Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Bladestorm in the new Assassin's creed?

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

59 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

So... is Ash a true assassin now? 

Ash/Ash Prime has always been the assassin of the Warframes.  His entire kit is about murder and killing, with a splash of diversion in case of a panicky moment. 

The community has gotten it wrong in that Loki -- while having a longer invisibility time -- is more about being a trickster and the first warframe built for stealth and utility.  

But it's not surprising that it was added to AssCreed.  Developers will copy what they like from other games -- providing it doesn't violate copyright.  And this is a good example of them liking it and adopting it for this game.  

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

Ash/Ash Prime has always been the assassin of the Warframes.  His entire kit is about murder and killing, with a splash of diversion in case of a panicky moment. 

The community has gotten it wrong in that Loki -- while having a longer invisibility time -- is more about being a trickster and the first warframe built for stealth and utility.  

But it's not surprising that it was added to AssCreed.  Developers will copy what they like from other games -- providing it doesn't violate copyright.  And this is a good example of them liking it and adopting it for this game.  

spoken like a true loki main... (i see your glyph)

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT
  • Like 1

Assassin's Creed has really gone downhill I see.

But Ash has always been a generic "ninja" theme not strictly an assassin. Though his kit has always reflected that since he was the first frame to focus on finishers and is arguably still the best for getting stealth kills vs high levels especially since the Eximus update.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Ubisoft: "Assassin's creed is returning to it's roots, guys!"

also Ubisoft: * has a guy in 9th century Baghdad teleporting around with digital effects.*

like, I'm fine with double takedowns/animations that make sense/killing one guy then throwing a knife at the other etc, but straight up warping looks incredibly out of place. yes "muh immershun etc. etc, I say this because I've played AC since the beginning and I much preferred the more grounded feel of the older games, where you don't have borderline super powers, you're just a guy with some sharp objects and you've got to make the best of it. 

Ash has always been assassin-themed, in the sense that Assassins are usually specialized to silently and discretely killing a single target at a time with precision and efficiency, though I'd argue Kullervo does it better now because Wrathful Advance beats Teleport any day of the week. if Kullervo had invisibility in his kit it'd be GG for Ash, but since you can subsume Wrathful Advance, you can have the best of both worlds (it's what I did on my Ash and I don't regret it one bit.) 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

That's hilarious. Before I even saw the video I was thinking "Well it can't be that similar...".

It's just like it but slower lol.

there's another clip where he does it on a zipline and he teleports off of it in almost the exact same way as ash does.

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT
  • Like 2

Assassin's Creed is just getting worse and worse. It was a cool concept in the past when things were actually still uhm "realistic". Then S#&$ went down hill into the mytholgical and now here we are with a "realistic" setting with a supernatural assassin move implementation.

I thought it was bad enough when they completely missed the point of Norse mythology in AC Valhalla and made Surt a cardboard copy evil villain instead of the end of all things with a purpose so a new beginning of something better can start.

The Ubisoft approach to design ideas: Since something is made of fire, intent on destruction and rules a firey kingdom it must apparently be evil cos "Satan". Then we slap on some voice over lines that makes "Satan" look like a complete #$&(% with severe brain damage. Not to mention, lets throw the importance of the Vala out the window and ignore the fate of Norns along fatalism as a concept.

On 2023-10-11 at 7:27 AM, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Two things:

Check out the Ash Leverian, he was a teacher at an Orokin assassin academy

The whole point of the Anima in AsCreed is to justify game mechanics. What's going on, is the real assassin in the past did some super cool ninja moves and the simulation can't replicate it properly because it was too awesome

• Like 2

18 hours ago, L3512 said:

Unsurprising to see Ubisoft being creatively bankrupt, gameplay looks thrilling.

I've seen a video and there's only like 2 actually different weapons, the rest are the same with a couple extra effects (like poison clouds).

21 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Two things:

Check out the Ash Leverian, he was a teacher at an Orokin assassin academy

It was a joke... But yeah Ash is definitely the coolest assassin, especially since the Scoria loved him.