Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Garuda's "Seeking Talons" require Line of Sight now?

(PSN)benjiprice_00

According to the Wiki:
Garuda does not require line of sight to target enemies in her focus ring area.

Initial field of view angle is 25 degrees, which can expand up to 95 degrees when fully charged; the range of ability can expand up to 60 meters based on the charge time. Upon release, Garuda unleashes 8 flying talons as homing projectiles that cannot be obstructed by walls and the environment, piercing through all enemies within the focus ring.

I hope that answers your question.

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

• Like 2

I've been wondering the same. The ability clearly doesn't seem to want to go through walls anymore. I see nothing in the patch notes anywhere, it was working perfectly fine until recently... So all it means is that it has to be a bug... Great.

• Like 4

En 28/10/2023 a las 23:36, Tiltskillet dijo:

Might be a logic check.  The game doesn't roll Garuda Talons rivens, so they can't equip unveiled rivens.  True exalted weapons have the same limitation.

But i used to be able tu unveil melee riven mods and use Seeking Talons through walls before Abyss of Dagath update. It's not unplayable but it's rather annoying.

Also thanks for keeping up with the post <3

20 minutes ago, (PSN)benjiprice_00 said:

Seeking Talons through walls before Abyss of Dagath update

It wasn't the Abyss of Dagath update, there have been reports of Seeking Talons not passing through terrain before. It seems to be inconsistent and thus hard to pinpoint when the change occured.

I'm allowing myself to up this topic, has there been any sort of communication on that problem ? Like "we know, we're on it", "we know, it was made on purpose", "we know, we don't care" ?

Because Garuda has become astonishingly annoying since that undocumented change, to the point she's not even worth taking out of the closet anymore. I can't believe this has been a legitimate nerf while releasing Dagath at the same time

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I'm allowing myself to up this topic, has there been any sort of communication on that problem ? Like "we know, we're on it", "we know, it was made on purpose", "we know, we don't care" ?

Because Garuda has become astonishingly annoying since that undocumented change, to the point she's not even worth taking out of the closet anymore. I can't believe this has been a legitimate nerf while releasing Dagath at the same time

Agree, communication is what we need.

There has also been no communication on whether the fact that Garuda suddenly cannot hit Arbitration drones anymore with her Claws is intended or not.
Fact is, it feels like garbage to play her in Arbitrations now, and we still don't know if this nerf was intended.

Garuda keeps getting ninja-nerfed/bugged more, and we hear nothing, which is extremely frustrating :/

• Like 3

On 2023-10-19 at 6:14 PM, (PSN)benjiprice_00 said:

Been searching in diferents forums and patch notes and it doesn't say anything about Seeking Talons now needing line of sight.  Can someone help me?

Has been like that for a while but it can go through certain walls still. But what's not normal is the circle that normally shows up when you charge the ability (to make the Talons seek towards the enemies that's in the circle) not showing up, making it a guessing game for anyone who's not very experienced with her and try using that ability. Not so bad for me who played her for few years by now though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Her_Lovely_Tentacles said:

There has also been no communication on whether the fact that Garuda suddenly cannot hit Arbitration drones anymore with her Claws is intended or not.
Fact is, it feels like garbage to play her in Arbitrations now, and we still don't know if this nerf was intended.

Her Claws isn't the only Exalted Weapon that's useless against Arbitration Drones (since Exalted Weapons count as a ability and Arbitration Drones are immune to them).

7 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

Her Claws isn't the only Exalted Weapon that's useless against Arbitration Drones (since Exalted Weapons count as a ability and Arbitration Drones are immune to them).

Oh, I know. It used to be different though.

Before DE implemented purple damage numbers for abilities, her claws worked just fine!
They changed something about her claws to make that work, and accidentally made them not deal damage to Arbitration Drones in the process.
We never got any Developer comment about that.

• Like 4

Dang it, I did something testing

They use to not require any line of sight killing everything with infinite punch through.

Now though, they can only go through thin walls and LOS. Any thick walls/obstructions/ anything and they won’t hit. Fix this DE! 

• Like 2