait 24hrs again. Why does it do this? Was waiting all day to rank up to try new weapons and now i cant. Sad times. I feel like there should be a way to prevent this from happening.

Edit: just did it again and it disconnected after showing i completed it and it didn't save again.

Edited by LilyLevand
2 days in a row
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

You mean it didnt save that you passed the test.

PS You can still get MR points from ranking weapons and stuff as they carry over.

Yea instead of being MR6 after reconnecting i was back at MR5. So i have to wait again to do the MR6 test again.

23 minutes ago, LilyLevand said:

Yea instead of being MR6 after reconnecting i was back at MR5. So i have to wait again to do the MR6 test again.

For added details did you disconnect on the loading screen after you did the MR6 test(which you passed) before arriving at the orbiter.  When reporting bugs the devils in the detail.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

PS You can still get MR points from ranking weapons and stuff as they carry over.

I suspect the OP  meant in order to try out weapons that are MR-locked to MR6+; there's stuff like the Rubico, the Miter, Nami Solo, etc. gated on being MR6.

That said, OP, it is true that the devil's in the details -- knowing when the disconnect happened would be useful in any bug report. Did you see the "mastery rank complete" screen with your frame kneeling and the list of new perks? Did it disconnect right as you _would've_ gone to that screen? Did you make it back to your orbiter and then get disconnected? Etc.

9 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

unless you can send a screenshot to support of you having completed the test

He pasted it just now. Squint your eyes and look past the confirmation window in the middle.

12 hours ago, LilyLevand said:

It was clearly a MR5 test. Your rank is correct.

You may have already accumulted enough mastery points to also advance to MR6, therefore there is another rank-up available in 24 hours. But bear in mind the test is gonna be different, so practice before you start it or you gonna be really disappointed.

MR5 test: Terminal Hacking Test  This test requires players to hack six terminals within a time limit of 1:45.

MR6 test: Target Tracking Test This test requires players to track targets quickly and accurately with their primary weapon.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

Honestly that 24 hour timer should be removed at this point. It's a pretty dumb mechanic that does the opposite of what timers like that are suppose to do, which is retain players.
Not that that's an okay way to retain players anyways and this game doesn't have WAY too many of them as it is. But that thing turns away more players than it manages to keep on for a bit of extra time that's for damn sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

You guys even looking at the picture he pasted? Or just taking his word over the reality?

OP rewrote his original post which he claimed he did the MR6 test then he disconnected, then when he relogged in he was MR5 and had to wait 24hr to retest.

16 hours ago, LilyLevand said:

Edited by (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson

1 hour ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

OP rewrote his original post which he claimed he did the MR6 test then he disconnected, then when he relogged in he was MR5 and had to wait 24hr to retest.

Yes, I have read this original version, but on the picture he pasted it clearly says: You have earned the Mastery Rank Silver Novice 5.

Did you look at it?

He can claim whatever he wants, there is a clear evidence he is mistaken.

Edited by Zakkhar

14 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Yes, I have read this original version, but on the picture he pasted it clearly says: You have earned the Mastery Rank Silver Novice 5.

Did you look at it?

But the background of the screenshot makes it look like the MR6 test if you notice the orb, which iirc are the targets for the MR6 test.

2 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Did you look at it?

to be clear the picture confirms he passed the MR5 test right, and hes currently MR5 right. so wheres the bug now? (or is that what your post stating)

Edited by (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson

9 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

He pasted it just now. Squint your eyes and look past the confirmation window in the middle.

It was clearly a MR5 test. Your rank is correct.

You may have already accumulted enough mastery points to also advance to MR6, therefore there is another rank-up available in 24 hours. But bear in mind the test is gonna be different, so practice before you start it or you gonna be really disappointed.

MR5 test: Terminal Hacking Test  This test requires players to hack six terminals within a time limit of 1:45.

MR6 test: Target Tracking Test This test requires players to track targets quickly and accurately with their primary weapon.

I know the difference between the two because i did the terminal hacking the day before for mr5 and the test i did yesterday was the orb tracking. I'm an idiot but not stupid. Also why "he" when my username is literally Lily.

• Like 1

On 2023-10-06 at 12:39 PM, LilyLevand said:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=LettHad a disconnect after MR test was done and it reset me back to the previous rank and is making me wait 24hrs again. Why does it do this? Was waiting all day to rank up to try new weapons and now i cant. Sad times. I feel like there should be a way to prevent this from happening.

Edit: just did it again and it disconnected after showing i completed it and it didn't save again.

Reach out to support.  They may want your EE.logs to see what's causing the disconnect. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LilyLevand said:

Also why "he" when my username is literally Lily.

Ngl. Complaining about being misgendered, and then immediately following that up by implying having Lily in your name inherently suggests you're a girl, is a bit of a double standard.
It would've been better for them to use gender neutral terms since they didn't know, yeah. But you kinda smacked yourself in the face with that one.

On 2023-10-07 at 3:13 PM, MagPrime said:

Reach out to support.  They may want your EE.logs to see what's causing the disconnect. 

Ultimately this is the solution to the issue if it is, in fact, a bug you are experiencing (separate from the disconnect itself).

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

You may know the difference but the picture you posted says you passed the test to unlock MR5. As someone already mentioned, you may have been confused when clearing the mission resulted in a full mastery bar to rank 6.

But it also clearly shows that she is indeed in the MR6 test and has completed it no matter what the banner actually says. Since the floating orbs are part of the MR6 test.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

But it also clearly shows that she is indeed in the MR6 test and has completed it no matter what the banner actually says. Since the floating orbs are part of the MR6 test.

The picture is pretty dark. Does it actually show the MR6 test features? I can't tell. 

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

Ohhh thanks for that.

Well if the tc is doing the MR6 test but only being awarded MR5 there may be some other type of issue at play.

Best to contact support.

Yeah, I think Support is the only way this issue will be resolved for OP.  If they've lost connection multiple times in the exact same place & there's inconsistency with what the test is and what the results show, there isn't anything we can suggest to help.  

• Like 2