Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boreal is still the worst Archon fight

-Krism-

1 hour ago, GPrime96 said:

Felarx's Incarnon deals with the Canisters (no matter if you're in a team or solo) with it's Infinite PunchThrough.

Does it actually have infinite punch-through?  According to the wiki it only has 0.5 meters of punch-through outside of some gimmick-requiring upgrades that increase that number.  Meanwhile the wiki does say that Catchmoon has infinite enemy punch-through, which I would hope would apply to every part of the Aerolyst since it's an enemy?

43 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Does it actually have infinite punch-through?  According to the wiki it only has 0.5 meters of punch-through outside of some gimmick-requiring upgrades that increase that number.  Meanwhile the wiki does say that Catchmoon has infinite enemy punch-through, which I would hope would apply to every part of the Aerolyst since it's an enemy?

It do have that much puncthrough on enemies

• Like 1

41 минуту назад, (PSN)Unstar сказал:

Wiki states infinite enemy punch-through for felarx as well...

Mwbkx2k.jpeg

• Like 1

Yeah, Boreal was the archon flavor of the week when attenuation was fixed and hoo boy I went in there with loads of weapons just for comparisons' sake and every time without fail I either ran out of ammo or got tired of having three overlapping abilities preventing me from doing anything. Before that it wasn't really a problem for me since you completely ignored the conventional mechanics and killed him before he had a chance of doing anything major.

All of Boral's abilities actively hinder you rather than just acting as a deterrent, that is the main problem which isn't present in the other two archons.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, deucich said:

Wiki states infinite enemy punch-through for felarx as well...

Mwbkx2k.jpeg

Ah, thank you for clarifying. Based on GPrime96's phrasing, I interpreted that the punch-through was associated with the Incarnon form.  So I went to the Incarnon section of the article and saw this:

Incarnon Form changes the weapon from automatic to semi-automatic with higher accuracy and critical multiplier, 0.5 meter punch through, and its status chance per projectile is increased to 20%.

...and I thought that was what they were talking about.  I honestly didn't expect the weapon to have numerous different kinds of punch-through in different circumstances!  Pretty sneaky, devs.

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I'm pretty sure I know how they're handling that ability of his under the hood, and if I'm correct, they won't bother fixing it. It'd be far, far more trouble than it's worth.

I hope so because being able to spot Amar without obliterating all of them is quite nice

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Ah, thank you for clarifying. Based on GPrime96's phrasing, I interpreted that the punch-through was associated with the Incarnon form.  So I went to the Incarnon section of the article and saw this:

...and I thought that was what they were talking about.  I honestly didn't expect the weapon to have numerous different kinds of punch-through in different circumstances!  Pretty sneaky, devs.

There’s a good chunk of data that’s hidden in the game (especially when it comes to my main💀) you wouldn’t know without reading the Wiki which is why mainy players want you to open that up when you play Warframe. But yeah that’s why i use Felarx in that boss fight just like for the rest, it handles the entire mission by itself alone with a weapon buffing ability against the Archon and it’s adds. 

6 hours ago, -Krism- said:

After wanting to try some Archon hunts after not doing them for like a full year, why is he still the worst one? I can deal with the birds with the Stropha, but his mechanics just aren't fun

hard disagree. while I will admit Boreal has multiple layers of mechanics (summons, healing, pyramid mode), Nira has just as many and is far worse: she has summons, can actually CC you with her Petrify, can turn invisible and start jumping around on the walls; unless someone waypoints her or ignores everything else the team is bound to lose track of where she is, and then there's that toxic cloud attack that can wreck almost any frame with enough exposure.. and on top of all that, she heals more often and at a faster rate than Boreal does.

IMO none of the archons are "too hard", especially now after the changes, but Nira is always the most troublesome and takes the longest to do. each archon has it's own difficulty in a way.

Amar = easy

Boreal = medium

Nira = hard.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

she has summons

Which can be killed in a single shot

41 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

can actually CC you with her Petrify

Get behind a wall or a create, or get back a few meters

42 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

can turn invisible and start jumping around on the walls

But that doesn't do anything, you're just waiting

44 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

unless someone waypoints her or ignores everything else the team is bound to lose track of where she is

I'm a solo player, Amar & Nira only take a few minutes, from begin to end of the mission, Boreal takes me about 20 alone because of the reasons I pointed out

45 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

and then there's that toxic cloud attack that can wreck almost any frame with enough exposure..

I play Rev, I don't care about that

46 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

and on top of all that, she heals more often and at a faster rate than Boreal does.

I already explained that in another reply, a single slam attack is enough to break her guard & stop her healing

In that case, Boreal is even worse since he has even more & worse mechanics of what you described

47 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

IMO none of the archons are "too hard"

I didn't say Boreal was hard, I said he was #*!%ing annoying with what I already talked about in my first post

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Amar = easy

Boreal = medium

Nira = hard.

One thing that sucks about Boreal is the shard he got. Amar and Nira got the red/yellow shard which is used for Duration/Strength/and Casting Speed which is 3 of the main things that’s focused on tuning Warframes. Boreal got the blue one which is used for Energy (which got more of a benefit now as a choice) and maybe Shields for the current shield gating mechanic (until the player reach 1100+ shields when not using Hildryn). So Azure is kind of a side grade even though Boreal and Amar (Crimson) fight isn’t that much different in difficulty.

• Like 1

So, this isn't necessarily advice or tips you can just apply in your next Boreal encounter, but... speaking as someone who has done every Archon fight, and finds them all pretty much the same, and pretty casually easy... A lot of people (myself included) can overlook the sort of intuitive understanding most of us pick up with repetition and experience accumulating. Basically practice.

Like I am familiar with some of what you describe, for example Boreals bubble that pushes you away, I can't actually remember exactly what I do, to end that phase early, in a way I can articulate, because at this point, I just intuitively do it. I think... I switch to Operator, do a Void Dash to get closer, but it does still push you back, but after the Void Dash, I roll, which I am pretty sure doesn't push you back? Either that or multiple rolls allows you to get close enough (get inside the sphere), then whatever Prism I use is effective enough to break the stage. I have also used secondary weapons to bypass as well, but again, there may be other variables. I just remember roughly that it seems easier with weapons with an AOE component, or maybe it just feels that way because he is glowing and I tend to take weapons like Epitaph, or Atomos a lot.

Either way, that stage is very short and barely an inconvenience for me, I just can't necessarily articulate how/why right now. Maybe later when I do the fight, I'll try to be more conscious of what I am doing exactly. Alternatively, you'll probably just refine your own runs, the more you do them. Like you'll instinctively get better and faster. If you had a bad experience with Boreal ages ago, and your most recent experience was also longer, you may also be developing a bit of a mental block around them too, which is perfectly natural. As soon as you have more experiences where Boreal is done in 5 minutes or less, you'll probably feel less frustrated or your expectations will start to view them as easy as the others, barring some bad luck. 

For example, there is one issue that is harder to work around, and I have encountered this... maybe 10% to 20% of the time with Boreal, and thats his Pyramid, floating Pyramid stage taking longer than necessarily, because his position on the map, means its clipping through geography that won't allow you to damage one or more. So you just end up having to wait. Really isn't much you can do AFAIK in that situation. Some weapons, may help if the clipping isn't too deep, may depend on the type of geography as well. Sometimes I experience this with Nira as well, where they just want to float into ceilings or walls, and float there for periods. About as infrequently. Still can add another 2 or 3 mins to the ordeal so understandably frustrating. Should be relatively rare though. Oh and the issue you seem to have in the screenshot and with stacking powers/stages, I don't think should be happening? Or is relatively rare? With Aerolysts and the Bubble all happening at once. I have encountered it exactly once though too, and it was frustrating, because the bubble should end when you damage Boreal, but if you can't damage him because of the Aerolysts... but also if the Aerolysts are in weird positions around the bubble, they are harder to destroy too, even with a weapon that normally destroys them easy so... I personally just consider that bugged behaviour. I've only seen in once in all my attempts. 

Aerolysts you already know how to deal with well (Stropha is really excellent at taking them out). 

Good luck for the next time! 

• Like 1