Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nora's Mix Vol. 4 Ending + Vol. 5 Is Now Live!

[DE]Sam

I too miss some of the previous lore elements that were once present in Nightwave. I found them okay for what they were.

So if its too lore heavy, resources may be pulled away from bigger updates. But if there isn't much there, whats the point?

I feel that there is definitely some sort of middle ground in there somewhere that DE surely could figure out. Assuming they haven't completely just given up on Nightwave altogether... which unfortunately already seems very likely.

I think Series 2: Emissary had a good balance of all 3 series. Lore, but nothing too flashy. Maybe instead of making completely new assests for every series, just reuse assets that already exist within the game. But use them in a creative way for story telling. That alone eliminates a lot of time. Reuse existing bosses, I mean DE already doing that anyways ie Jackal in Duviri etc. I'd actually like to have Sergeant as a near immortal boss, would be hilarious! 😆 Then just reuse the Emissary cutscene style where characters are just frozen in place and camera rotates around scene with narration in the background. No need for new over the top gimmicky gameplay, like the tedious Glassmaker murder mystery aspect. Simple, effective. Lore heads get their fix. Min maxers don't waste too much time getting currency for shop.

But thats just me. I ain't a game designer, I don't know what devs deem acceptable. Im just a rando playing a game I love. 🤙

• Like 4

Nightwave can also serve as the place where you get fluff and funny filler stories behind usual missions if needed. Eg. We help Konzu get his (early) lunch, help Maroo get back at a certain grineer battalion who blocked her travel at some point via means of sabotage and extermination, and get Argon Crystals needed for Darvo's Argon Crystal-infused beer since he intends to get into the beverage business, which leads into defending him from upcoming angry Corpus crewmen who bought his beer and died/got sick via radiation poisoning, etc.

Edited by Stafelund
double posted

New Nightwave dailies/weeklies seem kinda lame. Duviri is like... garbage content. Was kinda hoping stuff like get 6 rare minerals/fish in (choose any open world area) would get dropped in favor of stuff that you can do in more places so that they come more naturally during general game play. Getting forced to do lame Duviri content just to rank up seems like a more annoying way to try and get players actually doing that content instead of doing the smart thing and like, just making a bunch of fun new items and loot that aren't terribly grindy to acquire.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i know it's an odd to ask for this but i really want to feel i did something i mean to feel like i did something by farming till lvl 30" no need to add the exclusive reward of each NW to the next mix like These Drifter set so when i see next lvl 30 reward or another exclusive rewards i rush and keep farming till reach them not just like "ohh i missed  them no problem iwill wait for next mix like they maybe lvl 15 reward or something" u get what i mean DE 

The rewards are cool but I still miss the stories and lore they brought.

I think stuff to the level of three actual NW stories was right to be dropped, but I dunno. Something? Like maybe just some stories read to us by Nora, a la Grandmother's stories about Naberus and Dagath.

"Hey Dreamers, got a story for you all."

Proceeds to talk at us for like, a minute, two maybe, telling us about this one group of rail agents out smuggling goods past the Grineer. Maybe tell us about the Ice Pirates. Maybe some antics of Clem & Darvo. Small little anecdotes about the Origin System outside of the Tenno's usual view, so we can see what we're really Fighting for. Would also make it feel much more like a rogue radio signal we tune into

• Like 1

On 2023-11-01 at 8:11 PM, (PSN)OblivionCairn said:

Is Komi worth playing now? Never had fun with it.

once you find out the 1 strategy to bait the AI into always giving you the win it's less about fun and more about a free decree when you see a komi table.

I feel like the actual Nightwave offerings shop needs to be updated. Considering how much stuff is in there now, certain item categories should see increases to how many are available each week (especially the weapon skins). Also, the key items (such as the tokens that let you go fight Nihil or Wolf) should be persistent at all times, not a random chance to appear.

Also, 1999 skins rerun when?

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

> Helping Hand: Rescue an animal in Duviri
You can't find the animal fast due to there is no way to locate it fast.

> Your Move: Complete a game of Komi in Duviri
It's atmospheric to add such a game to Duviri, but you want to force people to join it and to lose it ASAP due to people don't like it. Like Zephyr's "flip bird".

> Finely Tuned: Play 2 different Shawzin songs in Duviri
You need to know where these guitars are and you have to learn to play them while most players just use the autoplay feature.

>Horsing Around: Fly your Kaithe for 1000 meters
I play Warframe for almost 5 years, and I still haven't got the K-Driven achievement. Because it's stupid, and K-Drive loses in everything to the wings. And you force now the K-Drive-like "honse". I know you want people to use such things just because you lost a huge amount of time developing these things: Kaithe, K-Drive, Railjack, etc. Thanks to Pablo revisiting the companions system, we finally CAN use most of them. There is still work to be done, but now they are REALLY good, mostly. And I know, that was another time-consuming task. but it's a GOOD way to make people want to use the old things instead of just having 24/7 an immortal cat with viral priming from Deimos. Make such tools like Kaithe useful, please, and don't force us to grind points using "dead" tools.

>Perplexed: Complete 3 puzzles in Duviri
You REALLY have to create a reroll feature for the Nightwave deeds. All these tasks like "add a forma to your weapon", "complete 3 puzzles in Duviri", "kill a Lich", "kill a thrall", "clear a sector from Lich's influence", etc. are getting players, like me, frustrated. Like, really! I have polarised everything I wanted to, I got everything from Duviri content, I've got every single Arcana to level 5, and I leveled up all the Lich/Sister weapons. Why the hell do you force such players to make things that NEVER will come in handy anymore?.. You won't add new Lich/Sister weapons (maybe you will add 1-2 melee Sister weapons to the shop), and you won't add new stuff to Acrithis's shop for we solve these "owl puzzles", so why to not reroll the tasks which won't be useful for us anymore? MAYBE you will revisit Arcanas (like you did it already), and MAYBE you will create a shop for Lich melee weapons (analog to the Sister's stuff), but even you don't know will this ever happen, do you? And the reroll feature is a MUST for the situations I described, so, please, make finally one more good decision.

Edited by -J-a-c-k-
  • Like 1