The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ok; RIP to the King of Sand

Worfhald

I feel so cheated by this new game update, it's ruining the time I spend now trying not to die on a level 6 mission, because the  barrels are bypassing the defense of the warframe I've put a lot of hours, resources into and archon fragments...yes, Inaros, he is the only one with whom I can go with a rifle and aim without having to jump like a  monkey from one place to another or constantly go to the operator, I enjoy the game myself way, and now thanks to the stupid meta game exploiters, I am forced to waste time again resetting warframes that I couldn't even touch with a stick because the "high lvl" of this game borders on the absurd; I already expressed my opinion about the Steel Path previously; and the addiction of the helminth only further aggravated the situation of the exploits, because you literally put the best tool in their hands to be able to do it.

I don't like the meta exploit that people like and enjoy so much, I just want to have a good time in a game that I've spent decades watching how it has become what it is; I really admire the work they do with the stories and new events they do to bring something new to something so repetitive that it would be boring if it didn't have that variety. But what I am not willing to do is go through the hoop of the meta exploit that only entertains four people and if they were denied it they would be the first to complain and leave the game aside.

So I hope they soon fix the cigarette paper armor problem that Life/Armor warframes seem to have now and that it is an unintentional bug; If it is intentional, congratulations you have made happy those who only criticize the players of those warframes because they are "boring" and do not fall within their concept of fun; The meta exploit doesn't fit into mine either, but at least mine doesn't cause other people to have to change the way they enjoy the game.

And to all those who probably feel singled out and offended, I say that first I do not respond to trolls and secondly, I am sorry if my way of expressing the frustration I feel right now attacks you, it is not my intention to offend anyone who enjoys the game legally.

Edited by Worfhald
grammar correction

I always thought the exploding barrels were there to just make it faster to break open all the crates around them... not as a tactical battlefield hazard to avoid swinging your melee weapons near, or to use against enemies who just so happen to wander near them... so the increased damage from barrels seems more like a penalty to those who like to melee open crates. Now, it's guns only, from a distance. I don't get it either.

• Like 2

[Sigh]

5 hours ago, Worfhald said:

yes, Inaros, he is the only one with whom I can go with a rifle and aim without having to jump like a  monkey from one place to another or constantly go to the operator,

Revenant is that frame. Press 2 and, depending on your build, you can get well over 20 seconds on that Mesmer Skin, for 20 seconds of full invulnerability (at minimum, if you're being hit constantly) I have a build that's only mildly energy in-efficient, but gets me 26 charges there, can one-shot any Thrall with Reeve infinitely, and I can just... chill.

Inaros hasn't been able to take much since the Grineer Railjack Officers, with their Grattlers, started taking him down from full health in seconds. He's needed a rework for years.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Inaros hasn't been able to take much since the Grineer Railjack Officers, with their Grattlers, started taking him down from full health in seconds. He's needed a rework for years.

How are the Grineer RJ Officers able to take you down, even with Grattlers? By that statement, the Plains Heavy Gunners should also be dropping Inaros pretty quick.

7 hours ago, Worfhald said:

I feel so cheated by this new game update, it's ruining the time I spend now trying not to die on a level 6 mission, because the  barrels are bypassing the defense of the warframe I've put a lot of hours, resources into and archon fragments...yes, Inaros

Most game have hazards in mission that both bypass defenses and do a percentage of the player's Health as damage independent of gear/level.

Warframe was long overdue for this to become a feature as Barrels posed no threat either to the player or enemies around them.

6 hours ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

I always thought the exploding barrels were there to just make it faster to break open all the crates around them...

Until the last Update they were as their damage was insignificant.

6 hours ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

so the increased damage from barrels seems more like a penalty to those who like to melee open crates. Now, it's guns only, from a distance. I don't get it either.

I dont see it that way, there are still many ways to avoid the damage done by barrels.

Usually when i enter a room full of crates and an explosive barrel, i quickly enter my Operator, shoot my Amp's Alt Fire which deals damage in Area and before the projectile hits i already pop back into my warframe. Since the Operator and Warframe count as different entities, the explosions dont affect my Warframe.

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It is a known bug regarding barrels.

Its not a bug, Barrels got tuned up on the last update. They deal significantly more damage.

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

How are the Grineer RJ Officers able to take you down, even with Grattlers? By that statement, the Plains Heavy Gunners should also be dropping Inaros pretty quick.

Not me, it was demonstrated back when they were introduced to show that Inaros couldn't just health his way through everything. Officers are far more damaging than Plains gunners. Even with maximum EHP, Inaros will get shredded if you just stand around aiming down sights, especially these days with the scaling you can get in some mission types.

55 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:
7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It is a known bug regarding barrels.

Its not a bug, Barrels got tuned up on the last update. They deal significantly more damage.

From the update notes...

On 2023-10-18 at 7:58 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Explosive Barrels now deal a % of an enemy’s Health to help them scale with higher level content. Players will receive a reduced amount of damage from Barrels to prevent deadly accidents -- on par with the amount of damage they would have received before this change.

Bolding mine.

There are also a couple of items in the Known Issues thread about barrels doing excessive damage. These relate to Nightmare mode and defense objectives specifically, but may end up being an indication that the general tuning isn't where DE wanted it.  No way to know for sure until they say more and/or those issues get fixed.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

For enemies yes, not for players. The damage numbers versus players were intended to remain as they were prior to the changes as per the patch notes that @Tiltskilletprovided. So that not being the case means it is quite obviously a bug since it doesnt do what it is intended to do.

Though it is correct it isnt listed as a known issue for players. But the same thing that results in increased damage versus objectives and in NM missions is likely also the cause of why it deals more damage than intended for players. It honestly wouldnt surprise me if the damage for barrels is calculated based on enemy levels and that same damage is applied to everything, meaning objectives wont have a chance to survive since they have flat mitigation iirc and frames just have too little health to be able to reduce damage enough when it is based on enemy health which is much higher in comparison. So a 10k HP Inaros that can maybe mitigate 80% damage and has no shield gate, will end up dead if the health scaling makes the barrel hit for say 100k, since he'll only mitigate 80k, which leaves 20k for his 10k pool to soak up, which simply wont add up. 

While the intended mechanic is probably more that the mob is intended to take a 100k hit while the frame is supposed to take a % of their health value that is then mitigated by armor/shield mitigation and so on.