Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nora's Mix Vol. 4 Ending + Vol. 5 Is Now Live!

[DE]Sam

Howdy, Tenno!

Nora's Mix Vol. 5 is live!

A few extra Nightwave Acts slipped through on this rotation, and Standing was not being awarded for the new Permanent Weekly Acts, which has now been fixed! A fuller read-up is here for those curious.

Edited by [DE]Sam
  • Like 1

• [DE]Megan changed the title to Nora's Mix Vol. 4 Ending + Vol. 5 Is Now Live!
8 minutes ago, [DE]Sam said:

A few extra Nightwave Acts slipped through on this rotation, and Standing was not being awarded for the new Permanent Weekly Acts, which has now been fixed! A fuller read-up is here for those curious.

Wait, I thought these were supposed to be additional?

On 2023-11-01 at 2:00 PM, [DE]Sam said:

we’re introducing Permanent Weekly Acts with Nora’s Mix Vol. 5! These Permanent Weekly Acts join in with each weekly Act rotation, which can earn you an extra 13,500 Nightwave Standing each week.

Abyss of Dagath - Dev Workshop:

With these new Permanent Acts, you can earn an extra 13,500 Nightwave Standing each week!

Note: since these are in addition to your weekly Act rotation, they are exempt from the Catch-Up pool. 

• Like 8

23 hours ago, Voltage said:

Wait, I thought these were supposed to be additional?

Abyss of Dagath - Dev Workshop:

@[DE]Megan Could you clarify?  I am equally confused.

@[DE]Megan  I do understand the clarification below, but most of the community was under the impression from the DEV stream and the prior information on the new Nightwave that the Permanent Weekly Acts were to be in addition to the normal Nightwave.

So we're down three recoverable weeklies? This makes no sense as now it's a net loss for anyone who misses a week or two, to the point where the implemented catch up recovery act mechanic becomes useless.

These Permanent Weekly Acts join in with each weekly Act rotation, which can earn you an extra 13,500 Nightwave Standing each week will replace 3 of the regular Weekly Acts, so you'll have 3 Permanent Weekly Acts and 2 regular Weekly Acts, culminating in the full 5 Weekly Acts (plus your usual amount of Dailies and Elite Weekly Acts).

Nightwave Changes

Nora Night has been gracing our airwaves since 2019, and word is she felt it was time for a little refresh. In the next Nightwave series, we’ve prepared some changes to keep Nora’s Acts fun, accessible, and as always, incentivizin’

Permanent Weekly Acts
Dreamers, we all like our little habits and rituals. To reward the little things you do every week, we’re adding 3 Permanent Weekly Acts intended to be unlocked with regular Warframe gameplay:

• Eximus Eliminator: Kill 30 Eximus.
  • Mission Complete: Complete any 15 missions.
  • Marksmen: Kill 500 Enemies.

With these new Permanent Acts, you can earn an extra 13,500 Nightwave Standing each week!

Note: since these are in addition to your weekly Act rotation, they are exempt from the Catch-Up pool. 

• Like 9

On 2023-11-01 at 6:00 PM, [DE]Sam said:

These Permanent Weekly Acts join in with each weekly Act rotation, which can earn you an extra 13,500 Nightwave Standing each week will replace 3 of the regular Weekly Acts, so you'll have 3 Permanent Weekly Acts and 2 regular Weekly Acts, culminating in the full 5 Weekly Acts (plus your usual amount of Dailies and Elite Weekly Acts).

Well admittedly this is disappointing. The bonus weekly standing would've been neat and might be a way for newer players or players who only play the game occasionally to grab some of the rewards from the nightwave at an easier rate while also offering everyone more chances to earn the NW credits past rank 30 to get more items from the shop, but oh well?

The three permanent weekly acts replacing some of the current ones also does kill some of the variety that comes from the weekly challenges the nightwave gives per week. 

• Like 4

What the hell is up with this revisionist history bullS#&$?

Permanent Weekly Acts join in with each weekly Act rotation, which can earn you an extra 13,500 Nightwave Standing each week will replace 3 of the regular Weekly Acts, so you'll have 3 Permanent Weekly Acts and 2 regular Weekly Acts, culminating in the full 5 Weekly Acts (plus your usual amount of Dailies and Elite Weekly Acts).

This is such a slap in the face as to how we have been told up till now.

• Like 17

What is going on here? The communication leading up to this change was that it was a benefit to everyone. Now it's released and the claim is that you guys just misspoke several times and it's actually a huge negative to people who get behind on nightwave by giving them less opportunity to catch up?

This is a horrible change and makes it seem like you guys have tried to pull a fast one on the community.

Edited by figurefive
  • Like 14

Note: since these are in addition to your weekly Act rotation, they are exempt from the Catch-Up pool. 

So what was the logic behind the switcheroo? One extra rank per week was too much?

• Like 7

With these new permanent acts being unrecoverable, you are punishing anyone who has a life circumstance occur or who simply wants to take a break between content drops to avoid burnout. The possibility of getting to rank 30 will only become harder for those that decide to come back to Warframe. That sounds like a poor way to welcome back these players. If you won't make these acts additional, and they are unrecoverable, then consider reverting this change or at least make it so whenever you miss one of these permanent acts the game will have a counter to use so you can recover a random weekly in its place- for those that want to catch up later. This whole situation really leaves a sour taste in players' mouths.

• Like 7

The additional permanent tasks being in *addition* to the regular random assortment felt like a nice way to pad out things for people that didn’t necessarily have the time; a bit more bang for their buck whenever they came in to do NW.

To now learn that it in fact is to the detriment of anyone not able to religiously keep up with things, and yet again seeming to be another recent case of FOMO exploitation…

I’m just gonna hope you guys misspoke and/or see the error of things, because to be honest, if this is the change coming, I’d prefer the change never occurred at all. Biggest issue for me beyond already mentioned is it kills 3/5 of the random tasks for the same boring task every week. That means more burnout and less players bothering to put in the grind.

• Like 4

Oh, I was hoping that in this mix I would find a Duviri skin for Kavat in the rewards, like the previous fabulous skin for Kubrow. It's terribly sad, I almost never play with dogs in my missions. Why so inconsistent? This is simply heartbreaking!😫

Replacing normal weekly missions instead of adding to them is bad. It removed catchup mechanics and makes less varied gameplay. I like that they exist, but at the expense of catchup mechanics, no. Go back to what was promised.

Edit: Or at least remove them altogether. They were proposed as a strict upgrade, what we were given is a strict downgrade. If you don't want to implement it as promised, don't implement it at all.

Edited by Wiebejamin
PS
  • Like 6

This is not QOL in it's current state. REPLACING weekly acts with permanent weekly acts is not an improvement. DE used to be really good with communication. I was really excited for this change. Also, what is the logic behind this?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RyBone said:

This is not QOL in it's current state. REPLACING weekly acts with permanent weekly acts is not an improvement. DE used to be really good with communication. I was really excited for this change. Also, what is the logic behind this?

I really hope this isn't done to make way for this: 

See the featured comment. It's planned to be revisited and with this knowledge and the sudden change with permanent weeklies replacing the typical, recoverable ones it's making me think if this is implemented, this is probably going to be for people who need to catch up to nightwave.

If there's one thing I hate the most in games, is crippling a good system and at the same time giving the option to alleviate the said negative effect in a form of a microtransaction. I hope this won't be the case. And for nightwave, its best aspect is the catch-up; the players also have more leeway to not rush and take their time, and still enjoy what nightwave offers for the whole season.

WF excels at letting players take a break compared to most games, this kind of hinders that unless this is just a huge mix-up.

Edited by Stafelund
changed words
  • Like 3

So the additional permanent acts that was touted as a boon for all players even ones catching up is actually a system intended to screw over players trying to catch up? Wasn't the whole point of nightwave to be an easily accessible battle pass that you could do over the course of it's runtime while skipping acts you didn't want to do, or finish up near the end?

• Like 5

Howdy, Tenno!

We’re working on a change to make Permanent Weekly Acts recoverable! With this, the intention is that Permanent Weekly Acts won’t be lost should you not finish them during a rotation, as they will act like recoverable Acts going forward so that players aren’t excluded from any Nightwave Standing. We’ll update you on the progress of this change when we have more information.

• Like 6

I wholeheartedly believe that just having them as additional challenges each week was the way to go. I see a few predictable issues with making them recoverable. I'm sure there are bound to be more, but I'll list a few that come to mind right away.

Potential Issue 1: Progress towards a single challenge applying to every matching challenge. This could either auto-clear all copies of a specific type (such as kill 500 enemies) in the recovery queue or it could apply progress to them all, clear the active one, then all the rest become incompletable.

Potential Issue 2: Having 2 of the same challenge recover at the same time, both clear at the same time and the player only getting credit for one.

Potential Issue 3: After clearing a challenge, all of the matching challenges vanish out of the recovery queue without giving credit.

All in all, the original method of these being non-recoverable permanent challenges OUTSIDE of the usual weekly/daily challenges was the way to go since it would reward active players while simultaneously not negatively impacting those who are inactive or join late. Feels odd to be rug pulled so hard on this out of nowhere.

Edit: Lots of typos.

Edited by (PSN)Reptiletc
Typos
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, [DE]Sam said:

Howdy, Tenno!

We’re working on a change to make Permanent Weekly Acts recoverable! With this, the intention is that Permanent Weekly Acts won’t be lost should you not finish them during a rotation, as they will act like recoverable Acts going forward so that players aren’t excluded from any Nightwave Standing. We’ll update you on the progress of this change when we have more information.

Okay, but that doesn't change the fact that these Weeklies were meant to be an addition to your existing weeklies.

Also, how is this going to work? You're telling me it's basically going to be 2 Random Elites, 2 Random Weekly, and 3 of the exact same Challenges every week? That sounds super monotonous. Or is it going to be that Weeklies that are missed come back as one of the Permanent challenges?

What... like... what?

Edited by TheTundraTerror
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, [DE]Sam said:

Howdy, Tenno!

So instead of doing this, just do nothing instead. Or just revert back to the regular nightwave. On your current course its a grand net nothing for nightwave at absolute best. You have put in a bunch of work changing the weeklies to end up with essentially no notable change, no benefit whatsoever, and no...sense. 

• Like 11

For me personally, the current system from before worked fine and I don't see a reason to touch it at all. Did everyone even complain about Nightwave when it comes to not having enough points, to at least get all the non-prestige rewards? If people complained about Nightwave, it was mostly about the tasks, and some of them do need to be touched up and some small QoL could be added to some tasks like Maroo and Clem's missions involving recoverable tasks.

Still, making the permanent weeklies recoverable is a step in the right direction, and it does help people who hate doing some tasks by having a static requirement weekly that can be accomplished by just playing the game passively. I'm just wondering why this was announced to make Nightwave all better now, with the saying you can earn more points than usual now that there are additional tasks to be completed besides the usual weeklies and dailies, and then there's the sudden backtracking.

It doesn't help that it wasn't just a simple "backtrack, rescind the announcement and implementation", but it was made in a way there's a negative change as a result. 

But why tho? Wouldn't it be better for you to let run this Nightwave with the additional Acts and monitor interaction changes with the system, average completion rate changes and whatnot? If it turns out to be a mistake and people get too much goodies or whatever your concerns may be now then remove it in the next one.

• Like 5