The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nora's Mix Vol. 4 Ending + Vol. 5 Is Now Live!

[DE]Sam

In order of community preference this is how it goes:

1) Nightwave how it was this week with 5 weeklies, 2 elites and 3 permanents

2) Last Nightwave; 5 weeklies, 2 elites

3) Most recent suggestion: 2 weeklies, 2 elites, 3 recoverable permanents

4) The one before that: 2 weeklies, 2 elites, 3 non-recoverable permanents

This change is outright worse than the previous nightwave because it will lead to people who recover the 15 missions one say 5 times, doing 75 runs of Ukko or Hepit in the void in a row- and that assumes that they know where is best to do that and have access to the void. In my opinion, the added benefit for new players of the simple guaranteed missions does not outweigh the loss of variety in challenges.

Not only is this, in most people's opinion's, a net-negative for the game compared to last nightwave, it is compounded by the repeated statements that this would be additional and would allow for faster standing gain- this was said explicitly more than once. This is quite literally the worst way possible to go about a change like this- just leave it as it has been for this week, there are no problems with it, the community loves it in this form. JUST LEAVE IT AS IS, take the dev time and put it back to cross-save and Whispers.

• Like 4

Honestly, if these new permanent weekly are suppose to replace the regular ones, just go back to the old ways. The extra rep would be nice, but having these boring repeatables stacking up, doesn't sound so fun. Keep them as an additional or get rid of them, in my opinion. Don't wanna sound grumpy, but these changes don't make no sense to me.

Edited by kuronau
spelling error
  • Like 9

On 2023-11-30 at 1:13 PM, [DE]Sam said:

Howdy, Tenno!

We’re working on a change to make Permanent Weekly Acts recoverable! With this, the intention is that Permanent Weekly Acts won’t be lost should you not finish them during a rotation, as they will act like recoverable Acts going forward so that players aren’t excluded from any Nightwave Standing. We’ll update you on the progress of this change when we have more information.

Even with them being recoverable, this is still an enormous bonehead move that makes zero sense. If it's just gonna be "as before, but less variety" and also more annoying to recover you might as well not make the change at all. The whole point as originally stated was a fast track easy way to earn extra standing each week, but couldn't be backlogged until later, and that was a brilliant change; but to then replace other acts, even if they are still recoverable, is just plain stupid. Why waste the dev time implementing a nothing burger change, with a side of disappointment, I just don't get it. Also never mind the month of communication of it being the good way, or the fact that you waited until after it was out before saying anything, or saying crap like "return to form" even though this is never how it was. Just snatching defeat from the jaws of victory all around this situation, was the easiest W you could've taken, absolutely nonsensical.

• Like 7

On 2023-11-30 at 1:13 PM, [DE]Sam said:

Howdy, Tenno!

We’re working on a change to make Permanent Weekly Acts recoverable! With this, the intention is that Permanent Weekly Acts won’t be lost should you not finish them during a rotation, as they will act like recoverable Acts going forward so that players aren’t excluded from any Nightwave Standing. We’ll update you on the progress of this change when we have more information.

I mean I guess this is the best case scenario if you guys for whatever reason are backpeddling so hard on making them additional weekly acts. At least now you're not punishing people. Should've been like this since that start if you weren't going to make them additional.

Edited by PainTako
  • Like 1

I haven't really cared for NW since they dropped the lore bits from it, and only do the minimum chores necessary to get the rewards. The changes wouldn't affect me either way, but:

1) The "permanent" acts were *clearly* promised as "additional". Multiple times.

2) The acts being additional was even given as the explanation for why they were exempt from recovery.

3) If they are no longer additional, their effect is simply to remove 3 acts each week from the recovery pool. A clear downgrade.

4) If they are suddenly recoverable then we're just back to where we started.

What is this nonsense? (other than sufficient reason for me to hold off spending any more money for a year or so while I observe the direction this game is going)

Edited by schilds
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

When is the end date? 
I mean we know when it started, but how much time do we have until it ends? 

I just joined a couple of weeks ago with the cross-save and seems I can't find any information about the end date in-game or on forums. 

22 minutes ago, Disrespank said:

When is the end date? 

I just joined a couple of weeks ago with the cross-save and seems I can't find any information about the end date in-game or on forums. 

DE doesn't plan the nightwaves out like Fortnite does their battle passes.

But don't worry, you have plenty of time left to hit rank 30, probably several months.

4 hours ago, Disrespank said:

When is the end date? 

They've never announced end dates until a month or so before.  The last several seasons have lasted 4-7 months, so there should still be lots of time.

Keep an eye out for announcements though.  And don't make the mistake many people have,  saving currency until or past the last minute.  It's worthless once the season is over.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 1